Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Lady Or The Tiger

Phillip searches for Belle. He thinks about putting on his shirt but decides against it. In Salem, real men don't wear shirts. "Where did she go now," he asks.

Shawn tells Belle he was hoping for a future with Mimi but they can never be together, "I have to accept that, the same way I've accepted you and I won't be together."

Claire cries. Belle goes into action, but freaks. "Calm down," says Shawn, "This is the PPD thing. Mimi and I can watch Claire tonight. You should go home and get a good night's sleep."

Belle agrees. She thanks Shawn as she leaves. She goes to her apartment and looks longingly at Shawn's door. As she enters, Mimi returns and hears Claire crying.

Frankie warms himself by the fire. Jennifer comes out. She says Lexie is up with Jack right now. She talked Lexie into talking to Jack about some of the alternatives from the books. She thinks Jack is trying these things just to appease her.

"You should be worrying about yourself too," says Frankie.

"I have the rest of my life to do that," says Jennifer, "I have to put all of my attention and energy into Jack right now."

"I disagree," says Frankie.

Lexie comes in to see Jack. Jack tells her he's OK except for a little numbness in the arm. Lexie checks his arm out. Jack wants to know how much longer the numbness will last until the pain comes back.

Lexie says, "Your condition has worsened since the last time I saw you."

Alex asks the guy on the phone to fax him the information, "I want to prevent a patient of mine from making a terrible mistake."

Marlena asks John if he loves Kate.

"I love her," says John, "And a part of me always will."

Marlena says, "Then I don't understand how you can pledge your undying love to me."

"As much as I love Kate my heart will always be with you. It's like you and Roman. You will always have feelings with him but our future is now. I want you now and forever."

Frankie tells Jennifer she needs rest.

"How can I rest with what's happening to Jack," says Jennifer, "He will get better."

"Hope is a good thing," says Frankie, "I just don't want you to get too hopeful. Buying a few books won't help."

"I know that," says Jennifer, "I pray about this every night. I am really going to lose my husband this time, aren't I?"

"I am afraid so," says Frankie. Hug.

Lexie tells Jack his illness is progressing quickly. He will be experiencing pain. She has phoned in a prescription to manage the pain, Jack doesn’t want it.

"It's your right to face the end with as little pain as possible," says Lexie.

"I intend to," says Jack, "With as little pain possible for me and my family. I won't give up the ability to think." Too late, Jack. He holds up the assisted-suicide book, "I will get a little help from this puppy right here."

Lexie says, "Jack, I can't believe you're considering suicide."

"I am not considering it," he vows, "I have decided on it. I hope you won't be sharing this information with Jennifer."

"Confidentiality or not I can't let you do this," says Lexie.

Kate paces. Alex says, "John said he still loves you. Isn't that reassuring? Don't you deserve some happiness?"

"Just go to hell," snaps Kate.

Alex says, "If we work together, we can assure everyone gets what they want."

"If you think anyone can come between Marlena and John you are foolish," says Kate.

John says, "As long as North is living in your house you can't find the certainty you need."

"He does help me," insists Marlena.

John says, "No, he's helping himself. Just look around. Look at the daughter we raised, the life we shared. What we have is special."

"I'd like to believe that," says Marlena, "I'm just not sure I do." John sighs.

Belle picks up a doll. Phillip comes in. She tells him she went to Shawn's apartment.

"That's what I figured. It's my job to worry about you, just like it's your job to take care of Claire."

"What does that mean," asks Belle, "All I could think of was how glad I was not to have to deal with her. What kind of mother thinks like that?" Ummm... a selfish, whining nutcase?

Belle tells Phillip Mimi is having a tough time with the baby too, and she and Shawn don't have a relationship.

Shawn is underneath the sink working on the pipes, yelling and cursing at them as Mimi comes in. Claire cries. Mimi goes to get the baby while the plumbing distracts Shawn. Shawn says, "OK, Claire, I'm coming."

As Shawn crawls out from under the sink, he sees Mimi walking out holding Claire. "Everything is all right isn't it, Claire," coos Mimi.

Frankie is sorry he said that. Jennifer says she has been caught up in thinking there is hope for Jack. She has been having a hard time accepting his condition. She has been through this twice, "Third time's a charm, right? When I imagine what it will be like when he is gone, I feel like I am falling. It's like when I was in the accident with JT hanging over the cliff. Only Jack won't be there to save me this time."

"I will," vows Frankie.

Lexie says she won't run to Jennifer, but will still try to talk Jack out of committing suicide. He says he will not be selfish enough to fight this disease. He won't do that to his family. Lexie understands.

"Good," says Jack, "Because as my doctor and my friend, I'm going to ask you a favor, and I don't think you will like it."

Marlena says she has so many questions about her past. She says to John, "I do believe you love me. I just don't know, when you thought I was dead, if you laid me to rest and moved on with Kate."

"I never did anything without you in my heart," says John.

"I don't' know what to believe," says Marlena, "If I just had some proof you still loved me when you were in love with Kate... while I was over in the castle banging Roman knowing you were alive. I'm not sure I could take your word over Alex'."

Alex makes his dramatic entrance waving a document, "Reserve your judgment, because I have the proof you've been looking for. John has been lying to you."

Phillip doesn't understand why Shawn and Mimi aren’t getting along.

"They are getting along fine," says Belle, "It's her abortion – she can't give him kids of her own."

"That's ridiculous," says Phillip, "They're getting ahead of themselves. This is only dating. If they go on and get married, they could adopt."

"I think it's weird, too," sighs the selfless Belle, "but it's probably for the best. It is so obvious they don't belong together."

Phillip is exasperated, "Honey, I love you, but you are dead wrong."

Mimi tells Shawn she is fine. Shawn asks, "What happened?"

Mimi says, "Shawn, when I left here I went to St. Luke's and father Jansen was there and... Well, I confessed to him and he gave me absolution. I couldn't forgive myself. So I realized I needed to do that. I had to accept what I did and move on."

"That's great," says Shawn, "You seem happier and more at peace."

"Now that I know I'm not doomed forever," says Mimi, "I can finally hold and love Claire and it feels really good." Shawn hugs her.

Lexie won't be a party to Jack committing suicide. Jack isn't asking that. He just wants her to keep simple facts from Jennifer, "In the end would you please not conduct an autopsy?"

"That is not my call, Jack. You have to talk to Jennifer about that."

"Well," says Jack, "Let's pretend Jennifer wants one. Please say you will not tell her how I died. Let's consider that an extension of the doctor-patient confidentiality."

"Let's hope it doesn't get to that," says Lexie.

Jack says he will not take the medication Lexie has prescribed. Lexie asks him to promise he won't do anything stupid. Lexie leaves. Jack says, "No Lexie, I won't do anything stupid. I will do whatever it takes to protect Jennifer and my family."

Jennifer asks Frankie, "Are you saying you will stay?"

"Where else would I be except with you," asks Frankie.

"I know Jack will be grateful you will stay here and help us," says Jennifer, "When Jack and I weren't together, there were men around me and Jack wasn't happy. I mean, just look at the way he reacts to Patrick Lockhart. But with you, it's different. It's almost like he hand picked you to take his place."

Frankie says, "He did."

John snarls, "Give it up, North. You don't have any proof I stopped loving Marlena."

Alex says, "Well, when you married Marlena, didn't you promise to love her until she died? Or was that just for the first month or two – it's hard to keep it straight. And as I see, you're prone to making all sorts of meaningless vows. You once made some priestly vows, too, didn't you? You are a man of action and it is actions that speak louder than words." He turns to Marlena, "These documents show John not only had you declared legally dead within the first few months after your alleged death, but he also signed over your insurance policy to none other than Kate Roberts! Can you deny that, John?"

John whispers, "No, I can't."

"Shawn and Mimi belong together," says Phillip.

"Shawn will help her deal with the abortion, but only as a friend," says Belle.

"Friendship," says Phillip, "That's how it always starts. Look at us – we were friends. That worked out well, didn't it?"

"I wouldn't count on it," snaps Belle, "I mean Shawn and Mimi, that is. I don't think they will be happy together."

"Who else could they be happy with," asks Phillip. Silence. "Exactly. I think it's our responsibility to give them a little nudge."

Belle whines, "I don't think we should pressure Mimi. She will never get over this abortion or losing Rex."

Mimi assures Shawn she is OK. The guilt is gone.

"What changed your mind," asks Shawn.

"I don't know how to explain it," says Mimi, "I was in the church and it's like something snapped. I found this clarity. I will always mourn that baby, but now I can move on."

Shawn says, "Wow, we should have gotten you to that church sooner."

Mimi says, "You have been there for me every step of the way. You've shown me there can be somebody after Rex."

Shawn asks, "Me?" Mimi nods, "Giggle." Yeah, she's gone from Nerd-Brain to Bird-Brain.

Phillip says, " I know you feel bad about Mimi. Sooner or late she will come to terms with it, just like you will with PPD."

Belle yells, "Why are you so fixated on this?"

"They are our friends," says Phillip.

"Yes," says Belle, "So I think it's a mistake for Shawn to be with her."

"You think it's a mistake for Shawn – period. This keeps coming up because you don't want Shawn to be with anyone," says Phillip.

Mimi says she will stop being so hard on herself. She wants to try things again with Shawn. Uncomfortable moment. Shawn goes to fix the pipes, wielding the monkey wrench. Mimi wields the baby. Shawn comes back and kisses her. Shawn goes back to work as Mother Mary appears and smiles at Mimi.

Jennifer asks, "Are you saying Jack hand-picked you to take his place?"

Frankie says, "It's just that he asked me to look after you."

"Wow," says Jennifer, "He really had thought of everything."

"He wants someone to look after you and the kids," says Frankie, "He knows I am no threat so... I never thought in a million years I would be here."

"Lucky you," says Jennifer, "Stuck with a mess like me. You're a great friend. I can't tell you how grateful I am you will be sticking around here."

"There is nothing I wouldn't do for you," says Frankie. Hug.

Jack watches from the upstairs window, "Everything's falling into place." He turns from the window and collapses, "...And not a moment too soon." He struggles to the bed, "It seems my time is finally up." He embraces the book.

Marlena reads it and weeps, "So it turns out Alex was right."

"No," says John, "Let me explain. We thought you were lost at sea. I couldn't forget the moment you strapped me onto that raft instead of yourself. I had to deal with the facts. And you weren't the only one. There were all the others we thought we lost on the island, too – Jack Devereaux, Caroline Brady, Victor Kiriakis..."

"You for got Roman Brady," says Alex, "I mean, how convenient for you both that your spouses were declared dead."

"What the hell was I supposed to think," asks John.

Alex plays the trump card, "Then explain the life insurance."

"The reason Kate's name is on the check is she runs my company," says John, "The money went to an offshore trust fund for your children, Marlena."

"You're still sidestepping the issue," says Alex, "Not only did you declare her dead legally, but you declared her dead in your heart as well. As soon as you came home from the hospital you had Kate move in."

"There was a reason for that," interrupts Kate.

"I'm sure there was," says Marlena, "I'm sure you fell in love with him. And then he proposed."

That was only after you were declared dead," says John.

"I realize that," whispers Marlena., "I don't quite understand why you are here."

"Yes you do," says John, "I made a vow to love you for all the Days Of Our Lives, and that's what I'm gonna do."

Marlena says, "You have lived up to your vows. You were faithful to me until you thought I was dead. You owe me nothing at all. That being the case, with whom would you like to spend you life – With me or Kate – The Lady Or The Tiger ?"



Previews
========

Billie says to Sami, "You are delusional if you think my brother is still interested in you." Nicole watches and smirks.

Alex tells Marlena, "The only one who can love and cherish you the way you should be cared for is me."

"If there is anyone who can help Belle with her PPD, it would be Mimi," says Phillip.

Mimi says, "Belle, I want to apologize."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting Shawn out of the gene pool is a dandy idea. But, after reading Philip's statement in the Previews, "Mimi is the one to help Belle with her PPD.", I think maybe he should be included. Talk about going to look for some gasoline to throw on the fire!!

Great Prevuze, great commentz, great picturez as usual!!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs