Monday, August 01, 2005

Sami's Excellent Sewer Adventure

Brady and Chloe stare into the mirror, “I thought you had made up your mind about the surgery says Brady.” Wretch. Not this again!

“I thought I had too,” says Chloe, ”But we are taking about my face. Dr. Travis can’t make guarantees.”

“Everything in life has a risk,” says Brady.

“These scars are bad enough,” she whines, “what if it gets worse?”

“We’ll start our own little sideshow,” says Brady, “It’ll be just me and you and the other freaks.”

Hope says, “Looks like a bad storm coming in. Maybe we should slow down.”

“No,” says Bo, “After getting that last message we’re not wasting any more time. We’re going to find Tony.” A sinister figure watches.

“This is a huge mistake,” says Hope.

Sami says, “Nicole, this is a brilliant plan.”

Nicole says, “I’ll drink to that.” She hammers down some booze and offers Sami some.

Sami says, “Nicole, you’re turning into a lush.”

“I got you what you want, so back off,” slurs Nicole.

Eugenia comes out of her apartment. Sami says, “I just have to figure out how to get those tapes.”

“How,” asks Nicole.

“I’m thinking,” says Sami.

“That could be dangerous,” says Nicole.

“I can’t just run up and get them,” says Sami, “But you can. She knows me but she doesn’t know you.”

John/Roman tells Kate he asked Chris/Roman to leave when Alex/Roman arrived, “You haven’t heard from him?”

Kate says, “My husband would rather spend his time with Marlena. How is she?”

John says, “Lexie thinks he can help her. He’s tops in his field.”

Alex/Roman pokes and prods Marlena. Marlena says, “There is something really familiar about you. Do I know you, Dr. North?”

“So things are a bit strained between you and Chris/Roman, huh,” says John/Roman.

Kate says, “He’s hovering around Marlena like he’s her husband.”

John shakes his head, “It isn’t easy for any of us.”

Kate says, “I know you’re going through the same thing I am and you have the added issue of Marlena’s health.”

We can’t change any of this says John. So how do you really feel about it?

“I feel hurt,” says Kate, “and angry, and I feel like I want to be with the man I love.”

John asks, “And is that man still Roman?”

“Which Roman,” asks Kate.

Dr. North asks Marlena, “Do you know me form somewhere?”

Marlena says, “You know I don't have any memory. Are you trying to trick me?”

“No,” says Dr. North, “Maybe I just have one of those faces. Maybe it’s my bedside manner.”

Marlena asks, “Are you fishing for a compliment?”

“I might be,” he says, “It’s been a while since I treated a patient.”

Marlena assures him, “Your bedside manner and your ego are in tact.”

Dr. North says, “Your family cares a great deal about you, Dr. Evans.”

“I'm a little glad they’re gone,” says Marlena, “and I might just be glad if they never came back.”

The fireman tells Eugenia she might have to spend the night somewhere else, maybe a shelter. Eugenia says, “I don't' think so. After all I’ve done for her, Kate Roberts can put me in a five star hotel.”

Sami asks if Nicole heard that. They argue over what to do. Nicole’s side of the argument is clouded by booze. Sami wants to send Nicole to go get the tapes, “Just grab them and haul ass out of there. You are getting the tapes unless you want everyone to find out about you contaminating those instruments.”

“Yeah,” says Nicole, “well I have more on you than you have on me. What do you think everyone would do if they found out you were Stan?”

Sami shifts gears, “I know how you can get Brady back. It’s foolproof. I’ll tell you as soon as you get the tapes.”

Nicole takes a drink, “For courage.”

Brady tries to convince Chloe to go through with the operation. She might not need to. She’s down to just one small bandage on her cheek. It won’t be too long before the scars disappear by themselves.

“What’s with all this negativity,” Brady asks, “Who’s putting all this into your head... It’s Nicole... How could you listen to a damn thing she said to you?”

Chloe says, “Everything she said was true. Maybe you should just let me go and pretend like you never found me.” Brady stares.

Bo says, “We’re not turning back, Hope.”

Hope says, “Don’t you think we should formulate a strategy first? Please come down and talk about it. I’ll make s’mores. Bo agrees, lashes the wheel and goes down.” Hope starts the bonfire.

The creepy figure climbs up to the wheel. He sets the course for Never-Never Land.

Bo tells Hope he’s going back up on deck to check the course.

Hope says, “You figured our course based on numbers.”

“Numbers in the message,” says Bo, “It’s the only lead we have.”

Hope insists, “It could lead us into another trap!”

Brady says, “Chloe, after everything we’ve been through... It’s a miracle. Whatever you decide I will support you.”

“OK,” says Chloe, “I don’t want the operation.”

“I don’t support that,” says Brady.


“I understand you don't see me the same way I see myself,” says Chloe, “but that could change. The day will come when you wake up and realize you are lying next to a monster.”

Brady says, “No, I already dumped Nicole. And if you really feel that way about yourself, you have grossly underestimated me and we shouldn’t be together.”

“What are you asking me,” says Kate.

John/Roman says, “I’m asking if your feelings for Chris/Roman have changed.”

“I can’t answer your question,” says Kate, “Right now all we can do is focus on Marlena and her recovery.”

“Right,” says John/Roman, “Even if Marlena’s memory comes back it won’t solve our problems. It might make things worse. Who knows what will come back to her. It could be her memories of Chris/Roman and how she once loved him.”

Marlena asks, “How do I know they are my family and friends? These are all pictures. How do I know they are real? It annoys me. They are all so relentless about it. They have their own opinions of how my life should be.”

“I’ll let you get some rest while I go out and talk to John/Roman,” says Alex/Roman.

John/Roman sees Alex/Roman come out. He tells Kate, “To be continued...” He walks over to him, “Can you help her?”

Hope and Bo continue to argue about the course of action. She wants Bo to find his parents and Georgia, “but we can’t let Tony jerk us around.”

Bo says, “We have no choice. DiMera is holding all the cards. I know in my guts that Ma and Victor are alive. Hope kisses him as the ominous figure watches.”

Nicole hyperventilates as Sami tells her to hurry and get over there.

Nicole says, “I was a famous model. How do I know she won't know me?”

“The only magazine Eugenia reads is the National Intruder,” says Sami, “If you don't do this I won’t help you with Brady.”

Nicole staggers over to Eugenia. She bumps into her. The bag containing the tapes goes down into the sewer. Eugenia screams at Nicole, “You idiot! What have you done?” Sami watches.

Eugenia yells, “You are so stupid.”

“I am so sorry,” says Nicole.

“My insurance policy was in the bag,” claims Eugenia, “You’re drunk. Do I know you?”

“Uh,” Nicole stammers, “I live on the third floor.”

“Oh,” says Eugenia, “Maybe I’ve seen you in the laundry room.”

“I’ve gotta run. Sorry about the tapes,” says Nicole.

“How did you know they were tapes,” asks Eugenia. She makes a call.

Kate’s phone rings, “Oh, Eugenia... what is it? I’m busy.”

“Well I’m homeless,” says Eugenia, “My apartment is full of smoke. Some sort of electrical malfunction, probably.”

Kate says, “I don’t know what I can do.”

“Well,” Eugenia huffs, “I’m gonna tell you and you better damn well do it. I need a job NOW. Your time is running out.”

“I don't' like being threatened,” says Kate.

“If you don't come through, I’m going to Sami.”

“That would be stupid,” says Kate.

“I’m losing patience with you,” says Eugenia.

Kate relents, “OK, I’ll make some calls. By the time you get here I’ll have something.”

“OK, I’m on my way.”

Nicole suggests “We should follow her. OR, you could jump in the sewer and get the tapes.” Sami stares.

Alex/Roman tells John/Roman it’s been a long time since I worked with a private patient.

“Just name your price,” says John Black, Billionaire.

“We can discuss that later,” says Dr. North, “I’m looking forward to treating a fellow physiatrist.”

John/Roman says, “Lexie said you weren’t interested in this case until you heard it was Marlena. Why did that change your mind?” Alex/Roman stares.

“Do you really want me to leave you,” asks Brady.

“Of course not,” says Chloe.

“Good answer. I need you to start believing in us. Can you do that,” asks Brady.

“I’m not the same woman you fell in love with,” repeats Chloe.

“Then,” says Brady, “have the surgery. I wish there was a way I could prove my love you for you... there is. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before.” He dials the phone.

Bo puts on his life vest. Hope says, “OK, but when we get where we are going we proceed with caution. You rest. Stop being so stubborn. I’m going up there myself. I’ll be right back.”

“OK,” Bo says, “for you I’ll get a little rest.”

Hope gets the bottle of killer sleeping pills, “I want you to take a couple of these.”

Bo swills the pills, “How long before they take affect?”

“A half hour.”

“That should be enough time for a little romp,” says Bo.

“What are you going to do with the extra 25 minutes,” asks Hope.

The peeping tom watches.

Dr. North says, “I became attracted to the case because of Dr. Evans' reputation.”

“I have to ask a favor,” says John/Roman, “I’d appreciate it if you kept your work with her under wraps. The fewer people who know, the better. There are certain people who would take advantage of this if they knew.”

“Are you talking about mind control,” asks Alex/Roman, “You said certain people...”

“You ever heard of Tony DiMera?”

The name sounds familiar.”

John/Roman asks, “You don’t watch TV?”

“I only watch Days Of Our Lives,” he says, “It’s part of my advanced research on extreme wackos. Are you saying this man could be a threat to Marlena?”

John/Roman says, “Even the most unlikely person could pose a threat to my wife.” Focus on Alex/Roman.

Kate hands Eugenia a slip of paper, “This is a good company. You will have a starting salary in the high five figures. I’m sure you’ll be pleased.”

“If I’m not,” says Eugenia, “you will hear from me. In the meantime I will need money for clothes and things.”

“I was expecting that,” Kate pulls out a wad of cash, “This should do it. Before you go, I'm going to ask you a question and if you give me the wrong answer the deal is off...”

Nicole and Sami argue about who goes into the sewer. Nicole doesn’t want to ruin her Jimmy Choo shoes.

Sami begs.

Nicole slurs, “Sami, stop whining.”

“I need those tapes,” insists Sami, “My whole life is at stake.”

Nicole says, “Fine. Maybe I will go down there, on one condition. Tell me how to get Brady from Chloe.”

“I don’t know yet,” admits Sami, “I lied, OK?”

“I am so out of here,” says Nicole, “There is no way I’m going into the sewer.”

“OK,” says Sami, “I’ll do it. Will you at least help me remove the manhole cover?”

“If I break one nail you are sooooo paying for my manicure.”

Nicole breaks a nail lifting the cover.

“Nicole, just try again,” says Sami.

Brady says, “Hey Belle, it’s your brother. I need to know the people who can throw the biggest wedding in the world. Is there any chance for a Belle Black original dress?”

“What are you doing,” asks Chloe.

Brady says, “”OK, if you’re that self-conscious we’ll only invite family and people who will understand. I don't want to put our life on hold any longer. You wanna marry me or not? You are going to be my wife. ASAP.”

Kate says, “I want your assurance there is not one damn thing that can connect me to Sami.”

“You’re safe,” Eugenia lies, “There is nothing except for me. And I ain't talking.”

“As long as there is no evidence that connects me I am home free,” says Kate. She hands Eugenia the money.

Nicole peers down into the sewer, “How’s it going, Sami?”

Sami wades around in the muck, “This is so disgusting.”

“Just slosh around,” yells Nicole, “I’m sure it’s there.”

Sami says, “Then there will be two of us who are sloshed. I can’t take much more of this.” She slips and falls into the goop.

Nicole asks, “Are you OK? Did you hurt yourself?”

“Like you care,” says Sami.

“She’s fine,” says Nicole.

Hope sneaks in bed and kisses Bo. She covers him and leaves the room. Thunder crashes. She picks up the GPS, “What the... OMG!”

Hope goes up onto the deck. She looks at the controls, “Oh, no, this isn’t the heading Bo programmed.” The creep grabs her. They go for a swim.

“I will be discreet and will keep an eye out,” says Alex/Roman.

I appreciate that,” says John/Roman, “I want you to bring her back. She means everything to me. She has been my life.”

“You are a very lucky man, Mr. Black,” says Alex/Roman. He thinks, “I should know...” He flashes back to kissing Marlena. FF.


Previews
========

Chris/Roman asks, “Will you trust me, Kate?”

Marlena tells Dr. North, “You look familiar.”

Jack tells Frankie, “I’d appreciate it if you’d just keep it between us and don’t tell Jennifer about it.” Jennifer walks in and asks, “Don’t tell Jennifer what?”

“Lucas, I’m about to give you a birthday you will never forget,” says Sami. She kisses him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bottom two pictures just popped in for me. What a riot!!

I'm smelling blood in the water (or in the sewer at least). Kate's comeuppance can't be far behind. IHOPEIHOPEIHOPE.

Great Prevuze. I'm sure glad we have all the "Romans" sorted out. LOLOLOLO

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs