Wednesday, June 07, 2006

You Blew It, Lady

Shawn and Max wrap things up with the car. Shawn says he has to get to the courthouse for his mom. Max will be there for Chelsea. They argue about the brat. Shawn the diplomat says, "You do what you gotta do, and I'll do what I gotta do."

Mimi comes in all dressed up and ready for the trial. Shawn is upset. She isn't supposed to go to the courthouse. Mimi knows this will be a tough day for Shawn. She wants to go to the courthouse and support him. Shawn says Lexie told them she has to take it easy. He doesn't want anything to happen to her or Little Zygote, who may or may not exist. But we love him... her... it. Mimi reluctantly agrees. She wonders what she should do while Shawn is at the courthouse. He tells her he has organized a distraction for her. The distraction walks in. Belle tells Mimi they will have a good day together.

Sami and EJ go to Kate's office. The secretary says she expects Kate any time, "In fact, she is late getting back already."

Late Kate sits in her car. Eve the corrupt cop approaches her. She has an offer Kate can't refuse.

Billie tells the brat to calm down. "I don't think that will be easy to do," says the brat, "I'm about to go on trial for my life, Mother. At least I know Dad will be on my side and Bo and Hope won't be getting back together."

Billie steps back, "Chelsea what did you do now?"

Frankie comes into Bo's office. He has news for Bo – about him and Hope.

Hope agonizes over what to wear to the trial. Jennifer tries to calm her down. Hope says she has to do this for Zack. Jennifer says, "Chelsea has to answer for what she did, but she is Bo's daughter and she could tear you and Bo apart forever. Is that something you are prepared to live with?"

Jennifer sits Hope down, "I know in your mind you already think it's over but you can work this out."

"I have to focus on the trial," says Hope, "Not this."

Jennifer holds one of Hope's dresses up and tells her to wear it. Hope flashes back to Zack giving it to her for Mother's day. "This is what Zack would want me to wear," says Hope, "I have to stay strong for my little boy."

Jennifer says, "You have to be strong before you can stay strong. Don't sit there and tell me Bo wants Billie."

Hope says, "Bo said if I testify it's over between us."

Jennifer says, "I don't think he meant that because I heard what he said to you. I know you don't want it to be over."

"No," says Hope, "After Everything, I still love him. And I miss having someone to push around."

"So you need to talk to him," says Jennifer. Hope stares.

Frankie tells Bo the divorce paperwork came in. It is ready for him and Hope to sign.

"I'm not going to sign anything," growls Bo, "Did she sign the papers?"

"Not yet."

"Can you stall for a while?"

"Are you kidding," says Frankie, "This is DOOL. I can drag it into the next decade."

"I appreciate that," says Bo, "Today I have to deal with Chelsea."

"I have some bad news on that front, too," says Frankie.

Billie asks again, "Chelsea, what did you do?"

The brat remembers doctoring Bo's email and hiding as Hope came down to read it, then deleting it. She says, "If Hope testifies, it will probably be the end of her and Bo. And me."

Billie assures her Frankie will do something to stop that.

Frankie comes up to them and says, "I wish that were true, but I don't think there is anything anyone can do."

"What if we pay you more," asks Billie.

"Just call me Perry Mason," says Frankie.

Eve tells Kate, "The video of Chelsea driving is the DA's entire case. I can get it for you."

Kate asks, "In exchange for what"

"I thought you'd never ask," says Eve.

Sami and EJ say they will wait in Kate's office. The secretary objects but Sami and EJ go in anyway. Sami feels there is something not right about this. EJ asks what she means, "Kate and I don't exactly get along. So it seems weird to me that she wants to work with me."

Sami rifles through papers on Kate's desk. EJ reminds her Kate might walk in at any moment. Sami says, "You're right. I don't want any more bad karma. I came up with a good deed 'to do' list – like Earl. Number one on that list is making sure Lexie Carver gets retested for breast cancer."

EJ wants to know what that is all about. Sami remembers her conscience telling her if Lexie dies it will be her fault, "It's just a good deed. I feel strongly she should get retested. I tried to talk to her but she misconstrued my intentions."

EJ leaves to make a call. Sami goes back to rifling through Kate's stuff.

Kate wants to know who put Eve up to this. Eve assures her no one else is involved, "Do we have a deal or don't we?"

"No," says Kate, "I don't want to go to jail." Eve gives her a phone number in case she changes her mind. Which we know she will.

Shawn tells Mimi he called Belle and asked her to take her shopping – retail therapy. Mimi protests. Her place is with Shawn. He pressures her to go. Mimi relents. They express their love and kiss as Belle watches and remembers giving Shawn a teddy bear to remind him of their love. Who needs the teddy bear with Belle butting in all the time?

Max walks in straightening his tie. He says he is headed to court to support Chelsea.

"She's gonna need all the support she can get," says Shawn.

Frankie tells the brat she got the hanging judge – Judge Lawler. Bo says "He's the toughest judge on the bench. He doesn't even give first time offenders a break."

Frankie says, "Chelsea, right now our best option is for you to change your plea to guilty."

The brat whines, "I am not going to jail and I will never plead guilty."

Prevuze

Hope is ready to go. Jennifer asks her to talk to Bo before the trial starts. Hope says, "I know what I need to do. Let's go."

At the courthouse Hope tells Jennifer she has decided to take her advice. She will try to salvage what is left of their marriage, "I will meet him halfway, but the rest is up to him."

Bo tells the brat he will tell the judge he is responsible. Still, she will be held accountable. She explodes, "So you're not going to help me!"

Mr. Toughlove says, "I will be there for you, but there will be consequences."

She falls into his arms just in time for Hope to come into the room and soak it in. "I am so scared," says the brat.

"Both your mom and I will be there for you," says Bo. Hope and Jennifer turn and walk out. Bo gives her some words of encouragement, and then says, "But you will most likely be punished." She freaks. Max walks in and the brat begs him to take her far away. Yes, Max, do us all a favor.

Hope tells Jennifer, "If there was any question about his loyalty we know the answer now."

Jennifer disagrees as Frankie comes up to talk to Hope. He tells her the divorce papers are ready to be signed. He advises her to take her time and think things over.

Shawn goes where no husband has gone before. He begs Mimi to go shopping with Belle. Mimi says she will go, "Promise you will call if you need me. Give your mom my best. I hope this gives her the closure she needs... What if Chelsea is found innocent?"

"Don't worry," says Shawn, "No one is going to stop her from getting what she deserves." Translation: She'll get off scott-free.

Kate comes back and finds Sami snooping. Sami wants to know why Kate is doing this. Kate says, "Because it's good business and I'm also doing it for Austin."

"Give me a break," says Sami, "When this takes off Austin and I will be able to get married. I know you don't want that. So why are you really doing this?"

Kate remembers EJ and Sami on the roof, "Certainly you must realize having EJ as a spokesperson will be a benefit to all of us. Certainly you see his appeal. I notice you two have become very chummy."

"You can stop right there," says Sami, "I love Austin."

EJ interrupts. Kate turns on the charm, "I am looking forward to a very seductive... uh, productive association with you."

Bo tells the brat she isn't going anywhere. DA Bettis walks in, hard as nails. She taunts Chelsea with the evidence, "If you aren't going to accept a plea bargain you will do some serious time."

Billie says, "It looks like Hope is getting exactly what she wants."

Frankie tries to get Hope to wait to sign. Hope doesn't want to put it off. She asks for a few minutes with Jennifer. Frankie goes to talk to the DA. Jennifer tells Hope she doesn't have to decide right now.

"I can't keep dragging this out," says Hope, "I don't know what to do. I was ready to give him another chance but then I saw him with Billie and Chelsea."

"This is such an emotional day," says Jennifer, "You can't make this decision. You and Bo can't do something everyone will regret for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Kate excuses herself to go get another file. Sami excuses herself and rushes out after Kate. EJ sits there wondering if there are any normal women in Salem. Sami watches as Kate gets a call from Chelsea. The brat begs Kate for help, "The video is all the evidence they need."

"I know a way to get you out of it," says Kate, "I can't explain right now, but do not plead guilty. I'll see you at the courthouse, OK?"

Kate tells Joelle she has an important phone call to make and does not want to be disturbed. She goes into her office and asks Sami and EJ to excuse her while she makes the call. They leave. EJ wonders what is wrong. "It's got to be more than I originally thought," says Sami.

Kate calls Eve and tells her to destroy the evidence. Eve tells her she is too late, "You blew it, lady, for all of us."

Frankie and the DA wrap up a conversation. The DA asks Bo for drug evidence from another case. Bo goes to get it as Max and Chelsea huddle.

Frankie comes back to Hope and pressures her for a decision after telling her to take her time.

Bo goes for the evidence. He tells the officer on duty to take a break while he searches for the evidence. Eve watches. Bo goes into the cage and Eve moves in.

Bo rummages around and leaves the cage. Eve stops the gate from closing and goes for the evidence. She can't find it.

Eve sees the evidence officer coming back down the steps and hides.

Max assures the brat it isn't over. Bo brings the DA the evidence from the Wheeler case. The DA leaves and Billie comes up to Bo, "This isn't looking good. And you know how crazy Chelsea can get when she is desperate."

"From what I've seen of her, she must be desperate all the time," says Bo.

Hope says she can't make the decision right now. Frankie believes they can work things out. Shawn comes in. Hope asks about Mimi. He tells her he didn't think it was a good idea for Mimi to come to the courthouse with him.

"You did the right thing," says Hope, "Your dad and I should have done that with Zack. We should have protected him."

Bo walks in. Cold stares all around.

Mimi and Belle shop. Mimi tells her, "Sometimes I think being married to Shawn is too good to be true." Belle assures her she and Shawn are married and soon will be bonded with a child.

Belle takes half the store's inventory into a dressing room. Mimi says to herself, "If only you knew..." She sees a magazine laying on a table turned to a page with horoscopes. She picks it up and reads, "With the moon trining Neptune it may be hard to tell what's what. Don't be afraid to examine your true feelings as you try to figure out what's real. A lie you told will come back to haunt you." Dumb-DA-dumb-dumb.

Kate apologizes but she has to get to the courthouse. Sami wonders where Kate's manners are. EJ understands. Sarcastic Sami says, "Oh, yes, we are all very concerned about Chelsea. We have to make sure she gets what she deserves."

"That isn't going to happen," says Kate.

Sami says, "Kate, you have to be so careful about bribing those judges. You'll wind up in a cell right next to your granddaughter."

"That sounds like a threat," says Kate.

"No," says Sami, "Just idle speculation." Sami thanks Kate for wasting their morning. EJ gives Kate his best wishes. She leaves and EJ says he has a surprise for Sami now that they have some time.

Belle comes out. Mimi is distracted. Belle asks, "Are you OK?"

"No," says Mimi, "I have a confession to make. I don't deserve to have Shawn's baby."

Bo starts to pour his heart out to Hope. He says what happened to Zack is his fault. Of course, Billie interrupts and tells him they have to take Chelsea down to the courtroom. "We'll talk later," says Bo.

Shawn tells Hope they have to go to the courtroom, too.

Max reassures the brat, "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The evidence officer delivers the video to DA Bettis as Evil Eve watches.

Jennifer asks Frankie about the brat's chances. Frankie says, "Once judge Lawler sees that video, things won't be good for her."

Billie tells Kate she thinks the brat must be up to something. Kate tells Billie to focus on Bo and Chelsea, "They both need you."

Bo comes up and asks Hope if she is OK. "That depends on you," says Hope, "A lot is riding on today. Not just for Chelsea but for us. This is your last chance. Again. Whose side are you on?" Pan in on the conflicted Beauregard.


Previews
========

Hope testifies, "I want her to learn from this horrific tragedy."

Bo testifies, "If someone needs to be punished and someone needs to go to prison, let it be me."

EJ asks Sami, "Why is it so important to you that Lexie retake the medical test?"

Jack gags, "It's you."

Mimi doubles over into the dreaded DOOL pregnancy knot, "OMG! Something is wrong! OMG! I'm so afraid I'm losing my baby!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can tromping around shopping all day be less strenous than sitting in a court room?

5:46 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Hope saying she can't keep dragging this out is speaking for every single viewer!

You're absolutely right, but what she is actually doing, which is dragging it out, is driving every viewer nuts.

Wake me up when we get to the final, final, final, final, final time it's really over between them.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Are you kidding," says Frankie, "This is DOOL. I can drag it into the next decade."

This would be funny if it weren't so painfully true!lol
Reading the daily horoscope to decided your future? You hit it dead on with the da dumb dumb dumb comment. Just when I think the show reached a new low it manages to outdo itself.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs