Thursday, November 03, 2005

This Isn't Foreplay

Jennifer looks at the books. She asks, "Are you seriously buying this? I am so glad you are finally taking my advice. Healing Nature's Way. Even if it can't cure you, it will buy you time. Why didn't you tell me?" I don't know what is dumber, Jennifer or this plot.

"I had this epiphany," says Jack, "I had to get the book and I didn't want to wake you."

"I love you so much Jack," says Jennifer, "I'm going to see if they have other books too." Jennifer goes off to browse.

"She may buy it, but I don't," says Frankie, "What is really going on."

Shawn checks out the unconscious Mimi. The baby cries.

John paces. "Not only has North convinced Marlena to get a divorce, but now he also says he's in love with her."

Kate says if Marlena is remembering maybe Alex' control over her is dissolving.

"I'm not taking any chances," says John, "I've contacted the one person who can talk her into not ending this marriage."

"Who is that," asks Kate.

There is a timely knock at the door. "Maybe that's him right now," says John. He goes to the door and says, "Thanks for coming over. I need a big favor."

Alex and Marlena arrive at home. Alex says, "Now maybe we can continue without distractions."

Marlena says, "Alex, I began to remember tonight."

"Marlena," says Alex, "the mind can play tricks. Especially under stress." He drags out the pendant. "It took a lot of strength and courage to file for divorce. But being forced to spend time with John... he is too aware of your fragile state. He has been attempting to plant those things in your mind. He works for the ISA. I'm sure they have taught him mind control. The healthiest thing you can do for yourself is to follow through with the divorce."

"That's what you keep saying," says Marlena.

Alex asks, "Are you changing your mind?"

Father Jansen is at the door. John tells him, "Now you know why I need your help."

"I can't believe Marlena would consider a divorce," says Father Jansen.

"Alex can't stop you from seeing her," says John, "And I think you are the only one who can get through to her, Tim."

Father Jansen leaves. John flies off the handle, "I'm not gonna let that lousy bastard take my wife." From outside the door, Father Jansen says, "I heard that you foul-mouthed heathen."

Alex wants Marlena to return to the one who loves her more than anyone – him. "We loved each other deeply and promised we would spend all the Days Of Our Lives together. The only one standing between us is John Black. Follow through with this divorce so we can renew our love."

Marlena looks at a picture of John and her, "I don't know... we look so happy." Alex starts the music box music. She tells him to turn it off. She wants to go to bed. He offers to make her chamomile tea. Marlena goes upstairs.

Alex says, "I thought I'd erased all her memories of John, but something keeps breaking my control. I will not lose you, Marlena, not now." He stares at his little vial of powder.

John works his shoulders, "I swear, my knots have knots." Kate gives him a back rub. "Kate..." he says tenderly.

"Oh, come on," says Kate, "Relax. This isn't foreplay. It's just a friendly massage. I think you were right to call Father Jansen. Marlena loves you and this will give you the time for her to remember the life you shared."

John says, "If I could get her alone again she would remember the love we shared."

Alex fixes the potion. He gives Marlena the tea. John's love clock chimes. Marlena remembers, "I don't believe it. I'm remembering." Another look at the love clock.

Jack says he's decided to follow Jennifer's advice. Frankie doesn't believe it. Jack says if he pretends to follow her lead and play things out it will make Jennifer happy, so when he dies she won't feel guilty. Jennifer comes up and tells him he is doing the right thing. Jack tries to bring her back to reality. Jennifer says it will give them more hope if it just buys six months. Jack doesn't want her to get her hopes up. Yada, yada, yada. If you have your remote handy, this would be a good time to use it. Jennifer isn't ready to lose Jack. He's not ready to lose her. They've lost the viewers.

Mimi asks what happened. Shawn says she fainted. "I'm one hell of a godmother," says Mimi. Shawn says he should have asked before volunteering to take care of Claire. Mimi thinks she is being punished.

Shawn tries to encourage her, "This is not your fault. I'm sorry I didn't ask first. I shouldn't have gone to take the shower."

Mimi says, "How were we supposed to know I can't deal with her crying. I froze. I couldn't pick her up because all I could think about was the baby I lost. What kind of monster am I? [Whinenstein?] You must think I am a horrible person. You must have lost all respect for me."

"I remember," says Marlena.

"Your tea is getting cold," says Alex, "You should drink it." He reaches and spills it. Marlena cleans up. She goes into the kitchen.

Alex says, "I have to stop those memories from coming back. I have to get John out of her mind." Doorbell. Father Jansen is there to see Marlena.

"I'm sorry she's not available right now," says Alex.

"I'm sure she'd be happy to see me," says Father Jansen.

Alex growls, "John Black sent you, didn't he?"

Father Jansen says, "I'm her priest. I might be able to bring her comfort."

Alex says, "I don't know if that is advisable. Marlena doesn't remember you. She might see you as just another stranger trying to pressure her."

Father Jansen says, "Let's let her decide."

Marlena comes in, "I didn't know we had company."

"Father Jansen was just leaving. Perhaps it would be better if we did this in the morning," says Alex.

"I'd like to talk to him, Alex," says Marlena, "Tonight."

Alex relents, "OK, if you insist."

"In private," says Marlena.

Peeping John watches, "OK, Tim's inside. Let's hope he gets through to her."

"Who knows what Alex might do," says Kate

"That's why I called the ISA," says John. There is another timely knock at the door. John answers and asks, "What took you so long?"

The ISA man says, "The equipment you requested isn't just laying around. Kate, if he gets caught with this, you don't know where he got it and John, The Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. You're going to have a lot more power than you need."

John says, "Yeah, it's really gonna blow 'em away."

The ISA man leaves. John opens the case. "OMG," says Kate.

Jennifer is going to go look for more books. Frankie tells Jack he is a good actor. Yeah, but a good actor with a bad script doesn't exactly make for riveting entertainment. He never knows whether Jack is on the level or just playing them. Jack flashes back to his conversation with Igor. He assures Frankie there is nothing to worry about. He's looking out for Jennifer and that's what Frankie promised to do, and if he doesn't, Jack will come back and haunt him.

Jennifer comes up. Jack asks, "Jennifer, what's wrong. You look like you've seen a ghost." Jennifer says, All together now, in unison, "Jack, I know exactly what's going on."

John assembles the unit, "It's the latest and longest in surveillance. It will enable me to see and hear everything in the penthouse." He tells Kate he planted the bug in the penthouse when he and Frankie were there.

Father Jansen tells Marlena, "The amnesia may prevent you from remembering the ceremony, but the vows are sacred. The church believes marriage is forever."

Marlena remembers the clock, "John loves me."

"Your conscious mind may have forgotten," says Father Jansen, "but deep down you remember the love. It is there, Marlena. God has seen to that. But God cannot work his wonders in a vacuum. You have to ask for his help. Just remember the final words of the marriage ceremony, 'Whom God hath joined together, let no man tear asunder.' Just promise me you'll think about what I said. Peace be with you my child."

Marlena thanks him for coming. He leaves. Marlena goes over to the pictures. She picks up a picture of her and John and looks at it. Alex comes in, "You're crying. What did father Jansen say to upset you?"

John watches and listens. He says, "Tell him to go to hell! It's none of his damn business." Marlena stares.

Jennifer says, "There is no sense lying, Jack. I'm on to you. I talked to the clerk. He told me about the book he was holding for you." OK, here it comes, "You big sweet lovable misguided jerk. Grieving a Loss – A Family Systems Approach. Jack, we have to focus on you, not your family. We are not giving up. Tell him Frankie."

Frankie says, "Miracle cures happen, Jack."

"Jennifer, I'll have faith if you want, but I have to be aware of the reality of the situation," says Jack.

Jennifer asks Frankie to excuse them. She tells Jack, "The reality is, we love each other. If we have faith that is all we need. Miracles can happen. You just have to have to have faith and believe."

Jack says, "Like when Peter Pan has the children clap for Tinkerbelle?"

"No," says Jennifer, "Like when we said vows in front of a minister. We are going to beat this." She leaves.

"I'm sorry," says Jack, "It's just not in cards."

Shawn tells Mimi she had a safe, legal medical procedure, which didn't turn out right.

"Shawn," says Mimi, "I freaked – what kind of godmother or woman am I?"

"Give yourself a break here," says Shawn, "Lay down. Relax. Try and fall asleep. When you are freaking out like this you are still the same loving person I care about. I'm very happy to be dating you right now."

"You're not just saying that?"

"No," says Shawn, "So get some sleep. Just think about the future."

Claire gurgles. Shawn takes her into his room.

Mimi says, "He doesn’t blame me. He wants to date me."

The Evil Mimi appears, "He was just saying that to shut you up."

The Good Mimi appears, "They can still have children. Mimi will be a terrific mother."

"Yeah, some terrific mother," says Evil Mimi, " She freaks out if she hears a baby cry."

"She'll get over that," says Good Mimi.

The real Mimi wakes up, "Shawn knows!" Shawn comes in. Mimi says, "Shawn, where are they?"

"Who," asks Shawn.

"This is crazy," says Mimi.

"You were saying my name in your sleep," says Shawn, "What were you dreaming about?"

"I don't remember," says Mimi. She assures him she is OK. Shawn says he had his own epiphany – he figured out what was wrong with Claire. He goes to change her diapers.

Mimi obsesses, "If Shawn wants to date me, it is just out of pity. There is no future with him."

Jennifer says she was crazy to think Jack would do something stupid.

"I just don't want to see you get your hopes up unrealistically," says Frankie.

"We both know miracle cures happen all the time," says Jennifer, "We just have to buy him time until researchers find something. If they don't, then we will have that much more time with Jack. He won't give up."

Frankie points out, "He bought a book on grieving."

"He's just looking out for us," says Jennifer, "He won't give up."

Igor Junior helps Jack. He's not a believer in assisted suicide. He tells Jack, "I don't think you are either, or else you wouldn't be sneaking around in the middle of the night."

"I'm just trying to spare my family," says Jack, "Mind your own business and ring up the books."

"I'm sorry," says Igor Jr., "I had a friend who committed suicide when we were in school. He thought it was the only way but he was wrong."

John watches. He gives Kate the play by play.

Alex says he can make it better no matter what the evil priest said.

"I've made up my mind says Marlena, "I'm going to stay faithful to John. I'm going to honor my wedding vows."

Drat. Alex says, "WHAT?"

John stares.

"I want you to have the lawyer rescind the divorce papers. I'm staying married to John," says Marlena.

"I knew it," says John, "Whoop-de-doo! I finally got her back." Kate isn't so thrilled.

Double shot – John, Marlena, surveillance device. With all this sophisticated equipment at Agent Black's disposal, I wonder if he is recording anything...


Previews
========

"I can't forgive myself. I can never be with Shawn," says Mimi.

"She thinks I should be with a woman who can have a child," says Shawn, "And I try to tell her she is wrong..." Belle Buttinski says, "NO, she's right. Mimi's right."

"I was right about him. He's deceiving you," says Alex.

Nicole tells Austin, "Of course I want to get closer in every way." Austin says, "It sounds that way." Nicole says, "If it's another woman like Sami, I'll just have to show you how wrong she is for you."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great re-cap! YOu make it very fun and through for me to read, which is wonderful since I can't watch it (I don't own a TV). Thanks so much!

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Whinenstein" could be the new name for this entire show. HAHAHAHA

And for God's sake, writers, quit with the stupid "Jack how could you. Jack, I know exactly what's going on. Jack, I know what you're doing." statements. We've watched DAZE for years. We know the stupid teasers better than you do and we ain't buying them!

Loved the Prevuze and your query at the end was exactly what I thought of - will Squints have the smarts to record Alex trying to brainwash Marlena so he'll have some proof to show her? Probably not. That would be too logical.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What??!! You don’t have a picture of John with the satellite dish?? That thing was big enough to pick up voices on Mars! I nearly died laughing. You couldn’t even see his head when he was trying to look through the camera.

Great Prevuze!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime Mimi says something about the baby she "lost" I get upset. She didn't "loose" it, she had an abortion! It's a slap in the face for any woman who really has lost a child/pregnancy. Shame on the writers!

Thanks for letting me rant. I love Prevuze, read it every day.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs