Wednesday, August 10, 2005

That Kate Is A Genuine B-I-T-C-H

Bride magazine. Chloe. Brady asks if she has found a dress yet. He wants to see it but Chloe is reluctant. She shows him one she likes. “With you in it,” says Brady, “it will be a double-wow.” They hug and she imagines herself in the dress. She drops her bouquet. Oh, the scars!

Chloe whines, “How can we plan a wedding when everything is beautiful except the bride?”

Frankie thinks. He remembers Jack telling him he won’t be around because he’s a reporter. Jack can count on Frankie.

Max runs in and wants Frankie to watch the Cubs game. Frankie just wants to stay there. Max says, “I think you'd rather stay here and daydream about Jennifer.”

Jack goes through papers, “At least the family will be safe and secure when I’m gone.” Jennifer comes in and wants to know what he is doing. She wants to know why he’s looking at the life insurance policy.

Chelsea and Abby come into the Java Café. Chelsea tells her she can’t be a nun all her life. She says she’s found a guy for Abby, “His name is Josh. Go over to the counter and introduce yourself.”

“This day can’t be over soon enough. I’ve lost my son and husband,” says Kate.

Chelsea comes up to her, “You look like you could use a friend.” The look on Kate’s face says, “Spare me.”

Lucas and Sami dress. Sami comes up to him and may attempt to change that. She doesn’t want him to leave. He goes for more ice cream.

Sami’s all alone now. She says, “I can’t believe I am happy and have Lucas back.” She turns on the stereo and dances around the room. She finds her wedding dress. More dancing. The door is open. She goes over to close it but Nicole sticks her foot in it to stop her.

Abby goes to the counter to introduce herself. The guy behind the counter says, “Who’s your friend? She’s a hottie.”

Kate wants to know what Chelsea wants.

Chelsea tells Kate, “I could really use a job.”

“Her name is Chelsea,” says Abby, “I thought you knew her.”

“How about giving me her cell phone number,” says the soda jerk.

“Why would I give you a job,” asks Kate.

“I know all about fashion,” says Chelsea, “I think your company could use someone who knows something about young people.”

Kate tells her, “You are a rude young woman. You’ve been insulting me ever since you sat down.”

Abby asks the counter guy, “You’re Josh, right?”

“No,” says the guy behind her, “I’m Josh.” Abby turns and bumps him, and dumps the drink he’s carrying all over him.

“Look,” says Chelsea, “Are you going to give me a job or not?”

“Not.”

Lucas comes into the café. Kate sees him. Staredown.

Sami asks “Nicole, what’s happening here? What are you doing?”

Nicole says, “I am sitting here until you make my dream come true. I’m not going anywhere. It’s time you help me get Brady back.”

“How?”

“I don't know,” says Nicole, “You won Lucas back.”

Brady says, “Our wedding will be perfect.”

Chloe says, “I love you. I know it seems like I’m wrapped up in myself.” No! I wouldn’t ever have thought anything like that. “But I’m worried about someone else – you.”

“That obvious, huh,” asks Frankie, “I was thinking about Jennifer and Jack. They’ve been good to us ever since we hit town.”

Max asks, “Did your work bring you back to Salem?”

Frankie says, “Work and a chance to see some family.” Max gives him a look, “What’s that look for?”

“Why don't' you just admit you came back to see Jennifer,” asks Max.

Jack says they missed bills while he was gone. He’s just checking things out.

Jennifer tells him, “Even after they declared you dead I could not cash in this policy, Jack. And now I have you back and don’t have to pay it back. You know what? I’m not doing laundry. I’m going to spend some quality time with my husband. You have all the time in the world to do things like this later.”

Jack says, “No, Jennifer, I don’t.”

“I’m am such a klutz,” says Abby.

“My lawyer will call your lawyer,” says Josh.

“My lawyer is Mickey Horton,” says Abby.

“I’ve heard of him,” says Josh, “I’ll get millions, and you’ll do jail time.”


Josh goes to get more coffee.

Abby gets back to the table. Chelsea says, “That Kate is a genuine B-I-T-C-H.”

Abby says Lucas just came in and she can feel the tension. Chelsea tells her, “I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.”

Kate asks if Lucas wants to talk, “I’m still your mother.”

“No,” says Lucas, “You gave birth to me. A real mother nurtures and cares. You framed Sami because you are a despicable person.”

“I don't' think you should be saying things you will regret,” says Kate. Can we please just talk?”

Lucas says, “You wanna talk? OK, I’ll go first. There’s only one thing to say to you, goodbye.


Sami wants Nicole to leave. She won’t until Sami helps her.

“No,” says Sami.

Nicole wrinkles her brow, “I swear I heard you say ‘no.’”

Sami says, “If Lucas comes back, he will be suspicious. I can’t help you with Brady.”

“You are his sister,” says Nicole.

Sami corrects her, “His stepsister. And he hates me.”

“See, we are a match made in heaven,” says Nicole, “You know how to play the game. If a little slut like you can win your man back I can win mine.”

Sami says, “Lucas didn’t have anyone. Brady has Chloe. You knew if Brady found out Chloe was still alive he would leave you. She is alive. She has Brady. Chloe isn’t your biggest problem. Victor and Caroline may still be alive. If they come back you can kiss the Kiriakis fortune goodbye.”

Nicole says, “I don't care about the money. I want Brady!”

Sami says, “My advice is grab all the cash you can, and get the hell out of Salem. If Victor finds out what you did to Chloe, you will wind up in jail.”

“If Brady finds any proof I launched the flesh-eating bacteria on Chloe,” says Nicole, “they will find out who put me up to it. In fact I'm going to start telling people now.” She takes out her lipstick and goes over to the mirror. She writes, “SAMI = STAN.”

Brady tells Chloe to stop worrying about him. Chloe whines, “Brady I know you. When you thought of finding me, did you think I would look like this?”

“My eyes are wide open, Chloe.”

“I don't' know anyone else who would put up with me,” she says, “You see past my scars and into my heart...” Sorry for the delay, but I had to be sick after that one... “If Dr. Travis can’t help me, others will only see scars. You are the CEO of Titan Industries. You have to present yourself in the most positive light possible.”

Brady says, “This has nothing to do with Titan Industries.”

“If my face can’t be restored, then everyone will feel sorry for your sideshow freak wife. Marrying me would be committing career suicide.” Committing real suicide is what he probably wants to do after listening to all this sniveling.

“Jennifer is a happily married woman,” says Frankie.

“Yeah,” says Max, “but you thought Jack was dead when you decided to come here. You would have gotten here sooner if you could.”

“I’d be lying,” says Frankie, “if I said I had no regrets. Of course I’ve thought of what my life would be like if I’d stayed with Jennifer. I’d love to have a relationship like that again.”

Max says, “If I had a girl like that I’d kick Jack out and...”

Frankie interrupts, “As long as we are taking about girls, Chelsea is not one of your racetrack groupies. Lockhart talked to me about the two of you.”

Max says, “He’s been putting the moves on both Chelsea and Billie.”

Frankie continues, “Chelsea only seems easy because she thinks that’s what you’re looking for. Jen used to be a lot like Chelsea. She had a reputation for being wild but she wasn't. She was just in a hurry to grow up. Chelsea has lost a lot: her parents, her home. Underneath all the big talk she is a fragile girl. Why don't you take her out? On a date. Do the things that...”

“You and Jennifer used to do?”

Jack apologizes for snapping at Jennifer, “I’m just... I tried to get our affairs in order behind your back. I didn’t want to worry you.”

Jennifer asks, “Is there something to be worried about?”

“No,” he lies, “The time I spent on the island was a wake up call. DiMera’s still out there you know. Life – you never know what’s going to happen – it’s good to be prepared.”

“Jack,” she says, “these policies and wills, why are you looking at them? Is there something wrong with you?” Jack stares.

“I wish I knew what was going on with Lucas and Kate,” says Chelsea.

Abby says, “When I met Josh I spilled coffee all over him.”

“What did you think of him,” asks Chelsea, “I hear he’s into math and comic books. He's a geek. Some girls find that whole geek thing a turn on.” Josh walks up to the table and overhears. He slams the coffee down.

“I told you what would happen,” says Lucas.

Kate says, “I’ve lost you, I’ve lost Will, and Roman doesn't want anything to do with me.”

“You get no sympathy from me.”

“Lucas,” says Kate, “I tried with Sami. But she is a bitch through and through.”

“The only bitch I’m looking at is you,” Lucas stomps out.

Sami cleans the mirror, “You really are crazy, Nicole.”

Nicole says, “I’ve been a girl scout compared to you. I turned Chloe into the Swamp-Thing, but I’m not a traitor to my country. You betrayed the USA, Stan.”

“Don’t call me that any more.”

“As far as Victor goes,” says Nicole, “when he finds out about S-T-A-N he won’t be very happy with you either.”

Sami hears a noise, “Lucas is back, hurry.”

Nicole says, “How much I hurry is up to you. You gonna help me get Brady back or not?”

Brady says, “Stop worrying about the Titan Industries shareholders. All they care about is the bottom line.”

Chloe says, “Every time I see my reflection I cringe. That is how others will react. I don’t want it to affect your future.”

“If this is about my career, then I’ll fix it,” says Brady. He goes to the desk and writes.

“I won’t let you do this,” says Chloe.

“It’s not your decision,” says Brady, “It’s mine.”

Frankie tells Max, “What Jennifer and I had is over.”

“Except for one thing,” says Max, “You’re still in love.”

Frankie says, “You are relentless. Cut it out. Take it slow with Chelsea. And Patrick too. Stay out of his hair.”

Max says, “Lockhart – What’s wrong with that guy?”

“He’s dangerous,” says Frankie.

“I’m beginning to think you’re here for another reason,” says Max, “Maybe it has to do with Lockhart. Maybe you’re here to protect your ex and her family from trouble?”

“You’re right,” says Jack, “This can wait.” He turns on some music. Coincidentally, it just happens to be Stand by me. “May I have this dance?”

“You may have all of them,” says Jennifer. Tender moment.

“This is a letter of resignation,” says Chloe, “I wont’ let you do it.”

“There is northing I wouldn’t do for you.”

“You are the CEO,” she whines, “I remember how excited you were when Victor made you the president.”

“If Dr. Travis can’t fix your scars,” he says, “We will move away form here. Away from civilization.” Salem is civilized?

Chloe tells Brady, “I love you so much.”

Brady says, “I’m counting on that. Come on. Let’s go plan our wedding.” Hug. Barf.

Frankie says, “You have an overactive imagination. What can I do to protect Jack and Jennifer? I’m an attorney. I handle mail fraud.”

Max says, “I can see I’m not gonna get any more outta you. I’m gonna go watch the Cubs game.”

Peeping Frankie watches Jack and Jennifer dance.

“Have I heard this song somewhere before,” asks Jack.

“You heard it the other day. It’s mine and Frankie's song. I should change it,” says Jennifer.

“I don't' think Frankie will mind you sharing it with me,” says Jack.

“No, he wouldn’t,” says Jennifer.

Frankie imagines the dancers are Jennifer and him. Back to reality. Frankie watches. Frankie thinks.

“I should have kept my mouth shut,” says Chelsea, “How was I supposed to know he was sneaking up on us?”

Abby says, “Because he was bringing us our drinks.” They start to leave. Abby turns and says to Josh, “Just because my friend thinks you’re a geek doesn’t mean I do. If you’d like to catch a movie sometime, here’s my number, so call me.”

Abby leaves. Josh smiles.

Kate wanders, “I can’t believe it. Sami Brady won. Fortunately it’s just a battle. If I find some dirt on her I will win the war. The day is coming Lucas will realize what a witch Sami Brady is.”

Lucas gets back to the apartment.

Sami vows to help Nicole. Nicole says, “I thought you'd change your mind. What’s the plan?” As the doorknob turns...

Sami pushes Nicole out the window into the rain.

“Hey, hey,” says Lucas, “I got some ice cream.”

“I think we should let it melt,” says Sami. Down to the couch with Nicole watching. Dripping wet. Nicole makes s a face as the rains pour.

Nicole says, “Sami you are so gonna owe me. If you don’t help me get Brady back I’m calling a press conference. Bulletin – Sami Brady is Stan. News at 11.”

FF on the drowned rat.


Previews
========

Tony D tells Hope, “Bo Brady, your husband, is about to fall into my trap.”

Bo has Billie in a hammerlock, “What the hell are you doing here?”

Frankie says, “Listen, I’m here to tell you I’m leaving.” Jack says, “No, Frankie, you can’t. Not tonight.” Jennifer looks concerned.

“I’d do anything to nail that SOB Stan,” says Lucas. Sami sweats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be something in the DNA. Kate instantly hates anyone that turns out to be related to her: Billie & Austin (turned out to be her long-lost children); the space twins (turned out to be her her long-lost and unknown children); Chelsea (will turn out to be her long-lost and presumed dead granddaughter).

And, boy, did Kate speak for every DAZED watcher out there, "This day can't be over soon enough..." What's it been now, about two-three weeks long. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Great Prevuze!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, TigerLilyGirl, you gave me one of the biggest laughs of my day. And did I ever need it about now!!!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs