Friday, November 04, 2005

The Squirrel

Maggie sees Sami in the restaurant. Sami tells her she is there to talk to talk to Austin. "I don’t think they want to be disturbed," says Maggie.

Undaunted, Sami goes over to Austin and Nicole's table. Sami asks if she can interrupt. Austin says, "Can it wait?"

"You mean you're on a date," asks Sami.

"Well," says Austin, "we are talking business, catching up on a few things."

"If you're talking business, I should be included, don't you think," asks Sami.

"I'm sorry," says Austin, "But we're in the middle of something."

Mimi pouts, "We are never going to work out. There is no future for Shawn and me."

Shawn comes out and announces the baby is changed and asleep. Mimi apologizes for not being able to help with the baby. Shawn is OK with that. He asks if she is feeling better. "Yeah," says Mimi, "I think so. That dream got to me." Shawn asks if she ever remembered what it was. Mimi flashes back to the dream. "No," says Mimi, "I have no clue what I was dreaming about. I just wish I wasn't such a basket case. I can't even take care of my own goddaughter. And... I've been thinking... you said you wanted to date me. It would never work out with us. You belong with someone else."

That very same someone else mopes around the kitchen. She conjures up Shawn who tells her she didn't marry the one she loves and that is why she can't love the baby.

John snoops as he watches Marlena tell Alex, "I've changed my mind. I don't want to divorce my husband. Father Jansen is right. Marriage vows last forever. I owe John the benefit of the doubt. I want to talk to him."

"I can't let you do that," says Alex. He wields the pendant, "Marlena, forget the conversation you had with Father Jansen. Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Yes, he really said that. We don't make 'em up, we just report 'em. Well, OK, sometimes we make 'em up.

John watches, "This guy just doesn't give up." Kate wonders why things are so quiet all of a sudden.

"Whenever I see this picture," says Marlena, "I have flashes of memory."

"Marlena," says Alex, "Listen to me. John is not a psychiatrist. You think because he shows you a few pictures that will bring your memory back. My God, if that was true we might as well throw a party right now because we would have just discovered the cure for amnesia."

"Whoa," says John, "Sounds like the good doctor is losing it." Kate agrees.

Alex goes on, "These next few days are going to be critical. You have to stay strong."

"I am being strong," says Marlena. I want to work it out with John. I want to call him."

"You can't call John. He is with Kate. You can't disturb them," says Alex.

"Yeah, right," says John, "Now he won't let her call me. I'm going to do whatever it takes to stop him. He's no psychiatrist. He's a damn charlatan hitting on my wife. We gotta get him away from her – tonight."

Alex says he wants Marlena to get a good night's sleep. The phone interrupts him.

Alex says he will get it but Marlena picks up. It's John. Marlena says, "I was just talking about you. It's lucky you called."

"Was it just lucky," thinks Alex, "I wonder."

Marlena invites John over. He says he will be right there. He hangs up and tells Kate he thinks Marlena is finally on to North. John wants Kate to come with him so they can keep an eye on North.

Austin gives Sami the brush, "I'll see you later at the apartment."

"Should I have milk and cookies waiting for you," asks Sami.

"Ooh," says Nicole, "I'd love a martini with those cookies."

The bickering starts but Austin nips it in the bud, "This isn't a game. I'm not the prize. We're not dating. When we started this I set up certain parameters."

"Yeah," says Sami, "And those parameters didn't include you going out with Nicole."

Nicole asks if Sami doesn't have her sights set on Lucas. "We're not getting back together. And how do you know that?" Nicole says she 'overheard' Sami talking to Austin about it. This starts round two. Austin referees.

"I have completely lost my appetite," says Nicole, "I'm leaving."

Austin gets up to leave, too. He tells Sami, "I will see you later back at the apartment."

"Thank God," says Sami, "I get to go back to my own apartment."

Austin leaves. Sami says, "Nicole may have won the battle but she didn't win the war."

Maggie comes up behind her and says, "Sami, I think that's a big mistake. I thought you were in love with Lucas."

Sami says, "I am. He doesn't want to be with me. I'm not going to make a fool of myself by chasing after him. Austin was the first one in my life and he deserves better than Nicole. I don't want to spend my life alone. I lost Austin, Lucas, half of Salem. What am I supposed to do?"

Maggie says, "There is a big world out there with a lot of men in it, so many men, so little time. You're getting yourself in a situation like I was with Mickey and Bonnie. It would be better for you to stand back and let your competition self-destruct."

"No," says Sami, "Nicole will have Austin for dessert. I have to do something." Sami wheels around and leaves.

Maggie scratches her head, "Well!"

Shawn's vision tells Belle, "It's because you didn't have your child with me that you have PPD. You can't go on like this. You won't be able to bond with your daughter until you are honest about how you really feel." Belle fades back to what we jokingly refer to as reality.

Mimi tells Shawn he needs a woman who can give him children and make him happy. Shawn doesn't want to hear it. He just wants to have fun, "You can't give up on us before we start dating."

"You can't give up what you've never had," says Mimi, "Tonight I have seen myself very clearly. The way I reacted with Belle's baby tells me we can't be together. You have to face it."

Mimi storms out. Claire, being Belle's daughter, cries. Shawn freezes. Belle watches as Mimi gets on the elevator and leaves.

Belle goes across to Shawn's apartment. She knocks. The door flies open and Shawn says, "Mimi, I'm glad you came back... Oh, Belle."

"Oh Belle," she repeats, "I can't remember a time when you weren't happy to see me." Shawn stares, thinking Belle has a very poor memory.

Nicole and Austin sit on a park bench. Nicole asks, "Did you hear that?"

"Yeah," says Austin, "Probably a squirrel."

Sami the squirrel eavesdrops.

Nicole presses Austin for the identity of his mystery woman. Austin won't answer. Sami whispers, "If he came back to town for anyone, it's me, Nicole."

Austin tells Nicole right now he is concentrating on business. "So there is a woman," says Nicole, "She doesn't know you love her. So until you get your business up and running..."

"She'll never know who she is," says Austin.

"I don't know if you're talking about me or Sami or someone else," says Nicole.

Sami the squirrel says, "Get a clue, Nicole, he's not in love with you."

John and Kate arrive. Alex protests saying Marlena needs her rest. "No," says Marlena, "It's more important I talk to John." She turns to Kate, "I'm a little surprised you're here."

"What do you expect," says Alex, "She's in love with John. John is living with her. She's not about to let him out of her sight."

"I asked her to come along as a friend," says John, "So why did you call me?" Marlena says she was getting memory flashes and thought talking to John might help. John asks Kate, "Can you keep the good doctor entertained while I speak to Marlena on the terrace – in private." No problem. Kate can entertain any man.

"So," asks Kate, "What do you think of our crazy town Salem? You could make a fortune if you had more than one patient, don't you think?"

"You mean someone like you," says Alex, "I know exactly why you're here. The truth is you still love John and you want him back." Kate flips her head and smirks.

Marlena tells John father Jansen came for a visit. John says he is the one who sent him. Marlena smiles, "I thought you had."

"Now that you've changed your mind about the divorce," says John, "I want us to have a second chance."

Marlena's smile fades, "How did you know I changed my mind about the divorce?"

"BECAUSE HE WAS LISTENING," says Alex, "What, the binoculars weren't enough? What did you do, bug the apartment? You accuse me of manipulating her. You are the one who has been doing the manipulating all along. Marlena, he's deceiving you." John stares. Hoisted on his own petard.

Mimi prays, "Heavenly father, what possible plan could you have for me?"

Father Jansen comes up behind her and asks, "What's wrong, my dear?"

"I did a terrible thing."

"Would you like me to hear your confession?"

"No," says Mimi, "Because there is no way I will ever be forgiven." He puts a hand on her shoulder.

Shawn tells Belle he's not unhappy to see her. Mimi ran out upset and he thought it was Mimi at the door coming back. That got Belle's attention. She wants to know what upset Mimi. Shawn doesn't want to get into it.

"Was it about the baby," asks Belle, "

"No," says Shawn, "She's asleep. Do you want to see her?" Good God, no. Belle presses. "Why are you so obsessed with this," asks Shawn.

"I just want you to talk to me as a choke friend."

Oh, boy, another friendly chat between Shawn and Belle. "Mimi is upset," says Shawn, "because she cannot have a baby of her own. She thinks nothing should happen between the two of us because it couldn't go anywhere."

"Because she can't have children," says Belle, "And she knows you want them. What do you think?"

"Thinking is a difficult thing for me," says Shawn, "She is beating herself up over this. She thinks I should be with a woman who can have a child. I try to tell her she is wrong."

Belle says, "NO, she's right. Mimi's right." Actually, Belle thought Mimi said Shawn should be with a woman who acts like a child.

"This is a private conversation," says John, "The only reason I put up with you is because of her. In a few minutes, though, you won't have to be worried about following up on that restraining order because your jaw will be wired shut." Alex leaves.

"No," lies John, "No cameras in the penthouse. No surveillance devices in the penthouse. I'm just concerned about you. That's why I called Tim, because I thought he would change your mind about the divorce. So when you called me I was hopeful you had changed your mind. I think Alex North put that thought in your mind to begin with."

"He did," says Marlena, "Because he wanted to protect me."

"Protect you from the man who loves you more than anyone else in this world?"

"He says he loves me too," says Marlena, "It's pretty confusing, John."

"I'm not the one confusing you. I'm just trying to show you the truth. And the truth is, I still love you," says John.

"I hope that is true," says Marlena, "And I hope Alex is wrong, and you're not spying on me."

Alex asks Kate why she is smiling. Kate says, "John showed you the door. I guess we're making progress."

"Which means," says Alex, "you could lose him. Don't tell me that makes you happy. You've been trying to rekindle your relationship with John."

"Actually I haven't," says Kate, "John and I were together when we thought Roman and Marlena were dead. When they came back, John belonged with Marlena and I belonged with Roman."

Alex smirks, "That certainly didn't work out for you, now did it? Tell me, why did you ask John to move in with you."

"Because," says Kate, "Marlena asked him to move out and we could be there for each other. BUT, now he has Marlena back."

"He doesn't have her back yet."

Kate says, "But she is his wife and no matter what you do she will get her memory back. Then they will be back together, so why don't you try being an adult and accept that the way I have and get the hell out of Marlena's life."

Sami the squirrel listens. Nicole asks, "So this is not a date?"

Austin says, "I'll split the difference with you. This is a date but not a romantic one."

"Whoo," says Nicole, "There is hope for me yet."

"We have to learn how each other's mind works," says Austin.

"Bodies, too," says Nicole.

"WHAT?"

"Mind and body go hand in hand," says Nicole, "Of course I want to get closer in every way. If I am the girl you are interested in, we can just consider this a part of our courtship. If it's another woman like Sami, I'll just have to show you how wrong she is for you." Sami seethes.

John says, "You barely know Alex. Do you really believe he loves you?"

"You make it sound like he needs psychiatric help," chuckles Marlena.

John says, "I'm quite sure he does. The ISA trained us in analytical psychology so I'm not as clueless as Dr. North would make me out to be. Clueless, just not that clueless. It doesn't take a degree to see you have been used and manipulated. I hate the fact I brought that man into your life. There is no need to be confused any more. I don't know what the hell his agenda is but I know mine – I want my wife back."

Kate tells Alex, "John is a faithful man. Above all, he is an honest man. Unlike you, he doesn't play games. In the end, that is why Marlena will choose him over you. She treasures that honesty. Deep down in the archives of her mind she knows he is the man she can believe in and trust."

Alex puts on a smug look, "Thank you Kate. Now I know exactly what I have to do."

As Nicole tells Austin she would like to see a little more romance in their relationship Sami thinks, "Over my dead body."

"I love the way your mind works," says Austin.

"Keep spending time with me and you'll be loving more." The squirrel hisses. "What was that," says Nicole, "Sounds like a bear or wolf or something."

"I don't think any wild animals are around here," says Austin.

Nicole looks over into the bushes, "No. Just a bitch in heat."

Father Jansen assures Mimi, "God forgives you if you know what you did was wrong and are truly sorry."

"I don't see how I can be forgiven," whines Mimi.

"You are kneeling before the Madonna and Child with tears in your eyes," he says, "I can see how truly repentant you are. There is no sin on earth you could commit to exhaust the infinite love of God. And if God can forgive you, you must forgive yourself."

Pan to Shawn and Belle. Selfless Belle thinks Mimi is wrong for Shawn. He deserves a woman who can give him a family and the future he has dreamed about.

"Why can't that be Mimi?"

"She knows your love and affection is like an investment to you. And you expect that investment to pay off." The bulb gets dimmer.

"And sometimes you lose an investment," says Shawn.

Belle says, "I know you're talking about us. You hate me don't you?" Shawn has to think about that one. The smoke rises.

"Repentance is more than just being sorry for your sins," says Father Jansen, "It is connected to spiritual growth. Would you ever commit this sin again?"

"No," says Mimi, "Not that I even have the choice."

"Ask God's forgiveness," he says, "and you will be forgiven. But you have to forgive yourself. That's the most important part of your healing." He leaves.

Mimi kneels. She wails, "I can't forgive myself. I can never be with Shawn."

Shawn assures Belle he doesn't hate her and doesn't blame her. Hug. Claire cries. "I'll get her," says Shawn, "You need to hold your baby." Belle frets and mumbles.

Austin bets tomorrow's paper is out. He goes to get a copy. Nicole hauls Sami out of the bushes. Sami says she is spying on them because she doesn't trust Nicole, "I heard you telling Austin he shouldn't tell anyone I work for him because it would be bad for business. Well, what if anyone found out about that flesh-eating bacteria? How would that be for business?"

"It was your idea," insists Nicole, "Austin would never have anything to do with you if he knew."

"You're all grown up," says Sami, "You made your own decision. If Austin ever found out how incredibly malicious you are he'd dump you so fast it would make your head spin." Austin is coming back. Nicole shoves Sami back into the bushes. Austin wants to know what Nicole was doing.

She was just shooing away the squirrel, "I don't want this evening to end. How about if I treat you to an ice cream sundae at the Java Café?" Austin thinks that would be great.

"Actually... can you pay," asks Nicole, "I don't have any money."

Austin smiles, "That is all about to change very soon."

Sami the squirrel wiggles out of the bushes and watches a couple of nuts slip away from her.

Kate wants to know what Alex is planning. "How can I plan anything," he asks, "It appears to be out of my hands."

"So you are conceding?"

"Oh, no," says Alex, "I didn't say that. You shouldn't count yourself out either. Maybe John won't wind up with Marlena after all. Again, thank you."'

Kate asks, "What are you talking about?" Alex smiles.

John tells Marlena he can help her remember their lives together. Marlena asks, "Where do we go from here."

"That's the easy part," says John, "All you have to do is have faith in me and our love."

"You do love me, don't you," asks Marlena.

"Yes I do," says John, "And we're going to be together for all the Days Of Our Lives."

FF on a scowling Alex watching them hug.


Previews
========

"There is no forgiveness," cries Mimi at the altar. A female voice says, "I'm sorry Merriam, but that just isn't true."

Belle whines, "I don’t think I can stand the thought of you spending the rest of your life with anyone but me." Shawn stares open-jawed.

Alex asks Kate, "So what do you say? Can you be my ally?"

Marlena asks John, "Were you in love with Kate?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it when the pictures don't pop in for me in the morning, but it was a great delight to see them this afternoon. The "sushiside" especially will carry me-me through this last, horrible half hour of a Friday afternoon.

If John doesn't have this stuff recording on his super-dooper spy get-up, he is dumber than I thought possible!

I almost hate for it to be the weekend. No Prevuze. ;-(

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with applecheeks, john has all this survellence equipment, is sitting there listening to him but can't record it for proof, go figure.

Sami is looking really pathetic these days, she really just needs to ignore Lucas and get someone other than Austin and Lucas would probably come crawling back here in 3 months ( equivilant to 3 years lol )

Belle needs to just get with the program and tell phillip she made a mistake, this is taking way way to long now. And its about time to go ahead and announce Shawn is daddy cause we all know it anyways.

Bonnie and Roman? Yuck, no more to say.

Jack and suicide, man if you are going to do it, then do it, or give me a gun and I will do it, enough's enough.

Pictures are awesome and I love your prevuze!! Helps alot since I don't get to watch the show that much anymore cause of work. I need DVR and soap net lol.

Ok that's my 2 cents for now thanks!! :)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs