Friday, May 19, 2006

Karma

Shawn and Mimi arrive back at their apartment. Phillip and Belle come out with Claire. They are curious to find out how it went at the hospital.

Abe excuses himself. Lexie asks if this is about Kate's health.

"Actually," says Kate, "it's about Sami. What does she have on you? Lucas told me about the tension between you two."

"That's because we don't like each other," insists Lexie.

"Maybe I can help you," says Kate, "I know I would be on your side. She's worked her way back into Austin's life. I'm going to make sure she doesn't ruin his life again. You might as well tell me because, one way or another, I will find out."

Lexie says, "I have nothing to tell you, Kate."

"I think you have plenty to tell me," says Kate.

Lexie yells, "Would you stop badgering me?"

Sami breaks the champagne bottle as she tries to open it, "Oh, no! This is a really bad omen!"

Will corrects her, "It's bad karma."

GunshotPatrick points his gun. Hope rushes up and asks what he is doing. Alex says Patrick is doing exactly what he paid him to do. Hope grabs Patrick's arm. The gun fires into the air. Marlena moves in front of John. "What are you doing, Marlena," asks Alex.

"I'm protecting the man I love," she says.

Shawn and Mimi tell Belle and Phillip everything went fine at the hospital. Mimi thinks Claire looks sleepy. Belle says, "She's been watching DOOL. Nobody can stay awake through that." They all go inside Shawn and Mimi's apartment to talk.

Belle thinks Mimi looks nervous. Mimi just thinks the procedure was weird. "Our child will be conceived with love just like Claire was," says Shawn, "Only without the burning barn in the background."

Mimi explains the timetable. There is a knock at the door. Bonnie and Max. Bonnie makes her grand entrance, "So am I a grandma or what?"

Alex asks Marlena, "Are you saying you don't love me?"

"That's exactly what she is saying, pal," says John, "She knows you are a lying SOB."

"That's not it," says Marlena.

John asks, "What?"

Alex chimes in, "You tried to kill me, Black."

John says, "My God, don't tell me you don't remember what he did to you."

"I'm clear I love you John," says Marlena, "I'm just a little confused. Maybe it's the injection you gave me."

Alex jumps right on that, "What did you do to her, John."

"I injected her with the antidote," says John, "It helped her remember. Tell him, Marlena."

Alex says, "Can't you see she is disoriented? I need to get her to a hospital."

"I'm OK," says Marlena, "I just feel confused."

"Because of the injection he gave you," says Alex.

"No, I'm just always confused ," says Marlena.

John says, "I'd never give her anything that would hurt her."

"It could be the same drug you gave Lois," says Alex, "And she wound up dead."

Kate presses. She isn't leaving. Lexie knows something. She begs her to tell. Lexie insists there is nothing going on.

"Then why are you so nervous," asks Kate.

"I thought I was dying," says Lexie. The phone rings. Lexie jumps out of her socks.

Kate asks, "Lexie, what's wrong?"

"I just told you," says Lexie.

"No," says Kate, "That's not it. I think there is something going on with Sami."

Lexie is dazed. She sits down.

"Listen," says Kate, "Very few of us go through life without making some kind of mistake. It will feel better to share it. I know I can help you. No one knows better than I how ruthless Sami can be. But I can beat her again. If we work together, we can stop her dead in her tracks. Please tell me." Abe interrupts and asks if everything is OK.

Lucas tells Will to cut Sami a break. Will says he's doing a report on karma for school, "Some people believe all our actions add up to work for good or bad."

"A champagne bottle shattering is just an accident," says Austin.

"Not if you buy into karma," says Will.

"It's not like she's done something bad," says Carrie. She turns to Sami, "I mean have you... lately?"

Sami remembers blackmailing Lexie. Then she remembers plotting with Alex. In spite of all that, she insists she hasn't done anything.

Lucas is suspicious, "What is it? I know that look. Why don't you create some good karma for yourself, Sami, and tell us all what you are really up to."

Mimi tells Bonnie it will be a while before they know the results of the procedure, "But there were no problems at the hospital."

Bonnie says, "Nobody deserves a miracle more than you."

"That doesn't say much for the state of the world," says Mimi, "Thanks, anyway. I know it's not the end of the world if we can't have our own child."

Max the dog thinks, "Maybe for you, Mimi, but I'd have to compete for Bon-Bon's attention."

"I'm just going to spoil your kid rotten," says Bonnie. Max gives her a tug of disapproval. Bonnie guarantees Shawn he will be doing some spoiling too. Max huffs. Then she kneels down and whispers to Max, "Of course, Shawn already has a baby with Belle."

Max thinks, "These humans are just like rabbits."

Bonnie asks, "You guys have any names picked out or anything like that."

Mimi says, "Not really."

Belle as usual opens her mouth before engaging her brain, "Oh, come on! Shawn and I had a bunch of names picked out when we were dating."

Hope asks Patrick what is going on, "I can't believe I defended you."

"Things aren't always what they seem," says Patrick.

"Sometimes they are," says John. He turns to Marlena, "He's got you on a string like a yo-yo."

"That's bull," shouts Alex.

"Is it true about Lois," asks Marlena.

"No," says John, "Alex did it."

"The Salem PD cleared me of those charges," says Alex.

"I believe John," says Hope, "He'd never harm anyone."

Alex reminds Hope he tried to gun him down in church, "I love Marlena. Anyone can see that. Go on, tell them. Have I ever hurt you?"

"No," says Marlena.

"I don't know how you've done it," says John, "You still have a hold on her."

"The hold is we love each other," says Alex.

The island cops rush up. One of them asks, "What's going on? We heard a gunshot."

John points to Alex, "Arrest him!"

Alex says, "No, arrest him!"

Kate tells Abe she was just asking Lexie about the biopsy. Lexie thanks her for stopping by.

"Just remember what I said," says Kate, "If you need to talk, just call me. Day or night." Kate hands Lexie her business card and leaves.

Abe says Tek left. He went out through the back door. Lexie says, "Tek is used to running out the back way. I was hoping we could have some time alone."

Abe tells her Clarence the Clown was on the phone, "He can do Theo's birthday."

"That's one less thing to worry about," says Lexie.

"When I was a kid we only had pin the tail on the donkey at parties. Now kids have to have clowns," says Abe.

"How did you persuade Clarence to come to the party," says Lexie.

"He had a cancellation," says Abe.

"Theo will be so happy."

Abe says, "I'm feeling a lot of guilt."

Lexie asks, "For what?"

Abe says, "Capitalizing on someone else's misfortune."

"Oh, no," says Lexie, "Did something happen to the child?"

"No," says Abe, "Clarence the Clown is in charge of the Salem City Council and they canceled their meeting."

Lucas is bummed out about Sami's superstitions. He reels off a list of them.

Will says, "Dad, you're always telling me to not make fun of Mom."

They talk about Kate conning Sami on the night before her wedding. Will says, "It was more bad karma, Dad."

Lucas turns to Sami, "You can go too far with this. Blackmailing people, dressing up as a man. Its' a vicious cycle, Sami."

"If you're trying to make me feel bad, it's working," says Sami as she goes to clean things up.

Lucas tells Carrie he knows Sami is up to something pretty bad.

Belle never has a thought come into her brain that does not work its way to her lips. "Claire was always my favorite name for a girl," she says.

Phillip comes out of his stupor, "What? I thought I had a part in naming her."

Mimi says, "I love the name 'Scott.'"

Belle just keeps cranking it out, "Shawn loves that name, too. That's the name he picked for our boy."

Mimi is flustered. She and Bonnie go outside. Mimi asks, "What am I gonna do? It will be my punishment for not telling Shawn."

Of course, Shawn overhears, "Not telling me what?"

Bonnie jumps in, "She doesn't want you to be disappointed if the procedure doesn't work."

Just when you think the party at Shawn and Mimi's can't get any better, Kate arrives. They all talk about the pending baby. Kate says, "If there is anything I can do, let me help."

"They have to do that themselves, Mom," says Phillip, "So, why are you here? What's up?"

"I have news too," says Kate, "Good news and bad news. I'll start with the good news. Carrie is pregnant with Lucas' baby. The second thing is... Sami has managed to talk Austin into proposing to her."

"She's going to marry him again," asks Belle.

Kate vows, "I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen."

Alex and John argue about who's guilty. The cops ask Patrick. Patrick introduces Hope and Marlena. He tells the cops the situation and says, "The bottom line is, John flew down here to steal Marlena."

Alex piles on, "There are numerous restraining orders against him, and he has injected my wife with some drug."

"Is this true," asks the cop.

John starts to tell his side of the story. The cop interrupts, "You can tell me later. I'm taking you in."

Hope freaks, "Alex is the one who is dangerous. You're playing right into his hands."

Abe says Clarence the Clown had a party cancelled, "The party was canceled because the parents are getting divorced. The kid has to be in court that day."

"On his birthday," asks Lexie.

"It was probably the only day both attorneys were available," says Abe.

Lexie says, "I'm sure the mother will be awarded custody."

"According to Clarence," says Abe, "the mother was having an affair."

"That doesn't make her a bad mother," says Lexie.

"No," says Abe, "Just a slut. Come on, Lexie, it's a cheating wife we're talking about. She doesn’t deserve custody. I saw things like this when I was on the force. Mothers like that are messed up. I'm just glad the courts realize just giving birth doesn't necessarily make the mother the best parent."

Austin tells Will he and Sami will be married, "The past is the past. You can count on her walking down the aisle."

Will's maturity towers over Austin's. "The past isn't the past," says Will, "She's walked down the aisle a ton of times, but she's never made it to the honeymoon. What makes you think this time will be any different?" Austin stares.

Carrie tells Lucas he's misreading Sami. Lucas doesn't buy it, "I think she's freaking out about something other than the broken bottle. Whatever it is, it has to be huge."

Sami goes into the next room. Her good angel lectures her, "Do you really think you will live happily ever after? Your bad karma will do you in."

Abe says he can't stop thinking about the little boy. Lexie is distant. "I shouldn't have mentioned it," says Abe.

Lexie tries to put her spin on it, "I'm also worried about the mother."

"She might have her child taken away," says Abe, "Unfortunately we know about having a child taken away first hand. At least we got Clarence for the party. It's unfortunate it happened at another child's expense."

Lexie picks up a family picture, "You're right. Theo comes first. There is nothing more important than our family being together." She hugs Abe and looks at Kate's card.

Belle says, "I really wish you weren't so hard on Sami, Kate. I think she has changed."

Kate says, "A poisonous snake shed's its skin but stays a poisonous snake."

Bonnie asks about Sami and Austin being married before.

Belle says it was a marriage of convenience, "Austin thought he was Will's father."

Kate says, "Lying, manipulating and deceiving just to get what she wants. I mean, lying about her son's paternity."

Phillip says, "I don't understand the whole paternity thing, either. How can you not know a kid is yours? All you gotta do is look right in their eyes and it's so obvious."

Mimi can't take it. She goes over to Bonnie and asks, "Do you see the way Shawn looks at Claire? I'll bet he knows she is his." Max barks in agreement. Bonnie and Mimi take it outside.

Mimi asks, "Mom, what are we gonna do? Shawn is gonna find out."

Bonnie goes on a tirade. "Phillip has no clue about how these mix-ups happen, or about anything else for that matter. So how is Shawn supposed to know? You are not gonna tell unless you develop a death wish!"

Austin tells Will Sami is on-edge because she is close to having what she wants – a real family."

"If you get married," says Will, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Carrie says Sami isn't enjoying what should be the happiest day of her life. Lucas says, "Sami and I spent a lot of time together. I've seen her do terrible things."

"Don't you think she's finally learned her lesson," asks Carrie.

"She should have a PhD," says Lucas, " But hasn't learned anything."

Sami insists she didn't do anything wrong. Angel-Sami says, "You helped Alex alter Lexie's test results!"

Devil-Sami pops up, "Oh, puleeasee. You're looking out for numero uno, and that's what you should do. You don't even know that Lexie has cancer."

"Oh, yeah, stand by and let her die," says Angel-Sami, "You will be punished."

Sami says, "Oh, God I'm gonna pay for what I've done."

"No sin goes unpunished," says Angel-Sami, "Change your ways before it's too late."

Patrick stands by Dr. North's story. That's good enough for the cop.

Alex wants to get Marlena to the hospital so they can check out what kind of drugs John gave her. John begs her not to go.

"I don't think Alex means to hurt me," says Marlena.

The cop steps up behind John, "Mr. Black, place your hands behind your back."

"This is a joke," grumbles John.

Hope confronts Patrick, "Answer me! If I wouldn't have stopped it, you were going to shoot John, weren't you?"

Patrick works his jaw, "Yeah." FF Hope, Patrick.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Billie asks, "Bo, are you OK?" Bo says, "I miss my son. I miss my wife."

Patrick says, "Hope, listen to me. You've got it all wrong. I do care about you. More than you'll ever know."

John says, "Give it up North. It's over." Alex looks up from the ground and says, "Now I can kill both of you."

Sami says to Bonnie, "Mimi is in confession right now? What has she done this time?"

Father Jansen tells Mimi, "You and Shawn are not husband and wife."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Max really talking in this episode or did Prevuze make that up?

6:21 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

What! Prevuze make something up? Max the dog really said, or thought, those things in the episode today.

On occasion, when Prevuze might, uh embellish, something, we indicate that by putting it in italics.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought the italics were the real dialogue. Everything makes much more sense with them in!lol

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The italics SHOULD be the real dialoge. Heck, Prevuze should be the real show. Then it might be worth watching again. HAHAHAHA

The picture of Austin today is as funny as yesterday's. Great job, Bulldog.

Clarence the Clow in charge of the Salem City Council!! Sorry, inside joke, LOVED IT!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plot development on this show is so clumsy! Struggling to decide if it should be Austin or Lucas, Carrie JUST HAPPENS to hear about a child dying of a genetically-caused disease.

Struggling to decide whether to tell Kate about Sami's blackmail Lexi JUST HAPPENS to get involved in a conversation with Abe about a divorced ADULTEROUS mother losing her child.

Struggling to stay awake through the repetitive, monotonous, conversations on Days you'll have to forgive me if I JUST HAPPEN to pick up the remote and zap, zap, zap. HAHAHAHA

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs