Thursday, July 21, 2005

Jack's Funeral

Max and Chelsea are at the pool. Max is sooooooo glad she invited him, “The best part about swimming at night is so one can see what happens under water.” He pulls her in and kisses her. The longer Max stays in the pool, the slimier the water gets.

Billie thanks Patrick for trying to help decode the DiMera riddle.

Patrick is sorry they couldn’t figure it out, “At least we have the pool. That water will feel so good.”

Patrick is shocked when he sees the happy couple in the pool.

Billie whispers in his ear, “Here’s what we are going to do...”

Gloved hands open a box. It’s Frankie. He pulls out Jennifer’s picture and studies it.

Jack asks Jennifer if she is OK, “You’re still upset at what happened at the boat, are you?”

Jennifer is shook up, “What if Bo had opened the champagne instead of throwing it away? It scared me to death. I’m glad you didn’t offer to go help them find DiMera.”

“Actually,” says Jack, “I did. If anyone has an axe to grind with Tony DiMera, I do.”

Jennifer is shocked, “Please tell me you are not still entertaining that idea.”

“No,” says Jack, “Bo wouldn’t let me go.”

Jennifer is confused, “Since when did you ever let anyone tell you no to anything?” He flashes back to his death sentence with Lexie.

Jack says, “Actually I’m glad Bo turned me down. It gives me a chance to be home with my family.”

Jennifer suspects something, “Jack Devereaux! There is something going on with you and I want you to tell me right now.”

They wheel Marlena in. John whispers the magic words to Lexie, “She’s pregnant.” Lexie runs with the gurney. Roman comes up. “Get him outta here,” growls John. Kate takes Roman away.

Sami runs in and asks Roman what happened. She sees Kate and freaks, “OMG, Kate was there.” She looks at Kate, “You had something to do with this. What did you do, push her downstairs so you could get back together with your ex-lover.”

Roman tells Sami to cool it, “It’s my fault.”

Belle joins the panic stricken group.

Shawn and Phillip talk about Belle.

John tells Belle Marlena is in with the doctors.

Lexie tends to Marlena, “She’s at risk for a heart attack. Marlena’s eyes go wide as pizzas, she stiffens up and does her best impression of someone in the electric chair.

Chelsea and Max swim and make out. Billie gets in the pool. Max swims over to her. His slime trail follows.

Patrick asks if he can join Chelsea.

Billie tells Max, “If you want me to leave, I’ll just go take a cold shower.”

“No,” says Max, “It’s time we got to know each other.”

Marlena convulses.

The Paramedic tells John and Belle, “They are doing everything they can.”

Roman tells Sami, “I got your mother pregnant and now not only could she lose the baby, but she could also lose her life.”

Sami stammers, “You and mom... Oh, Kate you did do something! You wanted my mom to lose the baby because you were jealous! If something happens to her the blood of my brother or sister will be on your hands!” I think Sami’s finally warming up to Kate.

Patrick grills Shawn about why he was on the roof with Belle. “Maybe you should talk to her,” says Shawn.

John recaps what happened with Marlena

“And what were you and Roman arguing about,” asks Belle.

“All right,” says John, “you need to know the truth. Your mother told me that the baby is Roman's.”

Belle says, “I know...”

“So you knew, too,” says John.

“I figured out she was pregnant,” says Belle, “and she told me the rest. She was afraid of losing you. All that matters now are that mom and the baby are OK.” Hugs.

Marlena calls for John. Lexie tells her to relax. John comes in, “Marlena, I’m right here.”

“I’m so sorry,” says Marlena.

Jack tells Jennifer nothing is going on.

“No,” she says, “you are acting different. You don’t have your spunk. It’s gone.”

Jack says, “Spunk? In the words of the great Lou Grant, ‘I hate spunk.’ I’m glad to be back with my family.” He has one of his pre-death spells, “It’s just I have a migraine coming on.” Jennifer runs for aspirin. Jack sucks down some pills, “Don’t take me now,” he says to the grim reaper, “Not like this.”

Jennifer comes back in. Jack takes the aspirin she brought. Jennifer says, “Maybe we should call Lexie.”

“I’m fine,” says Jack, “Just let these babies kick in. I’ll be back to my old self.”

Jennifer looks out the window, “OMG, I think there is someone in the garage.” She takes the fireplace poker and goes out to investigate.

Frankie looks at the picture of Jennifer and him, “So that’s where you were hiding,” he says. He flashes back to telling Jennifer he still loves her. She loves him too. Smooch.

Frankie hears a noise. He walks outside. Jennifer whangs him with the poker. She recognizes him, “OMG! Frankie! I am so sorry.” He says he’s OK, but he's really putting on a poker face.

Chelsea asks Patrick what he and Billie are up to. “A little project,” says Patrick, “Now we’re just cooling off.”

Billie asks Max, “What’s a big hotshot racecar driver like you doing with a little girl like Chelsea? You can get any girl you want.”

“I like her, OK” says Max. Mr. Racecar driver shifts gears, “I wouldn’t mind being with an older, more experienced woman.” The older, more experienced woman gulps.

Chelsea says, “There is a dance contest at Alice's tonight, and the winner gets a car. I wanted to win and told Max I would do anything if we won.”

Patrick is shocked, “YOU WHAT?”

Sami and Kate argue, “When you found out my dad was the father you couldn't handle it. That proves he and my mom belong together.”

Roman clarifies things for Sami, “End of story.”

Sami runs out.

“Kate,” says Roman, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s the same old story,” says Kate, “Sami always wants to blame me.”

“I know we haven’t had a chance to talk...” says Roman.

Ah, a new outlet for Kate’s wrath, “We have nothing to talk about. You and Marlena made love knowing full well John and I were still alive. I need some time, if you’ll excuse me.”

Sami smirks as Kate walks out.

Phillip asks Belle how Marlena is doing. Belle doesn’t know, “I’m scared. This ulcer is bothering me really bad.”

Patrick says, “Shawn told me something happened on the roof. You wanna tell me about that?” That ulcer'll kick in now.

John tells Marlena, “We’ll get all this sorted out later. Don’t worry about it right now.” Marlena smiles and croaks. Lexie rushes in as the machines scream.

Jennifer brings Frankie back into the apartment. He insists he is OK. They walk past her picture. He asks what’s going on.

She tells him the party on the Fancy Face III was a bomb.

“No wonder you’re freaking out,” says Frankie, “Is everyone OK? Who would do something like this?”

“Tony DiMera, “ she says, “He took Jack from me twice. I will not let him do it again.”

Frankie hugs her, “It’s OK. Jack is home for good. He’s not going anywhere.”

“So what is all this,” she asks.

“Just stuff I picked up at the Brady’s,” says Frankie.

She finds the picture, “Is this what you’re looking for?” She stares at him.

Jack hallucinates. He is at his own funeral, “What’s going on here? It’s not much of a party. What’s everybody...” He sees his picture set up in the middle of a flower arrangement, “No! Not my picture! That means I’m dead.”

He overhears a conversation, “Abby won’t come down. She’s upstairs crying her eyes out.” Translation: that’s one less actor we have to pay for this funeral scene.

The wake continues. Sami tells Roman, “I can’t believe he’s gone. He was one of the few people I really liked. I’m glad he’s gone so he can’t see Patrick sinking his hooks into Jennifer.”

Patrick tells Jennifer, “You’re not alone.”

Jack yells, “Take your hands off of her.”

“What are you going to do,” asks Patrick, “You’re dead.” Jack stares open mouthed.

Billie says, “Max Brady, are you coming on to me?”

“Call it what you want.”

“Aren’t I a little mature for you,” she asks.

Max says, “I think we could teach each other a few things.”

Patrick says, “I think I know what Max might want in exchange. Chelsea, you don’t have to do that to get a guy to go out with you.”

“I don't' have a choice,” says Chelsea, “I need a car. This contest is my only chance.”

“I’ll lend you the money for a car,” says Patrick.

Chelsea tells him, “I can’t take money from you. I’m gong with Max and you can’t change my mind.”

Sami brings Roman some water, “Look, I’m sorry for the way I acted with Kate. I was upset.”

Roman says, “You owe Kate an apology.”

“Of course,” says Sami, “If it will make you happy.”

“It would be a start,” says Roman, “I’m gonna go check on your mom.”

Sami walks up to Kate, “I’m sorry.”

“For...”

“I'm sorry for accusing you of trying to kill my mother’s baby,” says Sami.

“Save it OK,” snaps Kate, “I know Roman asked you to apologize to me.”

Sami says, “Yes, he did. And unlike you, I would do anything to please him.” She goes off the deep end, “I will expose you and you will suffer for what you have done.”

Kate tells Sami, “If that’s your idea of an apology, you’re gonna need to work on it.”

Sami says, “I said I was sorry. Now, go to hell.” That gal sure knows how to apologize.

Phillip says to Belle, “Tell me what happened on the roof. I just want to know why you are so upset.”

Belle flashes back to Shawn telling her he loves her. She stammers, “Uh, Shawn overheard me on the phone with my mom. He found out Roman is the father.”

Lexie says Marlena is doing better. “We’ll just have to watch her very closely.” Lexie leaves. I guess she was speaking figuratively.

“You’re goanna be OK,,” says John,” We’ll get through this together.” Roman stares in the background.

Frankie makes excuses for why he has the picture.

“I think it’s amazing you held on to all this,” Says Jennifer.

Frankie pries, “What about you” Do you have any old love letters?”

Jennifer says, “I have stuff stored away from our time together.” He yanks out a mood ring.

“Frankie, she says, “I think I lost mine my senior year.”

“Here,” he says, “You can have this one.”

“I remember when you gave it to me at the Springsteen concert,” says Jennifer, “Why did you keep all this stuff?”

He says, “I guess I want to give it to the girl I marry.”

Jennifer thinks that’s weird, “This is our stuff. Why would you want to give it to her?”

Frankie confesses, “I thought one day you would be my wife. Well, that was a long time ago wasn’t it? I’m glad I kept it. It brings back great memories.”

“What else do you have stored away,” asks Jennifer.

“I don't' know. Knock yourself out.” Jennifer goes through the box.

Frankie tells her, “If something’s worth holding onto, I never let it go.”

Jack’s funeral. He tells Patrick, “I said get your hands off Jennifer.” Jack asks Roman for help stopping Lockhart, but Roman can’t hear him.

Jack tries Celeste. Lexie asks Celeste if she’s getting a vibration. “Come in, Celeste,” says Jack, “Can you hear me? I’m worried about Jennifer. Lockhart is no good.”

Lexie says, “Do you see something?”

“No,” says Celeste, “My friend Jack is dead and gone.”

Jack is frantic, “I’ve gotta stop that creep.”

Patrick tells Jack, “Too late, Devereaux. Jennifer is all mine now. There isn’t a damn thing you can do.”

Billie thanks Max but she doesn’t think dating him would be such a good idea. He wants to take her to the dance at Alice’s. Mr. Race Driver continues to leak oil, “If you don't want to go, I could take Chelsea.”

“No, no,” says Billie. “I’ll go.”

Meanwhile, Chelsea works on Patrick, “If you really want to help me, then take me instead.”

Patrick says, “You’re not going with Max. OK, I’ll take you.”

“Good, it’s a date,” says Chelsea.

Jack tells Patrick, “You think you got it made. I know my wife. She’ll see the fraud you are.”

“You have to face up to the fact Jennifer will wind up with someone and it won’t be you,” says Patrick.

Jack comes back to reality. He calls for Jennifer. No answer. He runs upstairs.

Jennifer finds the tape of their favorite songs. She finds a tape player and pops it in, “Ohmygosh, this is like a blast from the past.”

Jack searches. He finds Frankie and Jennifer listening to music. Stand by me.

John says to Belle, “No wonder you’re ulcer is acting up. Your mother and Roman...”

“It’s not what you think,” says Belle, “I need some water. I’ll be right back.” She walks out and writhes in pain, “What is wrong with me?”

Kate comes into Marlena’s room. John tells her she is stable.

Sami tees off again, “You shouldn’t be here.” Roman tells her to cool her jets, but Sami’s on a roll, “My father is her first love...”

“Sami,” yells Roman, “That’s enough!”

Marlena begs them to stop fighting. Another spell. Lexie runs in and throws the happy group out. The machines play a symphony.

Sami and John argue. John tells Sami, “Look what you did. She was stable. If anything happens now, I’ll hold you responsible.” FF.


Previews
========

“Where do you see yourself in five years,” asks Frankie. “That’s easy,” says Jack, “Heaven.” Jennifer reacts, “What?”

“Lexie,” bawls Sami, “Is my mother gonna die?” Pregnant pause.

Belle faints into Shawn’s arms as open-mouthed Phillip watches.

Rex screams at Mimi, “I’ve had a million questions for you and you never were going to tell me, were you? WERE YOU?”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Jack's hallucination - that combo of mystery pills and aspirin will do it every time. He should take the caption to one of the pictures to heart, "Stay away from the drugs." HAHAHA

Leave it to Sami to ask the obvious, "Is my mother going to die?" Well, Lexi is her doctor isn't she? Pregnant pause....

And poor Belle doesn't know what's wrong with her. This hospital's lab can do a DNA test in 5 minutes, but can't get the results of Belle's routine blood work done for, what has it been now, two Salem days?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs