Friday, February 10, 2006

Happily-Ever-After-Land

Lexie comes into Abe's room. No Abe. She searches. She wonders. Tek comes in. Lexie protests. Tek says, "It's not that easy to let you go, Lex."

Abe tells officer Davis he is happy to have his help. "You have to get this to HQ ASAP."

Officer Davis says, "I can't. My orders are to watch Lois banks. In fact, I'd better get back there."

"Consider yourself relieved of duty," says Abe.

Officer Davis says Abe is on medical leave and he can't take orders from him. He asks, "Why don't you tell me what's really going on here?"

John prepares the potion for Lois. She wakes up and asks, "What the hell are you doing?"

Back at the penthouse, Alex insists he has to go. "The bathroom is upstairs," says Marlena.

"No," he says, "I meant I have to leave."

"I want to know what's happening," says Marlena.

"OK," says Alex, "I'll tell you. But you won't like it."

Bonnie tries to leave. Mimi won't let her. They argue about Shawn.

"Don't come crying to me when the wedding is off," says Bonnie, "You are about to make the biggest mistake ever. I'm not going to stay and watch."

Mimi says, "Mom, you're going to have a heart attack."

"My ticker is just fine," yells Bonnie, "I faked the chest pains." Mimi is shocked. Bonnie says, "I had to do something to keep your trap shut."

Bo and Patrick fight and smash Zack's picture. Bo apologizes to Hope. "Don't touch me," she says, "Get out of here."

The brat tells Billie she thinks they should go.

Hope says, "Chelsea is going to pay for what she did." Cold stares all around.

"Why am I surprised," asks Mimi, "I knew it all along. How did you fake the EKG?"

Bonnie says, "I fooled the heart monitor, Lexie, the nurses and you."

"Lying is wrong," says Mimi, "Isn't that what mothers are supposed to teach their children? I refuse to marry Shawn based on a lie."

Hope picks up the pieces of glass. She goes to Zack's coffin and apologizes for not protecting him, "Oh, God I wish I was with you."

Chelsea whines about killing Zack. Billie tries to tell her it was an accident. "There is no way I can make it up," says the brat, "They are going to put me in prison forever."

"There is only one way to make sure that doesn't happen," says Kate.

Abe reminds Davis he is still the commanding officer. He orders him to take the papers and threatens to call Roman to have him write Davis up for insubordination. Davis gives in and leaves. Abe stares.

Tek reminds Lexie, "Abe still can't make love to you. And I love you."

Abe comes into the room, "Is there something you want to tell me."

Alex says he wants to get Marlena a Valentine's Day gift. She relents, "But I'm coming with you."

John says he's there to stop Lois from hurting Marlena.

Lois asks what we all wonder, "What is it with that woman? It's going to be a wonderful Valentine's Day. I'm going to receive a nice gift." She flashes back to her heart-on-a-platter speech.

John wants to know what Alex is up to. Lois goes for his throat. He pulls his special Kung Fu ISA move and rams the hypo home. I hope he saved a little of that stuff for Mimi. John grits his teeth and says, "You're going to tell me everything you know about Alex North."

Hope, Shawn and Bo lead the group into the graveyard. Billie stops Chelsea and they stand back from the ceremony. Father Jansen asks God to welcome Zack to his heavenly kingdom. Hope cries. Bo cries. Everyone, in turn, places a rose on the casket.

Shawn steps up and says, "You were the best. Nothing will be the same without you."

Bo says, "I'm sorry, tiny man. I let you down. I shoulda protected you. I'll regret that for all the Days Of Our Lives. You'll never be out of my thoughts. I'll never stop loving you."

Hope says, "I can't say goodbye because you'll always be in my heart. I love you, baby. I've loved you from the day you were born and will love you until I take my last breath."

Billie asks if the brat wants to say goodbye. "I can't," she says, "Not after what Hope said. She's right. This was all my fault." The two rookie cops walk up behind them.

Tears and sorrow.

Lexie says Tek and she were wondering where Abe was. Abe asks for a minute alone with Lexie. Tek leaves. Lexie asks what John wanted with Abe. "He wants me to help get Marlena back," says Abe, "I know how he feels. I almost lost the woman I loved. I can't stop missing Isaac. Life is too short. I told John I will help him and Marlena be reunited."

Lexie says, "Really, what can you do? She chose Alex North."

"If Alex is the right man John will back off," says Abe. John Black? Back off? Abe must still be under the influence of his medication. Abe continues, "But if not, John and Marlena deserve to be together just like you and me." Tek watches as they hug.

Alex says Marlena can't come with him. The present won't be a surprise. "You love surprises," he says, "I know you don't remember that, but you really do love surprises. Let me do this."

Marlena says, "You're almost as exasperating as that show on TV, Days Of Our Lives."

He smooches her hand and begs. Marlena gives in and she says he can go. "I'll be back before you know it," says Alex. He waves as he runs out.

Marlena starts to clean up and sees the picture of John and her in the drawer. She flashes back to a Valentine's Day full of candles with John. She snaps out of it and stares.

Lois figures John has given her sodium pentathol. "Alex and I are going to be together," she says, "He wants you to think he loves Marlena, but soon she will be out of the picture permanently."

John asks, "What does he have planned?"

"Well," says Lois, "It is Valentine's Day. Did you ever hear of the St. Valentine's Day massacre? Alex has a surprise like that in store for Marlena."

John presses for details. Lois says even she doesn't know the details, but it won't be pretty. Alex comes to the door and watches.

Marlena is at the hospital. She sees someone standing at the nurses' station. "Alex," she asks, "What are you doing here?"

Bonnie says she doesn't want Mimi to blow it, "You have to play the 'C' card – Cinderella. She never let anything stop her."

Mimi says, "She had a fairy godmother."

"And you have a real mother," says Bonnie, "That's even better."

"Whatever," says Mimi, "Cinderella never lied to her prince, Mom."

"Cinderella had her secrets," says Bonnie, "Every woman has them. That's what men like about us. We keep them guessing. You love Shawn and he loves you. Do you know how rare that is? He has everything, looks, loot, and an IQ lower than Death Valley. That makes him prince charming and you Cinderella. Let him walk you down the aisle in Happily-Ever-After-Land."

The gravediggers come in. Hope tells Shawn she isn't ready to go. Shawn doesn't want to leave her there alone. She needs to stay, but convinces Shawn to leave. He gives Bo a dirty look on the way out. Hope follows suit.

Victor tells Kate not to do anything to take advantage of this.

"Whatever do you mean," asks Kate.

Victor growls, "You'd sell your soul to the devil to get Bo and Billie together. If you make this worse, I'll make you pay."

Patrick offers to give Billie and the brat a lift. Billie frosts over, "We're not your problem anymore Patrick, leave us alone."

Bo begs Hope, "Can you find it in your heart to forgive me? We should be together today."

Hope says, "I want to be alone with my son." Bo leaves. The workers fill in the grave as Hope cries.

Marlena apologizes for mistaking the guy at the nurses' station for someone else.

Alex sees Marlena and wonders what she is doing there. He also wonders what John is doing with Lois.

John grills Lois. He threatens to lock her away in a padded cell forever. "Alex loves me," says Lois, "He would never let that happen."

John tells her, "He has filled out the forms to move you to an institution permanently."

"You're wrong," says Lois, "We're going to kill Marlena and then we will be together forever."

"That shows how wrong you are," says John, "I will stop him before he lays a hand on Marlena."

Marlena is with Abe. He wanted to talk to her about John. "I know you still have amnesia," says Abe, "You think you know Alex, but it's possible you don't. All I'm trying to tell you is keep an open mind about him. He may not be the man you think he is. John is the kind of man you can count on. His love will never die, whether or not you stay with Alex. I know what it is to turn you back on love. I did that with Lexie. A great love like that comes along once in a lifetime. It's way too precious to lose."

Lexie tells Tek she is calling a halt to this, "Abe and I have shared a lot together. My future is with him. I am asking you to keep your distance."

Tek says, "This will gnaw at you and hit you like a hammer. He can't give you what you need and I can. Life is too short to be unhappy. Just think about it." He walks off. Lexie cries and wonders.

Marlena doesn't remember loving John, but she loves Alex and owes him for saving her life.

Abe asks, "Do you know how many times John has saved your life? As your friend I am advising you stay alert. You may wind up changing your mind."

Marlena says, "Alex is my husband. I can't believe he would betray me. Unless it's somehow proven to me, I'm staying with him."

Alex discovers a two-way mirror. He turns on the sound and watches as Lois says, "Alex and I will be together. First we have to erase Marlena."

"Over my dead body," sneers John.

"That could be arranged," says Alex.

Shawn gets back. He sees Bonnie packing. She says she doesn't want to overstay her welcome.

"Too late," says Shawn.

Mimi blurts out, "Shawn, there is something I want to ask you and I'm going to do it in front of the old crow... Do you still want to get married right away?"

"Yeah," says Shawn, "I do."

"OK," says Mimi, "Let's do it." And that tiny smoldering ember which provides the only source of light in Mimi's feeble brain slowly dies out.

They are there to arrest Chelsea. Bo comes in and Billie begs him to stop them. The rookies tell Bo they waited until the funeral was over out of respect for the family, but it's time to haul her in.

Bo asks, "Will you let me handle this?" The cops move aside. Bo faces the brat and says, "Chelsea Benson, you're under arrest for the death of Zack Brady. You have the right to remain silent..."

Hope cries at Zack's grave, "You shouldn't be here." A hand reaches down. Hope looks up. Patrick reaches out. Hope takes his hand. FF.


Previews
========

John tells Marlena, "Listen to me Alex has been plotting with Lois all along. They're in love and they're planning to kill you."

Alex says, "Desperate times – desperate measures."

Mimi flashes her ring to Phillip and Belle, "Look at the engagement ring Shawn gave me." Shawn says, "We're getting married as soon as possible." They smooch. Belle ain't happy.

Patrick and Hope are grieving on the couch. Bo storms in, "What the hell is going on here? Get your hands off of my wife!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures, as always, was a hoot! LOL at Victor's query - was this a funeral, brawl or one of Sami's weddings.

Also had to muffle a belly laugh at the observation that Shawn's IQ was 'lower than Death Valley'.

Gotta love that Prevuze!!!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's harsh. Hilarious, but harsh. It brings tears all right, but when I finally stop laughing, they will go away.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs