Monday, November 14, 2005

The World According To Alex

Mimi is shocked, "SHAWN IS CLAIRE'S FATHER?"

Belle says, "What?"

"You just said Shawn was Claire's father," says Mimi.

"No I didn't," says Belle, "If I said it, it was a slip of the tongue."

"Or a Freudian slip, because you wished Shawn was the father," says Mimi.

"That's ridiculous," says Belle, "Phillip is Claire's father."

"Are you sure," asks Mimi, "Did you and Shawn ever sleep together?"

"YOU KNOW WE DIDN'T," insists Belle.

"If we are going to be friends again, you have to be totally honest with me," says Mimi, "Are you still in love with Shawn?"

Hans Schnitzel and Lulu have a big, ahem, reunion. Lulu says she is there to make sure Hans doesn't get snookered into selling his product to the wrong group.

Lucas is livid, "Dr. Schnitzel has already signed with Titan."

"I don't see any papers," says Sami.

Nicole whispers to Austin, "You'd better stop Sami before she ruins everything."

Austin says, "We've already lost the account. Things are already ruined."

Hans says to Austin, "My little sveetie hass a much better head for zee business and zayz I zhould zign vith you. Zo tell me, vhy zhouldn't I zign vith Titan?" The world awaits Austin's answer.

The Three Romans continue their relentless but curious pursuit of the memory-challenged Marlena. Alas, it seems the demented Doctor North has won her favor. John goes through the damning papers Alex has produced, "These papers aren't real. They are computer generated or doctored. In all the years we've known each other, Marlena, you've never shared any of this with me."

Roman chimes in, "Nor to me."

The voice of Don Craig comes out of nowhere, "Nor to me."

"So," says John, "Do you have any memories at all of being married to this clown?"

"No," says Marlena, "I don't."

Alex reminds her, "But then, you don't have very many memories of the past at all, do you?" Marlena says she doesn’t. He turns to John, "And it wouldn't be in your best interest to say if she had told you about her first husband, would it?"

"That's a good point," says Marlena.

Alex takes Marlena aside, "I am telling you the truth. The first man you married, the man who, in God's eyes, and more importantly who the writers of this show have decreed by once again rewriting history, is your true husband, is me."

Nicole wants to know how Sami hooked up with Lulu in the first place. Sami tells them she was reading her horoscope, which said a stranger held the key to her success. Lulu chimes in, "That's the same thing my horoscope said." Sami tells them how she met Lulu. They have a lot in common. Lulu says she isn't about to let Hans' product "get swallowed up by a heartless, soulless conglomerate."

"Why do you think that's what we are," says Billie.

Lulu says "My girl Sami told me so." Her girl Sami innocently shrugs her shoulders.

Alex and John argue about the legitimacy of the documents. Roman throws in his two-cents worth. He thinks Alex is exploiting Marlena because as long as she can't remember she can't dispute the lies Alex is telling her.

Marlena insists she has memories of her and Alex together. She takes Alex aside and reminds him he told her those memories were transference.

"I told you that," says Alex, "Because I thought you couldn't cope with knowing the whole truth." Roman and John tell Marlena not to believe this stuff.

"They say God works in mysterious ways," says Alex, "Maybe that's why he gave you the amnesia. So that we could be reunited."

Belle tells Mimi Shawn and she are good friends.

"Even though you were married to Phillip, you were going back to Shawn until Phillip lost his leg," says Mimi, "We can't be close friends like we were in the old days. Are you still in love with Shawn?"

Belle walks away, "I'm not hoping to get back together with him."

"You're not happy though, are you," asks Mimi.

John orders Alex out of his house.

"That's not your call to make," says Alex, "Knowing how sacred she considers her marriage vows – her FIRST marriage vows, I think Marlena wants me to stay." He turns to Marlena. "This is your decision. Just tell us who you want to stay and who you want to go." Marlena wrestles with the question.

"I love Phillip and our baby," insists Belle, "You're not helping my PPD."

"I just think you would feel better if you were honest with yourself," says Mimi, "I just wonder if part of the reason you are depressed is knowing you can't be with Shawn. It seems I have hit a nerve."

"For the third time, I love Phillip and we just had a baby," says Belle.

"A baby you're not connected with and just said is Shawn's," says Mimi, "Subconsciously, this may mean you wish she were Shawn's. If she were, do you think you would be having PPD?"

Belle contemplates a picture of her and Phillip. Phillip turns into Shawn.

Lucas and Billie insist Titan is like a family. The Sopranos.

Sami tells Hans and Lulu, "Titan will chew you up in a minute." She reminds them Lucas has only been with Titan a week. She turns to Lucas, "If you fall out of favor with Victor, you'll be unemployed again like you have for the last three years."

Billie says she would take over if that happened. Sami lists the advantages of her company, "You have poured your soul into Clear Visage and if Titan blows it, they won't care. Our company will back you all the way."

Lucas says Titan is the number one marketing company in the country, "We are prepared to sweeten our offer."

"No need," says Hans, "I have made up my mind."

Marlena is confused. John and Roman tell her not to believe Alex. Kate takes John aside and tells him the papers are legitimate.

"It's not possible," says John.

"What if you are wrong," asks Kate.

"Well then," says Roman, "You can move back in with John."

"It's not about that," says Kate, "It's about Marlena." She tells Marlena, "I can't imagine what you are going through. You all say you love her, but you are treating her like a trophy. This isn't about what the three of you want. It's about what Marlena wants. The days of women as chattel are long over." Alex huffs.

Marlena thanks Kate. She tells them she might not remember, but it is her life. John prompts her to tell them what she wants. "I know you and Roman have spent time reminding me of our lives together," says Marleana, "The one person who hasn't done that is Alex."

"Funny thing about that," says Roman.

"All right Alex," says Marlena, "Its' your turn. I want you to tell me everything about our life, from the very beginning, and please don't leave anything out." Yeah, Rom... er, Alex, we're all interested in hearing this one.

Witness the great Roman stare-off.

Lucas tells Hans they had a deal. Lulu asks if they signed anything. Hans says no. Lucas scribbles on a paper and hands it to Hans, "There it is, our revised offer." The group leaves to let Hans and Lulu consider the offer.

Out in the hallway the group bickers. Lucas says he will sue. Austin insists Lucas will get laughed out of court.

Lucas yells at Sami, "You used his girlfriend to pimp your company."

Sami smiles, "That's just a celebrity endorsement."

Eugenia turns on the phone so we all can listen. Lulu says, "Oh, Hansie, Oh, Hansie, a little lower. Oh, YES!" Maybe he's scratching her back?

The world according to Alex: "We met the first day of medical school," says Alex, "I took the seat next to you. I was smitten, but you were sweet and polite. Later that afternoon Dr. Robbins assigned us to be lab partners. I invited you out but you resisted. You were so involved in your studies you didn't have time for a relationship. I formed a study group but mysteriously, one by one, the rest of the members decided to drop out. After a while, we got tired of studying at the library so we started studying at each other's apartment. You were always attracted to me, but were more afraid of being distracted from your studies."

Marlena has flashbacks while Alex talks, "The dinners we had together were simple, but became more elaborate. We went to the hospital formal together. We danced, talked, laughed, and then kissed. At that moment everything changed. We spent the night at the Village Inn. We laughed about all the obstacles I had to overcome. It's only because of you I became the doctor I am today, a demented quack. I didn't think life could get any better, but it did. The next winter we went on a ski trip and started to talk about marriage. I never gave up on you, Marlena."

John butts in and insists he's not going to let Alex get away with this.

"Admit it Belle," says Mimi, "you wish you had married Shawn."

In the picture, Shawn changes back into Phillip. "No," insists Belle, "And since you want honesty, Shawn and I are friends, and it upsets me to hear you keep saying I still love him."

Mimi says, "It's just that I think Shawn and I might have a future together. We haven't had sex yet. We're taking things slow. Dragging it out for the audience like usual. I'm hoping tonight is our first real date. I'm a little nervous."

Belle asks, "Don't you think it's too soon for either one of you to get involved? Rebound relationships don't work."

Mimi reminds her, "That's exactly what you have with Phillip." Oooooo. Low Blow. The referee throws a flag. Mimi gets fifteen yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. Belle gets fifteen yards because Mimi is right. The penalties offset.

Marlena tells John she wants to hear this, "Alex, go on."

Alex continues, "As I said, on the ski trip we talked about marriage. We were so much in love. When we got home we planned to open a practice together. The night before we were to be married I took you back to where we met."

Marlena asks, "Where we had our first neuroanatomy class?"

Alex smiles, "You remember!"

"No," says Marlena, "you just told me."

Alex says, "I sat you down exactly where we sat that very first day and I told you, 'I am Alex North and am so very honored you will be my wife,' and you said, 'I have loved you from the very moment I first saw you. And I will love you for all the Days Of Our Lives.' We decided on a small wedding. We asked Dr. Robbins to give you away. You carried white irises. Afterwards we found the perfect one bedroom house. It had a beautiful view and had a spare room for a nursery."

Marlena asks, "Did we have c-children?"

Meanwhile, back at Titan, moaning comes from Lucas' office.

"Well, it's the first rule of advertising," says Billie, "Sex sells."

Lucas tries to throw Austin & Company out but Austin says they are saying.

Lucas goes off the deep end, "You are going down! I am going to crush you and your penny ante company."

"Big words from a guy who was a bartender last week," says Austin, "The only reason you have this job is I turned it down." The same busy referee throws the same flag with the same result. The penalties offset.

"You're brothers," says Billie, "Cut it out."

"We're half brothers," sneers Austin.

Sami tells Nicole Austin will realize where this deal came from.

"This is a one time thing, a fluke," says Nicole.

Hans and Lulu rush out. Hans says, "Ve have come to zee decision. I am givink zee kontrakt to Austin Reed and Company."

"We had a baby," says Alex, "It's gone. It's a long story. One you aren't well enough to hear yet."

John growls, "You mean you haven't had time to make one up yet. You never had a life together. There is no baby. He did his research. When we brought him into your case is when he decided he wanted you. He has fabricated this story so he can claim you."

Roman says, "If you had been married before, don't you think you would have mentioned it? These papers could have been forged. They are bogus."

Marlena frets and walks away.

John says, "You can leave now. I'm going to have you busted for falsifying legal documents. Get out of my house."

Alex says, "This is no longer your home and whether I stay or leave is Marlena's decision." He goes over and hugs Marlena, "Has anything I said brought back any memories? Even a glimmer of the love we shared?"

"Yeah," cries Marlena, "I remember." John gives us the big squint.

Mimi insists she isn't attacking Belle, "If you are as happy as you say you are, then rebound relationships must work, so there is hope for Shawn and me. I don't want to go down a road with Shawn if the relationship is doomed form the start. A part of him still loves you. If you keep messing with his head how is he supposed to have his own life?"

Belle screams, "What more do you want from me?"

"I want you to be honest with me," screams Meems, "Regardless of how you feel about Phillip, do you still want Shawn? Tell me the truth so I know how to live my life!" Here's how you live your life, Mimi. Pack up Shawn and everything you own. Find the point on earth which as far away from Belle as you can get and move there.

"You can't be serious," says Lucas.

"We are serious as a heart attack," says Lulu, "We are going with Austin Reed and Company."

"I azzume frauline Brady vill be in charche of Clear Visage," says Hans.

"We will take your wishes into consideration," says Austin the politician.

The Schnitzles skedaddle.

Lucas tells Austin they can show themselves out. He drags Billie and Eugenia into his office, "The hell with healthy competition. From now on, this is war!"

Austin says Sami has gotten his company off to a great start, "How can I thank you?"

"Take me to dinner," says Sami, "so we can talk about who's in charge of the account."

"It's a date," says Austin.

John tells Marlena Alex has been brainwashing her. Roman backs him up. They want Alex to get out.

"My only intent was to help you," says Alex, "If you don't believe that..." He starts to leave.

Marlena says, "Alex, wait!" FF on the waiting Alex.




Previews
========

Sophie tells Lucas, "If you're half as good in the board room as you are with me, take that energy and be a killer in business." Sami watches and hangs her head.

Marlena tells John, "I think you do have to accept that Alex is a part of my past."

"I have to tell the truth," says Belle, "I do still have feelings for Shawn."

Roman tells Nicole, "What the hell. Let's have a drink." Nicole toasts, "Cheers."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze. Too much to comment on - the fabulous pictures, especially the moving pic of the grimacing Lucas and Samantha Gene-ius; the unbelievable re-write of Days history (and thank you, Prevuze, for keeping Don Craig in the mix); what sounds like a rip-roaring throw-down between Meems & Belle.

What I want to know is where Alex has been for the past 30+ years if Doc and he were so much in love?

And can't you see it now.....another heretofore unknown kid showing up out of nowhere sometime in the future. Of course, Alex/Doc's "child" would be in their 30's by now. HAHAHAHA

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs