Wednesday, December 21, 2005

This Isn't A Takeover, It's A Rescue Mission

Austin starts to call the Highstyle CEO but Nicole hangs up the phone. She thinks there shouldn't be a heads up for the CEO. She encourages him to sign the papers and forget the CEO. Austin calls anyway.

Becky answers. Austin tells her he wants to speak to the CEO.

Becky says, "She's not..."

"Is that for me," interrupts Carrie.

Becky cups her hand over the phone, "I thought you were through for the day."

"I am," says Carrie, "I'll get rid of whoever that is and get back to the party."

Carrie takes the phone. Austin booms, "Hello! This is Austin Reed!"

John spys, "The blinds are closed. What the hell are you up to North? Flashback to setting up the spy equipment. Flashback to Alex wanting to be there for Marlena. Flashback to, "I've lost her, Kate."

Back to reality, "If I don't do something soon, Alex will get closer to her."

Kate gets off the phone and tells John about Claire. "We just have to hope for a miracle," she says.

"We have to hope for two miracles," says John, "With any luck I'll have good news on one of those fronts soon."

Hope tells Bo he did the right thing. Bo thinks his relationship with Chelsea is in jeopardy. He heads back into the service to see how Jennifer is doing.

Jennifer paces in front of Jack's picture. Jack's picture stares. Frankie comforts. Jennifer decides to take all the flowers to the hospital. Frankie says he's going back to finish packing. He starts to leave as Bo and Hope come in. Bo offers to help with his packing. They leave, giving Hope and Jennifer a chance to rehash things. Hope says Jennifer needs to stop Frankie before it is too late.

John tells Kate he has the ISA checking into Alex' past again. He gets a message. "Another piece of the puzzle. This one will change the spin of the ball," says John.

Bo asks Frankie why he is leaving.

"Jen wants me to go."

I don't think she knows what she wants right now," says Bo, "Why don't you stay?"

"I love her, Bo"

Bo chuckles, "Well, Frankie, that's obvious."


"You don't think I want to stay," asks Frankie, "Why do you think it's never worked out for me and any other woman? I never got over her."

Bo says, "Then I gotta ask, why are you bailing?

Jennifer packs the flowers. Hope tells her she is avoiding talking about Frankie. Jennifer doesn't understand why everyone thinks she is so helpless, "Jack can't make me fall in love with someone else!"

Hope counsels, "Don't get ahead of yourself. Don't think about falling in love with him. He's your friend. What are you afraid of?" Hope pauses for a moment, "You're afraid because deep down you could have feelings for Frankie?"

Jennifer stares. Oh, the torment!

Meanwhile, back at Highstyle, we have a bad connection. Carrie tries another line. Austin scowls. Carrie gives up and heads back for the party. Becky toasts nothing in particular.

Nicole thinks the company is mismanaged if they can't even answer their own phones.

Austin still wants to talk to the CEO. He decides to call again. Becky answers but by now the booze has kicked in. She tells Austin he will have to leave a message and puts him on hold. Carrie comes back in. Becky pouts.

John has an email, which says the news will make him happy. It says the ISA agent will call and, right on cue, John's phone rings.

"Agent Nash," says John, "I got your email. Whataya got for me? Please tell me it's enough to nail North to the wall, because I've gotta get him outta my wife's life once and for all."

"I love her," says Frankie, "And I want to be there for her, but it's not up to me."

Bo urges, "Just talk to her."

"I can't force myself on her."

"There is a difference between force and persuasion," says Bo, "If you love her you can't walk out on her." Bo relates the tale of Princess Gina. He could not walk away from Hope.

"She wasn't in her right mind back then," says Frankie.

"That's par for the course in Salem," says Bo, "What about your promise to Jack."

"I told him I would do this only if Jen wanted me to," says Frankie.

"Her kids could use a father right now," says Bo, "You could do them a world of good. Love and family are the most important things to you. That's why you can't walk away from her."

Hope thinks Frankie could really help Jennifer, "I'm not saying date him or make a lifetime commitment. I think there is another reason you saw Jack's ghost the other night. You wanted him to tell you to send Frankie away but he didn't. I think you feel if Frankie stays you are being unfaithful to Jack's memory."

"I don't know where you get this stuff," says Jennifer, "I'm not kicking him out of my life. Oh – I don't know... I don't know what I am doing."

"Then ask him to stay."

Becky fumbles around. She sends Carrie back to the party. She picks up the phone again. Austin gives his name and number. Becky takes it down and hangs up.

The cleaning woman comes in. Becky asks her to clean up before Carrie gets back. The cleaning woman goes to work and, of course, the message gets scooped up.

"Dammit," says Austin, "I forgot to ask the CEO's name. She's supposed to call me back."

"How much do you want to bet she won't," says Nicole, "It's time to pull the trigger. You need to move now. We know Lucas is in LA and would love to get his hands on Highstyle."

Austin vows, "That isn't going to happen."

"You'd better act now," she urges, "You saw their financials. This isn't a takeover it's a rescue mission."

Carrie gives Becky her bonus. Becky thinks it is too much. Either Becky is totally drunk or the writers have just tossed all reality out the window. Becky gives Carrie her Christmas present – The Stones' Forty Licks album. Carrie asks about the message. Becky can't find it, "Oh," slurs Becky, "His name was something like Reece." She figures out the cleaning lady must have tossed it.

"Don't' worry he'll call back," says Carrie.

Carrie and Becky talk about what they will be doing for Christmas. Becky says her family celebration will be fine until her family starts badgering her about when she is getting married. So Becky decides to take it out on Carrie and badger her, "I think you can't decide which one of the two hunky brothers you want."

"You're wrong," says Carrie, "I have made that decision."

John repeats what he hears on the phone, "...Dr. Lois Banks, ...and she knew Marlena years ago. If this works out I owe you big time." He hangs up and tells Kate, "A woman is coming who knew Marlena back in the day."

The timing in Salem is incredible. There is a knock at the door. Whaddya know. It's none other than the aforementioned Dr. Lois Banks. John introduces Kate. Lois tells the tale. She knew Marlena very well. She also knew Alex. She is aware of Marlena's amnesia, John's history with her and all. John fills her in on what he knows about Alex.

Lois says, "It pains me she is putting her trust in him again. Alex is a brilliant mind but more suited to research than working with patients. He is incapable of real love. After they married he showed his true colors. I urge you to do whatever it takes to get her away from him!"

John asks, "Are you saying he is a dangerous man?"

Lois drops the bomb, "He's a classic Jekyl and Hyde type. He was an abusive husband. Marlena lived in fear of him."

Jennifer can't ask Frankie to stay. Hope pushes. "I just lost my husband," bawls Jennifer, "I'm entitled to grieve."

Hope says, "Just remember, Jack wanted him to be here for you."

"I think Frankie wants to stay because that's the kind of man he is," says Jennifer, "I don't want someone here comforting me. It's Christmas. I want to spend it alone with my children and my memories of Jack. Let's drop this please."

Bo works on Frankie as they approach the church, "You sure you wanna do this?"

"It's the only way," says Frankie. He goes inside to say goodbye. Bo and Hope leave to give Frankie some time alone with Jennifer.

"I hate goodbyes," says Frankie.

"Me too."

"I thought about going straight to the airport," he says, "But that would be the coward's way out. Instead, I've come here so we can keep beating this dead horse. You will be OK. I can see that. I'm sorry if I overstayed my welcome. If you need anything at all..."

Bo and Hope take Zach to see Santa at the Java Café and Santa Emporium.

Zach assures Santa he's been a good boy this year. Hope takes a picture as Zach whispers to Santa. "These are moments to hold onto for all the Days Of Our Lives," she says.

Nicole works on Austin to move on Highstyle, "If someone else took them over imagine what would happen to the employees."

That one got him, "I was smart to hire you. Give me the papers."

Carrie tells Becky she doesn't want to hurt Lucas. He's a nice guy and all but has the wrong idea. She announces, "I'm gong back to Salem for the holidays. I want to see Austin."

Becky screams, "Carrie! Alert the media! You just made a decision!" Giggles. Puke.

Austin signs the papers. Nicole pops the champagne, "To Austin Reed and Company. To you and me... a winning team. May our relationship flourish."

Austin says, "Our business relationship."

Austin wants to get back to Salem for Christmas. He leaves the room. Nicole says, "Christmas... Yes, but for the New Year, I'll have you all to myself."

Carrie makes her first New Year's resolution. She's going to let Austin know how she feels. She needs to move fast since Sami is after him, too.

Lois gives details. John asks if she is prepared to testify if necessary. Yes. He thanks her. She leaves.

He says to Kate, "I'm gettin' my wife back. How's that for a Christmas miracle?" Kate is oh so thrilled.

Hope continues to take pictures. "You can't have enough pictures of your kids – they grow up too fast. Look at Chelsea and Shawn." She pauses, "I'm sorry. We should ask Chelsea if she has any photos of herself when she was young." She probably has a few mug shots laying around.

"Good idea," says Bo. Zach comes back to them. They cherish the moment.

Frankie tells Jennifer, "I respect what you are doing even though..."

She interrupts, "Please. The best thing is for you to leave."

"I know," says Frankie, "The holidays are hard enough without me adding to it. I wish you and your kids nothing but the best in the New Year."

"OK. Thanks."

"I better – I better go."

Jennifer stammers, "Yeah... well... Merry Christmas, Frankie." He gives her a peck on the cheek and leaves. Jennifer sighs. The audience hurls. FF.


Previews
========


Roman says, "Damn it, John, we have to find her." John says, "I know exactly where he has taken her."

Belle prays, "Christmas is a time for miracles. God, just let me know my daughter is going to be all right."

Shawn reads the Christmas story to the kiddies.

Abby cries, "Why did Daddy have to leave us mom?" Jennifer sobs, "He is here." Jack or his ghost stands outside and turns away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was noting comments as I was reading, only to see, later on, the characters themselves actually made my points for me. Specifially....
- Becky is some crack assistant to a CEO - doesn't even screen callers, ask their name or why they are calling.
- Austin is some crack businessman - doesn't even find out the name of the CEO he's calling.
- Bope is some crack couple - pushing Frankie on Jen while she's still at the funeral home, cleaning up after her husband's memorial service. Give her an hour or two to grieve for pete's sake!!

Loved the pictures. But, the biggest laugh I got was after one of the characters went into flashback mode and then Prevuze said, "Back to reality." Reality? Prevuze you have such a droll sense of humor. HAHAHAHAHAHA

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs