Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The rage! The betrayal! The hurt! Delicious!

Mimi protests, “There is no way Shawn and I will ever get together.”

“You used to have a major crush on the guy,” says Phillip.

Used to is the key word.”

“You told me in Paris you were in love with Shawn and if Belle didn’t marry him you would,” says Phillip.

“You can’t mean what you just said,” says Shawn. We belong together.” In an asylum.

“No,” says Belle, “And we have to accept that fact. Especially now that I am carrying Phillip’s baby.”

“You think we will just magically forget about each other,” asks Shawn.

“No,” says Belle, “The more we talk about this the more sure I am. Were through.”

Patrick tells Billie he’s sorry the BBQ wasn’t more fun for her.

“Yeah,” says Billie, “It might have been better if you wouldn’t have picked a fight with Max Brady. He might be a little cocky and a little immature but underneath it all he’s a decent creep.”

Patrick asks, “So he’s a Brady and that makes him a noble guy? You’re wrong. He’s adopted so the genetic code thing doesn’t work out. There is something about that kid.”

Billie mouths, “I’m not wrong.” She checks her PDA, “Dammit, Bo, I thought you would have checked in with me by now. I hope everything’s all right.”

Bo says, “She’s alive. That scum DiMera has her. I’ll find you Fancy Face, and when I do, DiMera’s as good as dead.”

Bart comes in complaining about Hope. She threw her dinner at him.

Tony says, “Bart, her and her husband set out on a mission to search and destroy me, but Miss Hope is captured and her husband is riding into the trap.”

“Yeah,” says Bart, “They can check out any time they want, but they can never leave.” Chuckles.

Tony says, “When Bo is in my custody, I can begin the destruction of the Brady and Horton clans.”

“Over my dead body,” says Caroline, as they bring her and Victor in.

“I’m sure you know, my dear Caroline,” says Tony, “that can be arranged.”

Caroline spits at him, “You bastard.”

Roman and Kate argue in the hospital. Kate says Roman is pushing her to be with John.

Roman says, “Kate, don't turn this around on me.”

Kate tells him, “I think you’re secretly thrilled I broke up Sami and Lucas, so you could use it to break up our relationship. We are going to have it out.”

Dr. North and John/Roman talk. John asks, “Tell me why Marlena remembered you and not me or Roman.”

Dr. North says, “I can only give you a clinical answer. She remembers me because right now I am the only person she feels safe with. Ever since she woke up, there has been tension between you and her ex husband. I am the only one she doesn’t feel pressured by.”

“I guess that makes sense,” says John, “You have no history together.”

Alex/Roman flashes back to kissing Marlena, “The best thing you can do right now is to be patient.”

“Dr.,” asks John/Roman, “what if she never has any memory of me or Belle.”

“That is a possibility,” says Alex/Roman, “If it happens, I have to help her build a new life. I must warn you, that may be a life which does not include you or her children.”

Tony cleans himself off,
I always thought as the Brady matriarch you were a force to be reckoned with. Just not so crass. You’re lucky I didn’t just kill you on the spot.

Victor rushes him but the goons restrain him.

Tony says, “If you think you can stop me you have another think coming. And that goes for your bastard son as well.”

You leave Bo alone.

I already have your daughter in law in my custody,” says Tony.

Caroline says,
Do whatever you want to me and Victor but leave Hope alone.

As tempting as that might be I’m using that for my trap. It might be one that kills your beloved son.

Bo finds where the message came from. He checks the coordinates,
Hope is on land. Once I get on shore I have a bout 30 miles to go. I have to call in a favor. He makes a call.

Billie is on the phone with the ISA, “So says Billie no report on Hope or the boat? Well, let’s stay in touch. We may need you before this is all over.”

Patrick walks in. Billie fills him in.
I don’t have a good feeling about this.

Bo’s call comes in, “Billie, listen, Hope has been kidnapped by DiMera and I need your help to find her.”

Mimi admits she had a crush on Shawn, “But that was like forever ago.”

Phillip says, “I’ll bet you remember it like it was yesterday.”

This calls for a flashback.
What’s to remember,” asks Mimi, “It was nothing.”

“Why are you blushing Meems,” asks Phillip.

“Stop it,” says Mimi.

Phillip asks, “Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?”

Shawn tells Belle, “I hear what you’re telling me, but I don’t believe it because I know deep down you will do the right thing.”

“The right thing is to love my husband,” says Belle, “I’m sorry Shawn, but that’s the way it has to be. I’m married to Phillip, I’m pregnant with his child – end of story.” Oh, we can only hope!

Shawn dashes our hopes, “No, I am going to go downstairs and tell Phillip the truth right now!”

Belle cries, “No, Shawn, don’t.” Who cares, Belle? Just pull yourself together, go down, let Shawn tell his little tale and tell Phillip Shawn’s an idiot and probably still on one of his acid trips from last summer, kick the bum out and get on with it. Either that or run off with Shawn to someplace out of the range of DOOL cameras. JUST PUT US OUT OF OUR MISERY!.

“All right Kate,” says Roman, “there isn’t a whole lot to talk about here. I asked you if you were responsible for breaking up Sami and Lucas, you flat-out lied to me. If Sami hadn’t found those tapes, you never would have admitted what you did and two people who love each other very much would have been separated for life.”

Kate says, “I admit I lied about Sami and Lucas, but I never lied about my feelings. Despite falling in love with John, I stayed with you. Why didn’t you just admit to me you fell back in love with Marlena at the castle?”

“Because it’s not true,” says Roman.

“Admit it,” screams Kate, “It’s so obvious you want to be with her.”

John asks Dr. North, “You think Marlena may never remember me or her children?”

“It’s possible. The more she is inundated by loved ones she doesn’t recognize, the harder it will be for her to remember them and the place they have in her life.”

John asks, “So what do you suggest we do?”

Dr. North says, “I think the only thing that’ll benefit Marlena right now is to leave Salem.” John does the eyebrow thing.

Bo tells Billie how Hope got kidnapped. He traced the router that was used to send the message to his PDA.

“I’m on my way,” says Billie.

“No,” says Bo, “I didn’t call you so you would get involved with this. I don’t want to take the chance of our daughter losing both of her parents.”

“Then why the hell did you call me,” asks Billie, “You said you needed my help.”

“I do need your help,” says Bo, “And this is exactly what I need...” Billie writes as Bo rambles, “All right. I have the coordinates of your boat. I’ll arrange for transportation and supplies. Be safe.”

Billie hangs up and pulls a chest out of the desk. She takes pistols out of it. Patrick says, “Whoa, I thought Bo told you not to come. If you’re going, I’m going with you. You will need backup. If anyone can deal with DiMera, it’s me.”

“Bo doesn’t trust you,” says Billie, “He thinks you still work for DiMera.”

“Yeah,” says Patrick, “Well, that’s his problem.”

“I got my GPS up and running,” Bo says to no one in particular, “but I can’t use the damn thing. DiMera’s probably tracking my every move. So, the GPS is off and we’re runnin’ by the stars.” Bo spins the wheel and strikes a salty sailor pose.

Tony blows smoke. Victor wants to make a deal. “Victor,” says Tony, “What could you possibly offer me that I don’t already have? When John took Kristin away from me, all I wanted was revenge.”

Caroline says, “For God’s sake, Tony, if Kristin wanted to stay with you she would have stayed. That was a long time ago.”

“Why are you taking it out on us,” asks Victor.

Tony screams, “Because you’re all involved! But the one thing I covet is the destruction of the one thing that keeps the families of Salem together – love – the concrete that has kept the Bradys and the Hortons together. Ahh, but you people are like a bunch of cockroaches. You have just become more and more resilient.


What are you going to do with Bo and hope?

Tony says,
Well I tired to come between them by luring Bo and Billie into an abandoned house. They were overcome by toxic gas.

“Yeah,” interrupts Bart, “We call it love gas.”

Tony says, “Bo made love to Billie thinking it was Hope.”

Bart says, “Don’t be shocked. Everyone in Salem is doing it. We saw the whole thing on closed circuit TV. Man! It was better than late night cable.”

“The amazing thing about it,” says Tony, “was not Bo being lured by Billie. The great thing was watching your daughter-in-law’s face when she discovered them. The rage! The betrayal! The hurt! Delicious!”

“You are despicable,” says Caroline, “What happened to them?”

“Well,” says Tony, “They more or less worked it out.”

“Because they love each other,” says Caroline, “and there is nothing you can do about that.”

Tony fondles his gun, “There is one thing I can do that will disrupt their lives forever. I will kill them both. By eliminating one with a bullet, the other will eventually die of grief. And since Hope is already here... I should kill her first.”

Mimi says, “You’re right, Phillip, I do have feelings for Shawn, but they’re not romantic. I loved his cousin. And I still do.”

Phillip says, “I didn’t mean to pressure you about Shawn. I’m just trying to get you to think outside the box.” Let’s not push it, Mimi has trouble thinking inside the box. “There’s another guy out there for you.”

“Phillip, I don’t want to talk about this any more. I just want to focus on finishing school and starting my future.”

“That sounds good to me,” says Phillip, “I hope Belle’s OK.”

Belle begs Shawn to stop, “I told you before if you tell Phillip I will never speak to you again. Is that what you really want?” Shawn stares.

Roman says, “A part of me will always love Marlena, but I came home to you. I know what you are doing here. You’re trying to distract us from the real issue. You are trying to distract us from the fact that you deliberately tried to destroy my daughter’s life. And when I asked you about it, you lied to me.”

“Oh,” says Kate, “And if I had told you the truth, what would you have done, stuck by me?”

Roman says, “I might be just as upset as I am right now, but at least you would have been honest.”

“I see,” says Kate, “You’re upset at me for lying to you, but you won’t take any responsibility for your lies and secrets.”

“I said I was wrong, OK?”

“You make yourself out to be so righteous, but you are nothing but a hypocrite, Roman,” says Kate. Roman starts to stomp out. “OK, you walk out on me, but just know when Marlena doesn’t chose you, I won’t be taking you back.” Roman huffs.

Chris/Roman joins the conversation with John/Roman and Alex/Roman. Alex/Roman fills Chris/Roman in on his plans for Marlena. He wants to take her to “a little place I have for the duration of the therapy.”

“What is so great about this place,” asks Chris/Roman.

“A combination of things,” says Alex/Roman, “But mostly peace and quiet. I have to separate the memories which will come back on their own from the ones you keep trying to pound into her head. Obviously what we are doing in there is not working.”

John/Roman says, “You are the expert. If that is what you think will work, by all means, do it. I’ll have someone at Basic Black pack bags for me and Marlena.”

Dr. North says, “I’m sorry if I was not perfectly clear, Mr. Black, but the only person accompanying Marlena on this trip will be me.” Stares all around.

Billie and Patrick come into the hospital. They are there to pick up a first aid kit. No drugstores in Salem, I guess. Billie sees Kate and tells Patrick to go on. Kate is bawling like she’s turned into Belle. Kate tells Billie about the tape-fest at the party.

“Mom,” says Billie, “You didn’t!”

“I did it for Lucas because Sami’s a manipulative bitch and she deserves better,” says the manipulative bitch, “and Roman is furious with me. But was he honest with me about getting Marlena pregnant?”

“Mom,” says Billie, “I don’t agree with what you did, but you deserve better than this. Just give Roman some time. He’ll come around.”

Kate asks what Billie is doing there, “We came here to get a first aid kit. I got an assignment from the ISA.”

Kate asks, “Does this have anything to do with Bo going after Tony DiMera?” Billie stares.

“Well,” says Tony D as he puts the gun away, “I don’t have to decide right now. In the scheme of things it doesn’t matter whether I kill Bo or Hope first.”

Bart gets a phone call and whispers to Tony. Tony says, “Bo is on his way. In a matter of time, I shall have him right where I want him.”

Popeye sails, “If I’m on course, I should see the lighthouse right... about... yeah! Hold on Fancy Face, I’m on my way.”

Phillip calls Joelle and asks, “Has Belle been into the office tonight? Yeah... I’ll hold.”

While Phillip holds, Mimi goes through a scrapbook and finds a picture of her and Shawn. Flashback to high school and begging Shawn to go to the dance. Flashback to Bonnie telling Mimi just because Rex was her first doesn’t mean he will be her last, and the perfect man is living with her. “No,” says Mimi, “Shawn and I are just friends.”

Meanwhile, Shawn doesn’t have Mimi on his mind. He filibusters Belle.

“I’m not the same girl you fell in love with,” says Belle, “we’re not kids anymore. We need to stop looking back. We need to move on. I know it will be tough. We’ll have to memorize some new lines.” She goes through the door and bawls like Kate Roberts.

Billie says, “Yes, my ISA mission has something to do with Bo, and I was hoping I could Borrow one of the basic Black jets.” Man, this ISA is some outfit. They have to scrounge help from one of the town ne’er-do-wells, lift a first aid kit from the hospital and can’t provide their agents transportation to assignments.

Kate wants to know what’s going on. Billie tells her it’s double-secret but, “Hope’s been kidnapped by Tony DiMera. I’m going in as Bo’s backup.” Kate’s jaw drops.

Alex/Roman tells John/Roman, “Marlena has to be treated in a place which is technically known as a ‘blank canvas’ that has no particular meaning or significance to the patient. You can’t be there.”

John/Roman asks, “How long will you two be in seclusion.”

“That’s hard to say, but at least for the immediate future.”

“I just want my wife to be back to the way she used to be. You do everything you can to restore her memory,” says John/Roman.

“That’s exactly what I plan to do,” says Alex/Roman. Chris/Roman watches like a bump on a log.

Kate tells Billie, “This sounds dangerous to me.”

Billie says, “Patrick’s going with me. He’s untrained, has no business there, but he looks great without a shirt.”

“So,” asks Kate, “You’re risking your life to rescue Hope?”

“Mom, I know you want me to be with Bo. It ain’t gonna happen, OK? Besides, if I go, we might be able to find Georgia, too.”

“But,” says Kate, “Do you think it’s a good idea to go with Patrick? I mean how is Bo going to react?”

“I don’t care,” says Billie, “I am moving on with my life – without Bo.” Patrick reacts as he overhears. Billie’s PDA buzzes, “It’s from Bo – have dropped anchor. Need supplies immediately.” She asks Kate if she can have the jet. Kate gives in.

As they rush off, Billie says, “John doesn’t have to know about this, right?”

“Right,” says Kate.

John/Roman signs the consent forms. He and Chris/Roman want to say goodbye to Marlena. Alex/Roman says, “I can’t stop you from seeing your wife, but if you love her, and want her to get better, you will leave her be.” John/Roman waves his hand. Chris/Roman makes a face. They both walk off.

Dr. North says, “And now that I have your husband’s permission, I will help you find out who you really are.”

Bo drops anchor, “Now I wait for the supply drop from the ISA, and I’m ready to roll.”

Fade back to Tony’s monitor, “Poor Bo. He has no idea he’s being monitored.” Bo takes careful aim straight into the monitor and fires. The picture goes blank. Tony and Bart go into action. Tony tells him, “Have men ready to greet Bo.”

“Bo is not going to be captured,” says Victor.

“Bart,” shouts Tony, “Have the men ready to greet him with a bullet. Shoot to kill!”

Bo packs his artillery, “I can’t believe that scum bag was watching me. I can’t wait for the ISA any longer.” He dives in, “Hold on Fancy Face, I’m on my way.”

Belle composes herself and goes into the apartment, “I just went out for some air. Meems, hi.” Mimi leaves.

“She hates me,” says Belle.”

“She doesn’t hate you,” says Phillip, “Trust me. This’ll just take a little time for her to get over.”

“And what if she doesn’t,” asks Belle.

Shawn wanders. Mimi puts a hand on his shoulder. FF on the lost souls hugging.


Previews
========

Sami asks Nicole, “What’s happening here? What are you doing?” Nicole says,
I am sitting here until you make my dream come true.”

Chloe tells Brady, “I love you so much.” Brady says, “I’m counting on that.”

Lucas says to Kate, “You wanna talk? OK, I’ll go first. Goodbye.”

Jennifer tells Jack, “You have all the time in the world.” Jack says, “No, Jennifer, I don’t.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the angst! Oh, the agony! And I don't mean the characters....I'm talking about the audience. Bo out on a dingy in the middle of the ocean with only a PDA being able to "trace the router" that sent him Hope's message is about as likely as Belch ever putting us out of our misery by learning new lines. HA

Oh yes, and Mimi used to have a crush on Shawn...until she saw what a self-centered jackass he's become.

Great Prevuze. None of the pictures are popping in for me yet, but I'll check back later for a mid-morning boost!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs