Thursday, August 06, 2009

Jealousy Is A Real Killer

Kate comes into the pub and meets Lucas. He tells her he's off to the courthouse to make sure Daniel doesn't make bail.

Bo visits Daniel in jail. Daniel says as soon as he makes bail he's off to the hospital to work miracles on Chloe.

EJ rants about Sami. Nicole says, "Sami is already being punished."

"What does that mean," says EJ.

"There is only one reason you'd ask something like that," says Nicole, "and that is you haven't been paying attention for the last umpteen episodes."

Sami arrives back at her place and finds Meredith's mystery letter. She opens and reads.

Mia breaks the big news to Will, "I'm not a virgin."

Will looks over at Chad, "With him?"

A gym attendant finishes taking inventory in the exercise room, "That makes a total of seven treadmills, five stair machines, and four weight stations with a dozen dumbells each, making forty-eight dumbells."

Rafe walks in.

The attendant corrects his inventory, "Make that forty-nine dumbells."

Sami reads, "Emily's death was no accident." Slow down! I just can't keep up with all this new information!

Nicole takes her foot out of her mouth and tries to change the subject. EJ won't have it.

Rafe finds Will and Mia. "Why aren't you at work," asks Will.

"I'm trying to keep a perfect record of losing every job I ever had," says Rafe, "I still would like to get on the force at the SPD, and I might make it someday if I prove myself incompetent enough."

Mia gets all teary-eyed and upset and rushes out. Rafe's juggernaut of a brain goes to work. He turns to Will, "Is something wrong?"

"What tipped you off," asks Will.

"When I offered to drive her somewhere, she almost accepted" says Rafe, "That means she is close to being suicidal."


"Well," says Will, "The fact is I just found out something about Mia and another guy."

Sami reads the letter and has one of her patented breakdowns. She wads it up and throws it in the wastebasket. In record time, Salem's #1 bipolar babe starts eying the trash, flips poles and pulls the letter back out.

Kate tells Lucas he can't speak at the hearing. Lucas doesn't even under the concept that there is actually a place where he can't run his mouth off freely, "If they let that bastard walk they will hear about that from me!" Kate presses and Lucas backs down. Kate gets all happy-happy and suggests doing something together, "I could teach you my brownie recipe and you can share it with Chloe if she gets better." Lucas says he has to go talk to Chloe.

Kate asks, "Talk to Chloe about what?"

Lucas says, "Whether or not I forgive her."

Kate reminds him, "But she can't hear you."

"Why not," asks Lucas, "This is only affecting her feet."

Kate is really confused, "WHAT?"

"Sure," says Lucas, "The doctors told me she's comatoes."


Lexie evaluates Chloe. Translation: I Hope Chloe has a will.

Bo tells Daniel to cool it, "They've decided you can't get out on bail."

Daniel blows his stack, "WHAT! Whatever happened to the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty?'"

"That's a new one on me," says Bo, "But they think you're a flight risk. This cell will be your home until you go to trial. Being married to Hope, I actually envy you."

Rafe thinks it over, "Hmmm... Mia and another guy did something together that has really upset you... whatever could that be..." The rusty wheels turn and Rafe finally figures out Mia slept with the guy. Can you imagine the FBI actually let this investigative genius go? Will says it's not big deal. Rafe says it should be, "Your mom has a history with your dad and EJ and it still gets to me, even though that was before I ever knew her. Jealousy is a real killer. I have to ask myself, am I gonna worry about the past or live in the now. With your mom the answer is easy. Her past is so messed up you have to live in the now." Chad leaves as Rafe tells Will his mom and he are doing OK.

Sami wads, unwads, wads, unwads, reads and huffs. I Hope you haven't been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what's in that letter.

Kate chases Lucas out of the pub, "This is a terrible time for you. I wanna (say it with her) be there for you and help you. I've made a lot of mistakes."

Abe finds Lexie at the nurses' station. He asks about Chloe. "I'm caring for her as best as I can," says Lexie.

"Have they decided where her funeral is going to be," asks Abe. He suggests Lexie check her email.

Nicole says she knows she has a history with Sami, but she thinks Sami just made a mistake, "I know what it's like. I've made mistakes, too."

"My biggest mistake ever," says EJ, "was getting in that elevator."

Mia sits on the ubiquitous park bench and broods. Chad puts a hand on her shoulder.

Sami wrestles with the letter. She finally goes back to reading it. What's left of it, anyway. How many times can you wad up a piece of paper until it turns to dust?

Tender Chad says he doesn't like to see Mia cry. He knows things are his fault and wonders if there is anything he can do, "I wish we could get back together."

"In other words," says Mia, "You're horny."

"Horny as a hormone crazed teenage guy," says Chad.

"You ARE a hormone crazed teenage guy," says Mia.


CENSORED.

EJ wants to know what mistakes Nicole has made. Since the show only lasts an hour, Nicole changes the subject and accuses him of not listening to her. She insists she's on EJ's side, "But how can you be happy if you spend all the Days Of Our Lives hating Sami and going for revenge? I know you suffered when Grace died but it was Sami's loss, too. Why can't that be enough?" EJ says this isn't about Grace. It's about the fact Sami lied. "Why can't you show a little compassion," asks Nicole, "What if it wasn't even her daughter who died?"

Rafe gets back to the Sami's place. Sullen Sami sulks and says, "Tell me it's not true."

Lexie computes is at her laptop. She Googles "Coma" and reads, "Hmmm... so that's what it is." After that, she goes to her email and finds out Theo got into a mainstream school. Abe doesn't think she looks so happy about it. Lexie insists she is. Abe thinks she's worried Theo won't adjust. He says they should give it a chance.

Chad says, "You're a lot of fun to be with."

"After we were together," says Mia, "My life stopped being fun."

Chad says if he had had a choice things would have been different, "I can't change what I did, but I never want to see you cry again."

Mia whines, "I wasn't crying because of you." That's Will's cue. He shows up and we have a three way staredown.

OK. Let's see how Nicole digs her way out of this one. EJ asks, "What do you mean by that?"

"I mean it was a fluke that Grace died," says Nicole, "It could have been anyone's child?" EJ doesn't follow that anymore than we do. "I admit it doesn't make any sense," says Nicole, "but the writers really had to stretch to get that line in the previews yesterday. They wanted to make the viewers think I was going to tell you Grace wasn't Sami's baby."

"It never does," says Nicole, "Except with the viewers who are more brain dead than Chloe." Once again Nicole begs EJ to show Sami a little more compassion.

Sami tells Rafe the letter is from Meredith and she found it when she came in.

Daniel rants, "I spent my life helping people but when you get down to it I'm nothing but a flight risk." Daniel insists he could help Chloe if he got out. He thanks Bo for sticking by him.

"Don't worry," says Bo, "This isn't over."

Out in the audience, Henrietta turns to Maude, "I've got to stop getting my hopes up."

Lucas stands over Chloe's bed, "I'm the moron who thought if I loved you enough you would love me, too. I can't forgive you. It doesn't matter if you live or die. We are dead." Kate watches. Out in the audience, the Lumis party like it's 1999.

Nicole and EJ. Same-o, same-o. EJ thinks there is something up with Nicole, Sydney and Grace. If EJ were any sharper, he'd be a marble.

Rafe asks what's in the letter. Sami blows a gasket, "Is there anything you want to tell me that would make Emily's death not an accident? Why was Emily upset before the wedding? Did she find out something what would hurt your career? Why were you driving reckless? Did you have a huge fight?"

Apparently Meredith's "tell-all" letter left out a few details.

Rafe almost... almost... shows a little emotion, "Are you asking if Emily and I had a huge fight before I killed her?"

Prozacarific adj. – lacking neurotransmitters and/or any brain function resulting in a terminally boring personality most notably embodied by Rafe Hernandez featured in the American soap opera DOOL and the malady is also present in the common tree stump.

(Thanks to Leslie for that enlightening definition)

Kate asks if Lucas is OK. He says he isn't and never will be. He leaves. Kate turns to clueless comatose Chloe, "You made your choices, now you are getting to enjoy the consequences."

Bo gets a call and says he has to leave, "But this isn't over." Almost by magic, Victor shows up. Daniel says he thought Victor had given up on him. Victor says not. He knows Daniel is innocent. Daniel wonders what Victor has been up to that led him to that conclusion.

Will asks Mia if they can talk alone. Chad tells Mia to remember what he said and heads outta Dodge. Will wonders why Mia told him. "I just thought you should know," says Mia.

"All I care about is us," says Will.

"In other words," says Mia, "You're horny, too."

"As horny as a three..."


Ever observant EJ says he knows Nicole is emotional. He claims it's one of the things he loves about her. "Sydney and Grace were born on the same day," says Nicole, "Of course there is a connection." EJ gets a call and mercifully leaves.

Sami and Rafe argue. Sami says she thought she knew Rafe, but wants to know the real story with Emily. "You want answers," yells Rafe, "Here is my last answer!" Rafe walks out.

Will says, "All I care about is what's going on with us now and in the future." Will moves in and kisses her.

Kate is at the Kiriakis mansion on the phone, "Excellent! Thank you!"

Daniel begs for Victor's help.

Meanwhile, Chloe is alone in her room. She whispers, "Daniel..."

EJ is outside on the phone working his business deal as Rafe walks up and watches.

Sami continues to rant. Nicole shows up. Sami tells her Rafe left and collapses into a heap o' tears.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW there was reason why all the girls love Brady. Lets face it, it ain't his intellegence. Loved the censored link bulldog. You made my day. c

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

The recap was histerical today Prevuze! All the censored links and add-lib dialogue, not to mention the funny pics...What would we ever do without Daze??? Thanks for the morning laughs :D

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

A gym attendant finishes taking inventory in the exercise room, "That makes a total of seven treadmills, five stair machines, and four weight stations with a dozen dumbells each, making forty-eight dumbells."

Rafe walks in.

The attendant corrects his inventory, "Make that forty-nine dumbells."

Prevuze, you are toooooooooo much!! I laughed so hard that I’ve had to use several tissues to wipe the tears away!

"Well," says Will, "The fact is I just found out something about Mia and another guy."

Since Sami is his mother, finding out that Mia isn't a virgin should not be some profound life changing moment for Will. Basically, Sami was a child when she gave birth to Will. To be fair, Sami had the emotional stability of a child when she gave birth to the twins and had maturity level of an adolescent at the time of Sydney’s birth. I would like to offer my sincere apologies to children and adolescents everywhere.

Lexie evaluates Chloe. Translation: I Hope Chloe has a will.

Kudos Prevuze – another superb zinger!!

The rusty wheels turn and Rafe finally figures out Mia slept with the guy. Can you imagine the FBI actually let this investigative genius go?

...and Sami has proven he’s not exactly an untouchable either. J. Edgar Hoover must be rolling in his grave.

Will says it's not big deal. Rafe says it should be.

What kind of advice is that to give a kid? Does Rafe ask every woman he dates how many men she has slept with and then demands a comparison chart after romping? Talk about insecure.

EJ thinks there is something up with Nicole, Sydney and Grace. If EJ were any sharper, he'd be a marble.

In Salem, brain dead is a communicable disease.

Ever observant EJ says he knows Nicole is emotional. He claims it's one of the things he loves about her.

Men everywhere are attracted to women who are emotionally challenged and terminally irrational. The DOOL writers have once again brilliantly mirrored reality. As if!

Sami says she thought she knew Rafe.

What? From what we’ve been shown, the only thing Sami knows about Rafe is his romping preferences.

Oh my Bulldog, that was a naughty censored link! Sorry Prevuze I couldn’t open your link but all the Mia/Will pics were hysterical. Kate and her lips – priceless! OK, I admit it. I laughed through the entire recap. Great job Prevuze!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Oh my Bulldog, that was a naughty censored link! Sorry Prevuze I couldn’t open your link

Everything with the link seems to be OK on this end. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if others have problems with it. I'm sorry you missed it but, believe me, Bulldog's pic was far, far and one more for good measure far naughtier, not to mention better.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Loved the "guy hug" picture. I noticed during the episode that Lucas kept his hand in his pocket and could tell he "just wasn't that into" Nathan. lololol

And speaking of bi-polar, what the heck happened with Lucas? Last I saw he was GETTING A CLUE, now he's back with Mommy Dearest and ranting about Dr. Dan???

Prevuze really did let out all the stops today. Besides the zingers already mentioned, I LOL at this one:

"I still would like to get on the force at the SPD, and I might make it someday if I prove myself incompetent enough."

On the other hand:

"Why not," asks Lucas, "This is only affecting her feet." Kate is really confused, "WHAT?" "Sure," says Lucas, "The doctors told me she's comatoes."

Bulldog scored with that censored link. Bad dog, bad [good boy/girl]!.

Thanks the the Thursday boost. One more day!
Prevuze, the most groan-inducing punster on the Internet.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Prevuze!!!! GRRROOAAAANNN!! "Sure," says Lucas, "The doctors told me she's comatoes." That's excellent.

I don't get the first picture - Kate is supposed to look different somehow?? - - HAHAHAHAHAHA

Loved the chain of Willia pictures. I bet you've got a ton of 'em and can continue those for days.

Leslie, great definition to add to the Prevuze dictionary!

"Don't worry," says Bo, "This isn't over." Out in the audience, Henrietta turns to Maude, "I've got to stop getting my hopes up.
Us, too. We've got to accept the fact that none of these storylines even have a bird of a chance of ENDING at the earliest, November sweeps.

So we're only going to get thru with the help of Prevuze. We've almost make it thru this week! Thanks for the laughs today.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Kosher Picklez said...

Applecheeks,

I wondered if I nodded off. I thought Lucas was onto his mom's shenannigans, after all, he helped her perpetuate some of them and now he's all about Dan getting his?

What did I miss?

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Kosher Picklez said...
Applecheeks,

I wondered if I nodded off. I thought Lucas was onto his mom's shenannigans, after all, he helped her perpetuate some of them and now he's all about Dan getting his?

What did I miss?

You missed nothing. The script is missing logic and continuity.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh so late today.

Will says it's not big deal. Rafe says it should be, "Your mom has a history with your dad and EJ and it still gets to me,
So Will exercises good judgment and Rafe vetoes it. What the hell is he, seven??

"Here is my last answer!" Rafe walks out.
How very adult. It seems Rafe has been in Salem too long.

~I'm all for keeping Dan in jail if it lessens Chloe's chances of survival.

~I don't even know what to say about Nicole's and EJ's conversation. I can't even imagine having that conversation in real life. Just wow.

~ A+ for Bulldog's censored pic.

You missed nothing. The script is missing logic and continuity.
Bingo, discontinuity is canon on this show. Which is kind of philosophical. I guess.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs