Monday, June 13, 2005

The Cake Caper

Chelsea and Abby decorate Jack’s cake. Abby knows it’s hard for Chelsea. Chelsea goes maudlin. Bo and Hope and Jennifer rush in. Jennifer 'splains why the cabin trip fell though. Bo breaks the news about Phillip. Billie comes in, “What Phillip needs is to be with his wife.” We’re going ahead and celebrate anyway. Abby takes the cake from the table and walks in front of the door just as Jack walks in. He bumps into her and the cake flies.

Bonnie comes into Mimi’s apartment looking for her. She sees a glass of wine sitting there, looks around, picks it up and takes a sip. She hears a siren outside, “What if Mimi told Rex, he got angry and left and she threw herself from the fire escape? It’s all my fault. I never should have encouraged Mimi to lie about the abortion. I feel so guilty.”

Patrick walks in, “Good, you should.”

Mimi and Rex are on the roof. Mimi tells him, “I can’t marry you because I am going to jail.”

“No way,” says Rex, “Am I on one of those candid camera shows?”

“No,” says Mimi, “I’m serious.”

“What could you possibly have done,” asks Rex.

“Something bad,” says Mimi. Well, that covers it. Rex scowls.

Marlena tells John, “The fact is, if I hadn’t been tricked by the DiMeras, I’d still be married to Roman.”

John asks, “Are you saying you still want to be with him?”

“No,” says Marlena, “I’m saying the DiMera’s have a way of wreaking havoc on lives.”

John says, “The two of us never would have gotten together. We never would have had Belle. Is that what you want?”

Kate says to no one in particular, “My friend the judge may help. My problem wasn't with Belle, it was with Shawn.”

“Do you regret how you treated her,” asks Roman.

“Yes,” says Kate.

“So what are you going to do about it?”

Shawn asks how long Belle will be gone

“As long as it takes to get Phillip home,” says Belle, “I need to be there for him. It’s the only way he will get better.”

“Belle is right Shawn,” says Kate.

Marlena asks if John is asking if she would turn back the clock. She tells him, “No, of course not. I love you. I love our family.”

He apologizes for not knowing what she was talking about, “I’m sorry. Of course I don’t’ doubt that. Forgive me.”

Marlena says, “There is nothing to forgive. We’re just under so much pressure.”

Kate and Belle don’t want to argue (any more). “I should have never flown off the handle,” says Kate, “All I want is for Phillip to be better.”

“That’s all I want too,” says Belle. Hug.

Marlena watches, “That’s a very good sign,” she says.

“We’ve gotta get moving,” says John.

Kate and Roman say goodbye. Belle and Marlena say goodbye. Shawn and Belle. John and Marlena. Ricky and Lucy.

Shawn and Belle are alone outside. Belle assures Shawn it’s going to be all right. He will miss her. The group walks out and sees them hugging. Group Gasp.

Jack asks if this is his birthday cake. It was his birthday cake. He is so sorry. Jennifer wants to make another. Jack wants to eat it off the floor.

Bo gets a call and leaves. Hope tells Billie she is sorry about Phillip. Billie thinks it's good Belle is going over there. Hope thinks it’s the worst thing in the world.

Rex asks what Mimi was charged with.

“Attempted murder,” she says.

John and Kate are on the plane. “My God, he’s lost a leg,” says Kate. I just hope I can see Tony again. I could kill him with my bare hands.”

“Don’t worry,” says John, “We will find him. And when we do I will let you kill him with your bare hands.”

Belle leaves to make a quick call.

John thanks Kate for making a truce with Belle. Kate thinks Belle and Shawn can be together. She thinks, “If my plan works, and we can get Shawn out of the way, they will.”

Mimi starts to tell Rex but Max interrupts. Good. They got someone in the scene who can think straight, anyway. Bonnie rushes in and asks if she has told Rex. Bonnie drags her off for a little talk. Rex asks Patrick what is going on, but Patrick thinks Mimi should tell him.

“Are you prepared to tell Rex you got rid of his baby,” asks Bonnie.

Marlena is going to stick around awhile. Roman will wait for her. She asks Shawn to talk with her, “I really get what you’re going through. This is hard for everyone, but you’re suffering, too.”

Shawn tells her, “I would give anything to make things right. Kate doesn’t see how horrible I feel about what happened to Phillip.”

“Especially since you were best buds,” says Marlena.

“Until we both fell in love with your daughter. Now I am so afraid I will lose Belle to him,” says Shawn.

The cake crew goes back into action. Jack tastes a glob of icing, “It needs a little something. More sugar.” He kisses Jennifer. Abby apologizes to Chelsea. We continue to clown around while Chelsea broods. She leaves.

Billie accuses Hope of wanting Shawn to be with Belle. Hope thinks the trip to Germany will give Phillip false expectations. Billie thinks the odds are in Phillip’s favor with Belle. He’s a hero. Bo walks in and asks what is going on.

Shawn answers the phone. It’s Belle, “I just wanted to tell you I love you and am committed to making thinks work out.”

Roman can’t reach Specter. Marlena knows how eager he is for news about Victor and Caroline. Marlena swoons. She thinks it’s just exhaustion. She is worried about Belle, “It’s a tough situation. Just like what I went through with you and John.”

The plane is in the air. John checks on Belle. He tells Kate she’s been through hell. He has pain, but thinks he’s got it under control now, “Actually the pain is the least of my worries right now. Marlena and I are fine. We were just having this strange conversation. Has Roman said anything to you that would make you wonder if he and Marlena have grown closer?”

“He hasn’t said anything but I wouldn’t be surprised,” says Kate, “They were held captive alone in the castle for months.”

John says, “Marlena said something about still being with Roman if the DiMera’s hadn’t altered our lives.”

“That’s odd, but it’s true,” says Kate.

“Just the mere fact that she brought it up. There was this wistfulness for what they used to have together,” says John.

Kate says, “I think you are reading too much into it. They didn’t know if they were going to die there together.”

John says, “Tony supplied them with a closed circuit feed of everything going on in Salem.”

Kate gasps, “You aren’t saying they watched us making love?”

“I don’t know.”

Kate says, “OMG. OMG. No. They couldn’t have. They would have said something.”

Belle sleeps. Belle dreams about Shawn. The good times. Shawn accusing her. His absence, his moving on with Jan. She’s a lying slut. She hates him. Not as much as he hates her. Phillip and her. She wants to move forward with him. Her reconciliation with Shawn. The phone conversation with Phillip. Toss turn. She cries, “Phillip!” John and Kate turn. Belch.

The cake caper continues. They notice Chelsea is gone.

Chelsea says, “My life sucks. Abby has a perfect family and mine is dead. Where are my matches?”

Billie tees off, “Hope accuses me of trying to break up your marriage when that’s what she is trying to do with Belle and Phillip. You are such a hypocrite.”

Billie runs out and asks Chelsea if she really wants to light up.

Bonnie storms out. Mimi tells Rex, “I am ready to tell you everything.”

“What is going on,” asks Rex, “Who did you try to kill?”

“Jan spears.”

“We will fight this thing. We will prove you are innocent,” he says.

“Too late,” says Mimi, “I have already confessed.”

Everyone sings happy birthday to Jack. He already has his wish - they are all together. He hopes Phillip comes home soon. They all blow out the candles. Now Abby broods, “I guess Chelsea went for a walk.” Hope says she is out with Billie.

Billie gives Chelsea (and us) the smoking lecture. She smoked when she was her age until she met a cute boy who wouldn’t kiss a girl who smoked.

“OK,” says Chelsea, “I get it. Smoking is bad. You’re not my mom. I just want to be alone.” Billie leaves. Chelsea tries to light up, but can’t get the match lit.

They all finish the cake. Billie comes in and Abby asks if Chelsea is OK. Billie thinks so. Jack swoons. Maybe he’s pregnant, too.

Mimi tells Rex she is guilty. Rex tells her there are other choices. “Not for me,” says Mimi, as she runs off.

Rex catches her, “Why won’t you fight for us?”

“There is no us. I am going to jail. We’re through.”

Roman gets a call. He has to get back down to the station. He asks if Marlena is OK. She will stay there. Roman leaves. Marlena gets up, drops her bottle of water and rubs her tummy.

John checks on Belle. He tells Kate, “I know how conflicted she’s feeling. She has some tough decisions ahead of her. He leaves to talk to the pilot and see if he can get an ETA.” The rest of the passengers just check their itineraries for the ETA.

Kate thinks, “I know how difficult this is for you, Belle. When you see Phillip again I hope you will realize how important he is to you.”

Belle dreams of Phillip. “Phillip,” she says, “Why am I kissing Phillip?”

FF on Kate soaking it in.


Previews
========

The tape messed up on me. This is all I could get:

“Going too far is Sami’s way of getting exactly what she wants,” says Brady.

Phillip says, “I’m going to carry you across the threshold, sweetheart.” Belle says, “He doesn’t know.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! That was close. The thought of trying to get through a Monday without Prevuze was freaking me out! Thank goodness you're back. I can only imagine the heroic efforts it took, recovering from the lightening strike. And without Rex or Tec to help you out!!

Phantom of the (Soap) Opera....HAHAHAHAHAHA!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty anal about wanting to watch the show fresh; never look at top row of checkout mags, (ie sod, etc) never look at next on days of lives (mold is a reality-no it's not-(take me to my) safe place - safe place safe place!), never look at PREVUZ the day before;)...or whatever.

my chat page is down can you tell?

ahem tho good shows huh:P? um so then that puts you two months back when you ...(unspoken by ob gyn -were gettin poked by who was it marmar, roro?:D) then quickly, i understand. now, since stefano marlena and john in a boat one would have to watch ALOT of days to see good ole diedre preggie weggie!! and we thought mimi and sexy rexy had the market cornered:D guess who else is preggie, patrick and/or beau and billie;)

belle called shawn, sigh to bad he's fackin it up goin to the germany!

billie standing in hopes living room really chewwin her behind, wow i though hope was gonna take billies head off, and may soon, CATFIGHT!

enough ranting thanks prevuz peeps

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs