Thursday, June 16, 2005

Srange Bedfellows

John gives Kate a rose to cheer her up, “I’m thinking about Doc. She just got back and here we are apart again.” Kate didn’t get any sleep last night. John tries to encourage her. “With modern prosthetics Phillip will eventually be able to outrun me.”

“There is one thing,” says Kate, “I think Belle will remain faithful to him.”

Phillip stirs. He sees Belle sleeping in the chair beside him. “Shawn,” she says.

Bo comes in with the mail. He finds a letter for Shawn from Salem Superior Court.

Mimi wanders the streets and broods, “Dr. Evans said I have to tell Rex the truth. I don’t know if I can do that without hurting him more.”

Shawn and Rex talk. Rex can’t get a hold of Mimi. Rex wants to know why Shawn isn’t on the way to Germany. Shawn says he got to the airport and his credit card was rejected. He asks Rex to loan him money. No dice.

Brady gets to Lucas’ apartment. He wants to talk about Chloe and Nicole. Brady has made a decision. He told Nicole he believes her. “What the hell did you do that for,” asks Lucas.

Nicole answers the door. Sami. Sami says, “You were really pushing your luck last night. If I’d wanted to I could have told Brady about Chloe.”

“Then,” says Nicole, “I would have told everyone about Stan, and you’d be in jail.”

Phillip scowls. Belle calls Shawn’s name again. Phillip wakes her. He asks why she was calling to Shawn in her sleep.

Kate says she knew Belle would stand by Phillip. John doesn’t condone what Shawn has done but he knows Shawn loves Belle and is desperate to get her back. Kate thinks Belle doesn’t have any choice but to honor her vows.

“The vows are sacred,” says John.
That’s why I need to renew them with Marlena.

“Or,” asks Kate, “are you just feeling guilty because you broke those vows with me?”

Lucas tells Brady Nicole is an expert at getting him to believe her crap. Brady thinks if Chloe is alive there are more people than Nicole keeping it a secret.

The strange bedfellows continue their conversation. Nicole tells Sami she had to make it look good in front of the boys. She thinks the bit about Sami needing a job was brilliant.

“Yeah,” says Sami, “but you didn’t have to be so nasty about it.”

“Well, you didn’t have to call me a slut,” says Nicole the slut.

“Why, it’s true,” says Sami.

Mimi fanaticizes she told Rex about the abortion. Rex freaks. Mimi decides, “I can never tell him. When I go to jail, he’ll just forget about me instead of hating me forever.”

Rex tells Shawn Phillip needs Belle without him standing over them, “We both know you are doing this for you instead of Belle.”

Shawn says, “I gotta go find some money and get over there.”

Rex says, “Jan kept telling me Mimi had this big secret Mimi was keeping from me.”

Shawn asks, “Why would Mimi do that?”

Rex says, “That’s what I have to find out. Or I’ll lose her forever.”

As Shawn leaves he bumps into Mimi coming to see Rex. “I sure hope you have some answers,” says Shawn.

Mimi says, “Rex, there is something I have to tell you and it can’t wait.” Have we heard that before?

Bo and Hope wonder what the letter from the court is all about. Bo decides to open it. Hope objects, but Bo rationalizes. He tears it open, “It’s worse than I thought.” Shawn’s application to the Evil Knievel fan club has been rejected.

John says “You and I have nothing to feel guilty about. When I made love to you and asked you to marry me, we both thought Roman and Marlena were dead. It’s only natural they would be closer when being held by Tony. I’m sure there is nothing romantic about it. I’m glad they were there for each other. I stole Roman’s life from him once already.”

“The DiMeras did that,” says Kate.

John says, “Roman comes back, I’m supposed to step aside. Right. What do I do? I make love to his wife knowing we were breaking their wedding vows. I corrupted her.”

“You and Marlena fell in love,” says Kate, “I don’t’ think there is anything wrong with that. Actually your marriage vows are invalid right now. Marlena has been declared dead.”

“We’re going to renew them,” says John. “Maybe you and Roman should do the same thing. Roman might even live through it this time.”

Belle tells Phillip Shawn is concerned about both of them. Phillip asks if Belle called Shawn’s name because he is a whole man.

Brady says if Chloe is alive, Nancy and Craig have been lying to him. He can’t figure it out, “I’m lulling Nicole into a false sense of security. Maybe she will slip up.” He asks Lucas, “Have you figured out a way to get Sami to tell you the truth about her involvement with Tony?”

“I don’t know,” says Lucas, “I think maybe Sami was a victim just like we all were. If I ever see Stan again I’ll tear him limb form limb.”

“Save a piece for me,” says Brady, “I gotta go.” Brady leaves

“Nicole, you are going to need all the luck you can get.” says Lucas.

Sami and Nicole discuss their pact. Nicole reminds Sami she is in the clear, “Everything is back to normal. Brady believes Chloe is dead.”

Sami says, “I still need help making sure no one finds out I am Stan.”

“Tell me something. If I don’t’ need your help why should I help you,” asks Nicole.

Bo says Shawn is going to trial for his motorcycle stunt. Shawn comes in. He asks for money, “I need a plane fare. I need to be with Belle.”

“Like hell you do,” says Bo.

Belle tells Phillip he can’t start to feel like less of a man because of his injury, “I’m your wife. I’m here to stay. Right by your side.”

“I shouldn’t be taking it out on you,” says Phillip.

Belle says, “You don’t have to stay strong for me. You have to be completely honest with me.”

“I know how important that is to you,” says Phillip, “I love you so much.”

Kate and John come in. John offers to buy Belle a cup of coffee so Kate and Phillip can catch up on things.

“Roman and Marlena are alive,” asks Phillip, “I’m so happy for you.”

“Thanks,” says Kate, “John and I were talking and we decided when we get back we’ll all renew our wedding vows.”

“Great idea, Mom.”

“I’ve missed time with you,” says Kate.

Phillip says, “We have Tony to thank for that. I want him caught and punished.”

“I know he will be,” says Kate. She thinks, “And so will Shawn. Then he will leave you and Belle alone.”

Bo tells Shawn “You’re not going over there. End of story. Your court date has been moved up.”

“That’s not a big deal,” says Shawn.

Bo says, “You leave right now and you’ll be violating the terms of your bail. I am sick and tired of your cavalier attitude. I’m calling Mickey. Maybe he can talk some sense into you.” Bo leaves.

“Mom you have to help me out. I have to be with Belle,” says the Cavalier.

Rex wants to know why Jan and Mimi got into a fight in the first place, but he’s not going to even ask. The answer won’t change anything. The only thing that will help is if Mimi fights the charges against her.

“I can’t do that,” says Mimi, “The simple truth is I’m not hiding anything.”

Rex wants to know, “Why did you and Jan get into a fight then?”

“Because she’s a hateful person,” says Mimi, “I deserve to go to jail.”

“You do not,” says Rex, “But you’re lying about not having anything to hide.”

Sami says, “I think you’re on a slippery slope with Brady. One mistake and you could wind up on your ass. I don’t want to help you but we’re joined at the hip whether we like it or not.”

“All right,” says Nicole, “Fine. Let’s shake on it.” They hear Brady coming home. Sami hides behind the drapes just like a character in a Shakespeare play. Only without the good writing and plot development. Brady wants to know what’s going on.

Nicole says, “Nothing. I’m just waiting for you to come home so I can do this...” She kisses him.

Brady says, “I just wanted to tell you again that I believe you that Chloe is dead. That must’ve been a recording of Chloe’s’ voice. I’m sorry I doubted you. I’ll just talk to Nancy and all my doubts will be erased.”

“What,” asks Nicole, “You can’t talk to Nancy.”

Phillip thinks it’s wonderful Kate and Roman are getting a second chance, “Now you’ll be able to spend all the days of your lives together. Belle loves me. I know it now. Our vows will last a lifetime.”

Kate thinks she and Roman will have a double ceremony with John and Marlena, “But we will wait till you can be there.”

Phillip says, “I’m afraid my recovery may take a long, long time. We can drag this one out until there is a new generation of viewers to torture with Belle whining about not being able to be with Shawn until I get home from the war, not being able to be with Shawn until I’m over my injury, not being able to be with Shawn until the test results are back from my gerontologist.”

John asks Belle, “What about Shawn?” Belle stares.

Hope asks what Shawn wants from her. “Money,” he says, “I need to get over to Germany. I should be there right now. Mom, you have to help me.” Hope hugs Shawn.

Mimi tells Rex there are things she has been keeping from him. “It really doesn’t matter,” says Rex.

Mimi says, “You keep saying that. What are you up to?”

“Let’s just say by the time I’m through, you’ll change your mind. I’m going to make another lame music video.”

Phillip knows eventually he will get over this, but it could be months before he goes home.

Kate says, “John has made some phone calls and pulled some strings. Ordinarily, you’d be recovering at Walter Reed Hospital. But instead, you’ll be doing your recovery back in Salem.”

Phillip says, “This is great news. Belle doesn’t have to ever leave me again.”

“I’m going to be with Phillip as long as he needs me,” says Belle, “I look at you and Mom and I see what a marriage should be. I want to be someone Phillip can count on and trust. My place is with him. Shawn just will have to understand.”

Hope says Bo would go ballistic if she gave Shawn money, “Your father loves you and wants the best for you just as I do.”

Shawn begs, “Then will you help me? I swear this will turn my life around.”

Hope says, “If I do it, you have to swear you will be back in time for your trial.”

“Mom, I swear,” says Shawn, “I’ll be in touch 24-7.”

Hope gives him her debit card.

Bo comes in as Shawn rushes out.

Bo asks if Hope gave him the money. “Come on, Hope,” he whines, “Why did you do that?” Hope stares.

Brady asks why he shouldn’t call Nancy. Nicole says it would upset her, “You don’t want to give her false hope.”

Brady says, “I guess you’re right. The problem is I already left a message for her.”

“Brady you have to call her back and make something up,” says Nicole.

“I have to go to the office,” says Brady, “I’ll call her there. Will I see you there?”

“I haven’t decided yet.”

“All right, I’ll talk to you soon,” he says as he leaves.

Sami comes out from her hiding place, “Well, well Nicole you might need my help after all.”

Outside, Brady says, “Either Nicole will panic and lead me to Chloe, or Nancy will tell me the truth.”

“If Brady talks to Nancy he will know I am lying,” says Nicole.

“There is only one thing you can do,” says Sami, “Get rid of Chloe.”


Previews
========

Rex to Mimi: "You're going to be a fantastic mother. Are you sure you want to throw all that away?" Mimi: "I already have."

Marlena: "That's right. It isn't John's baby."

Belle to John and Kate: "You two will be back together [I'm assuming she means John & Marlena], the way it's supposed to be and we can forget this year ever happened." John and Kate give each other "a look".

Billie is at Bo & Hope's door. Bo, "Let's just find out what she wants." Hope, "Fine, then she can get the hell out. The sooner the better." Billie just stands there and smirks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs