Friday, July 15, 2005

Twenty-Four Hours To Spend, Spend, Spend

Sami listens at Eugenia’s door, hears something and scurries. Eugenia comes out with the trash. Sami’s cell phone rings. It’s Lucas, “Lucas, this isn’t a good time.”

Lucas asks, “Did you get invited to get he opening of the new restaurant?”

“Yes, but I’m not going.”

“What are you up to,” he asks.

Sami says, “I’m gonna do whatever it takes.... I have to go.” Eugenia goes back inside. Sami stares.

Kate comes out and asks if Lucas is ready.

Lucas and Billie want to know why the day is so important.

Kate says, “Roman and I are going to renew our wedding vows with John and Marlena. I’m swearing you to secrecy because it’s a surprise for Marlena and Roman. And the groom shouldn’t see the bride...”

That was Roman’s cue, “Kate,” says Roman, “Just the woman I want to see.” Kate dashes into the next room.

“Something I said,” asks Roman.

Mickey guides the blindfolded Maggie into Chez Roughage.

Inside he removes the blindfold. She’s thrilled, “It’s my wedding gift to you, Red. It’s called Chez Rouge, Red’s Place. And I’ve hired a five star chef from Paris.

“And,” says Maggie, “we’re renewing our wedding vows. We’re starting our lives all over again.”

Bonnie comes in. “Well, Meems, today’s the day I lasso Mickey for good. Maggie got herself quite a divorce settlement. Bon Bon and Mickster will live happily ever after.”

Maggie comes up. She asks Bonnie, “Aren’t you a bit overdressed?”

“No,” says Bon Bon, “You are, and you weren’t invited.”

John hopes Marlena got her appetite back. He gives Marlena a new “outfit.”

“John,” she says, “I can’t wear that.”

Belle asks Shawn what he is doing here, “I am married to Phillip . I can’t be with you don't you get that?”

“Is there something else wrong,” asks Shawn.

“You see these flowers,” says Belle, “They’re a wedding bouquet. My dad is trying to surprise my mom by renewing their vows today, and I think it’s going to be a huge disaster.” Hugs. Tears.

“I’m not invited,” asks Bonnie.

Mickey says he is giving Maggie this restaurant as a wedding present.

Bonnie says, “I didn’t want the groom to see the bride before the weddi...”

Maggie interrupts, “I am the bride.”

Mickey explains, “You see, Bonnie, today we’re making it official. Maggie was alive when I married you, so my marriage to you isn’t legal. We’re renewing our vows today.” Bonnie runs off in tears.

“I handled that so badly,” says Mickey, “I feel terrible.”

“I don't,” says Maggie.

Belle tells Shawn to cool it.

“OK,” says Shawn, “I believe in us having a future and if you need help I want to help you. I want to make up for the time I wasn’t there for you before.”

“Really,” she hands him the flowers, “If you want to help, why don’t you go put those back in my car.” Shawn’s eyes roll.

“Why can’t you wear it,” asks John.

Marlena says, “I can’t wear white on Maggie’s wedding day.”

John chuckles, “She’s just going to have to understand.” Hugs. Belle comes in. John goes upstairs to get ready.

“You still haven’t told him yet, have you,” asks Belle.

“I’m scared,” says Marlena.

“You have to be honest with him and you have to do it before we go to the restaurant,” says Belle.

Roman asks why Kate ran off. Billie and Lucas have no idea. Roman starts to go in to check, but they stop him. Lucas hands him a tux.

“Won’t I be overdressed?”

“Maggie doesn’t do anything halfway,” says Lucas.

“Tell Kate I’ll see her over there,” says Roman. He leaves.

Lucas calls Sami again, “Can you talk now?”

“No, not really.”

Lucas says, “You have to come to the restaurant opening.”

Sami tells him, “I’m stalking Eugenia and if you ruin it you ruin our chances to get together.” Eugenia leaves. Sami sees she is dressed to kill, “I guess I know where she’s going. I’d better go get ready.”

Hope tells Shawn, “I know you can’t live without Belle but you have to be careful about Phillip.”

Bo says, “You keep getting into trouble, Shawn. What kind of a future can you offer Belle if you’re behind bars?” Just ignore that pesky little fact she’s married.

Shawn says, “I just have to convince her we belong together just like my parents do.”

Shawn leaves. Bo tells Hope, “I’m worried he will get his heart broken.”

“Let’s just pray true love conquers all,” says hope.

Belle tells Brady she likes the restaurant better than Tuscany.

“Belle, you have to go find Mimi because I have the biggest surprise for you two,” Says Brady.

Mimi says she just got terrible news. Belle yanks her away form Rex.

Mickey and Maggie come in to talk to Bonnie.

Bonnie tells Maggie, “I thought the restaurant was your divorce settlement.”

“No,” says Maggie,” Alice’s Restaurant is your divorce settlement. We finally talked Arlo Gurhrie into selling it.”

Mickey says, “You and I were never really married, and Maggie and I have chosen to renew our vows today.”

Bonnie wails, “What am I gonna do? Where am I gonna live? Can I at least have the big house on the hill?”

“No,” says Maggie, “You don’t belong there any more. You are no longer Mrs. Mickey Horton.”

Alice walks in and says, “Hallelujah!”

Big reunion between Belle, Mimi and Chloe. Squeals all around.

Alice tells Mickey he finally came to his senses.

Bonnie stomps, “What about me?”

Mickey says, “Bonnie, I have chosen to be with my one true love. My father always taught me marriage is forever.” After a little ménage a trios or two.

“Don't' you owe me a payoff,” asks Bonnie, “I won’t hold a grudge if I have a six figure income.”

Chloe 'splains why she disappeared. Brady interrupts. He brings in Phillip. Shawn follows. Stares.

Kate arrives. Eugenia is at the bar. Kate asks, “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I got an invitation,” says Eugenia.

Kate huffs, “My damn secretary must've invited everyone in my Rolodex.”

Sami comes in, “Well, well, well, Eugenia, what a surprise.”

Kate says, “We were just discussing her job prospects.”

Sami walks off and says to herself, “Eugenia, you’ve been working for her all along.” Lucas comes up. Sami tells him, “Those two are up to something, Lucas, and I’m going to prove it to you.”

Sami walks off. Lucas ponders, “Could Sami be right?”

“There goes an interesting pair,” Says Hope, “Kate’s always up to something. I think she had Shawn thrown in jail.”

“He has to take responsibility for his actions,” says Bo.

“We have to be there for him,” says Hope.

“I’ll never turn my back on him,” says Bo.

Billie comes up and asks, “Do you feel that way about Georgia?”

Belle tells John Chloe is alive.

“Your mother and I already know. I asked her to sing today.”

Belle asks, “Has mom talked to you yet?”

“No.”

Marlena hyperventilates. Roman comes up. He says, “If I didn’t know better I’d think you were the bride.”

Marlena says, “John bought the gown for me.”

“Listen,” asks Roman, “have you dropped the baby bomb on him yet?”

“No,” says Marlena, “I’m waiting for the right moment.” Sometime in her next life.

“I can’t tell Kate until you tell John.”

Marlena says, “This party is not the right time.”

Roman says, “The secret is going to come out before too long.” Not to mention the baby.

Sami walks up and asks, “What secret? I just love surprises! What’s going on, Dad?”

Roman stares. Marlena blinks.

Shawn tells Chloe they all missed her. Phillip is speechless. Shawn leaves. Chloe says, “When you left to join the Marines, you promised you wouldn’t die.”

“I just didn’t come home the same.”

“I didn’t mean to put you though want I did. I just couldn’t face being ghoul girl again,” says Chloe.

“You never were.”

She says, “Remember when you asked me to the last blast? It really changed my life. I hope you haven’t had as hard a time with your recovery as I have.”

Phillip tells her, “I think I will be a better person. I think you will too. Look at us after all we’ve been through. I think we we’ll be OK.”

Brady says, “I couldn’t have said it better myself. Are you ready to make your singing debut?”

Chloe says, “I guess...”

“What’s your big secret,” asks Sami.

Marlena says, “Well, I guess everyone will know by the end of the day. Chloe Lane is alive.”

Sami’s smile melts, “Oh, I thought it would be something great like my parents are getting back together.” She walks off.

“Mickey, you don't' owe Bonnie a cent,” says Maggie.

Bonnie protests, “You can’t leave me destitute.”

Mickey reminds her, “I already gave you your own restaurant.”

Maggie snaps, “Go back to your honky tonk. Why should you be rewarded for stealing my husband?”

Mickey says, “As of tomorrow your credit cards and bank account will be frozen.”

“After today, you won’t be able to fill up the peanut barrels at Alice's,” says Maggie.

Mr. and Mrs. Mickster leave. Bonnie thinks, “It sounds like I’ve got 24 hours to spend spend, spend.”

Sami tells Lucas she wishes they were getting married too.

“First you’ve gotta prove you can be trusted. I don't' think that’s possible,” says Lucas.

“I will prove it,” says Sami to herself.

Eugenia gives Sami a verbal jab as she walks by.

Sami yells at her, “I am gonna get Lucas back and you and Kate will roast in hell.”

Sami tells Lucas she knows he would rather believe she would break his heart than Kate, “Look at those two. What do Eugenia and Kate have to talk about except how much they hate me?”

Kate tells Eugenia she shouldn’t be here,
I am going to get you a job. But you need to get out before Sami figures everything out.”

“Dammit, Doc, you were right. I regret keeping the secret now,” says Roman. Yeah, now that he knows he's going to get caught.

I’m going to tell John says Marlena. I’m going to tell him right now.” She goes up to John.

John says, “It’s time, let’s grab our seats.”

Chloe sings. The Rose.

Bonnie cries. Phillip takes Belle’s hand. Shawn stares. Sami and Lucas. Bo and hope. Lonely Billie. Roman and Kate. Marlena eyes John.

Father Jansen calls up Mickey and Maggie.

Mimi asks Bonnie why she is torturing herself.

“It wasn’t about the money,” says Bonnie, “I really did love the guy.” Choke.

Maggie tells Mickey, “You have given me the most wonderful Days Of Our Lives. When people come here to dine it will be special because it symbolizes love. True love is never lost.” It does get misplaced in Salem a lot, though.

“This is your place Maggie. I love you, Red. Forever,” he vows. Kiss.

“It was beautiful, dammit,” cries Bonnie.

John turns to Marlena, “We’re next.”

Bo promises Hope nothing and no one will ever come between them.

Billie moves to come between them, but gets a PDA message. THE PHOENIX! OMG!

“What do you mean, ‘we’re next’? I’d like to talk to you first,” says Marlena.

John says, “We’ll have plenty of time to talk later.”

John goes over to Belle, “It’s time.”

“Are you sure,” asks Belle.

John goes over to Kate, “Are you all set?”

“If you are.”

“Roman and Marlena will be so surprised,” says John.

Marlena tells Roman, “It’s time to tell John and Kate the truth.”

Belle goes to get the bouquet.

Shawn catches her, “I’ve been waiting for this all day.” He grabs her and kisses her.

“Where did you go, Sami,” asks Lucas.

Sami is a Eugenia’s apartment, “Maybe B&E will be worth it when I find the truth and get my life back.” She pries the door.

Sami says, ”The evidence has to be in here somewhere. I just have to find it. She rummages through drawers, “Where is the smoking gun?” Rummage, rummage, rummage. See Sami rummage, “What is this?”

The door opens. Eugenia. Jaws drop.

Phillip watches Shawn and Belle attack each other.

Chloe contemplates a ring. She tells Brady, “I lifted your mother’s wedding ring from the urn.” He puts it on her finger, “Marry me, Chloe.”

“No, I can’t.”

“Chloe, I love you. You’re beautiful. Marry me, NOW.” Chloe sighs.

Billie says, “It’s about Georgia. Solve this puzzle and you’ll get your daughter back.”

“We’re going to tell them right now,” says Roman, “I’m going to find Kate and we'll do this together.”

Mimi has to talk to Marlena, “Rex keeps pushing me. He wants the truth. It will be all over I just know it.” We can only hope.

Marlena says, “Mimi, relationships can’t survive without truth. That’s all I can tell you.”

“I’ve talked to everyone about this except Rex,’ says Mimi. Don't we know it.

Rex comes up, “Mimi I’ve heard everything about the baby. You’ve been lying to me about this all along?”

Roman tells Kate, “I have to talk to you...”

Marlena tells John, “...and after that, things might never be the same.”

QUAD FF. Marlena, Roman, Kate, John.


Previews
========

Billie tells Bo, “We’ve gotta go somewhere and figure this out. Come on!” Hope interrupts, “NO! Bo’s not going anywhere with you, Billie.”

Sami tells Eugenia, “I can’t wait to see them both dump that bitch.” Lucas walks in, “What the hell’s going on in here?”

Roman says, “You know, Doc, we can’t go through with this. John and Kate have to know the truth.”

“You are beautiful,” says Brady, “You are my beautiful Chloe.” The perfect Chloe smiles.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Just too much wonderful stuff to comment on.

Misplaced love in Salem.

The caption on Snarly Sr.'s picture.

Mickey the compassionate human being (and a brain trust at that)!

Not to mention the suspense of knowing something MIGHT actually happen in the next epsidoe.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs