Friday, October 17, 2008

If It Doesn't Work...

OK, here's my story and I'm stickin' to it. We're on the road again. To quote a recent comment, "You guys are ALWAYS on the road." It seems like it, anyway. And when we are on the road, it's not a vacation. We simply like going on the road so we can do nothing other than drive around hunting for the Internet, because that's all we ever do.

So yesterday, we chose a site that advertised, "FREE WIRELESS INTERNET!" Hey, sounded like a deal to me. So we pulled in, registered and then... nothing.

I went back to the guy who registered us and asked him about this. "Hey," said I, "Your sign says free wireless Internet but it doesn't work."

He looked at me like I was dumber than Shawn Brady on a bad day. "If it doesn't work," he asked, "why would we need wires?" Well, I certainly couldn't argue with logic like that, but I gave it a shot. I reminded him what his sign said and I told him I was expecting to be able to get on the Internet for free. He had me on that one, too. "If it doesn't work," he asked, "why would we charge for it?"

I was too tired to argue. So this morning I figured I'd get up and find an Internet connection before the show started and everything would be fine. Well, I found one but it was too weak to do anything with. I could tell I wouldn't get the show downloaded, and I figured I wouldn't get a post out today so I went over to Blogger and set my Saturday posting to post today. That's why you saw the small post this morning.

Then I headed out in search of an Internet connection that would stick. We're pretty far back in the boondocks this time so I drove for what seemed like hours and found nothing.

It was dark, gloomy, I was in the middle of nowhere and I was really getting fed up with my little Odyssey. Hey, anything for the Prevuze readers, but I was so discouraged, I decided to give up and turn back. Suddenly, the clouds parted. Rays of sunshine broke through. A unicorn galloped across my path. Over to my right, I saw a rainbow and directly in front of me was God's gift to the world...

STARBUCK"S

The Java Café, it's not, but I'll take it.

Inside, I ordered my vente vanilla latte with extra foam, my cranberry-orange scone and a double dose of that precious Internet. Life is good.

So here's the plan. I'll leave Saturday's post up, and you can find it here: CLICK HERE. I'll work on today's feed and post it tomorrow in place of the regular Saturday posting and then by Monday we'll be back on track. And off the road.

In the meantime, TGIF, have a great weekend and don't ever forget, if something doesn't work, it doesn't need wires and you may call it wireless.

I guess this morning, Prevuze was wireless.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So here's a question for your hotel clerk: when I go into work and fall asleep at my desk on Monday, can I legitimately claim that I am not working because I am wireless? Perhaps I'll role the dice and give that one a shot. :)

Thanks for trying... I'll look forward to seeing Monday's epi on Saturday!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for an explanation.... We were all so worried about you!! Glad to hear you are just wireless... And on that note I guess I'll climb back under my wireless warming blanket - hey it doesn't have wires! And wait for my Saturday Morning update...

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! And I agree, Starbucks IS God's gift to the planet. :-)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way too devoted to the faithful but trust me on this one, the faithful are equally devoted.  DOOL should be taking notes.  Anyway, I hope you’re having a great time on your Odyssey and your Iliad too!!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As sorry as I am for your trials and tribulations I did have to laugh at the idiot clerk (it wasn't Shawn Brady trying to hold down a job was it?). I just got off the road myself and found even in the good motels that advertise their wi-fi it's a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll be able to connect. Or won't get a computer virus if you do.

Anyway, only because it's TGIF and we can look forward to Prevuze tomorrow I can get thru today. :D

Have a nice weekend Prevuze and everyone!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs