Tuesday, November 01, 2005

STAN OF SALEM

Lucas sits at his computer. Will comes in. Lucas asks how the party was, but will storms into his room. Lucas goes to the door and asks what happened.

Will says, "Dad, I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Were you crying," asks Lucas.

Will insists, "No, I wasn't."

Lucas says, "Tell me what happened."

"Guess who won costume of the year tonight," asks Will. "THIS," he whines as he holds up a box which says "STAN OF SALEM."

Sami comes in and sits down at her desk. She looks at a family picture and remembers being in the hallway when Lucas told her he loves her. She cries and picks up the picture, "Lucas still loves me. We still have a chance."

Nicole wakes her up and says she has a job for her.

"In the morning," says Sami.

Nicole snaps, "Quit daydreaming and get to work!"

Sami asks, "Who works this late anyway?"

"We do," says Nicole.

"If you want it done now," says Sami, "do it yourself."

Austin interrupts the argument, "That's it! I was afraid hiring the two of you wasn't going to work out. Maybe I should cut my losses. If you two can't get along you're both fired."

Belle cries, "What's wrong with me?" Nothing. This is normal. You're crying. "I should be the happiest woman in the world. Why am I so unhappy?" Phillip watches and wishes he was back in the minefield.

"Belle," he says.

Belle wails, "What's wrong with me?"

Phillip says, "You don't feel like yourself right now, but you just have to keep taking your medication. It just takes time. Try to get some rest. I'll hold you till you fall asleep. You're exhausted."

"I'm afraid of waking up and still feeling like this," she blubbers.

"I have no idea what you are going through," says Phillip, "Try to talk to me about it."

"I can't explain it," she bawls, "I feel so helpless about everything. I knew I should be down there when Claire was crying. I just wanted her to stop."

Phillip assures her, "She's doing fine. Shawn and Mimi took her."

"WHAT! You can't let them take our baby!"

The godparents arrive home. Mimi is in a hurry for Shawn to take the baby.

Shawn takes her. He asks, "Are you sure you're OK with us babysitting Claire so Phillip can babysit Belle?"

Mimi stammers about Shawn's ability to put the crib together. She puts the bottle in the fridge.

Shawn says, "Mimi, I'm sorry for not asking you about this before I volunteered to take Claire. I know I sound like a jerk."

"No," insists Mimi, "you are soooo not a jerk."

"She's asleep," says Shawn, "I'm going to put her in the crib." Insert baby. "OK I'm going to take a shower."

"NO," screams Meems, "You can't leave me with her!"

Belle is freaked, "Claire will think we are abandoning her!"

"She is with people who love her," says Phillip, "Tonight you need my help more."

Belle whines, "I will get better, Phillip. I promise."

"Of course you will," says Phillip, "Tonight is all about you. Just like every other night. Do you want tea or hot chocolate?"

"Neither."

Phillip suggests magazines, movies. None of it is any good for Belle, "I really just need you to leave me alone," she bawls.

Will says, "Everyone at school thinks Mom is a big freak, except Arthur, of course. It's like she's the new Lizzie Borden. It took me two years to live down the fight she started at that party."

"I wish there was something I could do," says Lucas, "She has made some horrible mistakes but she loves you very much."

Will is shocked, "Are you for real Dad? Are you defending her? It's like you still love her."

"Well son, I do," says Lucas, "I never stopped."

Austin says they both have to get along or they are fired. They bicker. "STOP! Both of you!"

Sami tells her side of the story. She says the photo distracted her.

Nicole says she was sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Austin asks for a minute alone with Sami. Nicole leaves under protest.

Austin asks Sami what is going on with her, "Why did you attack Nicole? You were out of line."

"OK," says Sami, "Maybe I was, but it didn't have to do with Nicole. It had to do with Lucas."

"You just have to move on," advises Austin.

"I have been trying," says Sami, "I'm thinking maybe Lucas is having a hard time too. I ran into him out in the hallway and he said he still loves me."

Mimi can't be alone with the baby. Shawn says he will stay there and take his shower later.

"I don't know what is wrong with me," says Belle, er, Mimi.

"It's going to get easier," insists Phillip, er, Shawn.

"I thought spending time with Claire would help," says Mimi, "I love babies so much. Even knowing how I felt about being a mom, I kept telling myself to end my pregnancy. It wasn't the right choice for me. Now I can never be pregnant again. Holding Claire and being here in this apartment with her, where Rex and I used to dream about having our own kids. I can barely stand it."

Shawn says, "It will just take time."

Mimi asks, "How much time, Shawn? I feel like a horrible person. She's my goddaughter. Just a little baby."

"It's OK," says Shawn. Hug.

Phillip says he isn't going to leave Belle alone.

"I just need time by myself," says Bawlle.

"That's what you want but not what you need," says Phillip, "Lexie said you need to be constantly surrounded by family."

"I'm just so tired. I can't sleep."

"I'm sure that's a symptom too," says Phillip, "Just let the meds build up in your system. Until then just let me pamper you a little bit."

"I should be taking care of you," she wails.

"I'm OK," insists Phillip, "How about a nice bubble bath? Or perhaps a frontal lobotomy?"

"OK."

"I'll get the bath ready. Just lie down. You'll be fine." Phillip goes to prepare the bath. Deep sigh. He stares toward the door to Belle's room.

Belle says, "I miss you so much." She hears Claire crying in the distance, "I don't know what's wrong with me." She fumbles for her pills, and pours the whole bottle into her hand. Like father, like daughter. Phillip yells, "Belle, NO! STOP!"

Nicole eavesdrops. Austin says, "Let me get this straight. Lucas said he loves you?"

"Yes he did," says Sami.

Austin says, "I can't imagine all of a sudden he could..."

"You and Lucas are very different people," says Sami, "Deep down inside he still loves me. I'm sorry I was touchy with Nicole . I have a lot on my mind."

"You and Nicole are going to be working closely," says Austin, "I can't have you constantly fighting. If you do, I have to rethink my decision to hire you both." He asks for the folder of contacts. Sami asks if Austin would talk to Lucas for her.

"No," he says, "I'm not getting in the middle of this."

"You're right," says Sami, "I have to take the garbage out - there is a lot more of it here since Nicole moved in. I thought I could stop by and see Lucas on the way back. I will put in the contacts when I get back no matter how late."

Austin agrees. Sami says, "Thank you for understanding." She leaves. Nicole comes out and asks if Sami went to see Lucas, "Some people can't walk near a cliff without jumping off."

Austin tells Nicole to be nicer to Sami.

"I'm working on it," says Nicole, "If I didn't know any better I'd think she is still in love with Lucas." Well Duuuuuhhhh.

"It's not easy giving up on someone you love," says Austin.

Nicole says, "You're not talking about Sami and Lucas."

"No."

"Who is this person you can't give up on," asks Nicole, "Of all people, don't I have the right to know?"

Lucas says a part of him will always love Sami. She gave him the greatest gift of his life.

Will says, "Me right?"

"Yeah you."

Will does a 180, "If you still care about her. why don't you work out your problems with her? I don't want you to give up if you still love her."

Sami walks in, "I don't want him to either. Lucas, please give us another chance." Lucas stares.

Mimi says she is so sorry. Shawn says she has been through so much, and suggests maybe she should talk to someone.

"If I had just been honest, I'd probably have my own little Claire right now," says Mimi.

"One day you will have your own family," says Shawn, "You can adopt."

"I hope so," says Mimi, "Thank you, Shawn, for making things seem not so bad."

"Things will get better."

"For the first time in a long time I'm starting to think so," says Mimi, "Why don't you go take your shower now? I think I can handle it."

"If you need me I'll be right in there," he says, "I'll be quick."

Mimi sits. She takes a bite of banana, "I guess I could clean up a little bit." Mimi stands and moves toward the crib. Claire gives her the Devil Eyes. Mimi freaks.

Phillip wrestles the pills from Belle, "You know what could happen if you take more than you're supposed to? You could end the misery for all of us."

"I didn't think about that."

Phillip asks, "Are you ready for your bath? Come on." He leads her to the bathroom. She starts to undress. "Here," he says, "Let me." He finishes the job and she steps into the tub. "Stay in as long as you want. I'll be in the bedroom if you need me."

Shawn appears. Streets of love plays in the background. "I am here to help you," says Shawn.

"You can't," says Belle, "as long as you are with Mimi."

"Mimi is my good friend," insists Shawn.

"I wish you would admit you wouldn't be with Mimi if we were still together," says Belle, "Phillip is great but he's not you. As much as I love my daughter, when I look at her I realize what a mistake I made. You should be Claire's father. What have I done? How will I ever make things right again?" Just lower yourself into the water and breathe deeply.

"You still have feelings for someone in Salem, don't you," asks Nicole, "I confided in you. I thought you would confide in me. You do have feelings for someone. Back at Titan we would talk about anything. I appreciate the fact that you cared. It's my turn to return the favor."

"I don't think that's the greatest idea," says Austin, "It's not easy giving up on someone you love."

Nicole says, "The reason you're not telling me who this woman is... it's because I know her. It's me!"

Sami tells Will she misses him. She is there to talk to Lucas. She wants another chance. Lucas asks Will to excuse them.

"Listen to me," says Lucas, "I just finished telling Will we can't get back together, and I meant it."

Sami asks, "How can you love someone and not want to be with them?"

Lucas explodes, "You are full of hatred. There is no love in you. The damage has already been done. Will is hurt and humiliated. He was humiliated at that party. Look at this!" Sami gasps as he shows her the Stan costume.



Austin isn't telling who he came back for in Salem.

"Even if it's me," asks Nicole.

"Especially if it's you," says Austin, "Do you want to go get something to eat?"

"You know how to change the subject fast," says Nicole, "Yes. I would love to."

Austin goes to change. Nicole says, "I would be the happiest woman in Salem if he came back for me. But if he came back for Sami, I have to make sure that reunion never happens."

Sami can't believe it when she sees the costume, "OMG! I have to talk to Will about this."

Lucas lectures, "You don't think, Sami. Once you decide you want to hurt someone, that's all you care about. You should know if you continue you will hurt a lot of people including yourself."

"I am not some horrible monster," says Sami, "And I don't think you think I am or you never would have fallen in love with me in the first place."

Lucas yells, "I know exactly why I fell in love with you, but I can't fall out of love. That's my problem. We both made mistakes. But the difference between you and me is I know when to move on."

"You don't mean that."

"I never meant something more in my life," says Lucas.

Sami says, "OK, we both need time to think. I need to talk to Will."

"No," says Lucas, "I want you out of here right now."

"I am not walking out on my son or us," shouts Sami, "I am not going to live with my mistakes all the Days Of Our Lives. I know you love me as much as I love you!"

"That's right," yells Lucas, "I love you but I can't..." Sami grabs him and kisses him. Will stares wide-eyed.

Belle goes on and on and on, "I feel paralyzed every time I hear my own daughter cry. What if having her was the biggest mistake I ever made? Tell me I didn't ruin my life or hers by having her. What kind of mother ruins her child's life?" Shawn turns into Phillip. Oops. Belle says, "Please tell me I'm not a monster."

Mimi tells Claire not to cry. She yells for Shawn. She tries but can't pick Claire up. Shawn runs out.

Mimi panics, "Shawn! I don't know what to do!" Shawn picks up the baby. Mimi collapses. FF Shawn.

Oh, the women of Salem are a strong, level-headed bunch, aren't they?


Previews
========

Hope tells Bo, "Shawn will get an education if I have to drag him to Salem U every day until he graduates."

Austin says to Nicole, "If we... took things... a bit further." Nicole asks, "What do you mean – a bit further?" Austin kisses her.

Sophie tells Lucas, "I couldn't wait another minute to get my hands on you." She kisses him as Sami and Will watch in horror.

Jennifer says to Jack, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are doing this."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine that phillip wishes he was back in the mine field. I think they should send Belle back instead. and this Jack thing is STUPID

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STUPORMAN was brilliant! Jack may not be the Man of Steel, but the audience has to have Nerves of Steel to watch this 'fatal illness' drivel day after day. HA

Mimi's hysterical reaction to Claire wasn't the fact that she was nervous around babies. She was just shocked by the fact that they were FINALLY using a real, live baby. And after how many months of using the phoniest, stiffest baby doll I've ever seen??

Question for the day - How did anyone get a picture of Stan to use as a the cover of the box? Did Kate pose for one after she found the disguise?

6:38 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< How did anyone get a picture of Stan to use as a the cover of the box? Did Kate pose for one after she found the disguise? >>

My exact thought. But, this is Daze. ours is not to question why...

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bubble bath for the bubble head. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Poor BElle.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Matt's Blog said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at mattvid07@gmail.com (please remind me of your blogs name also), and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

10:28 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at mattvid07@gmail.com, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please indicate the name of your blog in any response. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs