Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Diddly Do Wap

Mimi tells Shawn she feels like a failure. Shawn tells her it's not her fault. They wonder if the surrogate thing is right. The waiting list for adoption is so long. "I wanted you to have your own child, like Claire," says Mimi.

The brat wants to have a good time. Max cautions her about getting caught underage drinking in public. "Isn't my dad just great," she says, "He saved me."

Max says, "It blows my mind he broke the law."

"I'm his little girl," says the brat, "He loves me." The tipsy little brat curtseys and takes a swig.

"Bo is your father," asks Max, "Then how come they call you Satan's Spawn? Are you sure you didn't tamper with the evidence yourself?"

Abe meets Billie. She asks what will happen to Bo now. Abe says, "He could lose his badge and get jail time. This has got to be the worst year of his life. And now he loses Hope. I don't see how they can work things out."

Tek and Lexie romp. Lexie has second thoughts. Tek doesn't.

Nick brings the DNA test results into Jack's room. He hums as he opens the envelope and looks at the results, "What... the hell?" It's true! The DNA matches!"

"So you are Steve Johnson," says Jack, "Now you can be reunited with your wife and daughter."

"Hold it," says the bewildered Patch, "You mean I got a wife and kid? Can't be."

"The DNA doesn't lie," says Jack, "Look, I don't have much time here. Maybe this is my last opportunity to do something good. I can get you back together with your family."

Patch stammers, "I don't know those people."

"They are good people," insists Jack, "Do this for me – I'm dying. I'm your brother."

Bo comes into the pub. He asks if the Irish whiskey is out yet. He tells Caroline and OMB they are about to lose a daughter in law. Caroline tells him to have faith. Bo says, "I've lost my son and now my wife. Under the circumstances, my faith isn't very strong right now." He sees the place is set up for the party for Frankie and Jennifer. Bo thinks he should leave before he puts a damper on things.

Kayla walks in. Hugs all around. Bo is glad to see her. He asks if she is here for the wedding. Kayla says, "That, and I came her to tell you not to give up on Hope. Do whatever it takes to get her back."

Hope tells Frankie to file the divorce papers. Jennifer asks if she is positive. Hope just wants to concentrate on their wedding. Jennifer wonders if she shouldn't cancel. Hope won't let her cancel the wedding.

Big misunderstanding. Jennifer was talking about the party. Hope doesn't even want her to do that. Everyone wants happiness for everyone. "The only thing I know for sure is Bo isn't in my future," drones Hope.

Bo tells Kayla he has done everything he could. Kayla says, "The only excuse to give up the love of your life is some act of God. Steve was killed, but for you and Hope there is still a chance."

PatchNickSteve says, "I don't know you from Adam."

Jack asks, "You have amnesia, don't you?"

"I don't know," says Patch.

"These tests don't lie," says Jack, "You're a medical person. You know what they mean."

"A medical person," says Patch, "I'm just an orderly."

"You're more than that," says Jack.

Patch turns, "What, was I a doctor in my other life?"

Jack laughs, "Hardly."

"I can't go back from the dead," says Patch.

"I've done it plenty of times," says Jack, "It's not as bad as you think."

Jack tells him they didn't grow up together. Daddy Duke was abusive. Their mother gave them up for adoption. Jack's adoptive father was a serial killer.

"You are making this up," says Patch.

"Don't forget," says Jack, "This is DOOL."

"Oh, yeah... I forgot," says Patch, "OK that explains it." He insists he won't go to Salem and have a teary reunion scene.

Shawn is in shock, "Clare isn't my kid."

"My brain is shooting off in all directions," says Mimi.

Shawn says, "You have to face reality. There isn't enough of it to go in more than one direction. This would be as much your baby as mine. I think it would help if we at least explored our options. So what do you say? You wanna take that next step and find a surrogate for our baby?"

Max broods and waits for an answer. The brat asks how she could have gotten into the evidence room, "It had to be Bo."

"He might be prosecuted for this," says Max.

"He's a cop," says the little snot, "He will get off. And he will be happy with my mom."

"Not if it's all a based on a lie," says Max.

Billie tells Abe she doesn't understand how Hope can't realize how much Bo loves her. Abe counsels. He's so glad he and Lexie got a second chance.

Lexie calls it off. Tek says he loves her. Lexie has to go to the shower, but she agrees to meet him after. Smooch. The mysterious hand watches.

Max tells the brat Bo and Billie together won't make her happy. He knows she's feeling guilty about something. Abby walks up. She asks sarcastically, "What? Chelsea did something wrong?"

They all decide to go to the party. Max tells the brat she can't go because Hope will be there.

Patch says, "OK, so you're dying. Maybe I'm supposed to grant your last request. I'm not that thoughtful."

"Oh, yeah you are. It just takes you a little while to warm up to people, that's all," says Jack.

"So you think you know me, Jackson?"

"See," says Jack, "You're warming up already. You used to call me 'Jackson.'"

"What's this," says Patch, "A setup?"

"Yeah," says Jack, "It's a setup for you to have an incredible life. You have a wife and daughter."

"I'm not a family man."

"I used to be that way," says Jack, "Then Abby and JJ came along. JJ is so young he won't even remember me. Maybe you can tell him about me when I'm gone."

"I can't because I don't know you," says Patch, "If you miss your family so much, get on the phone. I don't know these people."

"These people have missed you for years," says Jack, "This is crazy. I hated your guts all my adult life."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a pain in the ass," says Jack, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Think about what I'm saying."

"All right," says Patch, "Here's the thing... The only way I will go is if you go. I don't know Diddly Do Wap about Steve Johnson. I don't even know if I want his life. But the only way I'm going back to Salem is if you ride with me BRO.

Jennifer's party is full of people who think they shouldn't be there. Bo and Billie mainly. We have the tender Hope, Jennifer and Kayla reunion. Kayla is so sorry about Zack. She pulls Bo and Hope together, "I am a woman on a mission. I am not leaving this time until the two of you have worked this out."

Prevuze

Mimi and Shawn go through the surrogate files. Mimi thinks it's like trying to find a blind date. They find one that sounds perfect. Coincidentally, she's in the hospital right now. "That's got to be a sign," says Shawn, "A sign from God. Or a sign that we're on a bad soap opera."

In a flash, the potential surrogate comes into Mimi's room. Introductions. Holly Landrieu. Things are moving right along.

Hope tells Kayla there is no point in wasting her time. Bo and her aren't getting back together. Kayla makes a pitch. Hope walks away.

Lexie walks up to the pub with a present. Tek follows like a lost puppy. She insists she and Tek can't go in there together. He can't wait to be with her even if it is the last time. The Hand stalks.

Inside, Abe says he wants to talk to Lexie about their marriage. He doesn't want to do anything to put their marriage at risk. He says he has been a fool, "I have put my pride in front of our love. I will do anything – whatever it takes, have any operation, just to make love to my beautiful wife again. I hope I'm still the man you want to be next to."

Lexie hugs him, "Oh, sweetheart. I love you so much."

Tek watches and seethes, "I can't let this happen."

Kayla works on Hope. Hope is adamant. Kayla says nothing in her life has been the same since she lost Steve, "If Steve was to walk through the door right now I would never let anything come between us again."

Kayla goes over to Bo and asks what he did to make Hope so angry. Bo asks, "Do you want me to go through all the foul-ups through the decades or just this last straw? " He tells her about someone tampering with the evidence. Bo insists he didn't do it. Kayla tells him not to give up.

Hope can't believe how many people think she should forgive Bo.

Abby thinks maybe the brat shouldn't go inside. The little sot, uh, snot slurs, "Hey, I'm a Brady too."

They go inside and Billie immediately swoops down on her. She tells the brat she shouldn't be there. Billie gives her a look, "Are you drunk again?"

The tipsy teen tart beams, "Isn't my dad the greatest?" She turns and hugs him, "Oh, Dad!"

Bo tells her she shouldn't be there. "Why not," she asks, "I'm part of the Brady Bunch aren't I?"

"The only reason you are here is to hurt your stepmother," says Bo.

"Don't call her that," she says, "We're not related."

"She's my wife," says Bo.

Billy yanks her away and tells her to stop making trouble. The happy little brat says, "I'm part of the family, especially since "Hopeless" is out of the picture."

Auntie Kayla introduces herself to the brat.

Abby tells Jennifer the fact that Frankie and her are getting married feels wrong. Jennifer says this is what Abby's dad wanted. Abby says, "After your wedding tomorrow, I am on my own."

Tek watches as Abe and Lexie talk. He texts Lexie. Lexie looks at the message on her cell phone: "I NEED YOU!"

She says there is an emergency at the hospital and leaves.

Lost puppy follows. Abe sees Tek leaving. He walks up to his old chum and asks, "Where are you going? Who is this mystery woman? Why don't you bring her to the wedding tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure I can work that fast," says Tek, "But if I do you'll be the first to know."

Holly tells Shawn and Mimi she is very health conscious. They want to know all about her. She hopes they choose her. It will give her a whole new life. She may even be able to kick her crack habit. She knows they will make fantastic parents. Holly leaves. Shawn is stoked about the whole thing. Mimi must be happy, too. She bawls like a baby.

Shawn wants to know what's going on. Mimi says, "I'm just being silly."

"Tell us something we don't know," says Shawn.

Mimi doesn't want to stand in the way of Shawn having the family he has always wanted, "Let's go for it. Holly is the one."

Shawn suggests, "Maybe we should interview a few more."

"She's the one," says the boss, "Go find her."

Shawn rushes out into the hall. Mimi follows with her hospital gown flapping in the breeze. They find Holly. Mimi tells her, "If you want us, we want you."

Holly is thrilled. She leaves to start filling out the forms. Everyone is sooooo excited. And they say things don't happen fast on this show. Shawn took more time to select the paint for the nursery.

Lexie tells Tek, "This is gonna be the last time." Tek lays her down. Outside, The Hand holds a message addressed to "Abe Carver."

Party-party. Bo watches and swills beer. Max wants to take the plastered brat home. She wishes her mom and dad were getting married. Billie tells her to cool it. Kayla and Caroline talk. It's hard for Kayla to understand what Bo and Hope are going through.

Jack tells Patch he misses his family. Patch tells him to quit crying and get his butt out of the bed and prove it to them. Jack decides to go home with Patch. He'll say goodbye to his family and reunite Patch with his, "If Kayla sees you walking through that door, it's gonna blow her away." FF Patch.


Previews
========

Sami and EJ do a hot dance. EJ says, "Don't speak."

Billie tells Patrick, "I will not do anything to come between Bo and Hope and neither should you."

Bo tells Frankie, "Ya gotta help me stop her from going through with this divorce that's destroying both of our lives."

Hope walks outside. The Hand grabs her by the mouth. Hope gasps.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, Shawn spending more time on the paint was classic. That one was hilarious.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another classic line was Jack assuring Patch that coming from the dead wasn't that hard, "I've done it plenty of times." HAHAHAHA

AND the whole surrogate thing is adding up to be, as Prevuze puts it, "a sign of being on a really bad soap opera." For one thing, for a surrogate to get implanted with Shirmi's kid, Mimi will have to pop out a few more eggs to get fertilized. I thought that was a big problem....TLT.

Great Prevuze, glad I could finally get to it.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that comment on the side with Lexie and Tek..."THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE LAST TIME today!" LOL! I hope it's only for today...I like them together...I hope the writers find a way to make them an official couple.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs