Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Spitting Images

Bonnie works on Mimi's wedding dress. Shawn comes in. He sees Belle in the wedding dress instead of Mimi, "Wow! You look beautiful." Mimi beams.

"I think we can put any doubts to rest," says Bonnie, "Anyone can see he is head over heels in love with the woman in that dress."

"Oh no," whines Mimi, "This is wrong. We can't get married now." Ya gotta give ole Shawn credit. He can sure pick the crybabies.

Oh, the cinematic genius... Transition to Marlena in her wedding dress. She wants to know what John is doing there. "I know this will disappoint Alex," he says, "But I made bail."

Alex watches as they talk. John claims he had nothing to do with Lois' death. He's there to make sure she isn't the next murder victim. Marlena insists Alex is her protector. She tells him they are planning to renew their vows, "Alex had this gown designed especially for me!"

"I'll give him one for creativity," says John, "But this is one move he will never pull off."

The brat gets home. Patrick startles her, "I thought you never wanted to see me again."

"I don't."

"Then get out of my house," he says.

"What're you gonna have me arrested for breaking and entering?"

Patrick lectures her, ""There are a lot of people suffering because of you. Do you want Billie punished for your crime?"

She goes to get her things. Patrick tells her, "You don't have to move to get away from me. I'm leaving Salem."

Bo and Billie are in bed. Bo dreams of Hope. Billie hugs him. The aforementioned Hope arrives with Jennifer. In she goes... oops. Jennifer asks what is wrong. She takes a look for herself, "Oh, my gosh. Hope – I'm sorry."

Hope cries, "Why do I have to be hit over the head to see the truth? He made his choice. Now he has to live with it."

The little snot says she won't miss Patrick. He thinks Jennifer and Hope will. He would stay if they needed him, but Jennifer has Frankie. He doesn't know what Hope will do, "Bo has some nerve. He sees me comforting his wife and freaks out. A funeral is a hell of a place to pick a fight. That's why I'm leaving. I'm not gonna be the reason they spilt up."

Kate Jr. says, "If you were a good friend to Hope you wouldn't be bailing when she needs you most."

Patrick says, "Like I said, I am not going to be the reason they break up. I'm going to pack."

Jennifer is sorry she brought Hope there. Hope goes in for another look. Bo dreams of Hope. Billie sees Hope at the door and says, "Make love to me again, Bo." Jennifer hustles Hope away. Billie rolls her eyes and gets up. She closes the door and stares at Bo. She remembers Chelsea's phone call. Oh, the guilt, "OMG, what have I done?"

Alex watches as John tells Marlena Alex is playing mind games, "The gown is the spitting image of the one you wore at our wedding." He has her look in the mirror. Flashback to the wedding. "Try to remember... Marlena..."

Marlena says, "I am so happy. Why are you trying to ruin this?"

"I see it in your eyes," says John, "You remember. Lock in on the rest of that day. We declared our love for each other. We took vows we would be true for all the Days Of Our Lives.

"Even if did remember," says Marlena, "I was married to Alex first. I will respect those vows. And after that I would respect my vows with Roman. And after that I would respect my vows with Don. And after that... I trust Alex and am suspicious of you."

Alex comes down. He asks if John if his lover Kate bailed him out.

Mimi freaks because Shawn has seen the dress. They shove Shawn out into the path of, who else, Belle.

Mimi throws a fit, "I definitely want a new dress. Our marriage is doomed, especially if he finds out he is Claire's father..."

Kate shuts her up, "Don't ever say that again!"

Bonnie hears Belle and Shawn talking out in the hall, "Why won't that little witch leave him alone?" She puts a glass up to the door to listen.

Belle is having a hard time thinking about Mimi wearing that dress, and that big ring, and marrying Shawn.

Shawn imagines Belle in the dress.

"Tell me what you are thinking," says Belle.

"When I saw Mimi in that dress," says Brainiac, "I thought of you."

Belle says, "You still want to be with me. Just admit it."

Bo snaps awake. Billie asks how he is feeling, "My head is split open."

"I can see that," says Billie, "It's like staring into an empty cavern."

Billie gives him aspirin. She checks his hand. He takes the aspirin and asks if she slept in a chair. Billie is noncommittal. He thanks her for being there for him. He starts to dress, "I gotta get home. Hope needs me." For a punching bag.

She pleads with him, "Bo, Chelsea needs you."

"I know that," says Bo, "I won't abandon her."

"How will Hope feel about that," asks Billie.

"I don't think she will ever forgive her," says Bo, "But we will always be a family and will have to figure a way to stay together. Thanks for being a good friend. I don't know that I deserve it."

Billie offers a ride. Bo will walk to the cemetery and get his bike. Billie doesn't think Hope should find out about this, "We spent the night together... nothing happened, though."

Bo leaves. Billie cries, "I'm so sorry, Bo. I did it for Chelsea. I will not let her go to jail. I just hope you can forgive me some day."

Patrick is on the phone arranging a flight to Morgan Island.

Chelsea listens and thinks, "Patrick can't leave unless he takes Hope."

Jennifer and Hope are back at Jennifer's house. Jennifer apologizes for taking her to the motel. Hope knows Bo was drunk and thinks Billie took advantage of him, "I lost my little boy, and now my husband to the woman who gave birth to my little boy's killer. It is over between us. I can't ever take him back."

Bonnie listens. Belle asks Shawn, "Why can't you just say you love me?"

"What good would it do," says Shawn, "You are married to Phillip. We made our choices."

Bonnie looks to the heavens, "Thank you, God, for making Shawn so honorable. Not very bright, but honorable."

Kate comes into the room and tells Bonnie she shouldn't blurt out everything she hears. Mimi comes out and asks what they are plotting. Bonnie is just happy Mimi is marrying Shawn. She tells Kate she needs the Basic Black credit card, "Gotta get the Lockhart locks coiffed. You know, the mother of the bride is the second most beautiful woman at the wedding... next to the bride. Hand it over Katykins."

"OK," says Kate, "Just stop with the nicknames."

Bonnie leaves. She stops and talks to Belle and Shawn. She tells them Mimi is beautiful in the dress, hugs Shawn and says, "You and Mimi will be so happy. Just like Belle and Phillip. And that Claire... She's the spitting image of her daddy, Phillip." Bonnie leaves to get beautiful for the wedding and thinks, "Duct tape, that's what I need over my big fat mouth."

Mimi tells Kate, "Everyone knows Shawn would marry Belle if he could."

"Happiness with the man you love is worth one little lie," says Kate.

Belle can't help wishing Shawn were Claire's father.

"I'll always be her godfather," says Shawn, "She'll always be a part of my life."

John wants to know what kind of stunt Alex is trying to pull. Alex says, "When the designer heard Marlena was renewing her vows, she must have figured it was with you, John. So she assumed she would want the same dress as before."

Marlena chimes in, "It's a lovely gown but it's not the reason I am renewing my vows."

Alex congratulates John for buying his way out of jail, "Now, why don't you just go."

That starts a bona-fide chest-bumping contest. John gets tired of that. He hauls off and cold cocks Alex.

Marlena runs to the unconscious Alex and asks, "How could you do that?" John works his hand and sneers.

. Patrick packs. Bonnie comes in. He tells her he is leaving town. Bonnie tries to convince him to stay, "You are going to marry Billie and give me a couple grandkids to cuddle."

"Billie and I never got that far," says Patrick.

"I heard those bed springs squeaking," says Bonnie, "I thought the Lockhart's were on the way up. Mimi is marrying Shawn and you have Billie."

"I don't want to do anything to come between Bo and Hope," says Patrick, "What are you thinking about?"

"Hope's a Horton," says Bonnie.

"Meems is marrying Hope's son," says Patrick.

Bonnie begs, "If Hope wants your comfort then let her have it. Make your move. Hope is perfect for you. If it weren't for me being such a busybody my kids would have no love life at all. Honey, you're on second base with her. Turn on that Lockhart sex appeal and you'd be sliding into home plate. You'll be coming home every night to a beautiful wife and oodles of money. What could be more perfect than that?" Patrick looks around for some duct tape.

Billie has coffee at the Java Café. She sits down wilt the little snot. The brat says, "Don't tell me you wimped out."

"No," says Billie, "I got into bed with him. He was still passed out. I unlocked the door and made sure Hope saw us."

"Fantastic," says the conniving little brat, "Hope won't take Bo back now. I feel so much better. Thank you. Now Bo will be on my side. And you can be with the man you love."

Billie is shocked, "My God Chelsea who are you? When two people love each other the way they do, they won't be apart long."

"When Bo realizes things are over with Hope," says Bratula, "He will be with you."

Billie sighs, "You don't understand about love do you? They are soul mates. They are going through a tough time, but they will find a way back to each other."

The brat pleads, "Mom, we can finally be a family."

Billie asks, "Do you feel at all guilty about braking them up?"

"Of course," says the little scumbag, "But they aren't the only people who have a right to be happy. So do I. So do you. I need you and Bo to be there right now. I'm terrified to go to prison. I don't know what will happen to me there."

"You'll meet some nice bitch and settle down with that relationship you've always wanted," says Billie, "It's gonna be OK. I'll be there for you."

"I don't' see how it can be OK unless you keep Bo away from Hope," says the little snot, "She hates me and wants to see me suffer."

Hope raises her coffee cup and makes a toast, "Here's to the rest of my life without Bo."

Jennifer says, "I will not drink to that."

"It's a reality now," says Hope, "My little boy just died and Bo's sleeping with Billie."

"He was drunk," says Jennifer.

"That is no excuse," cries Hope, "I keep hearing her voice, 'Bo, make love to me again.' He has decided to stay with his daughter's mother. He is choosing Chelsea over me. He will make a new family with her. I have lost him to Billie forever this time. My heart is breaking." Who threw him out, Hope?

Bo's motorcycle roars up. Hope runs. Bo charges in the front door asking to see her, "I saw her car in the driveway. I know she's here."

"It's too late," says Jennifer, "You can't see her."

"What are you talking about," asks Bo.

Marlena tends to Alex. John struts, "Oh for God's sake."

"Are you still here," asks Marlena, "You're trying to destroy him aren’t you?"

"I shot him because I thought he was trying to kill you," says John, "I knocked him out because I am sure of it."

Marlena yells, "If you don't leave here I will call the police. Leave me alone with the man I love."

Alex smirks. John raises an eyebrow and leaves.

"I think he finally got the message," says Marlena.

Shawn tells Belle he has felt connected to Claire but she is not his daughter, "That's just the way it is."

Mimi contemplates her ring. Kate says, "Look, how many people will suffer if the truth comes out now."

Mimi asks, "And how many will suffer if it comes out later"

"This is your only chance at happiness," says Kate, "Sometimes a lie can be your very best friend. In this case it will get you the man of your dreams and a future filled with promise. Tell him the truth and you will be miserable for the rest of your life."

Shawn and Belle. On and on. Blah, blah, blah. Zap, zap, zap. What they had is gone. Don't we wish they were gone, too.

Alex hugs Marlena. He just wants to move ahead, renew their vows and go on a romantic honeymoon where John can't hurt them again.

Outside in the hall, John seethes, "If it's the last thing I do... and it might be... I'm gonna make sure she sees the truth about Dr. Alex North."

Patrick isn't going to put the moves on a grieving mother. Bonnie makes her pitch. This is why Patrick is getting out of Salem.

He leaves to do more packing.

Bonnie laments, "Why won't my kids ever listen to me. All I want is for them to be happy... and loaded." She takes a drink and grimaces.

The brat tells Billie Patrick said they could live in his house while he is gone. Billie tells her she spent years being unrealistic about Bo, "Eventually they will find their way back to each other." She goes for more coffee.

The little snot schemes, "I have to figure out a way to get Hope out of the picture. Patrick said something about Morgan Island. How can I get Hope to wind up there too?"

Bo fights to get past Jennifer. He runs outside as Jennifer yells, "She will never forgive you. I'm not sure she should."

Hope's car screeches away. It's a good thing there are no little kids in her path. Bo runs after her and screams, "HOPE... HOPE!" FF.


Previews
========

Abby gives Hope flowers, "They're from Chelsea – kind of a peace offering." Hope asks, "And these are supposed to make up for killing my son?"

Bo asks, "How are you gonna prove to Marlena that this North character is a murderer?" John says, "Well, I'll get Marlena away from him... one way... or another."

Alex uncovers Lois' corpse, "Lois, I hope I'm not catching you at a bad time, but... we need to talk."

Belle says to Marlena, "I saw the announcement in the paper. I'm sorry, Mom, but this wedding cannot happen."

Roman gasps for air as he struggles to sit up, "Nicole... please... have mercy on an old man..."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Kate Jr.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly inspired pictures today, a LOL moment every one of them.

That last shot in the previews, "Roman - have mercy on an old man, Nicole" was funny. She must be good. Perhaps she's the reason Roman missed Zach's funeral and Bo's melt-down.

An out-of-it Bo, Billie taking advantage, Hope walking in on it....can we say big fat rehash of the same old gas-in-the-pit story-line for pete's sake??

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the preview of the following day's show --- with your spoofy fake preview of Roman and Nicole.

OMG, I will be laughing about that all day long!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs