Thursday, February 09, 2006

BRATSLAP!

John visits Abe in his room. Abe tells him he's grateful for the second chance at sight, "It's all because of Zack. I couldn't believe it when I found out he was the one who helped me."

"And little Claire too," says John.

Abe says, "His first word was 'daddy.' He said it to me. When we had to give him back, we wanted to respect the fact that his family had lost time to make up for, but I wish I'd spent more time with him."

"He knew how much you loved him," says John.

"Today is his funeral and I can't even say goodbye," says Abe.

John says, "I wish I could have been there myself, but Marlena is there with Alex. Right now I'm the last person she wants to see."

Marlena and Alex are outside the church. Marlena asks, "Are you sure you're all right?"

Alex says, "I just got a little light headed. We should go back in."

"No," says Marlena, "You are still recovering. I should take you to the hospital and get you checked out."

"Oh," says Alex, "That's not necessary. Maybe if we go home, once I have you all to myself, I'll feel better."

"All righty, baby, home it is," says Marlena.

Lois defaces a picture of Marlena. We have no clue where she got it, but let's not be picky. "Come on, Alex, let's carry out our mission. It's time for Marlena to die so we can be together forever."

A guard looks in on her, checks his watch and goes for coffee. He leaves the keys in the door and posts a neon sign in the window which flashes, KEYS IN DOOR – KEYS IN DOOR. Lois goes over to the door and attempts to open it. What do you know, it opens right up. She fixes the bed to look like she is in it and runs out.

Bonnie boogies in the loft. She discovers Mimi's diary, "Hmmm... just one peek. What the heck?" Bonnie reads and stuffs her face.

Shawn tells Mimi how honest Zack was. Shawn likes honesty.

Kate overhears. She worries that Mimi will tell him. Victor says Shawn should know.

Bo leans forward and squeezes Hope's shoulder. Hope turns and sees the brat walk in.

Hope stands up and confronts her, "How dare you come here?" BRATSLAP! Billie pulls the brat away and tells Bo she tried to stop her from coming.

"You didn't try hard enough," sneers Hope.

Bo tells Hope the brat came to pay her respects.

Hope says, "I can't believe you're defending her after signing for her license and giving her your car so she could run him down."

Shawn overhears, "Am I hearing right? Chelsea is the one who killed Zack?"

He turns to the brat, "You killed my brother."

The brat whines, "I'm sorry."

Shawn says, "Get out before I throw you out."

Bonnie reads Mimi's diary, "My life is over. Rex finally found out. If I'd only told him the truth. I've lost everything that mattered to me."

"Poor baby," says Bonnie, "She was just following my advice. What if she gets hurt again? What if I'm forcing her to make the biggest mistake of her life?"

Shawn goes berserk, "You let your mother take the blame! How sick is that?"

Billie defends her. So does Bo. Shawn tells him, "You lied to all of us."

Hope piles on, "Your father is still defending her and Billie. It's clear whose side he's on. Not mine, yours or Zack's."

Shawn can't believe it, "How could you do it, Dad?"

Chelsea says it was just an accident. Billie defends the little snot, and then goes to get her some water.

Hope tells Shawn she didn't want him to find out like this.

"Dad lied to both of us," says Shawn. Hugs. "Now we know who really is important to him."

Bo says, "That's not how it is, son."

Outside the sanctuary, Patrick runs into Billie. She doesn't want anything to do with him. He can't believe Chelsea is there. Billie tells him about Hope smacking her. Patrick says she and Chelsea should get out of there. He goes in to check on Hope.

Inside, he asks how Hope is doing.

"Why did she have to come here," asks Hope.

Bo comes up and asks what Patrick is doing there.

Hope says, "He has every right to be here. If it weren't for him I'd never have found out what happened to Zack. I trust him a lot more than I trust you."

Marlena and Alex are back at the penthouse. Alex is sorry he had to leave the funeral. Marlena tells him not to apologize because it's John's fault. John put him in this condition, "I haven't shown you how grateful I am for what you did. I am so very grateful." Smooch. "I love you."

"And I love you too," says Alex, "You don't have to thank me. You are the most precious thing in the world. The next time we go to St. Luke's it will be to renew our vows. I know there are things you can't remember, so I want you to be absolutely ready before we do that."

"I have such deep feelings for you," says Marlena, "I am married to you and will be married to you for all the Days Of Our Lives." Kiss.

The phone rings. Marlena tells him to let the machine pick it up. She goes to change. Alex picks up. It's Lois. She tells him she snuck out to make a call. She needs to see him. He tells her to cool it. She refuses to go back to her room. She just wants to kill Marlena ASAP, "I want what you promised for Valentine's Day – Marlena's heart on a platter." She orders him to come to the hospital or she will tell John what he is up to.

Abe says, "Lexie would have liked to have gone to the funeral, but since she is the only doctor in Salem, she had to stay on duty. I took things out on her when I got back from the island."

John says Lexie never stopped loving him, "She never turned to other men."

"You're thinking about Marlena," says Abe, "She will realize you are the one she belongs with when she comes to her senses. Of course, if history is any indication, I wouldn't look for that to happen anytime soon."

John tells Abe his investigation on North hasn't turned up anything.

Abe says, "I've got some advice for you... A way to beat Alex North at his own game."

Bonnie decides one little lie won't ruin Mimi's life again, "What are the odds of it happening twice?" She tosses the diary aside and gets a pizza out of the oven, "Mimi will thank me when those Kiriakis trust funds kick in."

Mimi tries to calm Shawn down. He can't. He just found out his dad has been keeping secrets. He will never forgive him. He doesn't know how Hope will ever forgive him or deal with this. He pulls out one of last year's scripts and reads Rex' part, "Secrets and lies can be devastating to a relationship. Just promise me we will have no secrets."

Mimi reads her old part from the same script, "I promise. I love you so much. Tell me you'll never forget that."

He will never forget. He has to go back to Hope. He says she should go back and be with Bonnie. He tells her, "Get ready for the Justice of the Peace."

"You still want to," she asks.

"Yes," he says, "More than ever."

Shawn goes back inside. As he passes by, Caroline tells Victor, "I'm worried, too. I hate to see what this is doing to the two of them."

Victor asks, "You knew?"

"I warned Bo, be honest and tell the truth," she says.

Victor says, "I thought you were talking about something else – never mind."

"He never should have sided with Chelsea and Billie," says Caroline, "Lies are so wrong."

"Lies are always wrong," says Victor, "They can cause a lifetime of pain and regret."

Billie tells Kate she can't believe she talked Chelsea into showing up. She accuses her of trying to drive a wedge between Bo and Hope.

Kate thinks that wedge may already be there, "Billie, Hope can't stand the sight of Bo."

Bo tells Patrick, "Out of respect for our son and our loss, will you leave us alone?"

Patrick says to Hope, "Let me know if you need anything." He leaves.

"You had no right to treat him that way," says Hope.

"He had no right to get involved," says Bo.

"What," asks Hope, "You mean exposing your lies?"

"That's nor fair," says Bo.

Shawn butts in, "Chelsea may have been driving, but you killed Zack. Shawn doesn't like secrets and lies, but he's OK with hatred and vengeance.

John says, "Abe, I'm all ears." Well, we knew he wasn't all brain.

Abe tells him, "Roman and me are officers of the law, but you don't have the same limitations. Take advantage of your leeway as an ISA agent. You're trained to get to the truth."

"I understand," says John, "I know how to stop Alex in his tracks. I can't believe I didn't think of this before."

Alex tells Lois to go back to her room and he will be there as soon as he can. Lois says, "OK, I will get some sleep because the next time we are together, we will be up all night."

Marlena calls for Alex, but stops suddenly and remembers a Valentine's Day moment with John. He saved the best for last. Strawberries and whipped cream.

Alex asks if Marlena is all right. She snaps out of it and says she was daydreaming. He says he has to go out right now. He has something to take care of.

Marlena says, "I know what you are up to. And you're not getting away with it."

Bonnie gorges on pizza and beer. Mimi comes in, "OMG, Mom, are you kidding me?"

"I didn't expect you," says Bonnie.

"Apparently," says Mimi, "You are going to kill yourself."

"There is one way to make sure I get better," says Bonnie, "Just tell me when you and Shawn are getting hitched."

Mimi says, "After what Shawn said at the church it's probably never happening."

Bo tells Shawn, "I am responsible for Zack's death." Shawn says he wouldn't blame Hope if she never forgave him.

"This could destroy Bo's entire family," says Caroline

Victor says, "God forbid that should happen. Someone else might be all too ready to take advantage." Pan to Kate.

Billie tells the brat she shouldn't have come to the funeral. It is time for her to take responsibility. Chelsea pouts.

Bo runs into Patrick, "I asked you to leave and stay away from Hope. You're using this situation to get close to my wife."

Patrick says, "You're the one who betrayed her."

THAT DID IT! Bo grabs Patrick and flings him right into Zack's picture. The picture comes crashing down. It lies shattered on the floor. Oh, the metaphor! Poor Zack, mowed down and crushed again because of Bo's actions.

Marlena tells Alex she knows he's sneaking out to buy a Valentine's gift. She won't let him do it. He doesn't feel well. She is going to spend all day and night taking very good care of him.

"That sounds like heaven," says Alex, "But I rally am better. I will be back before you know it."

Marlena is stern, "Alex, I meant what I said. You're not going anywhere."

Looney Lois is back in her cage, "Oh, Alex, my love, I can't wait to be back in your arms very soon. At least it had better be. You'd better keep your word or I'll finish the job myself. Anyone who tries to take you away from me will die!"

Abe asks if John has the meds. John shows him his bag-o-pills. "No," says Abe, "The other meds."

John pulls a vial out of his jacket. "I have a healthy dose of truth serum courtesy of an old ISA pal."

"With any luck," says Abe, "Our friend Lois will be singing like a canary." Abe goes to take care of the guard. John will take care of the rest.

Abe asks officer Davis if he will deliver some papers to the station for him.

"No way," says the insubordinate little creep.

"Is there something wrong," asks Abe.

Officer Davis smiles, "It's just that I can't believe it you can see."

"Yes," says Abe, "The transplant worked. I need you to deliver this paperwork. It's all ready to go."

Abe and the guard leave and John goes in. He preps the hypo for the sleeping Lois. She opens her eyes and blinks.

Marlena serves tea as Alex remembers Lois' threat, "I need to go."

"You're not going anywhere," says Marlena, "until you tell me what's going on."

Mimi says this is exactly the way she lost Rex, "I am telling him as soon as he gets home."

"That would be a big mistake," says Bonnie, "The only way you are guaranteed not to lose him is if you lie. You should stop watching Dr. Phil. Husbands and wives lie to each other!" She can see Mimi is unimpressed, "Fine! You're on your own! I practically killed myself for you. If you want to say goodbye to your one chance for happiness and break my heart, then you tell him."

Hope picks up the pieces of Zack's picture, "Look what you've done! Get away from me! My son is dead because of you! Just get out." Pan in on the unhappy couple.


Previews
========

Lois asks John, "Did you ever hear of the St. Valentine's day massacre? Alex has a surprise like that in store for Marlena."

Marlena tells Abe, "Alex is my husband. I'm staying with him."

Bo the cop says, "Chelsea Benson, you're under arrest for the death of Zack Brady."

Hope cries at what is possibly Zack's grave, "...shouldn't be here." A hand reaches down. Hope looks up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo. The fourth side picture still isn't coming in for me. I guess it will have to be an afternoon pick-me up.

Yeah, if John "hadn't thought of it sooner", how come he had a syringe full of truth serum in his pocket? And....if you are totally psychotic and believe your delusions would truth serum even work on you??? I realize I keep trying to apply reason and logic to DAZED when that's hopeless. HAHAHAHA

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, the BRATSLAP picture popped up. A classic!!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs