Tuesday, June 27, 2006

One Night Is All It Takes

Everyone gangs up on Jack for being out of bed. He wants to go back to the hospice to die. He wouldn't have come back if he had known today was Frankie and Jennifer's wedding. Patch tells him he's seen more life and sweatin him the past two days than all the time he has known him. Frankie tells him he won't let him go.

Dr. Stewart drops the big bomb. Hope is pregnant. Failing to think things through as usual, Bo jumps for joy. Patrick contemplates the possibilities.

Lunkhead and Carrie start to leave Sami's apartment, Lexie stops them as she walks in, "This time everyone will know what Sami Brady has done."

Bo is ecstatic. He asks for some time alone with Hope. Patrick and the doctor leave. Bo babbles. Hope stares. She remembers romping with Bo, and then with Patrick. Bo asks if she isn't excited. He thinks it's a sign from Zack that he wants them to work things out. Hope wishes it were that simple. Patrick stares into the room as Billie comes up. He tells her, "I have just heard some mind blowing news – Hope's pregnant. Of course, what would be even more mind blowing would be if the baby was Bo's, since the last time Hope even spoke to him was before Zack's accident almost six months ago."

Lexie says she is sorry to do this but just can't wait to dump the news on them, "It's time for Sami to take responsibility for her actions." Lucas eats it up. Will and Kate come in for the show.

Jack insists he isn't walking out on his family. He is protecting it. Jennifer and Abby don't need to watch him die. Jennifer scolds him. She thinks he is being selfish. Jack thinks it's time for her to be with her new husband, "I think we all have to agree this is just a wee bit awkward. I had made up my mind. I never planned to see Steve. Once I saw him I had to bring him back."

"Thank God you did," says Kayla, "You gave me my life back."

Jack says, "If it's part of God's plan for me to stay long enough to do that, then I am glad I did. All of you have a chance for a new life here. You should be celebrating now, not wasting your time watching me withering away. What kind of a man would I be if I stick around for that?"

Frankie asks, "What kind of a man would you be if you don't?"

Austin tells Kate she should stay out of this. Sami takes Will aside. He wants to know what Sami has done now. Sami flashes back to bribing Lexie, but tells him it is nothing. Buttinski comes over to join in. Carrie apologizes for the way Lucas is acting.

Kate asks Lexie, "So there is something between you and Sami. Are you going to tell me?"

"You'll hear soon enough," says Dr. Nympho, "And it will be over for Sami Brady."

Patrick paces. Billie asks if the baby is his. He isn't sure. They only had one night. "One night is all it takes," says Billie. If Hope is pregnant with your baby, Bo will be devastated.

Bo stands by Hope's bed, "Don't even think it."

"I have to say it," says Hope, "I'm not sure this is your baby."

"It has to be mine," says Bo.

"We have to be realistic," says Hope.

"No," says Bo, "Not on DOOL."

Hope asks, "What if this baby isn't yours?" Bo says, "Then Lockhart's a dead man." He whirls around and sucker-punches Patrick as he walks into the room. Billie and Hope both scream for him to stop. Patrick goes down like a ton of bricks. This is the part where in real life, Patrick would get up, crumple Bo into a tiny wad and flush him down the toilet. Now that would be fun to see.

Prevuze

Carrie tells Austin, "I have a lot of respect for Lexie."

Austin says, "That's what I like so much about you. You're so unique."

Austin wonders why Sami would do something to risk her future, now that she is happy. Carrie reminds Austin how guilty Sami has been acting. "I hope she's not done something we will all regret," says Austin.

Lucas asks for a second to talk to Sami alone. He urges her to beat Lexie to the punch and tell them before Lexie does. If she does, there is a one in a million chance they will forgive her. Lucas says he still loves her but she can't keep letting Will down, "Whatever you have done, you should be the one to tell Will, not Lexie." He reminds Sami he has been there for her during some of the tough times she has had, "Don't do this. You don't have to be perfect. Will just has to know he can trust you."

Sami says, "When I was just a little older than Will, I saw my mom sleeping with another man, but everyone thinks she is a saint and I am the demon child. I know Will doesn't trust me. I think it's too late to change things."

Austin comes up and asks her to tell them if she has done something wrong, "Don't compound things. If you have done something we need to hear it from you."

Jack repeats Frankie's question, "What kind of man will I be if I go? A dead one, Frankie."

"How could you do this," asks Frankie, "Coming in and out of their lives. You have made Jennifer feel like you don't trust her enough to stand by you. I don't know what else to say to get through to you."

Kayla and Patch leave to give them some privacy.

Jennifer begs Jack not to go. They don't want to have him die alone, "We know what you think your wishes are, Jack, but what about our wishes?"

Kayla wonders how Jack could think about leaving. Patch says if Jack goes, he has to leave too. After all, he is Jack's personal orderly, "So many bedpans, so little time."

Kayla says, "You are my husband. Give me a chance to take care of you. I should have known you were alive. Nobody dies in Salem. Please stay here and try."

"Don't you think I want to remember," asks Patch, "Most of my life is wiped out. You've had time to be able to do things for yourself. We can't go back. You're not my wife. Not anymore." Kayla stares.

Carrie asks for a moment alone with Lexie. She's sorry to hear about Lexie and Abe. Lexie says she has to take the blame for it, but there were other things that caused the breakup, too. Lexie asks Carrie if she is happy with Lucas. Carrie says she is. Lexie asks if things were different, would she still want to be with Austin.

Will wonders what Sami has done. Kate doesn't know. But she thinks Lexie has something to do with it. She loves Will and is proud of him, "You know, I was at your school the other night during the open house, and your counselor told me he has never met a young man who can handle nasty comments better than you can."

"With you as a grandmother, I have a lot of experience with nasty comments," says Will.

Sami says she hates that Lexie is doing this. Lucas presses her to tell the truth. Sami begs Austin to understand. He won't promise anything until he hears the juicy details.

Jack tells Jennifer he wants to stay but it will create problems for her and Frankie. Abby throws a fit and tells him he is the man her mom loves. "See," says Jack, "It's started already. I still want you to be with Frankie." He turns to Abby, "Seeing your mother truly happy will make my dying that much easier."

Abby says, "I think the reason you are leaving is you can't stand to see Mom with Frankie."

Frankie says, "This is your family. This is where you belong, Jack."

Billie pulls Bo and Patrick apart. Hope asks for some time alone with Patrick. Bo and Billie leave as Patrick walks over to Hope. She tends to his fat lip, and apologizes for dragging him into this.

"You don't have to apologize," says Patrick, "There is no place I would rather be."

Outside, Bo goes ballistic. Billie tries to mitigate things. Bo says, "This baby – if it's not mine, I don't know what is going to happen. If he's the father it could be over for Hope and me."

Patrick says, "I mean what I said, Hope. That night on the beach was where I wanted to be. If this is our child, the two of us will figure it out.

Hope asks, "And if it's Bo's?"

"Then that's between you and Bo."

"There is only one way to find out whose baby it is," says Hope.

Carrie tells Lexie Lucas is her future. Dr. Ho presses, "If you could have healthy children with Austin, would you be with Lucas?

Sami understands why people are suspicious of her. She says Lexie has been after her for a long time and she isn't going to let her ruin her chance for happiness. She starts to come clean, but in standard DOOL fashion, stops cold. She grimaces and squeals, "Oh, I have something in my eye."

Lucas isn't buying it. As Sami runs into her bedroom he yells, "What do you want – a little time to think of something?"

Sami looks into her mirror and says, "Either I tell every one I love the truth or..."

Bad Sami looks at her from the mirror, "There is no 'OR,' honey. You're screwed."

Bo doesn't s want Hope to think he blames her, but it kills him to think Patrick slept with her. Billie reminds him they slept together, too.

"Details, details," says Bo. The doctor rushes past them and says Hope paged her. Bo and Dr. Stewart run into Hope's room. Hope asks the doctor how far along she is in her pregnancy.

Sami tells the reflection in the mirror she is supposed to be on her side. She insists she isn't giving up, "There has to be a way to stop Lexie."

Dr. Tramp gathers the folks in the living room and says, "I know what I am about to say will hurt everyone here, but...

Sami walks up behind her and whams her on the head with a frying pan. Lexie drops like a rock. Sami shrugs her shoulders and says, "I'm so sorry... it was an accident." Sami snaps out of it and asks herself, "A frying pan, is that the best I can come up with?"

Bad Sami goes through her purse. Sami looks into the mirror and asks what she is doing. Bad Sami says, "I'm doing what you should, honey – getting the hell out of here."

Lucas pounds on the door. Carrie tells Lexie a future with Austin is all she ever wanted, but now she is with Lucas, carrying his child.

Carrie walks away and Lexie says to herself, "The one to blame for losing your dreams is Sami."

Kate walks up to Lexie and says, "I hate to pressure you, but his is taking a ridiculously long time."

"Not really," says Lexie, "I'll bet we can drag this out at least until the end of the week."

Sami comes out of the bedroom, takes Will aside and ask him to leave. He isn't going anywhere. "OK," says Sami, "But whatever happens, remember I have always wanted to do what is best for you."

"I am old enough to judge that," says Will.

Lexie asks Sami, "Do you want to tell everyone what you did, or should I?"

Kayla asks, "What do you mean, I am not your wife?"

"They declared me dead years ago," says Patch, "We aren't legally married."

"I can't let you go."

"I can't force it if it's not there," says Patch.

Kayla says, "I am trying to understand what this may be like for you. I have loved you practically all the Days Of Our Lives. I have never stopped. I never will. This isn't so surprising. It took a long time to get you to commit to marry me because you had issues about being tied down, so you haven't changed that much."

Patch asks, "Would the man you say I was fright for what he had?"

"Yes," says Kayla, "So why wouldn't you stay and try?"

"Here's the thing I don't get," says Patch, "Why would someone like you want to have anything to do with me?"

"There are a million reasons," says Kayla, "Please... let me try to help you remember."

"What do you have in mind," asks Patch.

"I think you have to trust me."

"All right, I'll try."

Jack thinks Frankie is being selfless. Frankie tells him this is where he belongs. Abby drags Jack back upstairs. She thanks Frankie as they leave.

"Abby just said it all, huh," says Jennifer, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me," says Frankie, "He's with people he loves and who love him."

Billie ponders, "If Hope is pregnant with Patrick's baby I might have a chance after all." She pauses, "Stop it Billie. The only woman for Bo is Hope."

The doctor tells Hope she can't say how far along her pregnancy is. She knows Hope has an irregular menstrual cycle. Usually they would date the conception from her last period, but they don't know when that was. She will schedule an ultrasound.

The doctor leaves and Hope asks to be alone. Bo leaves. Outside, he tells Billie they need to run more tests before they will know whose baby it is. Hope wonders, "How can this be happening?"

Sami announces, "This is my chance to tell you all the truth for once. Because it will all come out in the end."

"I am just as guilty," says Lexie, "So tell everyone what you have done."

"I am guilty of a lot of things," says Sami, "but this one is pretty bad. Austin, please don't hate me."

Dr. Tramp says, "The truth is... Sami has been blackmailing me."

"Why," asks Austin.

"It's complicated," says Sami.

Lexie apologizes to Will. But he needs to hear this. She turns to Sami, "Tell everyone exactly how you blackmailed me." FF Sami and Lexie.


Previews
========

Jennifer screams, "You can't leave us – not yet." Jack huffs and puffs.

Scremin' Mimi wails, "Stop it! You don't know what you're saying. You can't trust me at all, Shawn. I'm nothing but a fraud."

Kayla asks Patch, "What is it, you remember something?" Patch stares.

Sami says, "You can call it blackmail if you want to, Lexie, but you are the one who ruined your marriage and I am not going to take the blame for it." Lexie stands there open-jawed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swahn will really get hurt when all this truth comes out. Mimi is going down.

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is taking a ridiculously long time." For once Kate took the words right out of my mouth. But I LOL at Prevuze's prophetic comment that they will be able to drag this out until the end of the week! Even then I will bet the farm that the truth won't get out.

"In real life...." Oh, Prevuze, when talking about DAZE, THAT is funny. HAHAHAHA

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Patrick BO Congrats photo is hilarious!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Patrick or Bo's elephant baby comment. What a stupid storyline!!! Bo drives me nuts, with his ridiculous macho attitude and lack of brain.
Kate did hit it right on the money - that statement should be DOOL new motto!lol

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What is it, are you remembering something?" is the new "Oh my god it's you"

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to Prevuze, those of us who tune in to see Jack know when to set the VCR's!

Love your comments too.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate walks up to Lexie and says, "I hate to pressure you, but his is taking a ridiculously long time."

OHHHHH HOW TRUE!! DAYS powers that be, are you listening??

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs