Friday, January 20, 2006

A Heapin' Helpin' Of Rehash

Jennifer looks out the window. She paces. She imagines kissing Frankie as he says goodbye and tells her he will always love her. She runs for the door. She opens it. Three guesses who is standing there.

Carrie doesn't understand, "You took my company."

Austin drones, "Highstyle was our takeover target. I had no idea that you..."

Nicole runs in, "Oh, there you are! Highstyle's employees have been pink slipped. I terminated the lease on the LA offices."

"Stop," says Austin.

Nicole looks around at the grim crowd, "Is there a problem."

"Highstyle was Carrie's company," says Sami.

"For real," asks Nicole, "Oops!"

Roman tells the cop he wants to talk to Billie before they book her. They both go into Roman's office. Billie tells him she just wants to make her statement and get it over with.

"Chelsea did it, Billie," says Roman.

The brat says to herself, "Oh, Zach, I am so sorry. But I can't go to jail.

Patrick comes in and finds her, "You better have a good explanation for what you've done."

"My God," says the brat, "You know?"

Hope stands at Zach's door. She goes in. She sobs.

Frankie and Jennifer have an uncomfortable moment. He forgot to give her the keys. She tells him to hold on to them in case he ever comes back. The cab honks. He suggests they can drop her off somewhere. Jennifer says she isn't going anywhere. Frankie wonders why she is carrying her coat.

"Actually," says Jennifer, "I was going to try to catch you before you left."

Nicole turns to Carrie, "You're the one who ran that company into the ground." Not very helpful, but oh, so true.

Carrie wails, "How could you do this Austin? You don't care about me. You never did."

Austin says, "That is so not true."

"When I think about how good I was feeling," she cries, "All that time you were scheming to destroy my company."

"I didn't know," he insists.

Lucas says, "Why don't you just admit it. You knew Carrie was the CEO." Thanks for sharing, Lucas. That was helpful.

Carrie says she gave Sami her business card. Sami claims she didn't look at it.

Carrie says to Austin, "Your trip to Los Angeles – you were scoping out my company. That's why you were there isn't it?" SLAP!

Nicole just can't resist, "No... We went there to go on Mr. Toad's wild ride. Of course that's why we went there!"

Billie asks, "Bo told you about Chelsea? He had no right."

"He not only had a right he had a duty."

Billie won't give up, "I say I was behind the wheel."

"Tanking the blame is noble but the truth will come out," says Roman, "And it will be a hell of a lot worse when it does."

Patrick says, "I know Billie says she ran over Zach. How can you let her take the blame for something she didn't do?"

The brat asks, "How do you know she didn't do it?"

Patrick says, "Tell me everything you know. Don't leave out a single detail."

Hope cries. Bo wants her to leave the room. She staggers over to Zach's desk. She turns on the light. Twinkle, twinkle little star plays. Hope drones, "Zach was so sweet and good..."

Bo begs, "Don't do this to yourself."

"No," says Hope, "I want to be close to him. I can't believe we left him at the hospital. He's never coming home, Bo. OMG. I know he's gone. I can't let him go. I want him back."

Bo says, "We're gonna make it through this, Fancy Face."

"How?"

"Zach would want us to," says Bo.

Frankie has the cab go and he comes in for another heapin' helpin' of rehash, "What do you want to talk to me about?"

"The same thing we've been talking about for days," says Jennifer, "We're very close to making it into the Guinness Book of World Records for beating a dead horse. When you said you were still in love with me, I feel bad about the way I reacted. Until you said the words..."

"...it wasn't real."

"Right," says Jennifer, "I'm sorry I lashed out at you. So thank you for opening up to me about Jack, and for being honest about your feelings. So now I think I need to be honest with you."

Frankie asks, "About what?"

Jennifer says, "My feelings for you."

Austin begs Carrie to believe him.

"If you had known would it have made a difference," asks Carrie.

"Of course," bellows Austin.

Lucas throws gasoline on the fire, "Are you saying you would have backed off and sacrificed your future?"

"I already know his answer," says Carrie, "This was all part of your plan. How could I have been so stupid? You just kept me busy while your partners chopped up my company."

Austin has a brilliant idea, "We'll undo it!" Well, brilliant for Austin, anyway.

Nicole says, "That would be a neat trick. There is no way to bring Highstyle back to life."

"Why," asks Austin, "Everything else on this show comes back to life."

Patrick grills Chelsea about the accident. Patrick says, "For some reason Billie is taking the fall. Why would she lie and say she killed an innocent little boy?"

"Chelsea has to accept the consequences of her actions," says Roman, "You can't keep this from coming out."

"I can sure as hell try," says Billie, "Chelsea has had a rough time. Her going to jail won't bring Zach back."

"No," says Roman, "But it will get the little snot out of our hair. What about Bo and Hope? Bo will tell her."

"He hasn't," says Billie.

"No," says Roman, "But he will. Their marriage is based on honesty. He will tell her. And we'll know exactly when it happens, too, because the poop that hits the fan afterwards will cover Salem."

"You have to stop him," says Billie, "Hope can never know the truth."

"Billie will pay for what she has done," says Hope, "She murdered my son."

Bo says, "Hope, his death was an accident."

"An accident," she cries, "You make it sound like he fell and skinned his knee. She took my son from me! Whenever I walk into this room or this house I'm gonna look for him. I'll never be able to hold him again. His bedtime stories all ended happily ever after. There is no 'happily ever after' for Zach, for you, for me..."

She lies on the bed. Bo picks her up and carries her out. Pan to the dinosaurs on Zach's table. Oh! The metaphor! Zach and the dinosaurs... extinct.

Jennifer says, "Over the years there were times I thought of you as more than a friend. I thought of how close we were. You were my first love. I never had those feelings when Jack and I were together, though."

Frankie says, "What you had with Jack was real. You always reconnected. You even had another child."

"A little boy who shares his daddy's name. Hopefully not his brain. Jack and I thought we would grow old together."

Frankie says, "When you lost what you had with Jack... you never will bet over that, because, for one thing, he'll keep coming back. You have to cherish what you had with him."

"OK," says Jennifer, "We were lucky for a little while. I cannot be unfaithful to the love we shared. But I don't want you to leave."

Austin talks to Nicole. Nicole says this can't be fixed, "Highstyle is kaput, over finished!"

Sami tells him they would have gone bankrupt if they didn't take over Highstyle.

Lucas fans the flames, "Did you even try to find out who the CEO was?"

"I swear," says Austin, "We tried."

"Why don't you just admit it," sneers Lucas, "You were going to take the company anyway. You didn't care who ran it!"

Carrie says to Austin, "I thought I knew who you were. Now I don't want to know you."

"I understand you are angry," says Austin.

"Angry," she yells, "I am beyond angry!"

"I told you, I wouldn't have done this if I knew you were the CEO," says Austin.

"Forget about me," she snaps, "Doing this to any company is cruel and ruthless."

Lucas stokes the fire, "You're only remorseful because you don't want to lose her. I knew you had changed, but this much? You've become a cold-blooded corporate raider. You just stabbed Carrie in the back and you keep twisting the knife."

"That is not who I am," says begs Austin, "I never meant to hurt you. Carrie, please..."

Carrie yells, "I am so disgusted with you. How could you do this to me? To anyone?"

"Why would Billie confess to something she didn't do," asks the brat, "She's not the martyr type. She wouldn't say she killed Zach unless she really did."

"There are too many holes in the story," says Patrick, "She uses a car service – why didn't she call them? If she was late for our date, why wouldn't she call me? Why would she borrow a car without permission? I understand you are upset."

"So what do you think is going on," asks the brat.

"Maybe Billie is covering up for someone," he says.

"Who do you think she's covering for?"

"I'm going to ask her," says Patrick, "I can read her pretty well. If she lies, I'll be able to tell." He leaves. The brat frets.

Roman tries to convince Billie. Billie says, "You and Bo are probably the most ethical guys on the force, which I realize is a real insult to the force, but Chelsea is Bo and my daughter. We don't want her to go to jail."

"I think you need to let a jury decide that," says Roman.

"Oh, come on," says Billie, "Given her record, they will throw the book at her. It will ruin her life!"

"I don't want you to go to prison for something you didn't do," says Roman.

"I can handle it," says Billie, "Chelsea can't. And there is something else. If Bo tells Hope the truth, she will never forgive him. Not to mention the fact that Bo is taking his time telling her. Their marriage will be over."

"They have been through a lot of rough times over the years," says Roman, "I admit this situation is more difficult, but one way or another Hope will find out. Their marriage doesn’t stand a chance in hell of surviving if Bo continues living a lie."

Hope doesn't understand how Billie could have hit Zach and not stopped. Bo doesn't know. He insists it was an accident.

"Don't you dare tell me it was an accident," yells Hope, "It was cold blooded murder. I hate her for taking our baby."

Jennifer insists she wants Frankie to stay, "Losing Jack was my greatest fear and he's not coming back, yet. I value our friendship. I will never be unfaithful to Jack, even though he is not here."

"Understood," says Frankie.

"Oh, goodie," says Jennifer, "Then you'll stay and be my eunuch? "

"As long as you want me," says Frankie the gelding.

Carrie just can't believe it. Her company meant the world to her. Austin says he will make it up to her. He doesn't know how, though.

Sami apologizes for her part in this. She says she was trying to talk them out of it all along. She was shocked to find out Carrie was the CEO, "What's worse is what it this is doing to you and Austin. You were getting close."

"I let my guard down," says Carrie, "I trusted you Austin, but I will never make that mistake again. This is what you have become and I was too blinded by love to see it." Lucas the pillar-of-strength comforts her.

Sami thinks, "Looks like Carrie has Lucas' shoulder to cry on. It's only a matter of time before Austin is mine."

The brat swears she will not go to jail, "Billie is making up for the lost years. I just have to pray everybody who knows the truth keeps their mouth shut, and that Patrick never finds out what happened."

The cops come in to Roman's office and take Billie out to book her. Patrick is waiting outside Roman's office. He tells her he knows she didn't do this. He tells her to get a lawyer before she says anything. She insists she is guilty. She just wants to get it over with.

"There is something more you aren't telling me," says Patrick.

"If you care about me you will drop this," says Billie, "There is nothing you can do. Don't be so sad. I'll be all right. I love you."

"I love you too," says Patrick.

Roman takes her down to book her, "I'm sorry, Billie, but I will get to the bottom of this."

Bo hugs Hope and tells her to let go of the anger. She says, "My son is gone forever."

I know, Fancy Face, but our son would want us to move on. We need to get our strength from each other. You haven't eaten in a long time. I'm going to go find us something. He turns and stares as he goes into the kitchen.

Hope cries and imagines Zach coming up and telling her he loves her. "Oh, Zach, I love you." Hope snaps back to reality. She cuddle's Zach's stuffed toy and says, "I love you Zach. I'll always love you, baby."


Previews
========

Patrick asks the brat, "Why is Billie taking the blame for Zach when you and I both know she is innocent?"

Kate says to Billie through the bars in her cell, "If you won't tell the truth, I will."

Bo says to Hope, "There's something I gotta tell you. Something you need to know."

Nicole says, "Your sorry ass is going to be out on the unemployment line." Sami says, "You don't even know what you are talking about."

Lucas asks Carrie, "The question is now that you've seen who he really is, can you give him up?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first comment exactly - Heapin' Helpin' of Rehash - ggrrrrrreat!

I got a laugh out of the observation that everything else in Salem comes back to life. Why not Highstyle? HAHAHA

There is no way a police commander would waste time with someone he KNEW wasn't guilty. There is no way he'd go ahead and let the person be booked. He/she would get tossed out on their butt (or maybe charged with obstruction of justice) and the long arm of the law would just go arrest the real guilty party. Talk about a stupid waste of time!!!! Aaaarrrrrghghgh.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

"Why," asks Austin, "Everything else on this show comes back to life."

"Zach and the dinosaurs...extinct"

OMG (Crying from laughing so hard) This was one of the best posts ever! The comments were beyond brilliant!
Great Prevuze today...(still crying)

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs