Monday, August 10, 2009

Bleh

The bad news: It's Monday.

More bad news: I didn't get a feed.

Even more bad news: The problem is our equipment, not the network feed.

Piling on the bad news: Norris, the only C-band satellite repair guy left in the country has already told me he can't fix it.

Once again, the Prevuze satellite equipment has died. This has been a regular occurrence now for over a year. We're just fighting an uphill battle here with state-of-the-art technology. State-of-the-art for 1985, that is.

Without going into a diatribe about what I have tried myself and what I can do to look into the problem, let's just say I will keep trying to do something and I will keep you posted.

Norris and I discussed the poor quality of the DOOL feed the last time he was here. The problem is, everything else seems to be working correctly with the equipment and the only way Norris can look directly at the DOOL feed would be for him to be here when something is coming in on that channel. Since nothing else broadcasts here, it means Norris would have to come in the middle of the night, before the bars close, which for him is prohibitive.

So here's the plan. I will talk to Norris again to see if he has any suggestions. I will also call the company that sold me the new digital equipment last year and see if the people there have any ideas. I will try to do the things I know how to do to see if I can realign the dish or figure out anything else that might be wrong.

In the meantime, if any reader happens to know of a C-Band satellite dish expert, let us hear from you at our email address: :prevuze@gmail.com

The only optimistic note I can offer is that in addition to what may be an alignment problem causing the poor feed, this may be weather related, and perhaps tomorrow we'll get a crystal clear feed. But to put things in perspective, the chances of that are probably less than the chances of Mickey Horton winning his first legal case anytime soon.

While we try to work through this latest little crisis, I'll probably post a few show teasers here a la the things we do on Prevuze II, and I'll also try to keep the post-show-tweets going on Twitter. And I guess I'll become an unwilling satellite technician, too.

Now where did I put that matchbook cover with the ad on it, "Learn to repair obsolete satellite equipment in your spare time."

Prevuze

Sorry for the bad news, gang. Don't think of it as Monday. Think of it as Friday eve-eve-eve-eve. And make it a good one.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has ruined a prefectly good Monday for me.. The only saving grace is school starts today!!!!!That means I get my house back.(Doing my little happy dance here) Just wish I had my prevuze to go with it. c

3:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

a prefectly good Monday

There's an oxymoron in there somewhere.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Maybe the satelite just know the dribble that Days is tomorrow and said you know, its just not worth airing.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Maybe the satelite just know the dribble that Days is tomorrow and said you know, its just not worth airing.

The only problem with that theory is that there's no way to explain why the satelite continued to feed the DOOL drivel for the last 3 years or so...

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

All I know about satillites is that the Air Force tracks them, and thank goodness for that. Many moons ago, I traveled to Dakar, Senegal, with some friends. When the Air Force arrived, that vacation suddenly became more entertaining.

Oh, well, hopefully someone in Prevuzeland can actually offer some practical advise and worthwhile comments.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I couldn't even respond to this until I got some coffee. It was that traumatic.

I did enjoy the Mia/Star Trek and Lucy/Chloe comparisons. HAHAHAHA

I wonder why this seems to happen on Mondays more than other days? We will get this resolved, Prevuze, if it's the last thing we do!

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

We will get this resolved, Prevuze, if it's the last thing we do!

I love the "we" there, Bulldog. You GO!! BTW, just from Lucas's expression I thought your picture caption was going to read "proctologist". LOLOL

It took two cups of coffee before I could get the strength to answer this morning. But, must push on and hope tomorrow is better.....

7:35 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I traveled to Dakar, Senegal, with some friends.

DAKAR! Well, when you take a vacation you don't mess around, do you? No doubt you also drove your modified Hummer in the Dakar Rally and scared off wild beasts firing blanks from the .50 caliber M2 machine gun you had swivel-mounted on the roof. Well, you got nothin' on me. I once went to Gnawbone and pulled deadly bluegills out of the treacherous waters of Lake Beanblossom.

Prevuze - Best adventure blog on the Internet®

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITS OFFICIAL lauren koslow a.k.a. kate roberts, has starting coloring her hair blue in honor of adam lambert...i dk bout you, but i love it...shes such a little rock star...though there are som rumors that the color is supposed to highlight chloe's "dead-behind-the" eyes

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

DAKAR! Well, when you take a vacation you don't mess around, do you?

What can I say - the trip was rather inexpensive. Anyway, my dream vacation is flying to Germany during Oktoberfest and drinking my way through the countryside as I attempt to locate my family tree. Unfortunately, it's more likely that I'll end up in Milwaukee drinking under some tree in a family's front yard. Der ya hey!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs