Thursday, July 28, 2005

Brain Mojo

Chloe sleeps. Brady kisses her. She wakes up. He says, “Good morning, beautiful.”

Chloe says, “I was just having the most amazing dream and I wake up and you’re here. It wasn’t a dream.” Smooch. Giggle. She sits up and sees the scars. Oh, the discouragement.

“Chloe,” says Brady, “you have your meeting today with Dr. Travis. Before you know it you will be as perfect to yourself as you are to me. I promise.”

Nicole cries in her cosmopolitan, “I can’t put a hit out on Chloe. Brady would suspect me immediately. How can he stand kissing her with her face like that? Just the thought of him making love to her makes me want to hurl. Help me, cosmo. Get my brain mojo working.”

Sami walks in. “Henderson,” yells Nicole, “Get her out of here.”

Sami says, “I wanna get Lucas back, Nicole, and to do that I have to hang Kate from the nearest tree. Are you up for it?”

Roman is on the phone checking on Marlena, “I’ll be down there soon. Is John there? Thanks, Lexie.”

Kate says, “This is kind of like being married to a junkie. You are addicted to Marlena. You don't' sleep in my bed, and first thing the next morning, you’re checking on her.”

Roman says, “I’d be doing the same thing for you.”

Kate snaps, “I’m your wife! She doesn’t need you but you need her.”

“If you keep making a big issue of this, our marriage isn’t going to last very long,” says Roman.

Mimi sighs. Mimi cries. Shawn comes out, grabs a roll of paper towel and gives it to her. She chuckles and thanks him. Shawn says he couldn’t sleep last night himself. I am living a nightmare with Belle pregnant with Phillip's baby.


Mimi says, “In one day, she ruined both our lives.”

Shawn defends her. Mimi says, “Please don’t defend her to me. She only thinks about her husband. She wants everything. Men in love don't see clearly. I’m a woman. I know. She probably got pregnant on purpose. Now that she’s going to have a little Kiriakis prince or princess, she doesn’t give a damn if she breaks your heart.”

Phillip tips the delivery boy. Belle comes in and wants to know what’s going on. “That was David from Chez Rouge. I ordered almond croissants, strawberries with crème fresh and some kind of chocolate thing.” He’s lucky Belle doesn’t just barf right there in front of him.

“Technically,” says Phillip, “this is our honeymoon. I don’t ever remember being this happy. We’re a family now. Would you like a strawberry?”

Belle practically upchucks, “I’m sorry Phillip. I can’t do this.”

Shawn tells Mimi, “Belle is probably sick over what happened.”

Mimi saw the caterer, “Phillip is pulling out all the stops for his pregnant bride.” What a cad.

Shawn says he is going over there to stop this travesty. Mimi tells him to stay put.

Phillip gorges as Belle says she’s sorry. Phillip says if he could be sick instead of her he would, “Not to bring up such a downer, but something Mimi said to you last night stuck in my mind. She looked at you like she hated you. then said ‘paybacks are a bitch.’ Do you know what she meant?”

Kate says, “You don’t pull punches do you? Now you want out of the marriage.”

“Listen, Kate,” says Roman, “I made a huge mistake not telling you. I regret that. Please understand. We were under extreme duress. We didn’t plan it. We needed somebody. So we turned to each other. And to be honest, there is a history there.”

Kate says, “Now every time I see the two of you together... Just drop the white night thing. Are you still in love with Marlena?”

Sami wants Nicole to help her find evidence.

Nicole asks, “Why do you want to get together with Lucas? I was married to him and I don't see what the big attraction is... Oh, all right.”

Sami grabs Nicole’s drink and tosses it out the window, “I have already broken into Eugenia's and didn’t find anything.”

Nicole says, “I won’t help you unless you help me get Brady back. And that means getting rid of Chloe.”

“How am I supposed to do that,” asks Sami.

Chloe never wants to leave this place. Brady says she is the girl he fell in love with. Brady wants to stay there in bed all day, but Chloe has to go to her appointment with Dr. Travis and this just happens to be the one day out of the year Brady actually has to go to work, “I can’t wait to marry you. Trust in our love, OK?”

Chloe says, “I'll try.” Oh, what a trooper.

Brady says, “I’m going to take a shower. You can join me and we’ll soap up and drive each other crazy.”

After Brady leaves, Chloe says, “If my scars can’t be healed, I can’t marry you, Brady. No matter how much you love me I can’t marry you looking like this.”

Nicole says she won’t help Sami unless Sami helps her.

“What can I do you can’t do for yourself,” asks Sami.

“I need Brady back,” says Nicole.

Perfect timing, Brady walks in, “Like that’s never going to happen.” He sees the drink in Nicole’s hand, “Started early, I see.” Sami scurries behind a drape.

Nicole says, “Brady, I love you.”

Brady says, “The feeling is not mutual.”

“I guess the only way to get you to pay attention to me is to cut my face,” says Nicole.

“Get out,” says Brady.

Nicole reminds him, “This is my house.”

Brady says, “Good old granddad is coming home and when he does this will be his house, and you will be on the street.”

Roman says he didn’t intend to leave Kate on her honeymoon night.

“But,” says Kate, “making love to Marlena was of your own free will.”

Roman says, “I didn’t tell you the truth when I got home. I was afraid... you were engaged. I wasn’t sure you wanted to be my wife. And I’m still not sure. Doc is probably insecure about this too. She might think John still loves you, and that’s why she didn’t tell him right away.” Kate spins around.

Belle flashes back to her “paybacks” conversation with Mimi. Apparently Mimi didn’t follow through. Belle says Mimi is upset about Rex and not thinking rationally right now. Mimi had a rational thought once but, fortunately, it didn’t last.

“It’s gotta be rough,” says Phillip, “I’m guessing she’s jealous of you too. She can’t get pregnant and you’re having a baby. She just lost the man she loves and you’re having breakfast with me.”

Belle says, “I’m just afraid of losing Mimi as a friend.”

“Give her a little time and she’ll realize you’re the best friend she can have,” says Phillip.

Mimi tries to stop Shawn from going over.

“What am I supposed to do,” asks Brainiac, “Phillip is over there seducing the woman I love.”

“Shawn, wake up, you have lost Belle. It’s over,” says Mimi.

Chloe asks Dr. Travis if she should go ahead with the surgery. He’s going to run more tests and then will have a better idea of how serious the skin condition is. With the arrogance only a doctor can muster he says, “You’re lucky that your young man found me. If your scars can be erased, I’m the doctor who can do it.”

“He wants to marry me,” whines Chloe.

The miracle worker asks, “Aren't young women in love supposed to be happy about that?”

Chloe says, “I know you will do your best, but with each surgery I look worse than before. At least you’re offering me some hope. My future and Brady’s are in your hands.”

Brady tells Nicole, “The Titan board voted to remove you immediately. You’re out of a job. But you’ll be OK. There are plenty of men out there who don't know you are a liar and tramp. I grew up with Sami as a stepsister. You’d think I'd know an evil bitch when I saw one. And then there’s that nurse who fouled up Chloe’s surgery. How far would you go to keep Chloe away from me? That nurse was you, wasn’t it?” He walks out. Nicole stares and flashes back to her nurse caper.

Brady comes back, “Oh, by the way, I hired a private investigator to find that nurse, and if it turns out to be you, you will wish you were never born.”

“I can’t believe you can’t see how this will turn out,” says Meems.

Shawn insists, “Belle will leave Phillip when the time is right.”

“What,” she asks, “When Phillip dies of old age.” Hey, she’s catching on.

“No,” says Shawn, “When his rehab is done.”

Mimi says, “I’d pay a million bucks to see that. It will never happen. When did you have this little chat? Was it before she was pregnant?”

Shawn says, “Sooner or later she will tell him and they will get an annulment.”

Mimi says, “An annulment? She’s pregnant with his baby! A baby changes everything.”

Belle whines, “I can’t imagine not being friends with Mimi any more.”

Phillip says, “I’m going to do my best to distract you from this. We are having a baby. We are going to have the best baby of all time. Come over here. I have a surprise for you. He hands her a present. This is the first of many presents I’m going to give you until we have our beautiful baby boy.”

“Or girl,” says Belle.

She opens it, Awwwwww, “A baby book. It’s so sweet.” Belle goes through it, “Baby’s birthday, the happiest of all the Days Of Out Lives.”

Phillip says, “Honey, I know what’s going on here. I know what’s wrong.” Belle stares.

“What about you and John,” asks Roman, “You were engaged.”

Kate yells, “How dare you accuse me! We were working our way through grief.”

Roman asks, “Did you get that little tip out of a book... Cope with your grief by shacking up with one of your best friends... Come on. You were about to marry one of the richest men in the country. Now you’re back to being a cop’s wife. Bummer, huh?” Yeah, especially since the cop is you.

“No,” says Kate, “The question is not about my feelings for John. The question is, and always has been, can you get over your love for Marlena?”

Doc Travis comes back in the office. He sees Chloe reading a bride’s magazine and says, “I’d choose a classic-style dress.” Actually, I think he’d look a little pudgy in it.

“Dr Travis,” whines Chloe, “do you think I will look like one of these brides?”

He says, “It’s not a slam-dunk. I just went over the instant test results. It’s complicated. If you’re up for it, so am I. They tell me you’re a singer. What do you sing, Rock. Jazz, or do you just constantly sing the blues about your scars?

“Opera,” says Chloe.

Doc Travis says, “My daughter was a dancer. Ballet. What’s it going to be, Chloe? Do you need more time or should we schedule the procedure.”

Nicole tells Brady, “I couldn't have pulled off posing as a nurse.”

“Nicole,” says Brady, “you would do anything to get what you want. If you are responsible for this you will pay for it.”

He leaves. Sami comes out of hiding, “Nicole, what do you see in that jerk, anyway.” Uh-oh, she might have heard that ‘evil bitch’ remark.

Nicole says, “Do you see why I can’t let Brady know I was that nurse? But you were the one who gave me the idea.”

“No, I didn’t. Stan did.”

“You’re up to you neck in it, too,” says Nicole.

Sami tells her, “Nobody knows I was Stan and no one would believe it.”

“Kate would believe it,” says Nicole, “And if she would, Lucas would. So you have to do what I want.”

“No, Nicole,” says Sami, “You have to do what I want. OK, we have the goods on each other. All right. We do my agenda first.” Nicole pours another drink.

Sami says, “I need you to think not drink.

Nicole says, “I do some of my best thinking this way. And I just came up with a hell of an idea.” Slurp...

“Nicole, that was a brilliant plan,” says Sami, “It gets the job done. Kate will get what she deserves and I will get Lucas back.”

“Stop before I barf,” says Nicole, “OK, equal time. What’s the plan to get Brady back?”

Sami says, “There is no plan that will get Brady back. He will love Chloe until the day he dies. Get out of town while you have the chance.”

Nicole says, “I am going to get Brady back and you are going to help me, OK? Get with the plan, Stan.” Yeah, Sami’s thinking, “Crawl back in your hole, Nicole.”

“OK,” says Sami, “First we get the proof.” She guides Nicole out, bumping into walls and furniture.

Brady and Chloe get back to the cabin, “Tell me what happened with Dr. Travis,” says Brady.

Chloe says, “The test results weren’t what he hoped for. But he’s willing to do the surgery. He said there are no guarantees. Oh, yeah, and he’s a cross-dresser.”

“With surgery,” says Brady, “there are always risks.”

Chloe says, “I will make up my mind soon. But I have made a decision about something else.” She takes his hands, “I have a question to ask you. Brady Black, no matter what happens, with or without the surgery, will you marry me?” Brady kisses her. We'll take that as a
yes.

“Kate,” says Roman, “Are you ever going to forgive me?”

Kate says, “Getting another woman pregnant... that’s hard to forget.”

Roman says, “I didn’t say anything about forgetting.”

“I don’t know,” says Kate, “I need time.”

“Kate,” says Roman, “time is not the healer. Love is the only thing that can do that. I love you but somehow I get the feeling you will never believe me.”

“Marlena lost her baby,” says Kate, “but all of use may lose our marriages.”

Mimi says, “It’s all about being perfect with Belle. A perfect wife doesn’t leave her husband when she’ pregnant.”

Shawn says, “Belle and I are going to be together.” He goes into his room and slams the door.

Phillip tells Belle, “I know what has you down, sweetheart. Here we are about to have this baby and your mom just lost hers. It’s going to take a few months but eventually your parents will be able to spoil their grandkid just like my mom and Roman. It will all be perfect.”

Shawn bangs the wall. Belle contemplates. In a dramatic triple scene, Mimi says, “You made me suffer, Belle. I’m going to make sure you suffer too.”


Previews
========

“What’s wrong with the navigation system,” asks Bo. “We’ve got something bigger to deal with,” says Hope. She holds up the PDA.

Roman tells Marlena, “You and I have a very long history.” Marlena says, “But I am married to another man. Do I love him or do I still love you.” John contemplates and drinks coffee.

Belle tells Shawn, “Phillip is my life now – Phillip and my baby. We can never be together.” Shawn says, “You can’t mean that.”

“Damn you Belle,” says Mimi, “I’m going to make you pay.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bottom pictures were worth the two day wait! I told you it would be the DROOL SMACKDOWN event of the year. HAHAHAHA

Besides the Brady, "working one day a year" comment, I also got a kick out of Pard's lament that he and Kate's marriage might not last long.

Let's see, he was "killed" about 20 minutes after the wedding ceremony and has only been back in town 2-3 weeks. If you don't count the year and a half they were married but he was "dead", that IS a pretty short marriage.

Note to Sami - take your frikkin' hidden tape recorder to Eugenia's and goad her into gloating some more about how she and Kate ruined your life. Oh no, sorry, then the writers couldn't drag this out until the next sweeps!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boohoo

wont one or more of you really nice and cool fellow doolers tape the show for me while i move from lauderdale to portland? thats sorta a drive. thats a number of shows. oh boohoo!

i havent watched my tapes now for awhile, mimi's ulcer must be bigger than ever. i did (dayum) walk in the other room stupidly the other day in time to hear rex exclaim to meem's - how could you have told everyone else but not me?? i thought oh dang! then someone sed ya but what if it's a dream sequence and i was like always turning rapidly and walking away with fingers in ears reciting rapidly and not quietly but not quite yelling (we don't want the funny farm men with that warm jacket to come do we???) SAFE PLACE! SAFE PLACE! SAFE PLACE! over and over til out of bad dool talking persons earshot.

so, wont one of you please, adopt a kid like me, no i mean, please tape the show starting oh say this tuesday August 2nd 2005 until oh lets say three weeks:D?
hellbent here would of course reimburse you, thank you, even trade tapes of past eps i may have since oh say 040904:D gosh darn i really wish i had started like at least at the basic black fashion show, when beau and hope got layed out cold right up on stage, Oops, lites went out, then quite literally their's too:D or maybe a bit b4 that

ok, b b when i get settled out there, by salem;) and also of course when i get to watching my backlogs of tapes
i tell ya, take a monbth off, tape however and watch like a huge endless choking batch, you a) get to be pretty good witht he remote zapping commercials, and b) start walking around talking like various characters etc, OH really Marlena!

i dont think so!!

excellent, dool on

hellbent@dool

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps; please:P?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs