Friday, June 02, 2006

Sami's Pal Kate

Marlena comes downstairs after her nap. John can tell something is bothering her. She tells John she thinks it's her fault she lost the baby.

Samantha Gene-Jean rushes in and interrupts Austin, "I know how we can get Shawn and Max' account away from Lucas."

Kate's car has died. She calls a tow truck. The guy tells her he can be there in 45 minutes. Kate decides to hoof it. EJ discovers the damsel in distress. He offers to take a look at the car, "I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't try to help a beautiful lady in distress."

Bo tells Hope he won't give up. She walks inside and discovers Zack calling for help. Hope screams and Bo rushes to her rescue. The brat watches.

Bo comforts Hope. She tells him about the vision of Zack, "He was calling for help, but for what? This isn't the first time thought I saw him. On the island there was a little boy. I thought it was Zack. I dream about him all the time. I miss him so much. I'll never stop missing him. I think maybe after Chelsea's trial, when justice has been served, maybe he will be able to rest in peace. And I can rebuild my life."

EJ figures he could have fixed the car with the right tools.

"At least I got to look under the hood," says Kate.

"Not like Sami did," says EJ.

They introduce themselves. Kate gets right to the point, "So tell me, Mr. Wells, are you hitting on me."

EJ says, "Well, that rather depends."

Kate asks, "On what?"

EJ asks, "Do you want me to?"

John tells Marlena she can't keep blaming herself. She says she knows it was an accident. She just lost several months when she could have been dealing with it, "It feels like everything just happened this morning."

John explains, "That's the DOOL effect. Things that could have happened in a half day drag on for months." John blames Alex for everything that happened.

"He didn't cause the amnesia," says Marlena, "Then I found out I was a battered wife. I found out I didn't know who I was. I don't know if my patients can trust me any more."

"I don't know if they ever could," says John, "But this gives you new ways to help them."

"I'm not sure I can even help myself," says Marlena, "I don't know why I chose to forget everything. Maybe I didn't want the baby enough."

John says, "I'm not going to try to pretend I understand what it feels like to lose a child."

"It feels like loosing DJ all over again," says Marlena, "Or was it EJ? I don't know how you can forgive me."

"There is nothing to forgive," insists John.

Marlena says, "I broke our marriage vows. I became pregnant by Roman. Are you thinking of that as nothing?"

"That kind of stuff isn't even a blip on the radar in Salem," says John.

Austin tells Nicole he will call her back. Sami rambles, "Shawn wants to work with Max because of his endorsement value. We can get someone even bigger!" She drags him outside where they run into EJ, or is it DJ? Sami goes into high gear.

John says, "What happened between you and Roman happened because Tony was holding you hostage. Kate and I turned to each other, too. I'm sure that had to be hard for you to watch."

"That's what people do," says Marlena, "When they lose a spouse they move on."

"That's what you were doing," says John.

"How can you be so forgiving," asks Marlena.

"Because I love you."

John's phone rings. It's Bo, calling Marlena. Hope needs her. John offers to drive, but Marlena declines. John tells her, "This thing with you and Roman – it's OK. I just want you to be OK with it, too."

"Wow," says Marlena. She leaves. John sighs.

Bo tells Hope he called Marlena. Maybe she can give Hope some insight, "I never answered your question about whose side I'm gonna be on for the trial."

Hope says, "Bo, I already know the answer."

The brat watches from the window. Bo says, "I'm going to be supporting you."

Austin and Sami look through magazines. Austin had no idea EJ was a hotshot driver. EJ thinks they have found a way to tap into a bonanza, "Shawn's invention will take racing to a new level." But he turns them down. This just isn't a part of his plans.

Sami tries to talk him into it. Austin tells her to back off. He gets a phone call and leaves.

EJ shifts gears, "Samantha, if you've calmed down I want to ask you something. Do you ever use the roof up there? Can I go up there and exercise?"

"Yes," says Sami, "Austin does it all the time." EJ goes off and Sami picks up a file and looks through it. EJ sees her. He clears his throat and takes it form her, "You'll have to excuse the mess. It may take me months to get things arranged."

"I can help if you want," says Sami.

Austin finishes his call and says he has to go.

"Certainly a shame he can't stay longer," says EJ.

"Yes," says Sami, "We have lots to talk about." Austin turns on his way out and tells Sami they have to go. She thanks EJ for the soda as she leaves.

The brat eavesdrops on Bo and Hope. Hope doesn't know what to say. Bo reiterates he will support Hope. He was just hoping to spare Chelsea prison. He doesn't want her to have to go there, but the best thing for her is to teach her there are consequences for her actions. She has to pay for her mistakes, "I wish I could have been a better father. I know I certainly screwed up unleashing Shawn on the world. I am as responsible for Zack's death as Chelsea is, because I loaned her the car. I just need you. I've been just going through the motions. Without you I don't really know who I am."

Doorbell. Marlena arrives. Bo heads for the boat. Marlena says, "What was that about? You sent Bo away and you obviously wanted him to stay."

Hope doesn't know why she sent him away, "Pushing him away has become a habit. I haven't been the same since Zack died. I thought I saw him tonight. The vision was so clear. He looked so frightened. I'm such a failure. I failed to protect my son. And I allowed it to destroy my marriage."

"You didn't fail to protect him," says Marlena, "And you and Bo love each other. Just give it time."

"I did," says Hope, "That's why I went away."

"Maybe you need more time," says Marlena.

"The one thing I'm looking forward to is seeing his killer brought to justice," says Hope.

Marlena asks, "Do you want to save your marriage or see Chelsea punished?"

"I don't know," says Hope, "But I do know I owe this to Zack. Zack would want me to fight for my marriage and I owe it to Bo and Shawn. At least Bo and I are on the same page about the trial."

"Are you sure," asks Marlena, "I know you want her punished, but Bo wants to see her grow up and take responsibility for what happened. If you and Bo are on the same page, why isn't he here? Why did you send him away?"

"Because... I don't know."

"I think you are angry at him," says Marlena.

"He lied to me," says Hope, "He slept with Billie. He betrayed me."

Marlena thinks, "I did the same thing to John by being with Roman."

Bo gets down to the dock and finds John wandering around, "Probably trying to score some blow," thinks Bo. He tells John the trial is tomorrow. John wouldn't want to be in Bo's shoes. Neither does Bo. He says he told Hope he can't protect Chelsea any more. He hopes it's not to late.

John asks, "For Chelsea, or for you and Hope?"

"For all of us," says Bo, "I hope Chelsea is strong enough for whatever the judge decides."

Sami is bummed. Austin says it just didn't work out. Sami asks what he thinks about EJ. "He seems like a smart friendly guy," says Austin.

Sami has the feeling EJ is hiding something.

"When Sami gets a feeling I get scared," says Austin.

Sami says, "I'm not in the mood for your jokes."

She's less in the mood for Kate, who shows up at their door. Kate tells them about her car, "I wanted to see how you are doing. Since Sami is here, I guess not very well."

Sami forgets whose apartment it is and storms off to her room.

Austin asks, "Why are you so rude to her?"

Kate asks, "When will you understand that woman is a chemical spill poisoning everyone around her?"

John knows Bo's love is strong enough to get him through anything. Bo thought he and Hope would have each other to get through this, "But if she can't forgive me, that's not gonna happen."

The brat listens as Hope rants about her. She tells Marlena Bo said they should fight to save their marriage. Hope isn't sure she has anything left to fight with.

Kate wonders why Austin proposed to Sami.

"I love her."

"No you don't," insists Kate, "You love Carrie. You pity Sami."

"Carrie is marrying my brother," says Austin.

"That doesn't mean you have to marry Sami," says Kate.

"Belle's married. Sami's the only sister left," says Austin.

"I know I didn't give you the best example of marriage," says Kate.

Austin asks, "Are you comparing Sami to my father?"

"She hurts people on purpose," says Kate, "I don't understand this. It's as if to stop Sami you've decided to give her exactly what she wants. You're marrying her to diffuse her."

Austin says, "If you are going to keep badmouthing her I don't want you here."

"OK," says Kate, "I'll drop it – for today." They talk about her car problem. She tells him about meeting the lovely young man who helped her.

Sami plots, "There has to be a way to convince EJ. We have to give him an offer he can't refuse. Where did I put that horse's head? "

Kate goes on about the young man she met today. Austin's mind is on business. He has to make a phone call. Kate goes to the window and sees Sami climbing the fire escape. She tells Austin she has to leave immediately.

Sami reaches the roof. She says hi to EJ, who is exercising. He asks if she is following him. "Sort of," says Sami, "I just want to talk about business."

"This is a bad time," says EJ, "Maybe we can talk later."

"Oh," says Sami, "OK... You can go back to your grunting."

"I'm glad you came," he says.

Kate stands behind the door and thinks, "He is a hottie isn't he, Sami? Something tells me you're going to self-destruct again, with a little help from your pal Kate."

Marlena is back at the penthouse. She thinks Hope helped her more than she helped Hope. They are in similar situations. It's the same kind of feeling. They both took a blow to the heart, "Hope has decided to move on. I think I should too."

John is there for her. Marlena needs to tell him something, "It's sad to lose a child but I would never want to risk losing you. And I'm not going to. You mean so much to me."

"Ohhhh, Doc."

"I love you... I love you... I want to thank you for remembering that when I couldn't remember it," says Marlena. Smooch.

Bo misses Fancy Face. He needs to feel her close to him again, "Come back to me."

Chelsea thinks tomorrow it will all be over, "I might as well make the most of my last hours of freedom.

Hope thinks, "I know he isn't alive, but I saw him so clearly."

Zack pops into the scene, "Where's Daddy?"

"He's on his way home and will be here any second," says Hope, "And we can all be together again."

Zack gives her a high-five and disappears. Hope says, "I have to tell Bo. I have to fight for my marriage." She slow-motion jogs out the door.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Mimi says, "I used to... wish I was Belle." Shawn says, "You're kidding."

EJ says, "You're really desperate to get involved with me aren't you? Professionally... obviously I mean." Sami drops her jaw.

Bo types into his computer, "I've found a way to forgive her. And I hope you can do the same." The brat looks at her computer and says, "There is no way I can let Hope read this the way it was."

Hope says, "This is the last time. I have made my decision forever." The brat says, "So long, Hope."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love John looking to score some blow! Buwahaha!

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the Gene-Jean dilemma was good as well.

Doc shouldn't worry about her ability to help her patients. What patient in the world would go to see Marlena? She's never in town (or in her right mind) to counsel anyone for more than a week or two at a time anymore. This latest three year stretch or so, when she wasn't being controlled by Tony and/or slinking about as the SSK, or trapped on the island or in the castle, she's had amnesia!! When has she had ANY patients? HAHAHAHA

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs