Friday, June 24, 2005

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

The party continues at the Devereaux home. Alice and Maggie have joined us. Marlena is at the door. Jack asks if they can talk later. “Of course,” says Marlena.

Hugs all around. Jennifer asks about news from Germany and Marlena gives them the scoop. They talk about Max. Everyone wonders what is taking them so long. Abby says, “The way Chelsea came on to Max I hope she’s not doing something stupid.”

Chelsea balks. She tells Max, “I think you’re getting the wrong idea about me. We shouldn’t go any further.”

“That’s cool,” he says, “Lets’ go get the ice cream. Oh, man. I just read you all wrong. You’re beautiful. I thought you wanted to have a good time but I guess not.”

“Please don’t get in over your head Chelsea,” says Abby.

Jack tells Jennifer he wants Lockhart gone. Jennifer goes to talk to Patrick.

Patrick packs. Oops, packed all his shirts I guess. Jennifer says, “It’s been wonderful having you here. You’ve been a tremendous help.”

“I hope we can remain friends,” says Patrick.

“I don’t see why not.”

“You husband doesn’t want me near you,” he says.

Jennifer slips and falls into Patrick’s arms. Of course, Jack walks in at this very moment, “Get your hands off my wife.”

Bonnie asks Mickey if there is something he can do.

Mickey reminds her, “Mimi fired me.”

“Which,” says Mimi, “is exactly why I didn’t want anyone here today. Thank God Rex isn’t here.” Rex walks in. Is this show predictable or what.

Kate tees off on Shawn, “I told you to get out.”

Shawn says, “I have to tell Phillip the truth.”

“Like hell you do,” says Kate, “At least listen to Belle. John get him out of here.”

“I’m sorry Kate. I agree with Shawn,” says John.

Kate says, “How can you say that?”

“You can’t keep protecting Phillip,” says John, “I think you’re underestimating your son. He can deal with this.”

Kate says, “He just lost a leg. He needs our support.”

“He’s a marine,” says John, “He’s tough as nails. They need to talk this out right now.” Kate and John go outside to talk alone.

John says, “Phillip will really be hurt if he finds out his mother and wife have been lying to him.”

“I’ve come to count on you,” says Kate, “I'm counting on you now. Please get Shawn out before Phillip comes back.”

Shawn says to Belle, “I have to talk to Phillip. I have to do it today. If I get back on that plane I will lose you forever.”

Jack goes berserk. Jennifer tries to explain. Jack says, “The guy is half naked. He’s conning you.”

Patrick chimes in, “Don’t take it out on Jennifer.”

“Don’t tell me how to behave with my wife,” says Jack, “Go put your shirt on.” Patrick leaves.

Jennifer says, “I understand you don’t like him but he was a tremendous help to me while you were gone.”

“I hate the idea he was here taking my place,” says Jack.

Jennifer insists, “He was not taking your place. Patrick is moving out. I promise you that.” Jack flashes back to Lexie giving him the death sentence. He hugs Jennifer.

“What’s wrong, Jack,” she asks.

“I just need to kiss my wife that’s all.”

Jennifer tells him, “You have no idea how happy I am to have you home and have a family again.”

“Nobody knows how much I appreciate a family,” says Jack.

“We have so much to look forward to,” says Jennifer.

Rex is there because he loves Mimi and is not giving up on her.

Judge Karen Fitzpatrick makes her grand entrance, “I have reviewed the DA’s recommendation and the letters from family and friends. After due deliberation I have made my decision. Will the defendant please rise.


Patrick talks to Bonnie's voice mail, “I’m worried about Mimi.” Abby comes out. She tells Patrick she’s worried about Chelsea.

Patrick says, “Chelsea seemed pretty impressed with that guy. I’m sure she insisted on taking the long way home so everyone can see her with Max Brady.”

“I hope that’s all they are doing,” says Abby.

Chelsea asks herself, “What is my problem? I’m with Max Brady. I’m acting like some 12 year old.” Max comes back with the ice cream. They have to get back before it melts.

“We’re cool, right,” he asks.

“We’re cool,” she says, “Wait, before we go, there’s something I want to ask. It’s kind of personal.”

Jennifer asks Abby, “No Max and Chelsea yet?”

“No.”

Jennifer says, “I guess he’s doesn’t drive so fast after all.”

“I’ll bet he’s fast,” says Abby.

The group talks about Jennifer and Frankie Brady, “It was completely innocent she says.” She turns to Abby, “Which is the way it’s supposed to be in high school, remember that.”

Maggie asks, “Didn’t Max have emotional problems.” HA! Was he from Salem? Why waste your breath asking?

“He didn't speak,” says Marlena, “When he moved in with Shawn and Caroline, he found his voice.”

Jennifer and Abby talk about how great it is to have Jack back. Jennifer is never letting him leave again.

Marlena goes out with Jack. He tells her he’s dying. She doesn’t know what to say. He hasn’t told Jennifer. He can’t.

He doesn’t know how he got this rare blood disease, “I’m sorry for laying this on you but I have to talk to somebody. The thought of getting back is what kept me going.”

Marlena says, “There were times I almost gave up hope, but I didn’t. You can’t give up either. You have to start by telling Jennifer the truth.”

“No,” says Jack, “It will break their hearts. I’m not going to tell them for as long as possible.”

“You’re making a terrible mistake,” says Marlena.

The judge lectures Mimi, “I take no pleasure in sentencing you. Two young lives have been destroyed.” Fifteen to twenty. As Mimi faints, Bonnie yells, “You can’t do that! My daughter’s innocent.”

Mickey catches Mimi as the judge yells, “Order in the court.” How about sanity in the court?.

Belle just can’t do this to Phillip.

John thinks he and Kate need to stay out of this thing. All Kate wants him to do is stop Shawn from adding to the pain, “Just get him out of the room before Phillip comes back.” John walks in and offers to yank Phillip out.

“How many ways do we have to say it, you are not wanted here,” says Kate.

Phillip wheels in. He tells Shawn, “I’d like you to stay. I have some questions about you and my wife.” I’ll bet this is a fresh discussion we’ve never heard before.

Staredown.

Chelsea asks Max how many girlfriends he has had.

“A lot,” he says.

She asks, “Too many to count? Any of them serious?”

“No,” he says, “How about you? Have you found the right guy?”

“There is this one guy,” says Chelsea, “He doesn’t know I exist.”

“He must be blind,” says Max.

“He’s just older. But I’m not a kid. I’m 18. Keep going straight. Drive to the end of the road.”

Max says, “This dead-ends at the lake – the place they used to call The Petting Zoo.”

“It’s still called that,” says Chelsea.

Jack shows Marlena pictures, “If they can hold on to that happiness I’ll know I’ve done the right thing.”

Marlena says, “Jennifer loves you so. Don’t you think you owe it to her to tell her?”

“She’s been through hell the last year,” says Jack, “She’s just coming out of it. I don’t want to spoil that right now.”

Marlena asks, “What if she loses you and is not prepared? Do you have any idea what that would do to her?”

Mimi comes to, “I just had the worst nightmare. OMG! It’s real!”

Mickey asks the judge to reconsider. Mimi has no prior. The judge took that into consideration. She asks Mimi for a statement.

Never without words or tears, Mimi says she never meant to hurt anyone. Mimi says goodbye but the guards pull her away. Rex says he will always love her.

Phillip says he and Shawn are going to have a man-to-man.

Shawn says, “When I organized the rescue mission I did it for Belle. I wanted her back.”

Marlena continues to work on Jack. If he doesn’t tell Jennifer it will just add to the pain. She has a right to know.

“I’m trying to protect them,” says Jack, “If I could just come back as a guardian angel it would be OK if I died. I sound ridiculous don’t I?”

“No,” says Marlena, “You sound like a man who loves his family. The longer you keep this from your family, the harder it will be to tell them.” So, why would it hurt more to break their hearts next month instead of this month?

Mimi’s in the slammer. She cries,
What am I gonna do. Big Bertha tells her she has a visitor. It’s Rex.

Jack brings in the burgers. Jennifer drags Patrick over. Tension between Jack and Patrick. Jack serves the burgers. Abby worries about Jack and Chelsea.

Jennifer says, “They will be here soon.”

Alice reminds Jennifer she and Frank missed many picnics.

Max stops the car, “Why are we here?”

“Why do you think?”

“The ice cream will melt,” says Max.

“Not that fast,” says Chelsea, “It’s cold and I’m not. I’m not a kid and I know exactly what I am doing.”

Mickey tells Bonnie not to lose heart, “I am going to try some way to get Mimi out of this mess. If only she hadn’t plead guilty. When children grow up we can’t always protect them.”

Bonnie says, “I need you so much. Promise you will never leave me. Mimi doesn’t deserve this.” Hug.

“Ten minutes,” yells Big Bertha.

Mimi tells Rex he shouldn’t have come there, “You can’t hold me any more. This is the last time we will see each other.”

Phillip asks Kate and John to leave.

“If Belle and Shawn break his heart I will never forgive them,” Kate tells John.

Shawn explains why he came to rescue Phillip.

Phillip reminds him, “Belle and I are married.”

“You shouldn’t be because I love her,” says Shawn, “I won’t apologize for wanting her back.”

Max asks Chelsea, “Are you sure you want to do this?” Chelsea says, “Don’t I look sure?” Gentlemen, start your engines.

Cleanup at the Devereaux house. Alice left room for ice cream. Jennifer hopes she will settle for brownies. Doorbell. Frankie shows up. Jennifer is ecstatic.

FF on Jennifer hugging Frankie.


Previews
========

“Why did you follow me to Salem? Are you checking up on me,” says Max. Frankie says, “When I heard you were coming back here I knew it was only a matter of time before you got yourself into trouble. And I was right.”

Chelsea says to Abby, “What is this really about? Are you jealous of me?”

Marlena says, “Tell Jennifer the truth about your condition.” Jack says, “I can’t”

Phillip asks Belle, “Who do you want to spend your future with, me or Shawn?” Belle turns and looks at Shawn.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Jack. He's dying. And, he's got an old flame, Frankie, and a potential flame, Patrick, all descending on Jen at the same time. HAHAHAHA

I think Mimi was probably fainting from relief. I expected a lot longer sentence for attempted murder than 15 to 20.

Also loved the Steeeela/Chloooooe pics!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< Once again everyone thinks I'm crazy for laughing - couldn't help it when I saw Brady and Marlon. >> That is truly our goal here at Prevuze. The crazier we can make people think you are, the more successful we have been. When you finally go over the top and and they haul you away, you qualify to live in Salem.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, I have to ask, was Chelsea saying she is 18 a typo? I thought she was 16, like Abby and the long-lost Georgia?? Or has the Salem Time Warp struck again?? LOVE the Brando/Brady Pics!!!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The litte twit keeps saying she's 18, but she's just trying to make Max think she's old enough to do what he obviously wants to do.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs