Tuesday, August 02, 2005

We're Gonna Die!!

Abby and Chelsea sit in Chelsea’s new car and talk about it. Abby kids Chelsea about being over protective of the car. Chelsea defends herself, “I’m just trying to take care of it. I didn’t just win the car, I won it with Patrick. And he taught me how to master the stick.”

Observant little Abby says, “Chelsea, with you, ‘mastering the stick’ can mean...”

Chelsea interrupts, “Abby, you know what I mean. You have a dirty mind”

Abby says, “I can’t believe it, but it sounds like you are making inroads with Patrick.”

“I’d be doing better,” says Chelsea, “if Billie Reed weren’t in the picture.”

Billie comes to Jack and Jennifer’s with stuff for the BBQ. She asks about Jack.

Jennifer asks, “Billie, what is it? Is there something wrong with my husband?”

Jack works the grill. Frankie comes up and gives him a beer. Jack thanks Frankie for hanging around. Frankie notices Jack is leaning against the burning grill, “You didn’t feel that?” Jack stares.

Lucas celebrates his birthday. He has a pathetic cupcake with a candle stuck in it, “I wish I wasn’t doing this alone.” He starts to light the candle, but a knock at the door interrupts. It’s Alice and Maggie who have come to wish him a happy birthday.

Sami can’t believe Eugenia dropped the tapes in the sewer, “Well, I guess there are limits to what a person will do. On to ‘Plan B’ to prove to Lucas I love him. That’s it!” She makes a call, “This is Sami Brady and I need your help.”

Kate finds Roman. Kate tells him John is at the airport. “He’s going on a scavenger hunt to look for things from Marlena’s past, at Dr. North’s suggestion. It doesn’t surprise me John would travel to the ends of the earth to help her. Would you do the same for me?” Roman stares.

Dr. North tells Lexie her knowledge on amnesia is limited to her current practice. He is the amnesia god.

Lexie says, “I know Marlena will benefit from your expertise and bloated ego.”

“So will I,” says Dr. North.

Lucas is happy Maggie and Alice are there. He tells them about Rex leaving town and breaking up with Mimi. Alice asks bout Sami, “Have you thought about trying to work out your differences?”

Lucas soft-pedals the issue, “It will be a Sami-free birthday this year.”

Sami has called Julie. Julie asks where she is. Sami tells her, “I’m at my apartment.”

“So am I,” says Julie.

Sami comes to the door and hustles Julie inside, “I need your help, Julie.”

“What is going on,” asks Julie.

“I would like to plan a surprise party for Lucas and show him how much I love him.”

Julie is skeptical, “Oh, Sami I don’t know.”

Sami goes to work on her, “I have stopped playing with people’s lives. At the end of the day I’d like to have done something for the man I love. Will you help me?”

Julie relents, “What kind of party did you have in mind?”

Alice gives Lucas cuff links, which belonged to Tom. Maggie answers her phone. Julie tells her, “We need a bigger cake. About three feet in diameter, and about five and half feet high.” Sounds more like a birthday cylinder.

Kate really needs to know if Roman loves her. Roman says, “Kate, I explained...”

“Yes,” says Kate, “I know. You said you would fight for our marriage. But I can’t help thinking I will lose you to Marlena.”

Roman says, “If our relationship has any chance to survive you have to get past this. I love you and I know you love me. But the issue is trust. You will have to find it in your heart to trust me. Will you trust me, Kate?” The sound of Kate’s hysterical laughter can be heard in the next county.

Dr. North thinks Marlena’s amnesia is psychological. The great all-knowing doctor is not sure what the therapy should be.

Lexie hates to see this happen to Marlena. She offers her assistance.

“Actually there is something you can do – Something that would help Marlena and me,” says Dr. North.

Billie says, “As far as I know, Jack is fine. Why do you ask?”

Frankie shoves Jack’s hand into the ice bucket, “This is going to blister. There is a first aid kit upstairs. I’ll get it.”

Jack yells, “Get a little BBQ sauce while you are at it.”

Jack flashes back to going over the results with Lexie. She thinks it’s a neurological disorder, “You could eventually lose your sense of touch.”

Jack snaps out of it, “It’s happening sooner that I thought. I have to hurry and get Jennifer to fall in love with Frankie.”

Maggie says that was Julie on the phone, “She got delayed. She has to handle some investments she and Doug are involved in.” I hope they didn’t buy another tiger. That investment didn’t work out very well. Maggie drops the cake.

Lucas says, “That’s OK. I’m really not in the mood for cake right now.”

“That’s because of Sami, isn’t it,” asks Maggie.

Julie says Maggie’s pastry chef has a cake that is just Sami’s size.

Sami tells Julie, “I love Lucas with my whole heart and I know how hurt he was when he found me in bed with Brandon, but I was set up. We belong together.”

“You’ve convinced me,” says Julie, “Who else are we inviting?”

Sami has a list. She hopes Julie calls them because, “If I do, they won’t come.” She looks at Lucas' picture and thinks, “I love you so much and will do anything to get you back. But what if the truth ends up breaking your heart?”

Roman tells Kate, “Your silence answers my question. What’s the problem?” Well dduuuhhhh.

Kate looks at Marlena, “Actually, it’s simple. I think you love Marlena more. I’m never going to trust that you will put our love first. Frankly, I can’t deal with that.”

“Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn,” thinks Roman.

Roman says, “I’m sorry, I still have feelings for her. She was a major part of my life.”

“She is your ex-wife. I am your wife. If you want this marriage, you will back off. What’s it gonna be?”

Roman says, “I choose you. My God, I love you very, very much and I can’t imagine my life without you.” Kiss.

Dr. North says, “I will need to know Marlena better than she knows herself. I will need her complete medical history. I want everything that dates back to her arrival in Salem.”

Marlena wakes. Roman rethinks his choice and rushes in. Kate follows.

Confused Marlena tells the group, “I don't remember anything.”

“Recognize anyone,” asks Lexie.

“Yes,” she says to Dr. North, “You look familiar.”

Chelsea grinds the gears.

Abby says Billie is more mature and worldly than Chelsea, “Not only is she beautiful she has brains. You’re just out of high school. Billie could be from a James Bond movie.”

“I’ll show you and adventure,” says Chelsea, as she guns it. DOOL-Rule #17: Any car driven on-screen must crash.

Jennifer thinks there is a problem with Jack, “The DiMeras did this to us. I love him so much. I couldn’t bear losing him again.”

Frankie comes down with the first aid kit, “Jack, I don’t understand. Why didn’t you feel that?”

Jack lies, “It wasn’t that hot.”

“According to this burn it was that hot,” says Frankie, “Tell me what’s going on.”

Lucas says, “Sami makes me feel so...”

“...complete,” asks Maggie, “I’ve never been a fan of hers, but she does have some redeeming qualities. Sami is a little like your mom. She gets what she wants. I am glad Kate found Bill.”

“So am I, or otherwise we wouldn’t be celebrating your birthday,” says Alice.

“Is it possible she is sorry,” asks Maggie.

Lucas says, “She hasn’t taken responsibility for anything.”

“If you found out Sami was telling the truth would you take her back,” asks Maggie.

“No,” says Lucas, “At this point I wouldn’t.” Apparently, unlike Jack, Lucas can feel it when he touches a hot stove.

Julie asks if Lucas loves Sami. Sami says, “Yes, I know he does, and when he sees my surprise he will fall in love all over again. There is nothing anyone can do to stop me.”

Julie advises, “Don’t gloat about that. That’s been your problem your whole life. Let’s hope you don't shoot yourself in the foot again.”

“I recognize Dr. North,” says Marlena, “But I just met him. Other than that, I don't know him or any of you.”

Dr. North asks for privacy with Marlena. Chris/Roman offers his assistance to Alex/Roman. The crowd leaves.

Marlena says she is a little tired.

“Get some rest. You’re going to need all your strength when we start working together,” says Dr. North. He closes the blinds.

“Obviously we’re not welcome in there,” says Roman, “Listen, Kate, I can’t abandon Marlena when she's like this.”

Kate says, “I don't' expect you to abandon her.” Kate gets a call from Julie. They chitchat about Marlena. Julie invites Kate and Roman to the party for Lucas. Kate accepts. The fuse is lit.

“Just a few more calls to make,” says Julie.

“Then Lucas will get the birthday surprise of his life,” says Sami.

Roman says he will go. They head for the party.

Dr. North checks out Marlena, in more ways than one. Flashback, “Don’t worry, Marlena, you’ll be better in no time at all.”

His file clerk Lexie comes in with the records.

The great doctor announces, “Once I start the treatment, it will involve isolation. It will be Marlena and me one-on-one.”

Abby tells Chelsea to slow down. Chelsea refuses. The cops come up behind her. Chelsea has to run for it. She doesn’t have insurance.

“We’re gonna die,” screams Abby.

Billie says “You can’t live your life thinking something is going to happen to Jack. He’d hate that.”

“You’re right. We have a BBQ to go to,” Says Jennifer.

Jack tells Frankie, “I’ve kept this a secret too long. I got nerve damage on my hand when I was on the DiMera island.”

“You have to get that checked out,” says Frankie.

Jack tells Frankie, “I’d appreciate it if you’d just keep it between us and don’t tell Jennifer about it.”

Of course, Jennifer walks in at that exact moment and asks, “Don’t tell Jennifer what?”

Abby screams. The red lights flash. Chelsea yells, “We’ve got to outrun them!”

LOOK OUT!!! KEE-RASH!!

“What secret are you hiding, Jack,” asks Jennifer.

Frankie jumps in, “Mr. BBQ here burned himself and he was afraid you’d make him stop grilling.”

Jennifer checks him out, “What am I going to do with you Jack?” BBQ the rest, eat what you can, freeze what you can't.

Billie takes Jack aside and tells him he needs to tell Jennifer he’s dying.

Jack says, “By the time I’m gone she’ll be taken care of and in love with Frankie.”

Lexie doesn’t understand why Dr. North has to isolate Marlena.

The Great One speaks, “Dr. Carver, this isn’t as harsh as it sounds. She is being bombarded with information. It’s overwhelming. It’s interfering with her ability to retrieve those memories. I have to establish the doctor-patient trust.” Doctor-patient tryst?

Lexie buys it.

Dr. North says, “I trust you will not share my treatment plan with anyone.”

Lexie responds, “Thank you, O Great One, for including me in the process.”

The nurse comes in with the records. She'll get the remainder off microfiche. Lexie and the nurse leave. Dr. North says, “She’ll be her old self in no time.”

Maggie asks Lucas why he doesn't try to make amends.

Lucas says, “I’ve tried so many times. There is only so much you can forget.”

Kate and Roman bump into Eugenia. Kate is surprised to see her, “What are you doing here?” Eugenia says Julie invited her.

They all knock. When Lucas answers the door, Kate announces Belle and Phillip will come later.

Eugenia and Kate talk. “This is an awkward crowd, isn’t it,” asks Kate.

Eugenia holds up her bottle, “That’s why I brought a friend.”

The cake arrives. SURPRISE, Sami pops out.

Lucas asks, “Sami, what are you doing here?” Kate has a conniption.

“Lucas, I’m about to give you a birthday you will never forget,” says Sami. She plants a big one on him.

Behind them, Kate roasts like Jack on the grill. Cheers, oohs and ahs in the background. FF on the hot couple.


Previews
========

Frankie asks Jack, “Jennifer is in trouble? From whom?” Jack says, “Patrick Lockhart.”

Billie walks in as Patrick has Max in a chokehold. “Patrick, what the hell’s the matter with you,” asks Billie.

Belle tells Phillip, “I don’t know what’s going on here. Something tells me it’s not good.”

Lucas asks Sami, “Right now? You want me to play it right now?” Sami says, “I do. I think it’s something everyone is going to want to hear. Kate shakes in her boots.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust/Tryst? Prevuze got that right! Sounds to me like Alex/Roman sent John on a nice long-distance goose chase to get him out of town.

All of the pictures were great! Cannot wait for the big Kate take-down moment.

After waiting YEARS for this, any bets the network decides to break in with coverage of some earth-shattering event like the Prez announcing he has a cold and pre-empts the entire thing? HA

7:09 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< After waiting YEARS for this, any bets the network decides to break in with coverage of some earth-shattering event like the Prez announcing he has a cold and pre-empts the entire thing? HA >> My sources say this is almost certain to happen; however, Prevuze will be there to cover the big event for you (the take-down, that is, not the Prez' cold).

8:00 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< And a moving picture! Always the highlight of any Prevuze. >> Huh? I thought the highlight was the Hemingway-esque writing and incisive comments of the author. And to think I had just cleared my mantle off so I would have a place to put the Pulitzer.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

t'is i your faitful tape watcher supplicating, pleading nay begging for the love of the phoenix! teehee to please videotape if possible for me to view in order proper and true (future never revealed, look down at grocery store checkout hellbent look AWAY from the sod!) the fine and laffable yet warm and cheery dool. please, and i may exchange possibly with you at your preference tapes i have in extended play from maybe 040904!:D

hehe i thought to log on and not as ever once look at any prevuze:P and also plead for any good samaritan taper out there to say tape watching at this moment from 070505 john to kate: as we are all one big intertwined family we have to...(deal with this together ) hehe thats a good one john

<'{;^?}

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs