Monday, July 25, 2005

Win One For The Gipper

It’s the big party at Alice’s. Patrick and Billie dance. Maggie comes in. Bonnie wants to know what she is doing there. Maggie says, “Mickey’s credit card company called. You are so busted!”

Jack, Jennifer, Frankie. Jack is in rare form. Jack wants to know, “What is Chelsea doing here dancing with Patrick? And what is Billie doing dancing with your brother?”

Rex paces on the roof. Mimi comes out. She wants to explain. “There is nothing to explain,” says Rex, “You had an abortion without telling me. That’s what you and Jan were fighting about. Dammit, Mimi if you had just been honest Jan wouldn’t be in a coma and our baby would still be alive.”

Phillip ‘splains to Lucas what happened with Marlena.

Marlena wants to know who everyone is. “Why are you all staring at me? Stop touching me. Doctor, who are all these people?”

Lexie says, “They love you and care about you.”

“We don’t want to upset you, Marlena,” says John

“Who is Marlena,” asks Marlena.

Belle says she won’t tell Phillip until he comes back from the war. Or until he’s recovered enough to take it. I can’t keep it straight.

The nurse comes in and says Belle will be happy to hear the news.

“What news,” asks Belle.

“You don't have an ulcer, Belle, you’re pregnant!”

Rex agonizes. Mimi tells him why she lied to him, “Every time I brought it up, you would say how it wasn’t the right time to start a family.”

Rex says, “I was speaking hypothetically. I would have changed if I would have known.”

Mimi shouts, “How was I supposed to know that? I didn’t want to be the one responsible for ruining everything.”

“Well guess what. Now you are,” Says Rex.

Sami makes introductions.

John shuts her up, “Your name is Marlena Evans-Craig-Brady-Black. You are my wife.”

Marlena asks Lexie to have everyone leave.

“I am pregnant with Phillip’s baby,” asks Belle. No, with his full-grown adult.

“We’ll still be together,” says Shawn. Yeah, and you can tell Phillip just as soon as the kid is ready for college.

Phillip wheels in, “The nurse says you have important news.”

“Yes, I do,” says Belle. Phillip stares.

Yyyeeehhhaaaa... Bonnie tells Maggie she just bought a few things. Maggie reels off a litany of things Bonnie bought. Bonnie breaks down in tears. Maggie fans herself.

Jack says to Frankie, “It looks like your brother and Billie are here on a date.”

“They are,” says Abby. She tells Jack about Chelsea wanting to win the car. She was going to come to the contest with Max, so Patrick brought Chelsea and Billie brought Max.

Frankie thinks they are dong the right thing, “My little brother is nothing but trouble, especially when it comes to impressionable young women.”

“Being so close to you is making it really hard to concentrate on dancing,” says Max

“Does that line really work for you,” asks Billie.

Chelsea tells Patrick, “Max is coming on to Billie like Mrs. Robinson.” I guess that makes Patrick Mr. Robinson. Patrick doesn't want to catch Chelsea with Max again.

“Are you saying that because you are jealous,” asks Chelsea.

Bonnie says, “Listen Red...”

“Don’t call me that,” says Maggie.

“OK,” says Bonnie, “Listen, gray with a henna rinse, I have a dance contest to run.”

Bonnie sashays off. She announces the dance contest. First prize is the car. When the audience picks the couple, Bonnie will decide which half of the couple gets to keep the car.

Max wants Billie to have the car. “Why,” asks Billie, “So I’ll owe you something?”

Trick Pony plays. Twang. Bar tender hit me one more time. Unless you are a big country music fan, this is a great zapping opportunity.

Jack has a spell during the dance.

Rex obsesses. Cries. Lectures. “I don't' know how I’m ever going to be able to trust you ever again.”

Phillip tells Belle about the amnesia, “Your dad hopes if she sees you her memory will come back.”

“Well then,” says Belle, “lets’ go.”

Belle bumps into John. Sami comes in and tells Lucas about the amnesia. Lexie lets them go back into Marlena’s room.

Kate grabs Shawn and holds him back, “Not so fast. Family only.” Let him in. Isn't everyone in Salem related one way or another?

Belle says, “Mom, it’s me, Belle, your daughter. You know me right?”

Marlena says, “I’m sorry, I don’t seem to know you.”

Twang.

The group tells Jack to sit. He claims it’s just a stitch in his side. He tries to get Jennifer and Frankie to go out and finish the contest. Billie says she will stay with Jack.

“What am I going to do with you,” asks Jennifer.

“Win,” says Jack. As Jennifer and Frankie go back to the dance floor, Jack yells, “Win one for the Gipper!”

Max wants to dance with Abby. “OK,” she says, “but if we win we give the car to Chelsea.” Oh, right. Any typical teen would want to give a car she just won to a friend, I'm sure.

Frankie asks if Jack is OK, “He wouldn’t keep something from you would he?”

“Oh no,” says Jennifer.

“I promise I will keep checking into it,” says Frankie.

Billie says, “You’re not good, Jack, you’re pale, you’re not breathing well. I think you need to get yourself checked out.”

“I’m dying says Jack, “and I don’t have much time left.” Billie stares.

Rex drones on.

Mimi says, "Everyone kept saying I had to tell you..."

Rex asks, “Everyone? Who knew about the this?”

Mimi reels off the names, “Mom and Patrick. Tec. Dr Evans. Shawn. The Salem Tabernacle Choir.”

Rex asks, “How could you tell all those people and not me.”

Mimi says, “I thought you would hate me.”

Rex says, “I don’t hate you, it just hurts because you kept it from me. That’s why you can’t have children, isn’t it? All I wanted to do was marry you, have a family and grow old with you.”

Mimi says, “We can still do all those things, Rex.”

“I don't see how,” says Rex, “Not after you betrayed everything our relationship was based on.”

Marlena doesn’t know anyone.

John says, “Relax, Doc. Try to stay calm.”

Marlena asks, “Are you talking to the doctor or me?”

John says, “I was speaking to you. You are a psychiatrist.”

“Tell me who you are,” says Marlena, “And tell me how this happened. John gives Marlena her bio. He introduces Belle, but not Sami. So Sami takes it upon herself to bust in.

Sami introduces Roman. Marlena gets confused. She turns to John, “I thought you were my husband.” You haven’t heard the half of it, Doc.

Sami tries to hug Marlena. Doc reels.

Everyone leaves.

John asks Lexie,
“What brought this on?

Lexie gives the rundown, “Right now we let her rest and give her body a time to heal itself.”

“How long can this go on,” asks John.

At least through sweeps,” says Lexie, “I’ll have her moved to a private room. Excuse me.”

John. Roman. Staredown. “Not now,” growls Roman.

“No,” grits John, “Not now. SOON.”

Sami blames Kate. Kate tells her, “You’ve got it all wrong, Sami.”

Sami says, “You did everything you could to come between them. Just like you set me up, so you could ruin my chance at happiness...”

Lucas breaks it up, “Sami, stop it! That’s enough!” Slap him upside the head, Sami.

Jack lays it all out for Billie. Billie says he has to get another opinion.

“No,” says Jack, “Lexie sent the tests all over the country and they all came back and said, “Dead Man Walking.”

“Jennifer must be devastated,” says Billie.

“She doesn’t know,” Says Jack.

“You need to tell your family,” says Billie.

Jack says, “In the long run it won’t change anything. They just got me back. Please don’t tell anyone.”

Twang. Heartache. Bonnie circulates.

Billie promises she won't tell, “What’s your plan?”

Jack says, “Frankie Brady will replace me.”

“You’re crazy,” says Billie, “You can’t just order up a romance.”

“Just look at them,” says Jack.

‘This is insane,” says Billie.

Jack says, “Is it insane for a man to want to protect his family? Look at them. Why did Frankie never get married? Because he still has a thing for Jennifer.”

Billie says, “You would go ballistic if Patrick...”

“I have to make sure Jennifer does not fall into his hands,” says Jack.

Jennifer and Frankie, Max and Abby are eliminated. Max claims it’s because Abby wouldn't let him hold her close enough.

Jack says, “That’s my girl! No contact until you are married at 35.”

Patrick and Chelsea twirl.

Two couples remain. A couple of nobodies and Patrick/Chelsea. The audience chooses our guys. Max yells “FIX... Patrick is your son.”

Bonnie claims it isn’t a fix, “So the car goes to Chelsea. Round of drinks on the house!”

Chelsea is ecstatic.

Max says, “I want to show you how to handle the stick.”

Patrick comes up, “Leave her alone, Brady, or you will answer to me.”

Maggie tells Bonnie she will pay for everything, including the car she just gave away.

Bonnie yells, “I’ll sue for breach of contract.”

“This isn’t over, Lockhart,” says Maggie.

Jack drags everyone out to dance. Billie and Jack. Jennifer and Frankie.

“See what I mean,” asks Jack, “They make a great looking couple.”

Patrick is going to show Chelsea how do drive a stick. She kisses him.

Rex rants, “You were going to spend 20 years in prison instead of telling me? What does that say?”

Mimi asks, “If I had told you, would you have forgiven me?”

Rex says, “You never were going to tell me were you?”

“Every choice I have made has been a mistake,” says Mimi, “I don't' know what to say.”

“There is nothing else to say,” Says Rex.

Mimi says, “I only lied because I love you. We’ll talk more once the shock has worn off.”

“No we won’t,” Rex whimpers, “It’s over, Mimi, I’m leaving Salem. I’m going to take that job in Chicago. I really did love you.” He runs off.

Mimi runs after him, “NOOOOOOOOO!”

Kate tells Sami, “Someone should lock you up in padded room and throw away the key.”

Lucas tells Kate he will handle this. He turns to Sami, “You need to start taking responsibility for your actions, Sami, and so do your parents.”

Lucas leaves. Sami says, “I’m going to wipe that smug smirk off your face, bitch.”

John and Roman seethe. Roman tells him he’s being ridiculous. “It’s not ridiculous. You slept with my wife,” says John.

“Well,” says Roman, “I guess now you know how it feels.”

Phillip and Belle smooch as Shawn watches.

Kate says, “Something’s going on between Shawn and Belle, and I need to put a stop to it once and for all.” FF on conniving Kate.


Previews
========

Lucas asks Sami, “When are you going to get it through your head my mom is not the monster you believe she is?” Sami says, “She didn’t want my mom to have that baby. She admitted it.”

John and Roman go a few rounds. Kate referees.

Shawn asks, “Rex left Salem?” Mimi says, “Thanks to your girlfriend. She’s ruined two more lives.”

Phillip says, “Why don’t you just go ahead and say it?” Belle whines, “Phillip, I’m still...” Phillip goes wide-eyed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo Bulldog's comment about "now you know how it feels". HAHAHAHA

Rex can sure turn his emotions on a dime. He found out he was a Brady and almost immediately turned his back on the only person who took the Space Twins in and gave them a home - Tony. He finds out his girlfriend lied to him and now he's going to run out of town, leaving behind his just-resurected-from-the-dead twin sister and father. Good thing he didn't have a baby!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs