Thursday, December 22, 2005

Signs and Surprises

Los Angeles skyline. Sami wraps gifts. Austin comes out wanting to get to the airport. He tells her he has a lot on his mind – Carrie.

Carrie asks Lucas if she can hitch a ride back on the Titan jet. Lucas is enthusiastic. He'll show her a Christmas she'll never forget.

Carrie doesn't want to give Lucas the wrong idea, "I wanna go back to Salem because I wanna be with Austin."

"With Austin," he asks.

"I'm sorry," says Carrie.

"No," says Lucas, "That's great. I just think you're making a big mistake. But if you ever change your mind, I'm always there for Austin's hand-me-downs."

Bo kisses Hope, "Merry Christmas and happy anniversary." He has a surprise for her later, and makes Zach promise not to tell what it is.

Abby asks Jennifer why Frankie left. Jennifer tells her she asked him to leave. Abby can't believe it, "First we lose Dad and then Frankie. How could you just throw him out on Christmas?"

"GONE," yells John as he runs through the penthouse, "I searched the whole place."

"John," says Kate, "Take it easy."

"Kate," he says, "You heard Dr. Banks. The man is sicker than we thought."

Mimi asks Bonnie what is up with the wild Christmas outfit. She's working the Christmas party at the hospital, "It's good PR for Alice's." She tells Mimi to forget her suspicions about Shawn being Claire's father.

Shawn comes out and announces there is more bad news about Claire.

Lexie tells Phillip and Belle Claire needs a liver transplant.

"How long does she have," asks Phillip. Lexie stares.

Phillip asks Lexie again. Lexie doesn't know, "Chances for finding a donor aren't good but that could change. I will check in when I know something." I guess we won't be hearing from Lexie for a while.

Lexie leaves. Belle tells Claire to hang in there. Pan in on the angel above her bed.

"HE HAS ABDUCTED HER," yells John, "She wouldn't go willingly when her granddaughter is in the hospital. I'm callin' every police and ISA contact I know."

Bo and Hope have dressed Zack as Santa. Hope pulls his beard over his face. Now they're ready to go in. "Christmas without Jack will be so hard," says Hope.

Abby tells Jennifer she thinks she really does want Frankie here, "You're just too stubborn."

Bo and Hope burst in. Santa Zach wishes everyone a merry Christmas.

Abby asks about Chelsea. Bo fills her in, "She'll come to the party with Max later."

Jennifer announces they aren't going to the Horton Christmas party this year. Group stare.

Sami tells Austin to stop thinking about Carrie. "I know I should," says Austin, "but I feel like I'm going insane. I thought I saw her on the Jumbotron at the concert."

"You have to think about something good," says Sami, "Like Christmas." She hands him a present.

"You didn't have to."

"I just wanted to do something nice," says Sami. Austin opens it. It's a picture of Austin and Sami. Sami says, "I just wanted to remind you of the fun times we've had. I hope there are more fun times."

Lucas cautions Carrie about getting back with Austin. She knows she'll have to explain about her and Mike sooner or later and she has to see if maybe there is a chance for her and Austin.

"I guess it's worth a try," He agrees to take her back on the plane.

"Your friendship means everything," says Carrie, "It always will." Hug. Platonic, of course.

Hope talks to Jennifer. She thinks it would do Abby and Jack Junior a lot of good to go to the party.

Jennifer asks, "What happens when I get there and fall apart?"

"You won't," Hope assures her, "You will get through it. Jack will be there to help you. Please go."

Jennifer says, "I already said I would volunteer at St. Luke's."

"I will do it," says Hope, "I insist."

"All right," says Jennifer, "I'll go."

Abby overhears. They all agree to go. Pan in on Jack's picture as they leave. His eye twinkles.

John is determined to find Marlena and Alex tonight. The doorbell rings. Roman. He asks, "Are you sure Marlena's in danger?"

"I dug up more info on Dr. North. He's a violent man," says the guy who flies off the handle at the drop of a hat.

"I put out an APB," says Roman, "We're searching everywhere."

Kate leaves to check on Claire. John tells her not to say anything to Belle about her mother. Roman sends his best for Claire. "Why, thank you, Roman," says Kate.

Kate stands at the elevator, "Claire has to pull through. And no matter what happens, Phillip can never find out Shawn is her father."

Phillip tells Shawn and Mimi Belle went to St. Luke's to pray. Shawn offers to have a web designer friend build a website about Claire. He heads off on his mission.

Mimi offers any help she can give Phillip. Phillip sees Lexie and asks if there are any matches. Lexie stares.

Belle gives God an earful, "Why are you doing this to my baby? If you want to punish me, I'm here. Don't punish her. She's never hurt anyone. Please, I'm begging you. Let her live and I will never ask for anything again, I swear."

Hope sees Belle praying. Belle tells her about Claire needing a liver, "We really need God to help us right now. I just wish he would send me a sign." Back to the altar, "Christmas is a time for miracles. God, just let me know my daughter is going to be all right."

The Horton party begins. Julie displays Chelsea's new ornament. "Thanks," says Bo, "She'll love this. She'll be here later."

Abby thinks, "Unless she and Max are having too much fun."

Jennifer tells Mickey she is hanging in there. Someone watches from the window.

Lexie tells Phillip, "There is nothing new, but don't give up hope."

Kate comes up to Phillip. She hugs him, "I can't believe this is happening."

Shawn says his friend is working on the site. Bonnie thinks Shawn's idea is wonderful, "That baby is lucky to have you guys as Godparents."

Sami and Austin rush into the hospital. Sami goes to look for Belle. Austin talks to Phillip and Kate. Kate thinks the best thing they can do is pray for a Christmas miracle.

Belle asks, "Hope – are you seeing what I am seeing.?" The candles flutter. "Maybe that's the sign. Do you believe it?"

"I left the door open when I came in," says Hope, "It might just be a draft. But it doesn’t mean God won't send us a sign."

"I just hope it happens soon," says Belle, "She doesn’t have much time."

Jennifer picks up Jack's picture. Maggie asks if she and Abby would like to hang the ornaments for everyone who couldn't be there. Jennifer starts the huge job... Addie... Marie... Tom... Bill... Laura... on and on. The tree collapses under the weight.

Lucas tells Carrie he has to be there for the reading of the Christmas story since he is on the board.

"It's strange being back here where Mike worked," says Carrie, "But it's over now. I have to move on and tell Austin I still have feelings for him."

Sami pumps up the kids as Santa walks in.

While the kids giggle around Santa, Sami thinks, "I know exactly what I want for Christmas. I want Austin. And luckily Carrie is so far away I have a chance with him."

Hope comes into the Horton party. Bo tells him Shawn is at the hospital. Chelsea isn't there yet, "She's holding up the whole process." They have Zach hang his ornament.

The bulbs go on. Time passes. Jennifer stares. Bo and hope kiss. Abby tells Jennifer she knows how much she misses Jack as someone watches from the window.

Kate welcomes Lucas home, "If Phillip loses his daughter it will destroy him. How did it go with that girl you told me about?"

"Not good," says Lucas, "She's interested in someone else."

"Well," says Kate, "you just have to go after her. Deep down all I ever wanted was your happiness. I have to call John. Think about what I said."

Lucas thinks, "Just one problem, one of your sons is going to get his heart broken."

Lexie asks Shawn to read the Christmas story to the children. Shawn agrees. He will dedicate the reading to Claire. Belle and Phillip listen.

Sami runs into Lucas.

"Have a good time in LA," he asks.

"Yes," says Sami, "Austin and I had a good time. I'm surprised you tore yourself away from that slut."

"First of all," says Lucas, "She isn't a slut. She's here with me. You'll find out soon enough who she is. You're in for a big shock."

Carrie stands in the background and stares at Sami.

John tells Roman about Alex' abuse. Roman says, "Damn it, John, we have to find her." John says, "I know exactly where he has taken her."

Maggie and Mickey hang their bulbs. Doug and Julie. Pan in on Tom and Alice.

"You know," says Mickey, "the Horton's certainly have an incredible family. Certifiably insane, but incredible."

"And I'm happy this year to be with the man I love," says Maggie. Jennifer stares.

Carrie stares. Flashback to Sami saying she and Carrie "don't get along because of the man I am with tonight."

Carrie runs off. She can't face Sami right now.

Sami puts on her Santa hat, "Maybe I'll find Austin under the mistletoe."

Bo and Hope arrive at the hospital. "My heart goes out to Belle and Phillip," says Hope.

"We have to pray they find a donor," says Bo.

Shawn is on center stage. He hesitates as he looks at the baby Jesus in the manger. Shawn opens the Bible to the Christmas Story. He stares for a moment and says, "Whoa! There are some BIG WORDS in here." He sets the Bible aside and picks up an old standard. He begins to read.

"T-Was the night before Chr-ist-i-mas,
And all thr-ooo the house,
Not a cree- cree- cr-"

The ghost of Tom Horton comes up behind him and whispers, "Sound it out, Shawn boy."

Shawn stares at the page. He sets the book down, picks up another one and reads.

"See Santa.
See Santa laugh.
Laugh Santa laugh."


Bonnie holds up a glittered star on a stick, "And this is the star of Bethlehem." She tells the story of the star.

Belle gasps, "That's it! That's the sign I've been praying for. She's going to live." God needs to work on his signs.

"I think you're right," says Phillip, "She's going to be OK."

"I pray Belle is right and there will be a miracle," says Hope. They haul the kids off for presents and cookies.

Lucas looks for Carrie. He sees a woman standing in a Santa hat, walks over to her, turns her around and plants a big one on her. Sami! SUR-PRISE, SUR-PRISE!

Austin and Carrie stand outside. He says to no one in particular, "It's a beautiful city. I'm glad to be back."

Carrie turns, "So am I. Merry Christmas, Austin." SUR-PRISE, SUR-PRISE!

So now that we have the police forces in ten states and the entire ISA out beating the bushes for Alex, John has come up with a GPS which can track Alex' car. He looks at the device and says, "They're headed for the cabin!"

Pan through bulbs on the tree. Jennifer hangs her bulb. And Jack's.

Abby cries, "Why did Daddy have to leave us Mom?" Jennifer sobs, "He is here." Jack watches from the window. He turns and walks away.

A figure comes to the front door and reaches to open it.

Pan in on the manger. Alice puts the Baby Jesus in place. Get out the hankies, folks. Alice ponders Tom's picture. She faces the camera, "To those we love near and far, may the blessings of this day be with you now, and for all the days of your lives."


Previews
========

Jennifer tells Maggie and Abby, "I feel like Jack is somewhere nearby. I feel like he could walk in at any moment." A hand reaches for the door.

Shawn says, "I couldn't love her more if she was my own." Belle says, "I know." Shawn says, "She could have been if things had worked out differently."

Carrie tells Sami, "Mike and I aren't together any more." Austin and lucas stare.

An alarm goes off in the cabin as Alex picks up an axe. Marlena cowers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the pictures and Belle's miraculous "vow of silence". It would be even more miraculous if it had been a vow of non-whining.

Actually, the entire Prevuze was chock-full of LOL moments. Great, great read and much better than slogging through the actual show!

This looks like it is leading up to what has to be one of the most absurd Salem Christmas miracle stories yet. Oh, for the good old days when a possessed Marlena blew up the town's Christmas tree or when the town teens went ice skating on Christmas Eve dressed only in strapless prom dresses. HAHAHA

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs