Monday, January 04, 2010

Vile And Disgusting Things

Justin finds Hope in the Kiriakis mansion hallway. Hope apologizes for getting him kicked out but he says it's not her fault. Justin heads up to get more boxes of the stuff he's taking with him. Bo shows up to pick up Ciara. He asks about the boxes. Justin comes back and tells him he's moving out.

Troy meets with Mr. Sleazy, "I want this quick, I want it clean, I want it final."

"That's what I do," says Mr. Sleazy.

Troy gives him a picture of Arianna, "Here's your target."

Arianna closes the pub.

Brady shows up at Sami's place. Rafe answers, invites him in and says he'll go get Sami. Brady walks over to a table and finds a big note from Sami saying she has gone out. It looks like the ever-observant G-Man missed another clue.

Sami meets EJ outside the Java Café. EJ pulls out an envelope, "I have another letter from the kidnapper."

Sami and EJ have moved into the Java Café. EJ pulls the note out and reads, "Follow these instruction to the letter and number if you want to see your daughter again. Sami comes completely unglued. "Calm down," says EJ.

"I'm calm," she panics, "but what are we supposed to do?"

EJ looks at the note, "010510 — that's today."

Sami hyperventilates, "And the next numbers are 081500 – That's 8:15... that's fifteen minutes from now. What the hell are we supposed to do in fifteen minutes?"

"I don't know," says EJ, "But at least we have time for another vanilla latte."

They look at the next set of numbers: 39457N90326W

"What the hell is that," blithers Sami, "I'm calling Rafe." EJ forbids it.

Justin carries his stuff out. Bo and Hope have a staredown and then Hope tells him Victor kicked Justin out. Bo asks why, "Did something happen between the two of you?"

"Yes," says Hope, "and you knew that, didn't you?"

Brady says he went to see Nicole. Rafe isn't impressed, "And if my sister gets hurt, I'm coming after you."

"No problem," says Brady, "I don't plan to go anywhere near Gabi."

Mr. Sleazy checks out Arianna's picture, "Hey, she's pretty hot. How about some fun and games before we ice her?"

"No," says Troy, "I want you to make it look like a robbery."

Gabi comes downstairs. She and Arianna talk about Gabi's first day at Salem High. Before school starts, however, Gabi has agreed to help Arianna with the inventory. She starts to head to the kitchen, but gets a call from Chad. Gabi and Chad agree to meet at the Java Café. Gabi scoots, leaving Arianna to do the inventory all by herself.

Sami and EJ bicker. Sami babbles, "We have to do this for Sydney, EJ."

"You're acting like some hysterical mother."

"I'm not hysterical," insists the hysterical mother.

"Well, I don't want you involving your bloody boyfriend," says EJ. He looks at the numbers and goes back to ciphering.

Bo and Hope move their bickering into the den. He tells her Vivian spilled the beans about the kiss. Hope is desperate. She sees a copy of the Guy Manual sitting on the desk, picks it up and turns to the chapter on lame excuses. She picks one at random, "It's not what you're thinking."

Brady arrives at the pub. He walks in and chastises Arianna for not locking the door. He thinks the more people know about her undercover operation the more danger she is in. Arianna tells him the saga of Troy's lost phone.

EJ thinks the numbers are longitude and latitude. Sami continues to panic. EJ gets out his handy-dandy iPhone and translates the coordinates, "At 8:15, we have to be 200 yards that way." They rush out.

EJ and Sami zip past Gabi. She watches them go, "Was that Sami Brady?"

Tim arrives at Sami's place. He and Rafe go through the fist, butt and head butting guy ritual and then Rafe asks if the bureau has something new on Sydney's case.

Bo asks about Justin kissing her. "He didn't kiss me," says Hope, "I kissed him. But it was..."

Bo interrupts, "Did you do it out of spite? Is that what I should be thinking?"

Arianna insists Troy isn't a threat and says the cops have her back. Brady, ever vigilant to make sure he says the wrong thing at the wrong time, tells her he went to see Nicole.

Mr. Sleazy looks in on Brady and Arianna. He calls Troy, "You said she'd be alone. There is a dude with her, now what? ...OK."

Tim the real G-Man tells Rafe the dishonorably discharged and disgraced G-Man there are no new leads. "Then what is this about," asks Rafe.

"This is all about Sydney," says Tim.

EJ and Sami arrive at the pier. Unaware that a GPS can be inaccurate by a few feet, EJ runs off the end of the dock. Suddenly, they notice a big yellow ribbon tied to a post.

Hope says, "Any more, I don't know what I feel. I'm confused."

"Confused," repeats Bo, "I can relate to that."

"How did we get here," whines Hope.

"It started," says Bo, "when one half of us moved out and we lost our chance to work out our problems." Hope wonders if they could have solved things if Carly wouldn't have entered the picture. Bo wants to know what he should have done or said to fix things, "The bottom line is you walked out. So tell me, what should I have said?"

"I wanted you to ask me never to go against my instincts again and I wanted to hear you say you're sorry for what you did," says Hope. Bo thinks if they had paid the ransom, the kidnappers would have killed Ciara. Hope says he can't know that for sure, "I also wanted you to say you still don't have feelings for Carly. You didn't and all I'm left with is no matter how many years there was Bo and Hope, the reality has been a part of you always belonged to Carly."

"Yeah," says Bo, "The part you keep walking out on."

Brady says the main reason he went to see Nicole is so she would keep trying to help them find Sydney. Arianna says she hopes that happens. Big of her, isn't it?

EJ finds a bag attached to the end of the yellow ribbon. He unzips it and finds a phone inside. Right on cue, the phone rings. Anna asks to speak to Sydney's mother. Sami yanks the phone from EJ. The voice on her end is disguised. Anna assures her Sydney is fine as Sami goes off the deep end.

"Listen carefully," says Anna, "I want to talk woman to woman-child... Mother to mother."

"You're a mother," gasps Sami, "How could you do this?"

Anna fires back, "I've heard about you. How could you do the vile and disgusting things you have done in your life? Sydney will never come home unless you do something for me."

Arianna and Brady decide to celebrate their own private New Year's Eve. They smooch as Gabi walks in. Gabi sees the display and starts to leave, but Brady and Arianna clean up their act and tell her to stay. Gabi tells Arianna Chad bought her a latte, "So... was that a date."

"Let's see," says Arianna, "Chad works there, the coffee was free... and you weren't in the back seat of his car... nope. That doesn't count as a date." Arianna heads back to the kitchen to start helping with the inventory. So if EJ and Sami are in contact with Anna it's at least 8:15, but Gabi has time to take inventory before school. I sure wish my school would have had hours like that.

Brady decides to help with the inventory. Arianna says she wants time alone with Gabi so she can give her the lowdown on Chad's reputation. Brady leaves, but cautions her to lock the door. Mr. Sleazy watches and stalks, "Alone at last."

Bo and Hope are back in the hall. Hope tells him if Carly will be a part of his life her big secret hurts Ciara in any way she will act. Bo insists he would die before he let anything happen to Ciara. Ciara arrives, Bo scoops her up and they leave.

Anna tells Sami the negotiations Will be exclusively between the two of them, "Mother to mother... heart to heart (assuming you have one), And you will no one about these negotiations."

Rafe calls. Sami vows not to tell anyone and watches her other phone as it rings.

Rafe leaves a message, "Hey, Sami. I've got big news. First, the FBI reinstated me. Second, the homeland security threat level just went to red. Call me when you get this."

Mr. Sleazy watches Arianna. He sees Gabi walk in, "Oh, for God's sake!"

Gabi shows Arianna the traditional Epiphany cake their mom has sent. Arianna remembers being alone and in prison last year, "But this year I have you, Rafe, all my friends and a job at a pub that serves food worse than the stuff I got in the penitentiary. Now you and I have to have a little chitchat about Chad."

"He's a good guy," says Gabi, "Please don't give me a sex education lecture."

Speaking of sex education, did you happen to see those 'Tweets' on New Year's Eve...


Arianna gets a call. Troy tells her they have to meet and she needs to be alone. Arianna hangs up and tosses Gabi out. Gabi leaves and Mr. Sleazy moves in.

Justin comes into the den and asks Hope what's up with Bo. She says Vivian told him about the kiss. She apologizes for everything. "I'm just sorry I won't be here to watch your back," says Justin, "Or the rest of you. Whatever you need, just call me."

Bo is at Maggie's. He says Maggie's heart was in the right place on Christmas, but her mouth, as usual, overruled. Maggie tells him she and Mickey have resolved to spend some time together. She's the last person on earth to discover he hasn't been around much. She tells him they've decided to take a cruise and to spend more time together when they get back. This moves her right into a lecture about Bo and Hope's relationship, or what's left of it.

Sami promises not to tell. Anna says she knows about Sami's boyfriend and warns her to keep him out of it, "If you break your promise Sydney will disappear forever."

"You mean without any babysitting charges," asks Sami.

Anna reels off her demands, "I want five million dollars. Cash. And a dozen jumbo-packs of Pampers. When I get that, you'll get further instructions. You've got 24 hours." Sami wants her to prove Sydney is still alive. Anna hands Sydney the phone. Sydney babbles. Actually she's a little more coherent than Sami.

"One more thing," says Sydney, "My stomach is a little upset. You'd better hurry with those Pampers."

Everyone hangs up. Sami turns on the spigots. EJ assures her he will get the money.

Hope tells Justin she just can't think of any other cover they could have used for their escapade in Vivian's room. Justin thinks that cover was just fine. Hope says she didn't want to lead Justin on. "I knew what it was," says Justin, "But maybe someday it will be more than that."

Bo tells Maggie if he could fix his marriage he would have done it by now. Maggie tells him she and Mickey have worked things out in the past because they realized they needed each other. She advises him to start small to rebuild things.

Gabi meets Brady at the Java Café. She tells him some work thing came up with Arianna and she'll get he lecture about Chad later.

Back at the pub, salsa music plays as Mr. Sleazy walks in. Arianna boogies in blissful oblivion.

Sami staggers back into her apartment. She looks at a picture of Sydney and apologizes for letting this happen to her, "I lied to Rafe and now I don't know if I can trust him." Rafe comes out and sees the fountain of tears. Sami tells him she's OK. He wonders where she has been. She just tells him she left the apartment because she has a lot going on.

Rafe says, "There is something I have to tell you..."

Of course, a ringing phone interrupts the big news. In Salem, if you have something important to say and a phone rings and you don't immediately pick it up, it's a major felony.

Rafe wanders off. Sami mumbles, "Oh God, Rafe, there is something I have to tell you too."

EJ paces in the rumpus room and talks on the phone, "I want five million ready when I get there! I don't care what it takes."

He hangs up and gets another call, "What? How? Impossible! I ordered that pizza an hour ago. What do you mean it won't be here in time for lunch? "


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


21 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

First three cheers for half naked men on DOOL. The poster was um - hmm - enlightening?

Mr. Sleazy watches Arianna. He sees Gabi walk in, "Oh, for God's sake!" Oh Mr. Sleazy I am right there with you. I say get two Hernandez for the price of one.

I am confused by the NYE tweets, wish I knew who the actor was. Still can't wrap my um brain around the starfish position.

I am going to be boiling mad cuz me thinks EJ is the kidnapper. Nice DOOL writers way to screw up another storyline.

Kids are finally back to school today and I am also off to work after a two week break, sigh, and the entire Hernandez clan is once again front and center in another DOOL episode.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much Hernandez kill the Hernandez !! lol

Ah James Scott as the charming, alf-naked new neighbour Ej Wells..good old times..

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Troy meets with Mr. Sleazy.

Once again, Prevuze has provided an appropriate moniker for yet another nameless DOOL scum ball.

Troy gives him a picture of Arianna, "Here's your target."

…and that’s also where she buys those terrific outfits.

Bo asks why, "Did something happen between the two of you?"

"Yes," says Hope, "and you knew that, didn't you?"

Bo is obviously better with clues than Rafe.

Sami and EJ bicker.

Instead staying at the mansion where they could have fought to their hearts’ content, EJ and Sami move their battle to the Java Café where anyone could over hear them.

So if EJ and Sami are in contact with Anna it's at least 8:15, but Gabi has time to take inventory before school. I sure wish my school would have had hours like that.

Exactly Prevuze - I also was thinking there was an awfully strange timeline going on here. Didn’t Sami get the text from EJ just after the New Year was rung in? Sami would have been rushing over to the mansion on New Year’s Day. Instead of New Year’s Day, it’s 1/5/10, Chad is dispensing lattes instead of attending school, Tim is giving Rafe early morning confidential FBI information, and a hit man who doesn’t sleep until noon is plotting with Troy. Good gravy!

Arianna remembers being alone and in prison last year.

For someone who has done time in the big house, Arianna should be a tad more understanding of Brady’s concern for Nicole.

Hope tells Justin she just can't think of any other cover they could have used for their escapade in Vivian's room. Justin thinks that cover was just fine.

I bet he does.

Hmmm - Half naked men and the starfish position. What a way to start off the first work day of the New Year!!! Prevuze I am most appreciative that you chose to use a photo of my favorite DOOL half naked man but I will have to Google “starfish position” to figure out that one. Do I dare do that at work? I think not. Better wait until I get home. LOL!!!

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I saw the NYE tweets and thought at the time they were kinda strange. Galen Gering's tweets usually aren't like that. Maybe he was celebrating just a tad too much. Anyway, I watched Dick Clark and although his condition used to bother me some when he first came back it didn't this time. We thought it was kind of nice he was still a part of it and he was obviously enjoying it.

Hope says "I wanted to hear you say you're sorry for what you did." Oh, please! What you REALLY want him to say is you were right and he was wrong.

Mickey and Maggie have resolved to spend some time together. Oh the foreboding angst!

Loved Abe's proclamation and my favorite: Unaware that a GPS can be inaccurate by a few feet, EJ runs off the end of the pier. That one still has me giggling. HAHAHAHA

Great Prevuze for a very cold, snowy Monday. Thanks! :D

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noticed a couple of things..Maggie picked up a picture of Mickey and herself. The picture was John Clark,not Kevin Dobson. Also the flashback with the red shoes was with John Clark. Anyone know if John is reprising the role of Mickey Horton?

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love his the way his jerky fans defend him. If Dick cant do his job he should pack it in. I could say the same thing about someone's half assed "acting" Dick had a stroke what is Galen's excuse for sucking at his job?? So they should fire him for too. Its only fair according to their own words. LOL

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Judith said...

I think EJ may have miscalculated his GPS position, but the Days writers may have located a sense of humour: 39 45.7 N 90 32.6 W is in a farmer's field just outside Bluffs, IL.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

She sees a copy of the Guy Manual sitting on the desk, picks it up and turns to the chapter on lame excuses. She picks one at random, "It's not what you're thinking."

The Guy Manual shouldn't be left around for just anyone to pick up, especially if that someone is a female. I've heard men can lose their Guy Card for that kind of indiscretion.

I'm with Bulldog, Unaware that a GPS can be inaccurate by a few feet, EJ runs off the end of the dock, had me LOL.

I sure wish my school would have had hours like that.

That’s exactly what I was thinking back when Gabi had time to run off and meet Chad for coffee. And now she has time for inventory?

In Salem, if you have something important to say and a phone rings and you don't immediately pick it up, it's a major felony.

Of course, given the SPD's record of incompetence, the offender would never get caught so they should try letting calls go to voicemail once in a while.

The Melip picture was another LOL moment. And, I have one question for Prevuze, (the best geography blog on the Internet®) - what location do those coordinates actually refer to?

Monday and a full five-day work week begins. Only Prevuze will get me through it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

And, in the time it took me to post that comment, I see Judith supplied the answer to my coordinate question. Thanks!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't say I care for all the half-naked men. :|

"I have another letter from the kidnapper."
Argh! I thought this was over with.

They look at the next set of numbers: 39457N90326W

"What the hell is that," blithers Sami

Really, I'd expect some savvy from Sami, she belongs to a family of kidnappers, cops and secret agents.

EJ thinks the numbers are longitude and latitude.
Oh, really!

Suddenly, they notice a big yellow ribbon tied to a post.
I like that this is some sort of hide-and-seek game for them.

"How did we get here," whines Hope.
How oblivious we are.

"I wanted you to ask me never to go against my instincts again and I wanted to hear you say you're sorry for what you did,"
Haha. Wow. "I wanted you to say you were wrong and I was right, even though you were right and I was wrong!"

Hope is lovely.

Bo insists he would die before he let anything happen to Ciara.
Foreshadowing? If only Hope said it instead.

"I want five million dollars. Cash.
That is so absurd, I don't even know what to say.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Cookala said...

Brady shows up at Sami's place. Rafe answers, invites him in and says he'll go get Sami. Brady walks over to a table and finds a big note from Sami saying she has gone out. It looks like the ever-observant G-Man missed another clue.

Tim the real G-Man tells Rafe the dishonorably discharged and disgraced G-Man there are no new leads.


LMAO! Yep, Rafe is a regular genius!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Suddenly, they notice a big yellow ribbon tied to a post.
I like that this is some sort of hide-and-seek game for them.

Klaus - I thought Anna was channeling Tony Orlando and Dawn. Instead of tying the yellow ribbon round the old oak tree, it was tied to a post that probably has been christened by every dog within a one mile radius.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The newest edition (1/12/10) of Soap Opera Digest says that they are killing Mickey off so that Maggie can have a bigger story line. I think that is why they are using the stuff with John Clarke.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous I Challenge You To A DOOL said...

"…and that’s also where she buys those terrific outfits."

Me-yow, Leslie! Love it!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Salem PD really needs to spend some of their kickback money and get video surveillance cameras for that pier. They ought to have police there all day everyday LOL. Any numbskull would run to the pier if something happened in that town.

I am sick of this whole Sydney routine.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous closed said...

Well Said! and thank you. I felt the same way. @DaysChatter

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Now I can't get that stupid yellow ribbon song out of my head!!

Word verification: nemnetzs. I'm not even gonna go there.....

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word verification: nemnetzs. I'm not even gonna go there.....

And in so saying, Bulldog, you made us all go there. LOLOLOL

Word Verification: Yangthe "You must be talking about the Yanthe River," said the lisping guide. (Has nothing to do with DAZE. Just couldn't help myself.)

KOTU

3:21 PM  
Anonymous M J said...

Anonymous said...
Noticed a couple of things ... Maggie picked up a picture of Mickey and herself. The picture was John Clark,not Kevin Dobson. Also the flashback with the red shoes was with John Clark. Anyone know if John is reprising the role of Mickey Horton?"

No John Clarke is not coming back. He retired in 2004, after nearly 40 years playing Mickey. Suzanne Rodgers (Maggie) said in a recent interview that he's seen upcoming scripts sent to him. Likes the way things are being handled. Had no desire to return. Has health issues.

With the way the story is to go in the next couple of weeks, there really is no reason to have 'Mickey' come back.

And, since there is going to be a time of remembering, it seems only right that they're going back to Clarke's time as Mickey ... look at all those years of film/tape they have for flashbacks! They finally made a good choice!

John Ingle, a good actor misused, took over during the 2 yrs of the 'Bonnie' era after Clarke left. and Dobson was on the show ... what 2 or 3 times? Not much to work with in either quantity or quality when it comes to remembering with either of these 'Mickey' recasts.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs