Monday, June 27, 2005

Love 'Em And Leave 'Em

Abby answers the doorbell. Jennifer comes up and we have the happy reunion with Frankie. Patrick looks confused. Jack swipes off his hat. Introductions all around. Wheeeeee!

Frankie acts surprised Max is in town, too.

“Wow,” says Max, “You are not a kid. You are a hot and sexy woman.” Chelsea broods. “Are you upset about what we just did?” Chelsea gives him a look.

Rex tires to convince Mimi this doesn’t have to be it for them. “Yes it does,” says Mimi, “I just got sentenced to 15 – 20. We aren’t gong to have the life we dreamed about.”

“I wanna be with you,” says Rex, “I don’t care how long we have to wait.”

“You deserve better,” says Mimi, “You have to move on without me. Let’s just get this over with and say goodbye.”

“My reasons for coming to save you were mostly selfish,” says Shawn, “I thought if I could bring you home Belle and I would have a chance.”

“We are married,” says Phillip.

“You shouldn’t be,” says Shawn, “I love her. I have never stopped loving her.”

“At least you’re finally admitting it,” says Phillip.

“All our cards are on the table, Belle,” says Shawn. A couple of Jokers.

Belle turns on him and snaps, “How could you? How could you do this to Phillip? Phillip has been through hell already. He's been married to me.

Phillip says, “It’s OK honey. Let me understand, Shawn. You wanted to bring me home so you could make your move. Then you came here because you couldn’t wait any longer. Am I right? You wont’ believe this but I understand what you are doing. In fact I agree with it.”

“So you’re ready to just let her go,” asks Shawn.

“How good can my life be if you’re not in it,” says Rex, “Where will I find someone who will whine at me all the time? You’re innocent. I just wish you’d tell me the real reason you plead guilty but I’ll have to figure it out myself.”

“No,” says Mimi, “You can’t.”

Jennifer thinks Frankie is being the protective older brother for Max. Patrick points out Max and Chelsea have been away quite a while.

Marlena makes the understatement of the century, “A lot has changed since you’ve been here last.”

“Yeah,” says Frankie, “Many of you were presumed dead.”

“We are not going anywhere for a very long time,” says Jennifer, “Isn’t that right Jack?” Jack stares. Jack flashes back to telling Marlena.

Frankie says, “I envy you Jack. You have a great home and a wonderful family. What more could you want?”

Jack says, “To live long enough to enjoy it.”

Frankie tells Jennifer she’s living the American dream. “I envy you,” he repeats.

“So,” says Jack, “fess up, everyone here wants to know, are you married?”

“No,” says Frankie, “I’m not married. I met the right woman a long time ago. It wasn’t meant to be.”

“Lucky for me,” says Jack.

Abby asks Maggie, “Frankie has family here. Don’t you think it’s weird he came here first.”

“Not really,” says Maggie, “We thought your mom and Frankie were going to get married.”

Frankie says he’s really happy for Jack and Jen, “You must be happy you’ll get to see your son grow up.”

“Lets talk about you,” says Jack, “what do you do for a living?”

Oh, just like everyone else in Salem, I never really go to work, but when I do, I’m a lawyer. We take on jobs like graft, mail fraud, identity theft. And, unlike Mickey, I’ve actually won a case or two.” Patrick stares.

Frankie adds, “And my little brother enjoys life in the fast lane. He likes to push the limits.”

“Are you cool with what we just did,” asks Max.

“Yeah, we didn’t really have sex, right, just made out,” says Chelsea.

Max asks, “Anyone tell you you’re a great kisser? If you want to go further any time...”

“I’m saving myself,” says Chelsea.

“For the guy you said you were after? I’m not into relationships,” says Max.

“We should be getting back,” says Chelsea.

Jack leaves to make Frankie a burger.

Frankie tells Jennifer Jack is a great guy. She’s lucky. She’s so happy to see him. When she was in high school she was miserable but then she met him.

“Quite a pair,” says Alice.

Flashback to high school. Faucet emergency. Shirtless Frankie. Candlelight. Dancing. Romancing. “Please tell me you’re going to stay in Salem for a little while,” says Jennifer.

“I haven’t made any plans yet,” says Frankie, “First, I have to track down Max.” Jennifer invites him to stay with them. Jack comes in and tells Frankie he and Max can, “crash, no pun intended, in the garage.”

Abby asks Jack if he is jealous of Jennifer and Frankie. Jack insists he isn’t. “It’s weird to think of mom with someone else – ever,” says Abby. Jack has a quizzical look. Abby leaves.

Marlena comes up to Jack and says, “Tell Jennifer the truth about your condition.”

Jack says, “I can’t.”

Jennifer introduces Patrick and Frankie.

“Lockhart,” says Frankie, “Your name sounds familiar.”

“Maybe it was in your work,” says Jack, “You know, working with grifters, con men.”

Max and Chelsea finally get back.

“Hey bro,” says Max, “What’s up.”

“I dunno, you tell me.”

Abby drags Chelsea out for a blow-by-blow.

“We stopped by the lake,” says Chelsea.

Noooooo waaaaaay. What happened?”

“He parked the car and we started kissing,” says Chelsea, “I could tell he wanted to have sex.”

“Did you,” asks Abby.

Maggie tells Marlena Mickey didn’t come because he is staying with Bonnie. Mimi was sentenced to 15-20. Patrick is listening and about has a heart attack.

“You have to forget about me,” says Mimi.

Big Bertha interrupts,
Time's up.

“I’m coming back,” says Rex.

“No,” says Mimi, “I never want to see you again. Besides, I'll be somebody else's bitch in prison.

Phillip says, “I think you misunderstood. If I were you I would want Belle back too. The only thing that has changed is you have stopped lying about my wife. I’m glad it’s out in the open. The question is, Belle, how do you feel? Who do you want to spend your future with, me or Shawn?” Belle’s head spins.

Chelsea says they didn’t go that far, “I said I was saving myself for Patrick.” She whispers to Abby.

Abby drops her jaw, “You what?!

Frankie grills Max, “I hope nothing sexual happened with her. You could get in trouble.”

“Frankie, she’s 18.”

Frankie says, “We know you’re the love 'em and leave ‘em type.”

“You loved Jennifer and left her,” says Max.

Jack speculates Frankie can help him nail Lockhart.

Jennifer tells him to give it a rest.

Patrick has reached Bonnie’s voice mail, “Mom, how come nobody told me Mimi was getting sentenced today? She’ll never survive Statesville. Call me.”

“Find another woman to love and have a family,” says Mimi.

“You are the only one I will ever love,” says Rex. They kiss. “Never forget how much I love you.” On his way out, Rex turns and takes one final look at Mimi, then leaves.

“It’s over, Meems,” she says to herself, “That’s the last time you will ever see Rex.”

Mimi broods in jail, “Come on Mimi, get a grip. You can do this.” She calls the guard, “Is there any way I can refuse to see a visitor?”

“It’s your choice,” bellows Bertha.

Mimi says, “So if I give you a name...”

“Yep.”

“Will you put Rex Brady’s name on the list,” asks Mimi.

Rex has instantly teleported back to his apartment. Patrick is at the door, “What the hell’s up with Mimi?”

Rex says, “It doesn’t surprise me your mom didn’t tell you. I wish I knew what was going on. She got the maximum sentence. I know she’s innocent but she won’t fight.”

“Fine,” says Patrick, “We'll fight for her.”

Rex suggests, “Let’s work together on this.”

Phillip asks Belle again. Belle looks at Shawn. Phillip grabs her hand, “I know we’re putting you on the spot. Before you decide I want to tell you I love you. We know I’m not the same man you married.”

“Of course you are, Phillip,” says Belle.

“I lost my leg,” says Phillip, “I won’t be able to do all the things I promised you I would do. Your life will never be the same but I will love you just as much if not more. I will always love you. Can you love me as I am now or would you rather be free to be with Shawn?” Belle stares.

Belle is slient. Phillip rambles. History lesson. Belle twirls her wedding ring.

“You must miss John and Belle terribly now,” says Maggie.

“I do,” says Marlena, “But Shawn is Belle’s one true love.”

“And they belong together,” says Maggie, “First love, true love.”

Marlena flashes back to the love nest, “Relationships are so complicated.”

“I’d much rather not have to compete for my love with another woman,” says Maggie.

Jack wants Lockhart out of their lives.

“He left without saying goodbye,” says Jennifer, “Maybe we can go set up the garage apartment for Max and Frankie.”

“Yeah,” says Jack, “I think they would be an improvement.”

“Why did you follow me to Salem? Are you checking up on me,” asks Max.

Frankie says, “When I heard you were coming back here I knew it was only a matter of time before you got yourself into trouble. And I was right.”

“I can’t believe it,” says Abby.

“God, Abby,” says Chelsea, “It isn’t like having sex. Everybody does it.”

“Not me,” says Abby.

Chelsea says, “What is this really about? Are you jealous of me?”

“No,” says Abby, “I’m not jealous. What you and Max did was disgusting. I’ve heard other girls at school talk about that, and it is way more than making out.”

Frankie doesn’t want Max to hurt any of these good people. Max wants Frankie to get off his back.

Jennifer talks Max and Frankie into staying for just one night.

Jack asks Marlena, “Now what am I gonna do. How am I gonna tell her I’m dying?”

Big Bertha tells Mimi it isn't gong to get any better.

“I know,” says Mimi, “I just said goodbye to the man I thought I was gong to spend the rest of my life with. Now I’ll never see him again.”

Rex and Patrick huddle over the computer. Ooooooooo! Rex has created a timeline. That'll crack the case.

Shawn says he can’t just turn his feelings on and off, “I don’t care if you don’t understand because Belle does.”

“When I was away at war,” says Phillip, “you were after my wife. That ends now. Belle, when I asked you to choose before, you chose me. Now that we know what Jan did, maybe you feel different. I will give you a divorce if that’s what you want. Whatever you choose you know I still love you. If you love someone enough you should be willing to set them free. It’s up to you. What do you want?

Belle. Shawn. Belle. FF.


Previews
========

“I knew it,” says Brady as he runs toward the hooded figure, “I knew you’d come back to me.” The figure says, “Stay away from me!” Nicole hides in the background.

Hope says, “It better be good, Brady.” Zack is sitting on Bo’s lap, “It’s gonna be a great surprise, huh?” Zack says, “Yeah,” as they high-five.

“One of you is going to be hurt and I’m sorry about that,” whimpers Belle, “I really am.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got into this late today. And not a minute too soon to save my sanity. HAHAHA

If Phil can't tell from the "looks" that Belch exchange or from the guilty looks on Belle's face that she and Shawn are an item, he's got bigger problems than losing a leg.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs