Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Old Man "Kirukis"

John tries to get Kate to eat. “I know things appear a little bleak, but he survived a land mine, he’s alive. He’s getting the best medical care.”

“And,” says Kate, “he’s with the woman he loves.”

Belle tries to convince Phillip this could have been a lot worse. Phillip’s not in a good mood. Belle tells him he’s a hero.

Phillip rambles, “I want to thank you sweetheart just for being here. I know it’s a lot to ask, I don’t want to be a burden to you...”

“Stop,” says Belle, “You’re my husband. You are not a burden.”

Sami knows she and Nicole don’t trust each other and can’t work together. Nicole wants them to work together to protect their secrets. They are about to shake on it and the boys interrupt. They want to know what Sami and Nicole are talking about. We get a flashback of Brady and Lucas’ conversation.

The boys press. “All right, I’ll tell you,” says Sami. Nicole goes wide-eyed.

“I’m pregnant,” says Marlena. Flashback to the love nest. “It can’t be true. It must be a mistake.” She calls Ashley to rerun the tests. “What will I do if it’s true? How will I tell John?”

Roman walks in, “Somethin’ wrong, doc?”

Kate finished her soup and we all feel better. John asks if Kate is unhappy Roman and Marlena are back. “No,” she says, “It’s a wonderful thing they are alive. It’s just that it’s awkward.”

John says, “I know what you mean. Marlena and I have found the same thing. I’ve been picking up on vibes. She’s distracted. I can’t help but wonder if something happened between the two of them in the castle.”

Kate says, “No. They wouldn’t...” Oh, yes they would.

“So why can’t I shed this feeling they came back with a deep bond. Deeper than before,” asks John.

Marlena tells Roman she got test results she wasn’t expecting.

Roman came to tell her he has info on Caroline and Victor. They have an eyewitness who says he saw an older couple near the castle. He wonders if Caroline and Victor escaped and Tony got to them before they could get away. They may be captive again. Roman gets a call. He makes notes on the back of the pregnancy test results. He picks it up, “Is this what’s got you so upset – this pregnancy test? Well, that’s no big deal. What would upset me would be if it was yours and it was positive.” Marlena stares.

Phillip and Belle hug. “Honey,” he says, “I have a confession to make. I love hearing you call yourself my wife. Knowing you were waiting for me was the only thing that got me through.” An officer is at the door and wants to talk to Phillip.

The colonel says, “They tell me you saved your buddy's life. The word hero gets thrown around a lot, but you are the real McCoy. When you recover we’ll talk about your future with the Marines. Meantime, I’ll leave this brochure with you and you can look over your options.” He leaves.

“You can look at this later,” says Belle “I have a surprise for you. One I think you’re going to like a lot. Like, I mean if it can be Mickey, Bonnie and Maggie, why not Belle, Phillip and Shawn?

Sami says “You and Lucas are right. There is no way I would talk to this slut unless I needed something. I asked Nicole for a job at Titan. I’m desperate. Your mother fired me and I need a job.”

Nicole says, “Well you can forget working at Titan. I wouldn’t hire you.”

“Neither would I,” says Brady.

Nicole asks, “Who are you to be calling me a slut, anyway?”

Sami the diplomat says, “You are a slut and an opportunist bitch. You didn't wait for Old Man Kirukis to get cold before you started doing his grandson.” That does it. She’ll get the job for sure now.

“You called him Old Man ‘Kirukis.’ Stan pronounced it just like that.” says Brady.

Kate thinks it’s only natural that Roman and Marlena grew closer during their captivity. They have children together.

“You are probably right. And I’m sure it’s upsetting to her how close we got,” says John.

Kate says, “Close is an understatement isn’t it? We’ve all been through hell this past year. Things will get back on track when we get back to Salem.”

John has an epiphany, “You just gave me a great idea. I’m going to go make a phone call.”

“You’d make a great cop,” says Marlena

Roman says, “Looks like the results of a pregnancy test. Sorry I scribbled on it. Shouldn’t your patient be happy?”

“It’s complicated, Roman. It’s not the best time for this pregnancy.”

He asks, “What about her partner?”

“That’s part of the complication,” says Marlena.

Well, she told him she just got test results she didn’t expect. I guess this dud can’t put two and two together. Roman tells her, “It sounds like there are two men in her life. Kind of like when you were pregnant with Belle. Let’s get back to Caroline and Victor. Aside from the eyewitness, you could be the key to bringing them home.”

Sami says Stan probably picked up the pronunciation when they were being held prisoner. Nicole doesn’t think hiring Sami is a good idea.

Brady takes Nicole aside. He’s not interested in Sami. He needs to find Chloe. He flashes back to his conversation with Lucas, “You’re right, Nicole,” he says.

Lucas tells Sami, “Cut the crap! What’s really going on between you and Nicole?”

Belle gives Phillip a DVD player with a DVD Rex made. It’s the Belle and Phillip music video. It won’t make the top 10. Wonderful One plays as we see tender scenes of their relationship. Interesting how Rex got the pictures when no one was there with a camera. Phillip goes berserk and smashes it against the wall.

Colonel Cochran finds Kate, “You sure raised a fine young man. We’re very proud of Phillip. Losing a leg is a heavy price to pay. Phillip will need a lot of support from you and Belle.”

Kate says, “Colonel, I appreciate your interest in my son. He will receive all the help and support he needs.”

“Give me a call if you need anything,” says the colonel. He leaves. We really had some time to kill in this episode.

Kate says to herself, “Yes, Phillip will have a rich full life, especially if Shawn winds up in jail.”

Roman asks if Marlena remembers Tony or Bart talking about another hiding place. Except for the islands, Marlena doesn't know of any place. The islands are under ISA surveillance. Roman will go ask Lexie. Marlena suggests he go talk to Patrick also.

John calls her. Roman is slack jawed in the background. John says, “Listen, Doc, I called because I didn’t like the way I left things. I shouldn’t have asked if you’d rather be with Roman.”

Roman burns himself while he’s playing with the hot water dispenser. “DAMN,” he shouts.

John asks, “Roman? Is he there with you?” Marlena stares.

Sami asks Lucas, “Why do you always think I am up to something?”

Lucas reacts, “Is that a serious question? I was almost married to you and I was married to Nicole. I know you both pretty well.”

“Maybe we were comparing notes on how good a lover you are,” says Sami.

“You never told me how you got over there,” he says.

Sami flashes back to putting on the Stan-the-man disguise.

“What’s the whole story,” asks Lucas, “What were you doing in the desert?”

Brady tells Nicole he just heard what he wanted to hear but, he obviously didn’t hear Chloe’s voice.

“Why are you freaking out like that,” asks Belle.

Phillip says, “You think it’s easy seeing the man I used to be?”

“You losing a leg doesn’t diminish who you are. You will get past this,” says Belle.

“I’m not so sure.”

“I am,” she says, “You are unbelievably strong. Not just physically strong, but you have the strength of character to get through this.”

Phillip broods, “The reality is I am never going to dance with my wife again.”

The doc rushes in. He’s going to give Phillip a sedative. Phillip yells, “I don’t need a sedative I need my damn leg back.”

The doc takes Belle out for a chat. She tells him about the DVD. The doc says Phillip’s reaction was normal, “There is something you can do for him but it requires a huge commitment.”

I will do anything I can to help him recover,” says Belle.

The doc says, “What he needs right now is to know you love him. That his loss of a leg doesn’t change the way you feel about him. I’ve seen marriages fall apart when this kind of thing happens. Love and support can help him adjust. It will take time. Lots of time. You need to drag this out forever. You need to keep reminding us over and over again how you can’t leave him because of this injury. It’s a big job, but I know you’re up to it.”

“Absolutely,” says Belle, “I know I can.”

“I love you Brady with all my heart,” says Nicole, “One minute you accept Chloe’s death the next you think she is alive. I thought you had put her to rest.”

“I have. I promise,” says Brady. As they embrace, he thinks, “Lucas is right. You would do anything to keep me from her. But I will find her.”

“Look, Tony is crazy,” says Sami, “I wish I had a better explanation of how I got over there.”

Lucas says, “Bastard Stan. When we find him we’ll get the answers. I’ll get him to tell the truth, then he’s a dead man.”

Marlena tells John Roman is there trying to find out something about Victor and Caroline. John hangs up. She gives Roman an update on Phillip. Roman got a text message from the station. He has to get back to work.

Marlena rereads the report, “What am I gonna do if it is true.”

John tells Kate he was on the phone with doc. Roman was with her. He wanted to know if Marlena remembered anything form when they were in the castle, “They just have a connection because they have a history.”

“And they have children,” says Kate, “You said I gave you an idea how you can show Marlena how much she means to you?”

John says, “I’m going to ask her to marry me all over again. It’ll be like a new beginning for all of us. And then, what the heck, I’ll throw her a baby shower.”

Ashley calls Marlena with the results of the second test,
Your patient is definitely pregnant.

“Ohmygosh,” says Marlena, “I am pregnant with Roman’s child.”

FF on the mother-to-be. Just like yesterday.


Previews
========

Phillip asks Belle, “Why were you calling to Shawn in your sleep?”

John tells Kate, “I need to renew my vows with Marlena.” Kate asks, “Because you broke those vows when you made love to me?”

Shawn says, “I can be back before anyone knows I am gone.” Bo tells him, “I am sick and tired of your cavalier attitude.”

Sami tells Nicole, “There is only one thing left for you to do. Find a way to get rid of Chloe permanently.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again I thank goodness that I have an isolated office and can laugh hyterically over the pictures (three legged race) without my staff thinking I have finally gone over the edge for good!!

And Bo's tired of Jr's cavalier attitude? Where does he think Jr gets it from? (Which is why I call Shawn, "Jr". He's a surly chip off the old, snarly, obnoxious, self-righteous block!) HAHAHAHA

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs