Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Baby... Is Roman's

“Why is Brady taking such a long time to get back,” asks Chloe. She ponders her face in the mirror, “He says he loves me. I’m grateful for that but let's hope Dr. Travis can work miracles.”

Brady walks in dressed in a tux.

Chloe asks, “Why are you so dressed up?”

“Your curiosity can only be satisfied by putting this on,” he says.

Belle looks at a bouquet on the table, “These are the flowers Phillip gave me when he left to go overseas.” Still fresh. How time flies on Daze. She remembers kissing Shawn. She says, “Oh, gotta stop thinking about Shawn it’s disloyal to Phillip.”

“John,” says Marlena, “I have to tell you something about the baby.” The phone rings. Saved by the Belle. John tells Belle he’s doing great. He’s going to be a father again. He hands the phone to Marlena. She says she will take it on the balcony.

Kate asks Roman if he is all right.

Marlena says she still hasn’t told John, “I can’t bear the thought of hurting him.”

“Mom,” says Belle, “he loves you. You have to tell him the baby is Roman's.” Shawn listens.

Jack and Jennifer come up to Ho and Dope. Hope assures Jack they will find DiMera. “I hate to be a naysayer,” says Jack, “but I wouldn’t count on it.”

Belle pleads, “Mom, you are going to tell him, right?”

“Yes,” says Marlena, “Kate and Roman are still here.”

“Do you need moral support,” she asks, “I can be there in a few minutes.” Translation: this would be fun to watch. “I think it’s understandable you and Roman would turn to each other when you were captive.”

Marlena says, “If I would just have told him when I got back. Oh, Belle, always be honest with your husband.”

They say goodbye. Shawn tells Belle he overheard, “It reminds me of us.”

Belle says, “Shawn, please don’t say anything. It’s hard on my mom.”

“Roman too,” says Shawn.

“It’s like my family is cursed,” says Belle, “This can ruin my mom and dad’s marriage.”

Marlena is back with the group. She says, “I’m feeling a little tired. I’d like to lie down. John, could we go upstairs and have some time alone?”

“We should be going,” says Kate.

Upstairs go John and Marlena. Kate and Roman start to leave. Roman balks, “Kate, I’m sorry, I know you can’t understand this, but I’m not going anywhere right now.”

Marlena tells John, “We have to talk right now. The truth can’t wait one more minute.”

“The truth about what,” asks John. Marlena stares.

Chloe wants to know what’s up.

Brady says she doesn’t have to worry. He put together an amazing outfit.

Chloe says, “After the surgery you can take me anywhere you want. Just be patient.”

“Me? Patient? How about if you put the dress on for me,
says Brady.

“OK,” says Chloe, “but let’s be clear, we are really not going anywhere.” Neither is this whole scenario.

She goes in to dress. Brady pulls a snow globe out, “As long as I have this I don't have to take you anywhere.”

Bo tells Jack, “About what you said before...”

Jack says, “That you’ll find DiMera but never stop him? This is DiMera’s game.”

“He knows where my daughter is. I’m gonna find him,” says Bo.

Jennifer says, “You and Hope are important to us. We don't want to lose you.”

Bo pulls out a case, “Meet our reinforcement.” Rambo guns.

Jennifer reels. “We know what we are doing,” says Hope.

Jennifer says, “I am not going to lose another member of my family.”

“We have to stop DiMera, or we will be sitting ducks,” quacks Bo, “What if he took Jack from you?”

Jennifer whines, “He isn’t taking my husband again. Jack isn’t going anywhere. Isn't that right Jack? I’m not losing you again.”

“Your mom and dad love each other too much to let this ruin their marriage,” says Shawn, “When my parents found out JT isn’t their biological son they got over it.”

“I broke up their marriage,” says Belle.

“Roman and Marlena were stranded and didn’t know they would be rescued,” says Shawn, “They were always close.”

Belle rambles, “That’s what my dad will have a hard time with. They could get a divorce just like my mom and Roman did. Sami always blamed me for breaking up her parents. She was right. I’m just so afraid for them.”

“It’s gonna be all right,” He kisses her.

Belle pulls away, “I can’t...”

“It’s what your heart wants.”

Belle says, “This can’t keep happening. I now understand the importance of honoring my vows. Look what’s happening to my family.”

Shawn says, “I've been thinking about that and you are right. You should stay with Phillip.”

“We weren’t invited to stay,” says Kate, “We should leave.”

“I think I’ll make a pot of coffee,” says Roman, “It’s for all of us.”

“What the hell is going on with you? Clearly you know something I don't. What is it,” says Kate.

John presses Marlena. Come on, spit it out, “Is there some kind of complication with this pregnancy?”

Roman stammers, “Kate, I wish I could spare you, us... all...”

“Is it about Marlena’s baby,” asks Kate.

“Yes.”

“There is no easy way to says this,” says Marlena, “John, the baby... the baby... is Roman’s, not yours.”

John contemplates.

Chloe looks at her new git-up, “Brady treats me like a queen. I just wish I didn’t have the scars. She sees a box on the dresser and opens it. She finds a comb, “This must’ve belonged to Brady’s mother.” She puts it in her hair. We hear a magical jingle. The scars disappear. “No,” says Chloe, “this can’t be possible. I’m just seeing what I want to see. It can’t be. OMG, Brady! Brady!”

She runs out, “You’re not going to believe this.”

Brady looks up, “You are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.”

“The scars are gone,” she says.

Brady tells her, “It’s your inner beauty shining out. I wondered how long it would take you to see it.”

“You have to help me understand.”

“You are finally seeing yourself through my eyes,” says Brady. He kisses her.

“Jennifer,” says Jack, “Tony isn't gong to take me away from my family.” He kisses her.

Bo asks Jack to give him a hand up on deck.

“Aye-aye Cap’n.”

Hope tells Jennifer she understands what she is going through.

“We have all suffered so much this past year,” says Jennifer.

“We will beat Tony at his own game,” Says Hope.

Bo says he didn't mean to hurt Jennifer's feelings but they have to track Tony down, “I can’t go to the ISA. I have a history with DiMera. I’m gonna go find him and make him talk.”

“Take me with you,” says Jack.

Bo tells him, “I couldn’t do that to Jen. She needs you too much.” Jack sways. “Jack,” asks Bo, “are you all right?”

“You want me to stay with Phillip,” asks Belle.

Shawn says, “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.” I’ll bet that was a strain. “Phillip has a hell of an adjustment to go through. If you separate with him right now that would kill his spirit. You don’t have to be Mrs. Phillip Kiriakis forever. You have to be there for him now. After he gets his leg you can still be his friend. When he feels emotionally ready...”

Belle interrupts, “I dump him?” Hey, it’s Shawn’s plan. It has some rough edges.

“You are making an incredible sacrifice because we love each other,” says Shawn.

Belle says, “I don’t know if he will ever be ready. And what about my wedding vows?” Oh, those pesky little wedding vows.

“People separate. It happens,” he says.

“Maybe it shouldn’t.”

Shawn says, “You are scaring me right now because I know I love you and you love me, right?”

She admits it, “Yes I do. You know I do. But I do love Phillip, just not in the same way.”

Shawn tells her, “I’ll wait as long as it takes. I would do anything for you because I love you. And I will never love anyone else.” Smooch.

John clears his throat. “The baby is...”

“Roman’s,” says Marlena.

“I’m gonna need some help with this,” says John, “How can you be pregnant with Roman’s child?”

“I know how excited you were. I hate telling you this,” says Marlena.

“Oh my aching back,” says John, “He took advantage of you in the castle!”

Marlena says, “You can’t blame Roman for this.”

“He tried to sleep with you before, on the island when he begged to make love to you one more time. Every brush off is an opportunity for the man.”

Roman backpedals with Kate. He ‘splains the situation in the castle.

Marlena says, “John, it was a terrible mistake. I’d give anything if the baby was yours.”

“Does he know if you are pregnant with his baby,” asks John.

“He does know that.”

“That smug SOB,” he yells. John decides he needs a cup o’ that wonderful fresh-roasted coffee Roman is brewing and he runs downstairs. Marlena has a spell.

Kate bawls out Roman. John comes flying downstairs and slugs him. John wanted Starbucks, Roman fixed Folgers. Roman gives him a look.

Brady and Chloe have a romantic dinner.

“I can’t believe you still have this snow globe,” says Chloe, “You have really made this night nice. How did you do all this?”

Brady says, “The plan was always to stay in together. We just need the two of us to make magic. Are you happy?”

Chloe says, “I feel like Cinderella at the ball with her handsome prince. I shouldn’t have said that. At midnight Cinderella turns back. Do we have to leave? Can’t we stay here forever?”

“We can,” says Brady, “You just have to believe. Do me a favor. Go stand in the doorway.” She goes. “Now turn around and look outside.” It snows.

“Snow, OMG, Brady it’s a miracle.”

No, the writers had a contest to see who could come up with the dumbest plot device in the history of the show. Actually it’s a snow machine. I rented it. Whatever it takes to make you happy.” She halls him into the bedroom.

Bo asks if Jack needs help.

“I’m OK,” he says, “It’s just this damn disk. I got knocked around pretty bad when I was prisoner. It comes and goes. But just the same, don't mention it to Jennifer.”

Hope eats a cookie, “There is something I need to remind you about. In the unlikely event if something should happen to Bo and me, you and Jack promised you would raise Zach as your own.”

“I remember,” says Jennifer, “But promise me you won’t let anything happen to you.” The boys come back down. Cookies for all.

“Tony D and all, I am jealous of you two,” says Jack. They hear a noise. Bo tells them to stay put. He grabs a gun and goes up to check it out. A man with a package tells him he is looking for Bo Brady, “Sign here.” The group comes upstairs.

Bo reads the card as he lifts a champagne bottle out of the box, “Bon voyage and happy hunting.”

Hope says, “We don't have a name.”

“We don't need one,” says Bo.

“DiMera,” says Hope.

Clothes are strewn across the room. Chloe sleeps. Pan in on the magic comb. It drops. The scars are back. Chloe sees them in the mirror. “No, no,” She runs over to the mirror, “It was all just a dream.”

Brady comes up and comforts her, “It wasn't a dream. In my eyes you will always be beautiful.”

Belle can’t let Shawn do this for her.

“I’ll wait as long as I have to,” he says.

Belle asks, “What if Phillip never stops needing me?”

He drags her over to the initials in the door and runs her hand across them. “We belong together, and that will never change. Plus, you’re worth waiting for. We’re still soul-mates.”

“I can’t let you put your life on hold for me,” she says.

You are my life,” says Shawn, “All I ask is that you are faithful to us.” The boy is dumber than I thought.

“So you don't' want me make love to Phillip,” she doubles over, “I think I’m gonna be sick.”

Jennifer says, “There is nothing on the card that screams DiMera.”

Jack says, “I wouldn’t drink that champagne for any amount of money.”

Bo puts it in the trash. He walks away and it explodes.

A minor explosion compared to Roman and John. As they go at it, Marlena starts to come down the stairs. Odds are... yep! She falls. Double back flip with a twist. I’d rate it 9.5. Screams all around.

“Call 911 quick,” says John.



Previews
========

Max tells Billie, “I wouldn’t mind being with an older, more experienced woman.” Billie gulps.

Lexie restrains John as Marlena and the baby hang onto life by a thread.

Kate tells Sami, “If that’s your idea of an apology, you’re gonna need to work on it.” Sami says, “I said I was sorry. Now, go to hell.”

Patrick tells Jack, “Jennifer is all mine now. There isn’t a damn thing you can do.”

Frankie tells Jennifer, “If something’s worth holding onto, I never let it go.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Davidson said...

I keep thinking that this program can't get more pathetic, and then it does..

I have stopped watching it on tv, and now only read about it daily on Prevuze...

Thankyou for your effort (and side remarks). You are much more generous than I am. 8)

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze is in rare form today. I can't even list all the LOL moments. Some of the best:
- Bo quacking about sitting ducks.
- The fistfight over Starbucks vs Folgers.
- Dumbest plot device in the history of the show. (The magic comb and disappearing scars. Are delusions catching?)

And the pictures!! What can you say? HAHAHAHA

I could go on and on. Thank you for starting the day out right.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Do you need moral support,” she asks, “I can be there in a few minutes.” Translation: this would be fun to watch. “

ROFL!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs