Monday, July 30, 2007

A Wolf In Sheep Dip

A news reporter stands outside the cop shop reporting on the disembowelment of Roman Brady by the evil Andre DiMera, who fled the scene. Detective Brady, supercop, pillar of the community and henpecked husband muscles his way through the crowd.

Crockett and Tubbs stand by and watch, "Bo may have bungled the setup, but he looks cool with his jacket casually tossed over his shoulder," says Sonny.

The reporters ask Bo for a comment. He tosses his jacket over the camera and snarls, "There's your comment!"

The brat strolls along the dock. It's a beautiful night, but she's all alone, "I hate men. I hate Jeremy and Max and Nick and Jett. Most of all I hate myself." Footsteps approach. It's Jett. He followed her. She says she doesn't need an explanation, "Let's see... Jett's turn on... long walks on the beach, moonlit nights and going after women who are already spoken for." Jett says he wants to set her straight.

Jeremy and Stephanie are late. Patch wants to trade his soft drink for a margarita. Kayla wants him to have a clear head for the meeting, but doesn't know where he can get a new head on such short notice. She tells him she wants him to be nice tonight. He says he asked Bo to run a background check on Jeremy, "If he's a wolf in sheep dip, we'll know soon."

EJ wants to take Sami to the hospital. Sami snivels, "I want my mom!" Lucas says he will get Marlena there soon. He asks what she remembers. Sami says she remembers EJ opening the briefcase and the gas coming out and that's it. Lucas explains what happened after EJ released the gas, "Gas came out of the briefcase, too." EJ says there is still one thing that doesn't make any sense. Why would Stefano kidnap her and then dump her. Sami can't stop thinking about that. She wishes her dad would call and explain what's going on.

Bo leans over Roman's gurney, "Hey, bro, You can't die – we have blowing league tonight."

Roman can barely speak, "I bowled a 93 last week."

"Oh yeah, that's right," says Bo, "I guess you can die if you want."
They wheel him out through the crowd.

Kayla can't believe Patch asked for the background check on Jeremy. Patch says if Jeremy has nothing to hide Patch will sit back and let nature run its course – maybe. To him Stephanie is still a little girl because he missed everything, "I missed her dating and giving her boyfriends the 'you touch my daughter and I'll kill you' staredown. I'm just trying to keep Stephanie safe." Kayla brings up the baby. She has given him the perfect opportunity to raise a second child and he has said no. Apparently his mind is a little more clear than he is letting on.

She thinks the name Patch doesn't work for him anymore, "You used to be held together by spit and grit, but now it's the love of your family that's holding you together."

"When you lay it on, you use the high priced spread," says Patch. She goes over to his side and smooches him.

Chelsea says Jett can go. She thinks she's the most clueless girl in the world. Jett can't disagree, but says he introduced Danielle to Chelsea knowing she was already married. Chelsea says, "Forgive me if I don't want to hear your lame excuses. I want the truth."

Jett says, "The whole thing was a setup and Danielle was in on it. Is that enough truth for you?"

Sami wonders why Stefano let her go. Lucas suggests his horoscope was iffy or maybe his weekly goat sacrifice went bad. EJ thinks it was something else.

"Who asked you," snorts Lucas. EJ thinks Stefano has had a change of heart. "To do that," growls Lucas, "first you gotta have a heart."

EJ thinks Stefano thought this through. He saw the families coming together would end the hostilities. Lucas thinks EJ inhaled more gas than the rest of them. Lucas rambles on. Sami shushes him.

Nick arrives, "I gotta talk to you guys right away." He comes in and tells them he remembered why he was there when the bomb went off, "It's about your babies, Sami."

Jett says he lied to Chelsea. She wonders if he and Danielle are just part of one big liars club. She says she told him about Danielle because he is her friend. Jett tires to clear things up, but she doesn't let him get a word in edgewise. He says he lied because he needed a firewall. He couldn't get involved with her. He insists he was looking out for her. She doesn't buy it and she doesn't care, "If you're gonna let a girl down, go hard on her. It's easier to bounce back that way. Be less of a jerk and more of a man. I used to think Jeremy was the biggest jerk I ever met. I didn't know why you wanted to share his airspace, but I guess you solved that mystery for me."

Patch and Kayla slurp each other like a couple of teenagers at a drive in. Customers lose their appetite and start to leave, but the scene is broken up by Jeremy and Stephanie walking in. Jeremy brings gifts. He has perfume for Kayla, Eau de Sleaze,. He got Patch a blues harp mix. Kayla lets Patch smell her perfume and he chokes.

Stephanie chimes in, "Once you get to know Jeremy you'll love him as much as I do."

"OH I AM TICKLED PINK," says Patch.

Nick says he came to tell the truth then the bomb went off, "I messed up."

With her impeccable timing, Kate busts in, "I heard Sami ran away with EJ." Sami straightens her out. Lucas wants Kate to show a little sympathy. Kate asks Nick what he is doing there. Lucas says he came to tell them something about the babies.

"What," snorts Kate, "This wretched lab rat? I'm sure you don't have anything to say, do you, Nick?"

Jeremy toasts the whole bunch. Patch asks about Touch The Sky. "Everything Jeremy touches turns to gold," says the golden girl. She shows them the expensive necklace he bought for her. Patch doesn't approve of all the partying on the plane. Jeremy asks Patch if he partied when he was their age. Kayla thinks Jeremy has Patch on that one. Jeremy says they have their eyes on the future so he can offer Stephanie the life she deserves.

"What do you think, Papa," asks Stephanie.

"I think money is a great invention and owning a business has its own rewards, but a man's character has to factor in."

"I have a confession to make," says Jeremy, "I've scored as many errors as I have hits, but every time I forget the rules Stephanie reminds me of the man I want to be. It's only one of the reasons I love her so much."

Jett admits he sent mixed signals, but he says he had no choice. He says he wants to protect her, "I'm not the man you think I am. Jeremy Horton is a criminal and I am ISA." He flashes his card.

Sami and Kate argue about Sami's motives. Kate suggests Nick can say his piece at a later time. Everyone in the room except Kate wants to hear now. Nick blurts it out, "Lucas is the father." Kate sucks all the oxygen out of the room.

Nick says the report was wrong. They ask if he is 100% sure. "Well," he says, "There is one chance in 13 billion the tests could be wrong."

"That's enough of an opening for the DOOL writers," says EJ.

Kate says reports could be falsified. Nick asks why he would do that. Kate says he could be incompetent. Sami wants to know how Nick messed up. Nick says he was under pressure and got careless. He ordered a new report. He shows it to them. Lucas looks it over, as if there might be a chance in a million he understands it.

After reading the report, Lucas is convinced. He attacks Sami's tummy, "Who's your daddy? Who's your daddy?"

The twins immediately ask for a second opinion.

Lucas' mood changes. He gets nasty with Nick, "Do you know what you put us through?"

Sami tells him to back off, "I think he was under a lot of pressure from someone."

Chelsea wants to know if the ISA card came from the Liars Shoppe at the mall. Jett says he wanted to tell her from the start. She wonders if he has been pretending to be her friend for the last couple of months, "Was the near kiss an act too?"

Winston Churchill appears on the scene, "Never in the field of human drama has so much been made of so little by so many."

Bo walks into the pub. Patch excuses himself. He and Bo go outside. Bo tells Patch about Roman's knifing, "Andre played me for the fool I am."

"If you beat yourself up every time someone plays you for a fool," says Patch, "You'd walk around looking like a piece of chopped liver."

Bo thinks they should get the whole family over to the hospital, "Also... I got that jacket you wanted on Jeremy. It ain't pretty. Jeremy is bad news. He's a Horton, Hope's family for God's sake." Patch reads it and weeps.

Jett says he felt chemistry for Chelsea from the beginning. He had to hide his affection. He figured if she met the person he is engaged to, that would cool the relationship off. Danielle walks up to them and flashes her own credentials, "Danielle Calder, special agent with the International Security Alliance."

They grill Nick about who pressured him. He says it was his mistake. He got careless in the rush and takes responsibility. Kate says she will talk to his supervisor and he won't lose his job. He asks her not to do that.

Sami says she doesn't believe him, "Look me in the eye and tell me that Kate or EJ didn't have something to do with you changing the results."

Nick looks at the floor, the ceiling, the walls, "If you need someone to blame, then blame me. It was my fault." He leaves.

Kate has a heart of gold, "I'm going to go check on that poor kid." She follows him out the door.

EJ swears he isn't in on this. Sami doesn't believe him. Lucas gets a call. He tells Sami it was Marlena, "Your dad was stabbed in the line of duty tonight."

Sami goes full throttle into panic. She runs around the apartment screaming she has to get to the hospital. She tells EJ he can't help them anymore. She figures Lucas being the father is why Stefano let her go. There is now no reason for EJ to be in her life, "You are totally irrelevant," she says as she heads into the bedroom.

Danielle apologizes for the cloak and dagger stuff. She says lying to Chelsea tore Jett up inside. She says Jett thinks Chelsea is special. Danielle says she has to go and takes off.

"My God," says Chelsea, "This is seriously unreal. No one will believe this, especially Stephanie." Jett says she can't tell anyone about this.

"Why," she asks, "What has Jeremy done?"

Jeremy talks about flying planes. The landings turn him on, "It's better when the lady you love is sitting next to you."

Bo tells Patch Jeremy isn't what he claims to be.

Jeremy and Stephanie smooch. Kayla has an uncomfortable moment.

Jett, like all good ISA agents, says he doesn't have a clue. He doesn't know what Jeremy is up to. Chelsea says he has to get him out of their lives. She wonders how he got together with Jeremy and the airline. Jett says it is true that he and Jeremy were together in the service. He says he was reading a file on a suspected smuggling operation, saw Jeremy's name all over it and offered to go in with him. He doesn't know who his accomplices are, or what he is doing, "We think Stephanie knows more than she is letting on."

Kayla goes outside. Bo tells her about Roman. Patch says he will stay and explain things to Stephanie while Kayla goes to the hospital. He goes back inside as the lovebirds smooch.

Chelsea says if Stephanie knew what was going on she wouldn't cover for Jeremy. Jett notes that Stephanie is in love with Jeremy and people in love do crazy things.

"I'm not in love," says Chelsea.

"There are exceptions to every rule," says Jett.
He thinks Max is innocent, "Jeremy is keeping him in the dark." Jett wants Chelsea to watch Stephanie. She hesitates.

Patch walks over to the table. He gives Jeremy and Stephanie the bad news about Roman. He says Kayla went to the hospital. Jeremy is, oh so concerned, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Yeah, hotshot," growls Patch, "You can tell us about your record and the time you spent in jail." He smacks the file onto the table.

Lucas says he's taking Sami to see Roman and EJ has no part in that. He tells EJ he is out of their lives for good. Sami is a basket case. She runs out bawling and falls into Lucas' arms. He hugs her and assures her things will be fine. EJ watches.

Previews
========

Chelsea says to Jett, "I'm just your informant, only I don't get paid and the perks aren't really that good. After you nail Jeremy, I don't ever want to see you again."

Patch tells Stephanie, "Throw this jerk out with the rest of the garbage."

Nick says, "Do what I want and your secret stays safe." Kate asks, "And if I don't do what you want?" Nick smiles, "I expose you."

Sami tells Marlena, "I have to protect my children. The best way I can think of is to kill Stefano DiMera." Lucas looks on.

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That's enough of an opening for the DOOL writers," says EJ.

Man, do I ever hope so!

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait!! Love Lucas' "Who's your daddy?"lol

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas' Who's your daddy?"

The twins immediately ask for a second opinion.

Priceless!

If I were living in Salem, I would want a third & fourth opinion from somewhere far removed from Salem. That or Nick actually doing the whole test himself!

Because the DOOL writers will never give up on EJAMI babies!!!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze wrote - Bo leans over Roman's gurney, "Hey, bro, You can't die – we have blowing league tonight."

Roman can barely speak, "I bowled a 93 last week."

"Oh yeah, that's right," says Bo, "I guess you can die if you want." They wheel him out through the crowd.


Oh dear, is it wrong of me to find that typo as funny as the Prevuism below it?

Nah, I am a Prevuze reader after all :D :D :P

5:44 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Oh dear, is it wrong of me to find that typo as funny as the Prevuism below it?

Man. It will really be great when they come up with an intelligent spell checker.

The readers sigh, "Yeah, coming up with an intelligent blogger is too much to ask."

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the previews for the next episode, it looks like Nick has flipped the blackmailing script on Kate. Nice to know Nick has found his manliness.... hehehehe

I read somewhere that when EJ finds out he's not the daddy, he will seek revenge. I wonder if he'll seek revenge on Kate or Nick or what....

6:20 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

LOL...love the Ej, Lucas, salt shaker pic. Also the twins asking for a 2nd opinion...too funny!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

...what happened after EJ released the gas, "Gas came out of the briefcase, too." I snorted coffee out my nose on that one. HAHAHA

Bo tells Patch about Roman's knifing, "Andre played me for the fool I am." Truer words were never spoken on this show.

All great pictures today (Don't pet the tiger & Lucas passing along prankster tips to EJ). And loved the Prevuisms (Eau de Sleaze).

I'm glad Nick found the transporter to propel him instantly from Vegas to Salem. Kate's transporter, however, must have misfired. There's no way she wouldn't have been on Lucas's doorstep 10 seconds after Lumi found out about the bogus blood test, urging Lucas to dump Sami.

Love my Prevuze!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I snorted coffee out my nose on that one.

Any time we can get a coffee-out-the-nose snort, that's better than a Pulitzer.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"That's enough of an opening for the DOOL writers," says EJ.

You got it! I have this nagging feeling we're not done with "Who's your Daddy" yet.

Love all the Lucas-isms and the "Stephanie reminds me of the man I want to be" pics.

Thanks for a great Prevuze!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kate's character has been reduced to 30 second soundbytes of let's catch-kill-discredit-destroy Sami.
She used to be deliciously evil. I can't wait to see her squirm because of whatever Nick has on her. Did he find the "whatever" in Vegas?

Who didn't see the Jett as ISA agent coming? Lots of foreshadowing and little payoff.

Still, I wonder if everyone has forgotten about OMB. Did they leave his cue cards in Ireland?

Santo and Colleen. Are we going to be left with the simple dress (simple g-string, simple pole)?

Great Prevuze as usual

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy in drag - LOL! That one really got me.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh Prevuze, I can't believe you missed this one:
"We think Stephanie knows more than she is letting on." For that to happen, we would first have to establish that Stephanie knows ANYTHING AT ALL!

I am just so sad that EJ is not the father of Sami's babies.
But I did love Sami yelling "You are irrelevent" at him.
Again, Prevuze you missed another one:
EJ looks around then back at Sami and says, "OH you were telling me I was irrelevent! I thought you were talking about the scripts we've been getting!"

7:36 AM  
Blogger Kristin Nicole said...

LOL "WHo's your daddy? That is priceless.....lets see what they come up with next? :-)

Just letting you know that I love reading your blog. It's great. Check mine out about Grey's Anatomy

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick could expose Kate and get her in trouble with just about everyone. The cops could arrest her, the DiMeras could go after her for interfering with their business and Lucas could do his monthly disowning thing.

I can't believe Patch basically letting Jerkemy know they're onto him. Nice going, dope!

Loved all of the pictures (Foo's made me think - rough on a Monday morning! Then I LOL). And Winston's philosophy - so appropriate for DOOL. HAHAHAHAHA

Excellent Prevuze today! :D

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so now can someone in Salem actually address the 'rape' situation? Since Sami IS NOT pregnant due to the rape, will they try to make us believe it never happened?
As much as it PAINS me to say - I feel a little bad for EJ... Now will he go back to being ruthless? I think he should sit back and wait for Lucas to 'self-destruct'.
Lucas' is (and always was) a jerk. Between his hot-temper, his b*tchy mother, and 'practical jokes', he's no more suited to be the father to her twins more than Nick would be! By the way, does Lucas have a job yet? (LOL!)
If Roman got stabbed, where's Anna? I could see her going back and forth between Tony and Roman! (Whoever has the best dinner offer).
Finally, did the writers actually bring Kate back just to continue to 'sabatage' Lucas and Sami? Writers pleeeezzz give this actress a fresh storyline! She's a good actress - so let's see her actually act! Pleeez maybe a lovelife?
Ok, I'm through venting! Thanks Prevuze, GREAT JOB, (as usual!)

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITA on the Kate thing!!! She's been MIA for months, and poof there she is trying to get Sami out of Lucas's life. Gimme a break--what does she have radar for drama??
Prevuze was great today!! Loved the twins asking for a third and fourth opinion. I really do not believe the issue of paternity is over. That would be waaaay too logical, and we all know that is not DOOL's way.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Brendamouse - I know you mentioned this before, but OMB is back in Salem. After Bope showed up, he huffed his way back. So, in grand DROOL style, he went to Ireland just to pray in a chapel and Bope flew there just to have a 60 second confrontation with him. Then they all came back.

About all that managed to prove to me was that the writers really know how to blow story possibilities (OMB/Bope finding and confronting any villagers who might be around and know what happened back then) and that the set decorators didn't even take time to change the two green plants flanking the church's entrace from the ones they had in the 50-years-ago scenes. HAHAHA

9:21 AM  
Blogger Your Evilness said...

If anyone belongs to a blowing league, it's either Stephanie and Chelsea.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the title of this episode I figured it was a Bartism. I am still so mad they're killing him off!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Applecheeks-I guess I was the one that misplaced OMB-haha
I agree they wasted a great opportunity with the Ireland stuff. They treated it as it was a trip to the corner convenience store. That said,it was also an island with some Dimeras on it!!

I read somewhere that when EJ finds out he's not the daddy, he will seek revenge. I wonder if he'll seek revenge on Kate or Nick or what....

Angel, that sounds plausible to me. He is, after all, a Dimera and this could freshen up their feud, so to speak

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your prevuze will top the show yet again!

Why does it keep feeling like this program is going no where fast...Guess the twins can join forces with Claire and all three can look for new parents!

TY for the humor and the great pics/captions too!!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I was getting a manicure today, and the place had a soap on while my nails were drying. Sorry, don't know which one is was but something about Kendall being in a car accident and having a baby early?

In any case, it was incredible the difference between that soap and this. There didn't appear to be any of the random conversations to rehash what had happened previously. In fact, frequently the actors were silent and let their body language do the talking for them. The camera work was fantastic, panning in and out on various details that actually added to the story. I don't have time (or the energy) to get into a different soap -- Prevuze does it for me at this point -- but if I *were* going to watch a soap, that's what I'd like to see. I haven't ever watched other soaps before but I sort of wish that I'd found one more like this.

For those who've watched Days for decades, was DOOL ever like this? Did they let the actors act rather than not trusting them and forcing them to read every thought and emotion and action? Did the camera ever actually add to the intrigue and interest in the story and help tell it rather than just being an object to capture the dialogue?

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now that Jeremy is going to go down, who else thinks that the writers will come up with a new and original plot... the Jeremy that we're seeing isn't really Jeremy (gasp of surprise).

10:37 PM  
Blogger luvpumpkns said...

Anon, you saw All My Children, my mom's favorite soap. I watched it all the time as a child, and it is a pretty good soap. they are known for being the first to controversial stories such as the first gay storyline, the first character with AIDS, first character to get an abortion(i think) etc, etc.

-Jenni

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs