Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Never Ending Tale Of Woe

The girl tosses a couple darts into the dartboard, walks up and pulls them out. She turns around, joins her boyfriend and they walk in front of Lucas. Lucas checks her out big-time. At least, I don’t think he’s looking at the boyfriend. He goes to the bar and tells Brady, “I don’t get it. You told me you were sure Chloe was alive, that you heard her voice on the phone. What happened?”

“I must’ve been wrong,” says Brady, “Nicole had a good point – if Chloe was alive, she’d contact me.”

“Ah,” says Lucas, “Nicole – you can’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I made a huge mistake by getting involved with her and you are doing the same thing.”

Brady says, “You’re making a huge mistake by letting Sami into your life again.” Lucas stares.

Sami goes through her purse. Nicole walks up behind her and says, “Stan.” Sami turns, “AHA,” Says Nicole, “I knew it. And I can’t wait to tell everyone your dirty little secret.” The gals go outside to talk.

Sami tries to worm her way out of it. She tells Nicole she’s just edgy, “I just came back from a war zone, for God’s sake.”

“Sami,” says Nicole, “I know the truth. I talked to Tony. You’ve been outted, and I wonder what Mommy and Daddy would say if they knew.”

Marlena tells her assistant she wants the test results. The assistant leaves. More tummy grabbing. She thinks maybe the test results will show what’s wrong with her. Mimi comes in and asks if Marlena has a few minutes, “Oh, of course I do. You do know it’s $225 per hour plus expenses, don’t you?”

Mimi announces, “I just ruined Rex’ whole life.”

Rex stares and remembers his conversation with Mimi, “How can this be happening.” Loud music blares. Rex goes up to check it out. On the roof, we find levelheaded Shawn rearranging the furniture. As he tosses a couple chairs Rex asks what his problem is.”

Besides this defective piece of gray matter I call a brain,” says Shawn, “Phillip went out and got his leg blown off.” Rex says there was nothing they could have done. Phillip was determined to go get his leg blown off and it’s that same determination which will get him through this.

Shawn asks, “And what about Belle?”

”Belle is gonna be there to help him.”

“Awjeezyammermumble.”

“Aw, come on Shawn,” says Rex, “don’t tell me you didn’t think she’d go over there.”

“Yeah,” says Shawn, “but if I don’t do something, I’m gonna lose her for good.” And we know whatever he does will be well-planned, thoroughly thought out and responsible.

U.S. MIMITARY HOSPITAL, WIESBADEN, GERMANY. John, Kate and Belle stare into Phillip’s room, and then walk in. Phillip is unconscious on the bed. Kate caresses his cheek. Phillip sees her blurry figure, “Mom?”

“I’m here, sweetie. And guess what, there’s someone else here to see you,” says Kate.

Phillip sees Belle through the blur, “Belle? I missed you so much.”

“I missed you, too,” whines Belle.

“I can’t wait till we get home,” says Phillip, “I’m going to carry you across the threshold, and we can have a real honeymoon.”

Oh, the shock! Belle whispers to Kate, “He doesn’t know.”

“She’s going through hell right now and I want to be with her,” says Shawn.

“You can’t be,” says Rex.

Shawn asks, “What would you do if all of a sudden you couldn’t be with Mimi any more, would you just let her go to prison for the rest of her life?” Rex stares.

Marlena just can’t imagine what Mimi could have done to ruin Rex’ life. She wants the whole story. This may take awhile. Mimi starts by dropping the abortion bomb on Marlena.

Belle tells Phillip she’s there for him, but he drops off. John says, “I think he’s all worn out from the surgery and the drugs. Why don’t we give him some time to rest, and I’ll go scout around and see if I can dig up some of those drugs myself.”

They go outside. John gives them a reassuring hug. Dr. Gage comes up. He tells them they did everything they could to save Phillip’s leg. He is extremely lucky to be alive, “Phillip doesn’t know about his leg yet. He’s pretty heavily medicated and isn’t cognizant of much. When he wakes up, I’ll tell him about his leg.”

Belle says, “You can’t do that.”

Mimi’s tale continues. She was pregnant, but they weren’t ready to have a kid yet. She panicked, had the abortion, there were complications and now she can never have children of her own. Marlena thinks Rex loves her deeply and if she just tells him the truth, he’ll forgive her and things will be just peachy. But, of course, there’s more, “On my wedding day, instead of walking down the aisle, I’ll be walking into a jail cell where I will spend all the days of my life.”

Rex says, “I have lost Mimi, and there’s nothin’ I can do about it. Mimi plead guilty to the attempted murder of Jan Spears.”

“Whatthhuhmumble.”

Rex says, “When Jan came out of her coma she accused Mimi and Mimi plead guilty.”

“Whywouldshemumblemumble?”

“I don’t know. I’ve asked her a million times and she won’t tell me why.”

“Aw, man,” says Shawn, “I’ll bet I know why.” Rex stares.

Lucas tells Brady he has to check out Nicole’s motives. Brady tells him Nicole has a good point. If Chloe’s alive she hasn’t come to him and neither has her parents.

“If Chloe’s alive,” says Lucas, “Think about who stands to lose the most – Nicole. You could be making the biggest mistake of your life.”

Nicole tells Sami Tony called and said Stan was here tonight, “And it didn’t take me long to figure out it had to be you.” Smile.

“It’s not like I had a choice,” says Sami, “They were all his ideas.”

“Well, you went along with it,” says Nicole, “How could you team up with your family’s sworn enemy.”

Sami says, “I had to get REVENGE on a couple people. Kate set me up. I had to get back at her in a way that would really hurt.”

Nicole says, “Well, I’ve had it in for Kate myself, but even I wouldn’t go to bed with Tony DiMera. Even I have some scruples.”

“I didn’t know it was Tony at first,” says Sami, “And when I found out he was out to hurt Lucas and the guys I double-crossed him and that’s why he’s out to get me right now. I could get back together with Lucas but Tony is holding what I did as Stan over my head.”

Mimi’s never ending tale of woe continues. After the fight, Jan accused her. Her statement is on tape, Mimi has pleaded guilty because the abortion shocker would come out in a trial and it’s all over. “OMG,” says Marlena, “Rex must be devastated.”

“That’s why I came here,” says Mimi, “I know you turned out not to be his mom, but can you help him through this? I’m scared to be with him. I’m worried I might tell him about the abortion, and then things would be worse.”

Shawn figures Mimi is pleading guilty because Jan is holding something over her head. He thinks Rex should make Mimi take a mulligan on her guilty plea. Rex needs to fight for Mimi like Shawn is fighting for Belle, “Only right now I’m afraid of losing her.”

Rex says, “If Belle does the right thing, you just might.”

Belle says she wants to be the one to tell Phillip about his leg. Kate says she will be there with her but conveniently the Dr. advises only one person should be there with Phillip at a time. Belle gets elected. Belle goes in with Phillip. Kate doesn’t know how Belle will get through this. “She’ll be all right,” says John, “She’s her mother’s daughter.”

Phillip stirs, “Hey beautiful.”

“Baby,” says Belle, “There’s something important I have to tell you.”

Rex tells Shawn Belle will honor her vows to Phillip now more than ever. Shawn gets sarcastic about Rex supporting Mimi. Rex swears he’d do anything to get Mimi out of this nightmare.

Marlena tells Mimi if she really loves Rex she needs to tell him the truth. Mimi doesn’t want Rex to know the truth because she doesn’t want to hurt him. Marlena flashes back to her love-nest with Roman. Mimi asks if it is always best to tell the truth. Marlena scowls.

Brady thinks Lucas is right. If there is a chance Chloe is alive, he ought to be out there looking for her. Somehow Lucas works the conversation into a disbelief that Sami is working for Tony. That would be going too far. “Going too far,” says Brady, “is Sami’s way of getting what she wants.” Lucas stares.

Sami says, “You didn’t think I’d let you run over me without squealing, did you, Nicole. I mean, how long have you been lying to Brady about Chloe being alive? And that’s not the worst part. I would never do what you did to Chloe – sabotaging her surgery. That’s sick.”

Nicole goes wide-eyed, “You put me up to it! And I just made sure the instruments were dirty. It’s not like I took the knife to her myself.”

“Yeah, Brady will understand that. He’ll never look at you again,” says Sami.

Nicole tells her, “You have more to lose if Lucas finds out you were Stan. You almost had him and his buddies killed. You could do hard time over that.”

Sami says, “It seems like we’re at an impasse. If I go down, you’re going with me. If you breathe one word about the Stan thing, you’ll be in the cell next to me.”

Lucas and Brady have a go-round over Sami. Lucas thinks she saved them. Brady thinks it’s because of her they got captured in the first place. Brady thinks she was working for Tony the whole time. Lucas drags Nicole into it. She would do anything to get what she wants.

The lovely ladies in question are outside exchanging threats. Nicole decides they are in a stalemate.

Shawn encourages Rex to fight for Mimi. He decides he’s going to fly over to Germany to be with Belle. Rex can’t let him do that.

There is a lot of head-shaking going on as we peer into Phillips room. Oh, the anguish! He wants to see it, or where it was, that is. Belle doesn’t think that’s a good idea. John holds the hysterical Kate back while spouting hospital rules about only one visitor at a time.

Belle tells Phillip, “You’ll be OK. There is so much the doctors can do.”

“Then,” says Phillip, “Maybe they can sew it back on!” Belle doesn’t think so.

Shawn is determined. He’s headed for Germany. He isn’t going to get in the way of Phillip’s recovery, but he isn’t giving up Belle either.

Mimi asks, “Dr. Evans, have you ever had to keep a secret from someone you loved?” Ho boy. Mimi apologizes for prying, “besides I already know the answer. You’re too good a person to do something like that.”

“Unfortunately,” says Marlena, “I can’t always follow my own advice. But in your case, I think you have to tell Rex.”

Kate is devastated. Phillip will never be the same again. John assures Kate Phillip is strong. Belle will be there to help him through this. She won’t leave him. She’ll do the right thing.

Phillip says he can still feel his leg. It’s not gone. But Belle is there. He is glad to see her face. He loves her so much. Hug.

Sami and Nicole keep it up. Nicole says, “Looks like we’re in the same boat. You want Lucas, I want to keep Brady, and the only way we’re going to get what we want is if we work together.”

Lucas and Brady see Sami and Nicole out talking. “What’s that all about,” says Lucas, “They hate each other.”

“I don’t know,” says Brady, “but it can’t be good.”

Nicole and Sami decide they don’t like each other, but they have to protect each other. They go to shake on it, but the boys interrupt.

Kate hopes Belle does the right thing, “He needs her desperately.”

“I know my daughter,” says John, “She’ll be there for him all the way.”

Phillip begs Belle to promise she won’t leave him.

“I am not going anywhere,” says Belle, “I promise.” That seals the deal. They will drag this out until Phillip’s leg grows back.

Shawn is packing. Rex thinks this is a mistake. Shawn leaves. Rex sits down and says, “If there is a way to get Mimi out of this mess, I’ll find it.”

“Mimi,” says Marlena, “you have to trust me. The truth is the only thing that can set you free.” That, and a lawyer better than Mickey.

“Secrets have a way of coming out,” says Marlena as she kind of hitches. Mimi asks if something is wrong. Marlena tells her she feels a little nauseous, “It’s probably just a little bug.”

When I was pregnant,” says Mimi, “I felt like that every day.” Marlena stares.

Mimi gets up to leave. Marlena decides Mimi doesn’t owe her anything, “You came by as a friend, and you actually helped me, too.” Mimi leaves.

Marlena says, “I must take my own advice. I couldn’t tell John when he was detoxing but maybe now. I’ve got to tell him Roman and I made love.”

Ashley comes in with the test results, “Your patient isn’t sick, she’s pregnant.” Yikes.

FF on the pregnant Marlena.


Previews
========

Kate says, “You said I gave you an idea how you can show Marlena how much she means to you?” John says, “I’m going to ask her to marry me all over again. It’ll be like a new beginning for all of us.”

Roman asks Marlena, “Is this what’s got you so upset – this pregnancy test?”

Belle tells Phillip, “I have a surprise for you. One I think you’re going to like a lot.”

Lucas tells Sami, “Cut the crap. What’s really going on between you and Nicole?”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Drag this thing out until Phillip's leg grows back." Man, do you have that right!!

They are going to muttermumblesputterfritz until we could care less. HAHAHAHAHA

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I was just relishing the pic of Belle again and I could swear she's in a dentist's chair. The blanket up under her chin looks like the spit-catcher they put around your neck while they are drilling away. HAHAHA

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

<< I could swear she's in a dentist's chair >> Maybe they're going to drill for gray matter.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“You’re making a huge mistake by letting Sami into your life again.” Lucas stares.

c'mon lucas hehe

it is interesting bud how and or why sami was over there by tonys neato bunker, and then there's the get back together with sami again, judging from last time's duration you should be together with sami this time lucas.....oh about twelve seconds :D hellbent in ft lauderdale

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs