Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Letter

Lexie begs "Make love to me, Tek."

Abe comes out of the restaurant and sees the SUV. He walks up to it and says, "NO."

Lexie hears him, "OMG!"

John comes up and asks if Abe is OK. "No," says Abe, "I don’t think I ever will be again." Lexie cowers.

Alex and Marlena are at dinner. Alex says, "You're awfully quiet this evening. I brought you out to get things off you mind, so tell me what I can do. I can't stand to see you like this."

Marlena insists she will be fine. She is worried about John attacking him. Alex reassures her. He is learning to roll with the punches. He will look into another restraining order. Marlena remains worried, "There is already one restraining order. John needs to be in jail."

Alex vows, "If I get my way, John will never threaten me or upset you again."

"What are you going to do," asks Marlena.

Mimi cries and tells Bonnie what Heather said.

Bonnie tries to comfort her, "She probably had a crush on Shawn in high school and he didn't know she was alive."

"Kind of like me," bawls Mimi.

"Dry your eyes," says Bonnie, "This is your shower. Look at all these presents. Especially that big plasma TV. You have so much to look forward to – better and pricier gifts."

"What if Shawn finds out, and finds out I knew," asks Mimi, "He is going to find out because I am going to tell him, Mom."

Belle needs to talk to Shawn. Shawn stares. Phillip watches.

Victor and Kate talk. Victor heads off to find Shawn, "You're not gonna stop me this time, Kate." Translation: the secret is safe.

Phillip tells Victor and Kate, "Actually, there is something I want to say to Belle and Shawn, and I want you and everyone else to hear it."

Lexie and Tek hide while Abe and John talk. Abe says, "I can't help but be frustrated. My vision is not getting back to normal. My night vision is so bad I might as well be blind."

Lexie lets out a sigh of relief. Abe says he saw Tek's car parked here, "And it looked like it was moving. My eyes are playing tricks on me." He figures Lexie had to go to the hospital. She was on call. John wants to talk about Alex North. He takes Abe for a drink.

"That was close," says Tek.

"I never should have done this," cries Lexie.

"Lucky for us old Abe is blind as a bat when the sun goes down," says Tek. Lexie removes his foot from his mouth and... SLAP!

Shawn tells Belle he thinks they have said everything there is to say. So does the audience.

Phillip gets up to make a speech as Bonnie shuts Mimi up.

Phillip takes the microphone and says, "As Shawn's best friend, best man and best uncle, I would like to make a toast. Shawn, buddy, you are one lucky bastard – about to marry one of my favorite girls. Take it from me, marriage is amazing. The smartest thing I have ever done is to marry Belle. If it weren’t for her I wouldn't be here tonight. After losing my leg I thought my life was over. She showed me what a wonderful future we had together. She got me home. I endured hours of rehab and she got me through it. I didn't think I could get any happier but she gave me our little girl. When I saw her for the first time it was the happiest time of my life. I know Shawn and Mimi will experience the miracle of a family soon. It will give your life new meaning. Anyway, what I really want to say is, I love you both very much and wish you the best. To Shawn and Mimi. The room empties as everyone runs outside to puke.

Shawn kisses Mimi and leaves. Bonnie tells Mimi she can't do it, "You take Phillip's wife and baby away and who knows what it will do to him."

Shawn and Phillip share a guy hug. Shawn gets everyone's attention and thanks Phillip. He toasts Belle and Phillip and Claire.

Lexie says, "How dare you speak that way about Abe? ...Oh, who am I to talk? I have totally betrayed his trust. If he knew it would end our marriage."

"It's not a real marriage," says Tek, "When was the last time you were together – as man and wife? He may not be able to satisfy you, but he could still show affection if he wanted. Abe doesn't want you. I do. I can give you everything you need."

Stop it," says Lexie.

"I'm not just talking about sex," says Tek, "But I've never wanted a woman as much as you. I know you want me too. This isn't wrong. Abe made a choice. He pushed you away. Can you stay away from me?"

"I can't," says Lexie, "God forgive me." They pick up where they left off.

Marlena asks how Alex plans to keep John away. Alex flashes back to the morgue and Alex reminding John he is the one who injected Lois. "I won't have to," says Alex, "The legal system will punish him." Marlena thinks John is very dangerous. They talk about his nefarious past. Alex just wants to enjoy the evening. They vow to talk about something else. Marlena goes to powder her nose. I will get the desert menu," says Alex, "I feel like something decadent this evening."

"And you will get what you want," says Marlena.

John tells Abe Alex has been taunting him, "I will murder that SOB with my bare hands if that is what it takes to stop him."

Marlena overhears, "Oh my word, you really are sick. These threats against my husband have to stop, and stop now." John drinks and nods. "Alex is right," says Marlena, "You are a monster."

John growls, "I hate the thought of breaking a nail to protect you, but I'll risk it."

"Is there any wonder I chose Alex," says Marlena.

"Is there any wonder I will risk my life to protect yours," says John.

Alex walks up and asks, "Is there a problem here?"

"You mean other than the lame dialogue," asks John.

Kate is grateful Victor kept his mouth shut, "It would have destroyed Phillip."

Belle grabs Shawn. Shawn says, "What is it? Just tell me."

Clueless Phillip overhears and says, "I know exactly what she wants to tell you, Shawn."

Back to the SUV. Moaning. Afterglow. "That was amazing," says Tek. I never felt like this about anyone. I care what happens to you. We were meant to be together. Can you spend the rest of your life in a cold lonely bed with a man who could be your brother?"

"On this show, he really might turn out to be my brother," says Lexie.

Marlena says there is no problem. She was saying her future is with Alex, not John. They leave. John the hothead starts after them. Abe stops him, "Stop going off half cocked. Think! Use your head instead of your fist."

"That could be painful," says John.

"Beat North at his own game," says Abe, "Do you know what I am talking about?"

"Yeah."

"You give him ammunition and you will wind up in jail for good," says Abe, "Then you won't be any help to Marlena at all. Get the goods on North and the rest will take care of itself." John leaves to do his dirty work.

Alex is sorry John has upset Marlena. John's actions scare Marlena. Alex goes to get the check. Marlena remembers John giving her a blue diamond pendant. "A blue diamond is extremely rare," says John, "Kind of like a good story line on DOOL. Just like our love, it will last all the Days Of Our Lives.

Phillip says he knows Belle wants to tell Shawn she's sorry it didn't work out with them, but he found love with Mimi, "I just think we should be with the ones we love."

Shawn says, "When I met this lovely woman I knew all my dreams could come true." Phillip calls for a group hug. They all huddle up.

"Look at them," says Kate, "We have to leave well enough alone."

Bonnie signals Mimi to leave form across the room. Mimi gets the message and suggests they go. Phillip goes to get the coats. Mimi goes over to say goodnight to Bonnie.

Guess who this leaves alone... Belle drags him outside.

Mimi vows to tell Shawn the truth. Tonight.

Back at the loft the clueless quartet splits up. Once again Belle and Shawn are left together. Belle asks to meet on the roof. Shawn reminds her the last time they were up there they almost got caught. Phillip brings Claire out. Ga-ga.

Inside, Mimi wonders how she will tell Shawn, "What if I chicken out again? I know! I'll write him a letter." She sits down and takes out a pen and piece of paper, "Dear Shawn..." Whatever you do, Mimi, don't use any two-syllable words.

John searches the penthouse. He hears Alex and Marlena coming. He runs upstairs.

Alex and Marlena walk in. Alex thinks Marlena is still upset. He suggests they get her upstairs to bed. John hides in the closet as he hears them talk. Alex says goodnight. He can't wait until the wedding night, "I know it's silly. We are married. We've lived together, but I want the first night to be special."

"I think it's sweet and romantic," says Marlena. John watches. Marlena is tired. Alex offers to make her some warm milk. Marlena decides she will take a sleeping pill instead. Alex leaves. Marlena pulls the pills out and pops one. John smacks his lips when he sees the bottle of pills.

Marlena pulls out a picture of her and John and shudders. John spies.

"Tek," says Lexie, "this is the last time. I can't keep breaking my marriage vows." Translation: We have many more 'last times' ahead of us.

"We say that now," says Tek, "But we both know you can't. We've gone too far. There is no reason to try going back."

"OMG," gasps Lexie, "It's Abe." She walks up to him as Tek hides. She tells him she was paged to go to the hospital.

"It's no good Lexie," he says.

"Abe, uh, what are you saying?"

"It's my night vision."

"Come on," says Lexie, "You have to be patient. You are still recovering."

"My mind has been playing tricks on me," says Abe, "I thought I saw you with someone."

"It must have been a shadow or something," says Lexie, "You'll be yourself again soon." They go off. Tek stares.

Alex paces downstairs and toasts his perfect plan, "It won't be long now 'till it'll all be over and I will have finally had my revenge."

Marlena looks at the picture. She puts it aside and turns in. John comes out of the closet, so to speak. He starts to leave.

Marlena sits up, "John. Thank God you're here. Don't go. John, I still love you."

Kate asks Victor to reconsider. "No, I won't tell him for now," says Victor, "Too much heartache involved."

Belle paces up on the roof. Mystery boy, (any bets who?) puts an arm around her from behind. "I knew you would come," she says, "We can't go on like this any more. You and I have to be honest about the way we feel even if it hurts other people."

"What are you talking about," asks Phillip. Belle stares.

Inside their apartment, Shawn looks for Mimi. He sees the letter. He opens it, "What is this?"

Mimi watches as Shawn reads. Mimi bawls, "This is it. When he reads the letter he will know the truth and leave me."

Shawn reads. FF.


Previews
========

Austin tells Sami, "You're definitely worthy of being loved." Passionate kiss. Sort of passionate. OK, I've seen better.

Lucas says, "The hell with being cautious. I love you Carrie Brady."

Marlena whispers to John, "I want us to make love."

Mimi says, "I wrote Shawn a letter and what I'm trying to tell him affects all of us. Ever thing is going to change."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me guess (yawn). Shwan reading the letter is another Mimi fantasy. No, Days wouldn't something like that - again - would they? (Another yawn)

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. if it isn't a fantasy it will just say "I have something I have to tell you" same old stuff we have already been through.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And speaking of fantasies (or a dream), does anyone really believe that Marlena is asking John to make love to her??

Looks like lots of good zapping opportunities in this show.

At least Prevuze is always good for an early morning laugh-a-thon.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the analysis of the Sami Austin kiss. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs