Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sluts

Note: Our satellite equipment is still not working. Norris the satellite guru is scheduled, but couldn't book us until Friday. This posting is for the show that will air in the US today:

Phillip and Melanie stand in the park and give each other the once-over. Melanie stammers, "I thought you went home."

"I did," says Phillip, "but then things became clear."

"Like, what does that mean," asks Melanie.

"I was home... I was horny... I was alone. Not a good combination," Phillip moves in and plants one on her.

Melanie pushes him away, "I can't..."

Phillip is undaunted and dives in for seconds.

SLAP

Paramedics rush up to tend to Melanie. You don't slap a face made out of tungsten and walk away without severe injuries.

Stephanie and Nathan get back to the Cheatin' Heart. Stephanie orders drinks and doctors the doctor's facial injuries. No tungsten here.

Arianna is shocked, just shocked I tell you, that Brady found cocaine on the pub floor.

Mr. Sucker arrives back at the shack where Bonnie tells him Ciara is a pain in the butt. "Yep," says Mr. Sucker, "That proves she's Bo and Hope's kid."

Bo reconnoiters and barks orders. Hope barks orders and reconnoiters. Hope figures the kidnapping was because of the article. She wonders how the kidnappers knew who Ciara was since she wasn't at the park with her and Bo. This makes them figure someone they know took Ciara.

Clyde watches as Bo and Hope talk. Mrs. Irresponsible walks up and says Tracy remembers something important. "Thank heavens," says Bo, "It usually takes a five-year-old to help us solve our cases."

Brady asks if Arianna saw anything suspicions in the pub today. "Yes," says Arianna, "A guy came in for lunch, had chowdah and walked out without getting ptomaine poisoning."

Stephanie says doctors are the worst patients. "And bimbos who don't know squat about medicine are the worst doctors," says Nathan. Stephanie says she thinks Phillip's actions were inexcusable. Nathan thinks she's still in love with Phillip.

Melanie stammers and says she's working on her self-respect and has to stop some of her extracurricular activities, "I can't just walk around kissing boys because I think they are cute. Doing it for money seems a lot more sensible. I want to mean something to the guy."

"You mean a lot to me," says Phillip, "You may be the only person who accepts me for who I am, which is why you are the only one I want to be with."

"You got that from the Guy Manual, didn't you," asks Melanie.

"Word for word," says Phillip. It worked. Face sucking ensues.

Mrs. I apologizes for the abduction. Hope tells her it wasn't her fault, "You were only in charge of the group at the park and were just responsible for the well-being of every child under your care. But you weren't responsible." Mrs. Irresponsible is relieved to hear that. Then Tracy gives her big revelation, that she is the one who gave Ciara the new Tommy Bear. Mrs. I and Tracy walk off. Hope remembers Mr. Sucker as Clyde watches. Hope falls apart because they didn't emphasize enough that Ciara shouldn't talk to strangers.

Bo hugs her, "Don't blame yourself. You're not to blame. Mrs. Irresponsible isn't to blame. We'll pin this one on Ciara."

Arianna tells Brady about her ex who was a druggie, but doesn't want to talk about it. She tells him he can't do anything about the cocaine because of his past.

Victor orders cash for Ciara and makes a call.

Phillip's phone interrupts the festivities. He sees it's Victor and tells Melanie he quit his job.

"That's an important decision," says Melanie.

"I gave it a lot of thought," says Phillip.

"Like... how much," asks Melanie.

"Dad insulted me, a nanosecond passed and I blew up and quit," says Phillip.

Melanie counsels him on being disappointed by fathers and says it's hard to break away and become your own person. Phillip thinks her dad put her through more than his dad puts him through, "You're beautiful, smart, funny. You make me laugh."

"Guy Manual?"

"Guy Manual."

Melanie says she wants him to take her seriously, too. Phillip says he feels liberated now that he's no longer at Titan. She asks about Stephanie. Phillip says it's Melanie he wants to be with, "You saved my life. And you can save it again."

"How?"

"I'm gonna die if I don't get laid."


Stephanie and Nathan talk about the Kiriakis family. Nathan says he doesn't judge her for falling in love with Phillip, "What are we gonna do about Phillip?"

Stephanie says, "I am going to do whatever it takes to forget about him."

"And Max?"

"Same."

"And Jeremy?"

"Same."

"And your racing team pit crew?"

"Same."


Victor is on the phone arranging the money with Heimlich, "I want the cash fast – by morning."

"It's the middle of the night," says Heimlich, "How am I supposed to come up with it by morning?"

"Try the Heimlich maneuver," says Victor.


Victor hangs up and tells Justin he couldn't get hold of Phillip. Justin fixes drinks while they discuss the kidnapping. Justin is right with Victor on this one, "Family is first. Everything else is everything else."

"And bad dialog is bad dialog," says Victor.

All this talk of family has Victor in a rambling mood. He talks about the olive farm in Greece and how badly the Kiriakis family wanted it and finally bought it, "I plan to put the Kiriakis Compound there. Right next to the Prevuze Compound."

Heimlich calls back and tells Victor the money will be ready. "How did you get it," asks Victor.

"Someone coughed it up," says Heimlich.
Victor hangs up. He and Justin head for the OK Corral.

Hope blithers, blathers and sobs. Bo tells her they can't blame themselves. Clyde watches. Hope says her contribution wiped out most of the money she had. "I know," says Bo, "Five mil on a cop's salary. I should think that would wipe it out. And here we are three payments behind on the Ford Granada."

Hope says she suspects the DiMeras, "The DiMeras hate the Bradys and the Kiriakis'. You're both a Brady and a Kiriakis."

"That kind of thing happens on this show," says Bo, "So you think Ciara was taken because of me."

Mr. Sucker and Bonnie try to decide how to handle Ciara, who sleeps.

Bo thinks this caper isn't the DiMera style. Clyde tells them there is a lead.

Nathan thinks being jumped by a maniacal Kiriakis will make a good story for his grandkids. Stephanie says his horrible temper is one reason she can't be with Phillip.

"What's the other reason," asks Nathan.

"My horrible stupidity," says Stephanie.


Melanie, on the other hand, has a couple reasons she CAN be with Phillip. She thinks Phillip is the right guy for her.

Brady gets defensive because he thinks Arianna figures he can't handle being around drugs. Arianna says he misunderstood and insists she can handle this. Brady opens his phone, "OK handle it. Call the cops."

Clyde says they got an amber alert tip. Victor comes up and tells Bo and Hope he arranged the ransom. Bo takes him aside to talk. Inside his office Bo asks Victor about the Kiriakis enemies, and hands him a pad of paper, "Write down the names of every one of your enemies."

"I'll need another pad," says Victor.

Clyde calls Bonnie and gives her an update.

Phillip likes what he hears. He moves in full boat and suggests they take it someplace else.

Prevuze

Arianna flashes back to fixing the potion and says she thinks she shouldn't call the police, "Aren't you a little worried you might be a suspect?" She says she also worries what this would do to the pub's reputation and to Caroline.

Victor is reluctant to cooperate. Bo says he doesn't want a repeat of what happened when Stephanie was taken and Victor butted in, "This is my daughter. I call the shots."

Victor says, "In other words, you don't want her back."

Hope waits on hold, picks up Tommy Bear inside his baggie and has a history-rewriting flashback. She and Bo sit in the park and watch Ciara play. They remember Zack. "He'd be nine today," says Hope.

"Nah," says Bo, "He'd be SORASed to at least sixteen and would be involved in the triangle with Will and Mia and that Chad guy. But now we have our beautiful little girl. You've been given another chance to screw things up."

Hope bawls as Justin comes up and comforts her. Hope vows not to fall apart. Too late. She falls apart again just for good measure. Justin tries to stop the emotional freight train as Bo and Victor walk out of Bo's office. Bo says he wants Victor's word he won't get involved. Victor sidesteps the issue as Clyde walks up and says the lead turned out to be a dead end. Bo and Hope walk back into Bo's office. Hope falls apart again. "I love you," says Bo.

"I love you, too," says Hope, "We're all we've got."

"What about Shawn," asks Bo.

"I don't count my failures," says Hope."


Arianna suddenly says she remembers a strange group that was in the pub today. She tells Brady they used cash, so he conveniently won't have a credit card trail to follow. Brady agrees there is no reason to call the cops.

Arianna asks, "So what about the coke?" Brady stares at it, and rolls up a dollar bill.

Stephanie and Nathan are back in the park. Victor finds them, "Moving on already, I see. You little tramp."

Phillip and Melanie walk into the Motel Sleazebag for their beautiful, meaningful, special moment. Mr. Greasy asks, "Don't I knows youse, buddy?" Phillip hands him a big tip and Mr. Greasy loses his memory.

Mr. Greasy leaves. Phillip turns to Melanie, "I assure you, Stephanie and I are over."

"Guy Manual?"

"Guy Manual."

That's all it takes for Stephanie. Phillip, picks her up, hauls her over to the bed, drops her onto it and dives in.

Brady says, "I used this stuff to numb my pain. I had to. I was married to Chloe. It screwed up my life. I'm never going back to that."

"Maybe you should go back to Chloe instead," says Arianna, "She's in a coma and would probably be a lot more tolerable if she's unconscious." Arianna thinks he's been strong.

"I need to do this myself," says Brady. He walks behind the bar and pours the coke down the sink. Oh, the strength of character!

Nathan tells Victor to back off. Victor comes up with one of his more choice and vintage selections of expletives-deleted to toss back at them, "After the way she treated my son I'll speak to this little slut any way I want." Stephanie tries to jump to Phillip's defense. Victor won't have it, "Phillip disowned his family tonight, you little slut, and you mark the occasion by seducing another man."

Stephanie is shocked, "Phillip did what?"

Phillip has found a way to mark the occasion, too. Apparently, there is no shortage of sluts in Salem. Phillip asks, "Are you sure?" Melanie is sure. Really sure.

Victor tells Stephanie Phillip says breaking the family ties is for good this time, "If you talk to him tell him Ciara has been kidnapped." Stephanie asks for details but Victor turns on his heel and walks off. Nathan and Stephanie wonder what happened.

Bo reminds Hope when they lost Zack they let grief come between them. A phone call interrupts. Bo turns to Clyde and asks him to trace it. Clyde looks down and copies the number from the huge caller-ID display.

Nathan says he has to go tell Maggie about the Ciarasnatching. Stephanie decides she has to go on a Phillip hunt. She makes a call but gets no answer.

Meanwhile, Phillip is doing just fine. Body parts fly across the screen. Some of them fake, some of them real.

Brady gets a call. It's a text from Victor saying there is a family emergency. Arianna thanks him for his help. He tells her she's been honest about her past and she deserves the same from him. Brady leaves. Arianna heads straight for her purse, pulls out a dime bag and stares at it while she makes a call, "Hey, you got an ET on the next shipment? I want as much as you can get."

Victor is back at the mansion. Justin tells him he'll have the money first thing in the morning. Victor wonders who is responsible for the kidnapping and makes threats.

An electronically altered voice on the phone tells Bo and Hope, "We have your daughter."

Hope begs, "Let me speak to her."

"Not until we get our money," says the voice, "She's safe. Unlike poor Zack. If anything happens to her it's on your head."

Hope has a complete breakdown, "Oh dear God, No! No! No!" Clyde watches as Hope completely loses it.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


6 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

"And bad dialog is bad dialog," says Victor. Victor is a wise beyond his many years.

Seriously, this is all they could come up with for a show today? Anyone else wishing the writers would go back on strike besides me?

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Like, what does that mean," asks Melanie.

"I was home... I was horny... I was alone. Not a good combination," Phillip moves in and plants one on her.

Urg! They just had to do it – didn’t they. For some reason, the creative team thinks it’s a good idea to pair an 18-year-old bimbo in training with a high powered quasi sleaze rich daddy’s boy. Spare parts and all, Phillip could do a heck of a lot better.

"You may be the only person who accepts me for who I am, which is why you are the only one I want to be with."

"You got that from the Guy Manual, didn't you," asks Melanie.

"Word for word," says Phillip. It worked. Face sucking ensues.

This is a recurring theme on DOOL – characters wanting acceptance for who they are. Here’s my suggestion. Go to the nearest animal shelter. If it’s unconditional love you’re looking for, leave the shelter with a cat or dog. The only character who never questioned Nicole’s motives was Pookie, and Pookie probably was the only living being that didn’t find Nicole’s penchant for baby talk to be extremely grating.

Hope falls apart because they didn't emphasize enough that Ciara shouldn't talk to strangers.

That’s ridiculous. When Bo dropped Ciara off at the carnival, he’s specifically told her not to talk to strangers. The kid didn’t listen.

Victor orders cash for Ciara and makes a call.

Is that anything like “cash for clunkers”?

Phillip says it's Melanie he wants to be with, "You saved my life. And you can save it again."

"How?"

"I'm gonna die if I don't get laid."

I’m guessing that came from the Guy Manual too.

"It's the middle of the night," says Heimlich, "How am I supposed to come up with it by morning?"

"Try the Heimlich maneuver," says Victor.

Groan!!!

Heimlich calls back and tells Victor the money will be ready. "How did you get it," asks Victor.

"Someone coughed it up," says Heimlich.

Groan part deux!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

When Daze it at its worst, Prevuze is at its best, and this episode sounds dreadful. Good grief! “Sluts” – I wonder how many guys hornier than Phillip will be doing a Google search, open Prevuze, and exclaim “what the bleep?”

5:41 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

This is a recurring theme on DOOL – characters wanting acceptance for who they are.

I want to be accepted for who I am. A blogger with a satellite dish that qualifies for "cash for clunkers."

6:30 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Bulldog - I think it's very auspicious the SPD's last case was solved on my birthday. Especially since 1975 was the last time I officially recognized a birthday. LOL

Loved the escape-proof crib although, with enough motivation, apparently it can be escaped from. And, Philip's "cup of coffee" pic was superb.

Many great prevuisms today. Other than the ones already mentioned I'd like to give a gold star to, Paramedics rush up to tend to Melanie. You don't slap a face made out of tungsten and walk away without severe injuries. And Philip giving a nanosecond of thought before he quit his job.

To be fair, that's about a nano more thought than a lot of characters give their actions.

I must say, that Guy Manual got a good workout today. It's so good it even worked with Mel and she apparently knows all about it.

I won't totally judge Stephanie until I see the episode, but in the recap she seems awfully unconcerned about her little 5-year-old cousin being kidnapped.

Such a relief to find a Prevuze recap this morning.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Arianna said the coke came from a strange group in the pub. In Salem wouldn't this apply to just about everyone? HAHAHAHHA

Just a few of my favorite Prevuisms: "Family is first. Everything else is just everything else." "And bad dialog is bad dialog," says Victor. Amen to that one.

"I plan to put the Kiriakis Compound there. Right next to the Prevuze Compound." Then Norris can tend to their satellite needs, too, in one trip!

And I don't know if this was an unitalicized Prevuism or a real Victorism: "Write down the names of every one of your enemies." "I'll need another pad," says Victor. Sounds like ol' Vic.

"What about Shawn," asks Bo. "I don't count my failures," says Hope.

And last but not least: "Nah," says Bo, "He'd be SORASed to at least sixteen and would be involved in the triangle with Will and Mia and that Chad guy". Actually, next summer's teen storyline will probably be a SORAS'd Zack and Grace, same age, and their Heaven hijinx.


Great Prevuze hijinx today. Thanks! :D

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the number of times the word 'slut' was used, I thought I was reading a re-cap of last nite's Secret Life of the American Teenager episode. I do love me some Victor, though.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs