Monday, February 13, 2006

All Choked Up

Marlena walks through the hospital and vows, "Alex is my future. I will not let John destroy that."

Meanwhile, looped Lois is having trouble staying awake under the influence of the truth serum. John envies her, but struggles to keep her awake and asks how long she and Alex have been working together. Lois slurs, "Isn't it obvious, Alex and I have been working together all along. Once Marlena is out of the way Alex will marry me."

"And what is he going to do to her," asks John.

"He's going to kill her!"

Phillip and Belle toast Valentine's Day, then they toast Zack. Belle is uneasy that they left Claire, but Phillip tells her it's important they have some time together by themselves after all they have been through. Phillip gives her a Valentine's Day present – a locket with a picture of Claire inside. After opening it, she flashes back to her admission to Caroline – that she still loves Shawn and wishes Claire was his baby. Phillip," she says, "There is something I need to say to you."

Bonnie is ecstatic about Shawn deciding to marry Mimi right away. Mimi tells Bonnie to cool it, "He just came from his brother's funeral." Shawn says it's OK, but decides to break out cider instead of champagne because of Bonnie's health situation.

"I'd like to make a toast," says Shawn.

"I can't believe this is happening to us... I mean you," says Bonnie.

Mortified Mimi takes Bonnie aside, "I'm marrying him under false pretenses."

"You love him, he loves you, there's nothing false about that," says Bonnie.

Back to the toast. Shawn says, "To the woman I love, who is beautiful, caring and honest."

"NO," shouts Mimi, "I'm not... I'm not."

Billie can't believe Bo arrested the little snot. Bo says he did it himself because he was easier on the brat than the cops would have been.

"What does it matter," asks the brat, "I'm still charged with manslaughter. I'm still going to jail."

"Chelsea," says Billie, "Do you think your father is happy about this? He just buried his son. He doesn’t' want to lose his daughter, too."

Bo tells Chelsea he will do what he can to keep her out of jail, "I would like to talk to Hope about it, but she doesn't want anything to do with me right now."

Patrick brings Hope home. They find a package on the porch. Hope figures it's a 'care package' from one of the neighbors. They go inside. Patrick opens it while Hope goes to turn up the heat, "OMG," he says, "How much more can Hope take?"

Bo tells Billie he is responsible, but won't turn his back on Chelsea.

"Thank you, Dad," says the little sweetie pie.

Bo has to go make some calls. They come to book the brat.

The box contains stuff from Zack's school. Hope cries as she goes through it. She finds a Valentine Zack made for her.

"Hope," says Patrick, "I'm here for you. I think I can do something that will help."

Alex listens as John grills Lois. John wants to know exactly how Alex will kill Marlena. Lois doesn't give specifics. "I’ll be back," says the Inquisinator, as he leaves. Outside, John, of course, just misses Marlena in the hallway and then goes to a pay phone and tries to call her. No answer. The machine picks up and John slams the phone back down.

Meanwhile, Lois is in la-la-land humming a lullaby as Alex watches, "Desperate times..." says Alex, "Desperate measures."Stupid show – stupid plot.

Shawn wants to know what Mimi is talking about. Bonnie butts in and says Mimi suffers from low self-esteem to compliment her low IQ. She suggests the two of them go out for a romantic dinner. Mimi isn't enthusiastic about it and says, "Besides we have lasagna in the fridge."

"Not anymore," says Bonnie.

Shawn likes the idea and goes to get ready. Mimi says "You ate an ENTIRE LASAGNE. Oh, wait... I guess it's OK since there is nothing wrong with you." Physically, anyway.

Bonnie says, "I binge out when I get nervous. I was afraid you were going to tell Shawn he is the father of Belle's baby."

Shawn comes out and says he will call Maggie and see if she can squeeze them in at Chez Rouge. He apologizes for not going to Alice's. Bonnie tells him it's OK, they will have a rockin' wedding reception for them there. As Bonnie leaves she tells them, "Don't forget to make wedding plans."

Meanwhile, back at the aforementioned restaurant, Phillip says Belle can tell him anything. Belle flashes back to her conversation with Caroline. She cops out, "I want you to know how much you mean to me. You've made such sacrifices for your country and the people you love."

"I just want to make you and Claire happy," says Phillip.

"You do," says Belle.

"That's good," he says as he stands up and takes her hand, "Because I have another surprise for you." They get up to dance and talk about how incredible his prostheses is. Phillip twirls her across the dance floor, "I could dance with you all the Days Of Our Lives."

Belle looks across the room and her smile melts, "Shawn..."

"What did you just say," asks Phillip.

"Uh, Shawn... is here with Mimi," says Belle.

They go over to greet them. Phillip asks Shawn and Mimi to join them on the dance floor.

Bo talks on the phone in Roman's office. The booked brat comes back and whines about her experiences. Bo comes out and tells her she is being released. Oh, the relief! Bo pulled strings with the assistant DA.

"You came through for us, Bo. Thank you," says Billie.

Patrick has made tea for Hope. She clutches Zack's things. Patrick comes over and puts a hand on her shoulder, "It's OK."

Hope turns and says, "Thank you."

"Bo should be taking care of you right now," says Patrick.

Hope spews venom, "I can't even look at him right now. He betrayed me. How can I ever forgive him?"

Bonnie dances around and celebrates with high-fat food. She flings herself onto the couch. Suddenly, she clutches her chest. She hopes it's just indigestion.

Shawn and Mimi dance. He says he can always count on her.

"I'm glad you feel that way," says Mimi. They hug. Mimi stares. Shawn flashes back to Zack's appearance, telling them he and Belle are meant for each other.

Belle watches. Phillip says he is glad to see them doing normal things.

Mimi tells Shawn they don't have to rush things.

"That reminds me," says Shawn, "I have a surprise for you."

Alex comes into Lois' room. She is sooooo happy to see him. "Lois," says Alex, "You have been rather chatty. You told John our secrets. Now he thinks he can take Marlena away. I can't have that."

"You don't love her," says Lois, "You love me."

Alex thinks, "You are so wrong, Lois. And I will do whatever it takes."

John tells Marlena, "Listen to me. Alex has been plotting with Lois all along. They're in love and they're planning to kill you."

Patrick says he is the last person who would defend Bo, but Hope shouldn't go through tough times without him.

"Do you know where he is," asks Hope, "He is with Chelsea right now." She goes through the box, "Everything that mattered to Zack is in this box. I never would have known the truth if it weren't' for you. You are the only one who didn't lie to me. I'm grateful." Hugs.

Bo goes to post bail.

The brat apologizes for ruining things for Billie and Patrick, "But now you're spending all this time with Bo."

"We are both happy we can be here for you," says Billie, "We have to be realistic. Hope is very angry about what happened, and she will probably ask for the maximum sentence. She is a cop and will have a lot of influence in court."

"I know," says the brat, "She will be out for blood. I never meant for any of this to happen. I have to live with this forever. Isn't that punishment enough? Dad shouldn't have to lose another kid. But if the judge listens to Hope, he will."

Bo comes back. The brat is free to go. He has to go check on Hope, "If I can find her."

As he leaves the brat apologizes. He knows she is sorry.

The brat whines, "I feel so bad for him. It was an accident. Do you think me going to prison will help anything? Zack is never coming back and neither are my parents."

Billie sits down beside her. The brat continues, "I'm really sorry. I'll bet he wishes you never found me."

"No," says Billie, "That's not true. Everyone else in Salem wishes we had never found you, but not Bo."

The little snot says, "The only way Hope will ever give dad another chance is if he takes her side. We can't let Bo and Hope get back together."

Lois caresses Alex, "Did you bring me the Valentine I wanted – Marlena's heart on a platter."

"I will get you a Valentine you can hang in your room," says Alex, "Something that shows how I really feel about you."

Marlena says, "This is preposterous. Lois is wacky."

"I gave her truth serum," says John, "I believe every word. I am going to nail him."

"No," says Marlena, "I love him."

"Why won't you listen to anyone but Alex," asks John.

"Do you know how many times you have cried wolf," asks Marlena. John drags her back toward Lois' room.

Shawn orders 'dessert.' They waiter delivers a covered silver tray. Shawn lifts the lid and there sits a cheesecake with a mountain of whipped cream, topped off with a diamond ring.

"It is stunning," says Mimi.

"This diamond has been in my family for years," says Shawn, "It originally belonged to Hezekiah Horton. He chiseled it out of the side of the mountain as he came through the Cumberland Gap on the way to Salem, and gave it to Great-great grandma Maude. He slips it on her finger. Kiss. Love. Belle and Phillip come up and Mimi shows them the ring. Belle recognizes the Hezekiah Horton diamond.

Shawn tells them they are getting married ASAP. Belle can hardly contain her joy.

Bonnie binges. Bonnie belches. She tells herself it's just indigestion.

Shawn and Mimi, Belle and Phillip dance. Phillip cuts in on Shawn setting up the Belle Shawn moment.

Phillip tells Mimi she has the future she's always wanted. Mimi says, "Noting can come between us, right?" She thinks, "Unless, Shawn finds out he is Claire's father."

Belle lies, "I hope you and Mimi will be very happy."

Shawn asks, "What's wrong?"

Belle blurts it out, "This is wrong! This is all wrong!"

Billie can't believe what Chelsea said, "To want to break up your father's marriage... they just lost their baby!"

"Hope is just not good for him," says the brat, "If they never get back together, that's not a bad thing for any of us."

Bo gets home. Patrick and Hope are grieving on the couch. Bo storms in, "What the hell is going on here? Get your hands off of my wife!"

John drags Marlena to Lois' door. He goes inside as Alex leaves and straightens his tie.

Lois is all choked up over her Valentine's present as she dangles lifelessly from the ceiling.

FF on open-mouthed John and screaming Marlena with a shot of Alex grinning in the background.


Previews
========

Chelsea tells Billie, "This is your chance. After all these years, to be with the only man you have ever loved."

John tells Marlena, "I'm telling you right now. He tried to kill Lois and if we don't stop him right now, you are next!"

Belle tells Shawn, "If you marry Mimi, you will be making a huge mistake." Shawn asks, "Why." Belle says, "I still love you."

Hope screams at Bo, "She killed our son! How dare you let her go free!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now we have the treasured Horton diamond - of which we've never heard of before. And how did Shawn get his hands on it?? The Inquisinator wants to know. I love these honored family traditions that just come out of nowhere!

Loved the pictures! Let the Prevuze insanity end...never.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog....I do believe you are yanking my chain. HAHAHAHA

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs