Monday, August 08, 2005

Lucas And Sami A La Mode

Phillip struggles and yells for Belle. He gets into his wheel chair.

Belle and Shawn make out. Belle stops him, “We can’t do this. It’s not right.”

Shawn asks, “Would you rather be downstairs with Phillip, or here with me?” You could have stopped me when I kissed you, but you didn’t.”

Belle says, “Yes, I love you. All I want is to be with you.”

Shawn asks, “Are you gonna finally tell him the truth?”

Sami and Lucas break the bed. Sami says, “There is an important difference between the last time we broke the bed and now. This time, the wicked witch won’t interrupt us.” Poor Sami, she might just as well have her foot surgically implanted in her mouth.

“Congratulations, Sami,” says Lucas, “You just killed the mood.” Lucas stomps off.

Kate stands outside Marlena’s room and thinks, “I hope you’re enjoying all the attention, Marlena. Roman, our marriage is falling apart and all you can think about is Marlena. I’ve already lost Lucas and I won’t lose Roman!”

Marlena is touchy. John asks which Roman she remembers. Marlena stares at the Gallery of Romans and remembers a scene with Alex/Roman, “I remember you, Dr. North. I remember the wonderful times we had.”

Sami backpedals. Lucas wants to know why Sami even brought up the subject of Kate. He doesn’t ever want to forgive Kate, “but it hurts.”

Lucas starts to leave. Sami asks, “Where are you going? We were having such a good time.”

Lucas walks out, “Until you ruined it.”

Kate remembers Roman talking about love being trust. Roman tells her they are finished. Back to reality. Kate thinks, “Maybe it was a mistake coming here. Maybe I should give him some time.”

John/Roman and Chris/Roman wonder how Marlena could remember Alex/Roman.

Dr. North thinks there is a logical explanation. He wants time to talk to Marlena alone. John/Roman objects, but Marlena says, “I want to be alone with Alex.”

John/Roman’s eyebrow moves up about a foot, “Alex?”

Alex/Roman says, “I encouraged Marlena to use my first name. It helps to break down barriers.”

John/Roman asks her why she wants them to leave. She says they confuse her.

Alex/Roman offers to get off the case. Marlena objects, “I want you. Right now, you’re the only person I trust.”

John/Roman tells him “Obviously, she trusts you. Please continue.” Chris/Roman and John/Roman leave.

Alex/Roman comforts Marlena, “Hey, hey, hey. Just relax. Catch your breath. It’s all right.” She thanks him and takes his hand.

Outside the room, Roman says he doesn’t see how Marlena can remember Dr. North.

John snaps at him, “I’d like it if you’d just stay the hell away from her.”

Roman sees Kate, “What the hell are you doing here?”

Phillip finds Mimi outside. He asks about Belle. Mimi hasn’t seen her and doesn’t care about her now that she has ruined her life. Phillip defends Rex. Mimi says, “Yes, I should have told Rex about the baby just like Belle should tell you what’s going on.”

Phillip asks her, “You’re trying to tell me there’s something going on between Belle and Shawn I don't already know about?” Poor guy. Belle’s cluelessness is rubbing off on him.

Belle tells Shawn, “I let you kiss me, and I kissed you because I’m weak.”

“It was right,” says Shawn, “Because we love each other.”

“Nothing’s ever going to be the way we planned,” says Belle, “Not ever.”

Kate scoffs.

John tells Roman Kate is here because she is Marlena’s friend. He tells Kate about the ‘interesting development’ with Dr. North.

Roman asks, “How is that possible?”

“Maybe they crossed paths in med school,” says Kate.

Roman tells Kate she doesn’t need to stick around to hear how this comes out, “Why don’t you tell John what you did to Sami, his wife’s daughter, your husband’s daughter.”

Kate tries to put the brakes on it, “Not now, Roman.”

Roman won’t have it, “You admitted you have no remorse.” He turns to John and asks, “You know how Sami claimed Kate drugged her and set her up?”

“She’s not still sticking to that ridiculous story, is she,” asks John.

“Kate admitted to all of that, and more,” says Roman.

Dr. North tells Marlena it’s his job to see to it that she feels comfortable and safe, “Do you know why you remembered me?”

“No.”

“Well I do,” says Dr. North, “And I’d be happy to tell you where those memories came from.”

Sami cries and asks herself why she did that. Lucas comes back. He says, “I don’t want to talk about that. I want to talk about Will and I and our future together.”

He has brought her ice cream. That’s what she likes after they make love. She keeps that little tradition up and they’ll break the bed a few more times. She asks if he is in the mood again. They hop back into bed.

Mimi says, “Phillip, Shawn still has feelings for Belle.”

Phillip says, “I know that. It was meant to be for me to be with Belle. It’s probably more difficult for Shawn now that we are going to have a baby.”

Mimi tells him, “Belle will make a great mom and you will make a great dad.”

Phillip says, “I thought she went up to the roof for air. Can you help me up there, Meems.”

“I can’t believe you’re going to give up on us,” says Shawn.

“We’re not going to be together,” insists Belle, “It’s over. I’m leaving. After tonight, I think it’s better if we don't see each other again.”

Mimi thinks, “If Belle is on the roof with Shawn, and Phillip finds them, Belle could wind up with Shawn and I can’t let that happen. I don’t want Belle to be happy. OMG! she’s turning into Jan. Mimi tells Phillip she can’t help him.

Phillip says, “I know you’re upset about Rex. Come on and hang out with me. I’m a good listener.”

“OK,” says Mimi, I’ll stay awhile, but I don’t want to see your wife.”

Shawn and Belle argue. Belle tells him, “Every time I’m alone with you, I feel like I’m betraying Phillip.”

Shawn says, “We haven’t done anything wrong. Do you remember when we carved our initials here? I thought we would be together forever.”

“We were young and naïve,” says Belle.

Shawn reminds her, “You told me you were going to tell Phillip the truth as soon as he was feeling better, and was strong enough to take it.”

Belle says, “That was before I found out I was pregnant. We can’t ignore the fact that it’s Phillip's baby. Nothing in our lives will ever be the same again, except for our conversations, which haven’t changed in months.”

Sami tells Lucas he is amazing. Now she wants the ice cream. Lucas agrees, “We did generate some serious heat.”

Lucas prepares the feast as Sami giggles, “I can’t believe it,” says Sami, “We are going to have our happy ending. I can’t believe you put so much whipped cream on this ice cream. I love you so much. I never stopped loving you.”

“I love you too,” says Lucas. Kiss. They eat.

“I don't' believe it, Kate,” says John.

“You can believe it,” says Roman, “Sami got her hands on some very incriminating tapes of conversations between Eugenia Willins and Kate.”

“I can explain,” says Kate.

“There is no excuse for what you did,” says Roman.

“I’m not so sure,” says John, “What Kate did was extreme, but you weren't around to see what Sami put us though when we thought you were dead. Kate tried to make things right with Sami and Sami wouldn’t have it. Sami's always trying to manipulate you and Marlena to get together. Don’t let Sami come between you and Kate. I’m not saying Kate is blameless, but she loves her children and wants to protect them”

Roman says, “Lucas is a man, not a child. And he loves Sami. I can’t believe you’re defending her.”

John says, “All I’m saying is try to figure out where she is coming from. All she got from Sami was hate and distrust.”

“Hate and distrust for a good reason,” says Roman, “Kate sabotaged everything Sami tried. And I understand you weren’t very helpful while Doc and I were gone. Maybe there is a reason why Marlena didn’t tell you about her and me or that she was pregnant. Down deep, she may have had doubts about her and you.”

Dr. North tells Marlena, “You’re projecting me into your suppressed memories of John or Roman or both. Right now I am the only one who is not claiming to be in love with you. It seems to me your love for these two men is the root of all your troubles.”

Phillip says, “I just think it’s a shame, Meems. You and Belle have been friends forever.”

Mimi says, “After Belle spilled the beans about Rex and me I gave her an out, but she didn’t take it. I can’t forgive her. I can’t forgive her just like Shawn will not forgive you.”

Phillip says, “So I guess you and Shawn are kind of in the same position. You are very good friends living in the same apartment. You had a major crush on him in high school. I remember you actually begging him to go to a dance in high school.” Flashback to begging Mimi.

Mimi asks, “Why did you have to remind me of that?”

Phillip says, “The best lovers start out as friends. Back in high school I would never have thought I would wind up with Belle.”

Shawn can’t believe Belle would stay in a loveless marriage. I can’t believe we’re going through this again.

Belle says, “This is not about me or what I want. I don't want my baby growing up and going back and forth between two homes. Phillip and I both believe a child should grow up with both his parents together.”

Shawn observes, “Plenty of kids grow up in split families.”

“That’s not what either of us wants, “Says Belle, “Shawn, we’ve both talked about our responsibilities, but I have a greater responsibility to the baby.”

“It doesn't have to be that way,” says Shawn, “Not when you don't love the baby’s father.”

“I do love him,” insists Belle, “But this isn’t about us anymore. It’s about the baby. That’s all that matters.”

Sami and Lucas finish the ice cream. They start working off the calories. Lucas gets another urge for whipped cream.

Sami tells him, “You’d better not be thinking what I think you’re thinking.”

Lucas says, “I think I’m thinking the same thing you’re thinking.” Lucas and Sami a la mode.

“What are you getting at,” asks John.

Roman says “Maybe you should be with Kate, the way you are defending her. You share the same feelings about Sami.”

“This isn’t about Kate or me or Sami, is it,” says John, “This is about you wanting to be with my wife.”

Dr. North shuts the door, “Your two husbands are fighting over you. Although I must say you are a woman who is worth fighting for.”

Roman says, “Kate, I understand you not liking Sami but I don't understand why you would deliberately go out of your way to destroy her life after I asked you to protect her. When I look at you now, Kate, I almost feel sick. Sick that I ever loved or trusted you.”

John jumps in, “You’re saying things you don’t mean. Kate is right. You need to talk.”

John leaves. “How dare you,” says Kate, “Maybe you don't want to be married to me any more, but you had no right to offer me up to John like property.”

Roman says, “I thought you would appreciate me clearing the way for you.”

“You’re using Sami to get out of this marriage,” says Kate, “You should at least wait until Marlena gets back her memory. That way you can find out which one of you she is in love with.”

John confronts Dr. North, “Why did Marlena remember you and not me or Roman?”

Phillip tells Mimi, “Down the road something could develop between Shawn and you.” He reminds Mimi of her first real kiss in Paris.

“Me and Shawn,” says Mimi, “That could never happen in a million years.”

“Yeah,” says Phillip, “Tell me why not.”

Shawn won’t accept things, but Belle has made up her mind. Belle knows, “In time we’ll be able to put each other’s memories behind us and move on and be happy.”

“You’re wrong,” says Shawn, “I will never forget you.”

“You have to,” says Belle, “Goodbye Shawn.”

He grabs her hand, “Just wait. I will always love you. That’ll never change.”

“I have to go.”

Their tender touch melts away to reveal their initials carved on the door. S & B, Simpleton & Brainless.


Previews
========

John asks, “So what do you suggest we do?” Dr. North says, “I think the only thing that’ll benefit Marlena right now is to leave Salem.

“Why are you blushing Meems,” asks Phillip. “Stop it,” says Mimi. Phillip asks, “Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?”

Bo is on the phone with Billie, “Hope has been kidnapped by DiMera. I need your help to find him.”

Tony fondles his pistol, “And since Hope is already here... I should kill her first.” Victor, Caroline and Bart watch in the background.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We predicted how the writers would have John react to the news about Kate's horrible deed. Anything to keep stirring the pot. Too bad Marlena is in this stupid amnesia story. I'd love to see her take Kate apart at the seams!

And, Belle's cluelessness rubbing off on Phil - sad but oh so true.

I thought I saw a car parked up by the fence during the Brickyard race. I'm glad Prevuze included the Bizarre News Event story that explained it. HAHAHAHAHAHA

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bed breaking picture is the best.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much to say in response. You said it all. If Mimi would have told the truth long ago none of this would have happened and she would be with Rex.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs