Monday, June 05, 2006

Synchronicity

Belle has Claire on her lap as they go through a picture album, "That's your Aunt Chloe and your Daddy. They were in love in high school ...And there is me kissing your Uncle Shawn. We were in love back then." Fake flashback to the dancing duo. Belle decides they have looked at enough pictures. She goes over to open the window to get some fresh air and sees Mimi on the balcony.

Shawn comes out and tells Mimi he woke up and she wasn't there. Mimi is thinking about Little Zygote. She just hopes the IVF works this time. Shawn promises it will.

Belle eavesdrops and stews.

Austin comes out, "Sorry, Mom, that call took ten times longer than I thought..." No Kate.

EJ strokes Sami's hair. They have an uncomfortable moment. He tells her she looks beautiful in the moonlight. Kate watches and thinks this is working out beautifully.

Bo leaves a message on Hope's voice mail. There are a few things he wants to go over before the trial. He decides to send an email too.

It must be career day in Salem as the brat walks the streets of the seedy part of town. She remembers listening to Hope and Marlena. She decides she can't let Hope send her to jail.

Jennifer meets Hope at the dock. Hope tells her about seeing Zack in the house. Hope thinks this was a sign she and Bo should be together. Jennifer encourages her.

Belle holds the cooing Claire as we bop over to Shawn and Mimi. Shawn tells her, "Our baby is going to be just perfect. Just like you."

"Nobody is perfect," says Mimi, "I just want to be a good mom. I get afraid when I look at my mom."

"I don't know why you're so hard on yourself," says Shawn, "Our baby will grow up in a house filled with love and morons."

Belle listens as Mimi tells Shawn he will be a great dad. Mimi wishes they had more financial security, but there is that little invention of Shawn's, "The important thing is that we are there for our baby all the Days Of Our Lives. When I was little and things were so bad, I used to dream my fairy godmother would come and give me a perfect life. And when I woke up from those dreams... I used to... wish I was Belle."

Prevuze

Shawn says, "You're kidding."

"No," says Mimi, "Back then I thought Belle had the perfect life. She had everything I wanted. Including you."

Bo types the email, "Fancy Face, I tried to call. I'd rather say this in person. I know what Chelsea did was unforgivable and so was what Billie and I did to cover it up. Still, I have found a way to forgive her and I hope you can do the same. For our sake and Zack's."

The brat thinks she has to find a way to keep Bo and Hope fighting. She hears Hope and Jennifer talking.

The brat opens her cell phone and fakes a phone conversation with Max, "Bo was trying to butter Hope up while I stayed away. There is no way he is really getting back together with her. He is doing this just until the trial is over..." She turns and looks at Hope, "How long have you been standing there?"

Hope says, "Long enough to know what you are up to. And you are not going to get away with it."

Austin figures Kate got tired of waiting. He goes over to his computer and sits down. He remembers Sami trying to talk EJ into going into business with them. He says, "There must be a way to get him to do it."

EJ tells Sami she is incredibly beautiful. Kate crouches behind the door and listens, "When Austin hears about this, my Sami troubles will be over. But he will need more than this to go on."

Sami tries to convince EJ to work with them. EJ says no, as he chases her around the roof. Sami backs off. EJ doesn't think Max would want him steal the limelight. Kate plots. She has to make sure this works out.

EJ doesn't think Sami could convince Max to go along with it, "You're really desperate to get involved with me aren't you? Professionally... obviously I mean."

Sami says, "I just think it will make us a lot of money. Do you think it's such a bad idea?"

"No," says EJ, "Actually, I think it could work out well for all of us."

Shawn tells Mimi, "Belle and I weren't together then."

"Not officially," says Mimi, "But I remember a day when you came to Belle's rescue on the playground. From that day on, you were hers and she was yours."

Belle listens and remembers. Little Mimi and Belle are playing on the jungle gym. The school bully comes up and tells them they can't play there. He runs them off. Shawn crashes his tricycle through the school window and chases the bully away. He asks Belle if she is OK. Hugs.

"I forgot all about that day," says Shawn.

"I didn't," says Mimi.

"It's funny how things turn out," says Shawn.

"Especially since Belle is the one you should be with," says Mimi.

Bo continues typing, "If I could turn back the clock, I would. But Zack is gone and we have to move on with our lives. Together. Our love and marriage are too important to throw away."

Hope says, "You have been manipulating Bo all along. I should have known." The brat decides it's time to go.

Hope rants. Jennifer tries to convince Hope the brat is a liar. Hope won't have any of it, "He did all this just to soften me up. He doesn't want me to send his daughter to prison."

Bo materializes, "You're right, I don't. I was just going to send you an email."

The little snot hides and listens to their conversation, "Please God, don't let them figure out what I have done."

Kate barges in to interrupt Austin with a brilliant idea. She tells Austin EJ is the person who helped her with her car. She thinks he is perfect for Basic Black to get involved with.

Austin explains EJ already turned them down. Kate thinks he could be a gold mine for Austin's company and Basic Black.

"I was just thinking way too small," says Austin.

"Small mind, small thoughts," says Kate, "Sami is right. Even though EJ is unknown here, he is huge in Europe. He is poised to be just as big here. Our companies should team up."

Austin asks, "Why don't you want to go after him on your own."

"You are my son," says Kate, "It was your idea first. What do you say? Actually I've been thinking Mr. Wells could be a solution to a major problem I am having."

EJ agrees to meet. Sami is going to go talk to Austin. She suggests he come to her apartment after he is done working out. Hugs. "Thank you so much," says Sami. She runs off. EJ stares.

Shawn asks Mimi why she would say he really belongs to Belle. Belle is all ears. Mimi tells him that's just what everyone thought. He stops her and asks why she does this to herself. She is his wife... the woman he loves. Belle will always be there as a friend. Mimi and Little Zygote are his future.

Belle turns and decides Shawn is right. She is Shawn's past.

Claire explodes into a crying fit. Belle tries to comfort her.

The brat tries to think of something to do before Hope and Bo put two and two together. She makes a call.

Hope tells Bo she will be honest when she takes the stand. Bo tells her there is a difference between honest and vindictive. Sending the brat to jail will help Hope heal. Bo's phone rings.

Hope snorts, "Who is it? Chelsea or Billie?"

"Actually it's the station," lies Bo, "Why don't you read that email on my computer while I take care of this?"

The brat overhears and plots to get to the email before Hope does. She takes off her shoes and sighs, "It's an expensive dress, but I won't get to wear it in prison." She descends the ladder.

Austin wonders what kind of problem this could solve for Kate. She says she has a product line involved with the wrong spokesperson.

He reminds her, "If you go into business with me you will also be in business with Sami."

"I won't like it," says Kate, "But it gives me a chance to work with you.

Austin pitches Sami's talents, "She is doing a great job. She has excellent instincts."

"Maybe she will surprise us all," says Kate.

"We need to lock in EJ ASAP," says Austin, "Then Sami and I can get married."

"Why so soon," asks Kate.

"It's not like we just met," says Austin, "I love her and she loves me. She has really changed."

Kate plays along, "OK. I don't know. Maybe if we work together she can prove she has changed. If you are that confident I have to give her a chance."

"Do you rally mean that," asks Austin.

"I love you," says Kate, "I don't want anyone to come between us again. The least I can do is give her a chance. It's not easy for me but my family's happiness comes first for me."

"I love you for that," says Austin, "But first we have to get EJ to agree."

Sami busts in with the good news. She says she convinced EJ to meet with them. She rambles on about the possibilities, "We could do more than just work with Shawn and his stupid engine..." She sees Kate, "What is she doing here?"

Austin gushes, "This is incredible synchronicity! My mom had the exact same idea. She wants us to partner with Basic Black."

Sami nearly hurls, "NO! You can't do this!"

Claire bawls. Like mother like daughter.

Shawn and Mimi listen. The crying subsides. Shawn decides they should be quieter. He asks if Mimi remembers what it was like the first time they held Claire. He can't imagine what it's like to hold your own child for the first time, "But we will find out won't we?"

Belle discovers the world has stopped revolving around her for a moment, "This is wrong," she says, "This is so wrong."

Austin plays referee. He tries to convince Sami to work with Kate. Kate tells Sami she has been impressed with her work at Austin's company. Austin reminds Sami Kate could outbid them. She drags Austin off and tells him they don't need Basic Black.

"What if Victor tries to horn in," asks Austin.

"We got Highstyle from him, didn't we," asks Sami.

Austin says, "If we are going to do this, we need help."

Sami whines, "Why her?"

"She is my mother," says Austin, "There are no strings attached." Sami protests as the doorbell rings.

Kate answers. EJ stands there. Kate says, "You look fabulous."

"I would have looked more fabulous," says EJ, "If I had known you would be here."

Kate invites EJ in. He tells the group they can thank Sami for convincing him to work with them. Austin drops the Basic Black bomb.

"That's huge," says EJ, "How did you do that?"

"I am the Executive VP of Basic Black," says Kate, "I suggest you tell me about the image you would like to project."

Sami sulks. Austin tries to bring her around. Sami doesn't respond so he plays the trump card, "This means we can be married sooner." BINGO! Hugs.

"In nine months," says Shawn, "we will know what it is like to hold our own child."

Mimi nods and thinks, "I am doing the right thing not telling him about Claire."

Belle tells Claire she loves her, "But you should have been Shawn's little girl. I dreamed about that when I was younger. Sometimes I still do."

Hope agrees to read the email, "But don't expect me to change my mind."

"It's a rough draft," says Bo, "Just know when you read it, I wrote it form my heart."

Bo leaves. Jennifer tells Hope Bo is trying so hard. Hope doesn’t know what to believe.

Jennifer says, "Read it, and hear what Bo is telling you and not Chelsea.

The brat sits dripping wet at Bo's computer, "There is no way I could let Hope read this the way it was." She hears Hope coming and rushes into the next room.

Hope reads, "OMG... Zack is gone and we have to move on. Our marriage is too important to throw away. If you insist on speaking out I will consider our marriage to be over. It's our marriage or your vengeance. Bo."

Hope nukes and storms out. Jennifer chases her. The brat says, "So long, Hope. I hate to see you run. You had it coming." The brat walks up to the computer and presses the delete key.

Hope rants, "How could he set me up like this? He has made his choice. Once again he has chosen his daughter over us. This is the last time. I have made my decision forever." FF.


Previews
========

EJ tells Shawn, "I know that Titan's made you and offer. I'll match it... and more. Name your price." Max shouts, "I knew it! You are trying to steal our engine!"

Lucas tells Sami, "You have a crush on him... You have a crush on EJ!"

Hope tells Jennifer, "I'll face down anyone and that includes Bo. God give me strength."

Billie tells Bo, "Chelsea's not the one to blame. I am."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! And, like Bulldig, the vision of Jr. crashing his tricycle through the school window is classic.

OK, I'm sick of this "day". It's lasted about three weeks now. Let's get to tomorrow and the trial. I know we don't have a prayer of actually getting to the point where Hope testifies for at least another week or two, but Please!

The big question - if we really get rid of Reilly, how much longer are we stuck with his insipid plotting? And, while they are at it, how about some writers who can actually write so we can cut down on the constant flashbacks filling in dead air space.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

You both bring up an interesting thought. What if there were Prevuze without those horrible DOOL writers? In other words, what if DOOL was actually a good show? There wouldn't be anything to make fun of. It would be just another drab recap of a good show. That wouldn't be any fun.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stress it. DOOL will never be a good show. It is a soap, there will always be something to make fun of!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee!! SO glad I found this site! Now I don't have to actually WATCH the dreck. (I'm just biding my time until Steve & Kayala come back and I don't want to miss any mentions)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs