Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Did I Interrupt Something?

Shawn and Mimi are in the shower. They're not doing too much cleaning. "Can this night get any better," asks Mimi.

"It's just getting started," says Shawn.

Kate concludes Shawn must be Claire's father, out loud, of course. Phillip comes up behind her, "Mom, I don't need this right now."

Belle lectures John and Marlena. She needs them to be together.

Abby runs to the door. It's Chelsea. Abby is worried, "What if he's lying somewhere dead right now? I should have stayed home tonight. At least I could have seen my dad one last time."

Jennifer wants to know if Frankie is keeping something from her just to protect her. "OK," says Frankie, "I'll tell you what I know."

Patrick thinks something is wrong with the diving equipment. Hope yells for Bo as Bo struggles to get his foot loose from the steel beams. The idiot removes his air supply and wiggles like a worm on the end of a fishhook.

Kate stuffs the blood test results into her purse. Phillip is upset. Kate thinks they chose the wrong godparents. She thinks Shawn may have gotten something in his greasy garage and given it to Claire.

Phillip says, "Mom, Shawn loves Claire like she's his own." Kate stares.

Alex is on the phone with the airline booking the first flight out after the ice storm.

Belle hopes her parents can get back together. John tells her not to worry about her mom and him. She has a lot on her mind. Anything on Belle's mind is a big load.

Marlena asks to speak to Belle in private. "Something has come up that makes it impossible to stay with your father. Before I ever met him, Dr. North and I were married. Legally, and in the eyes of God I, am still Mrs. Alex North."

Frankie tells Jennifer they will just have to wait and see what happens. Jennifer cries, "My worst fear almost came true Frankie. I almost lost him without saying goodbye. I know God wouldn't take him right now."

Hope worries. Patrick comes up in diving gear. He's going in after Bo. Hope prays as Patrick gets ready.

Meanwhile, at the bottom of the river, Bo loses consciousness.

Mimi and Shawn are in bed. Mimi can't believe she is there with Shawn. She tells him in high school there was a two-week period where she was late to geometry every day because if she went the wrong way to class she would pass him in the hall. He says he would have paid more attention to her but he was in love with Belle back then, "We've always been friends and now I guess we're more."

"You're the only one I want to be with," says Mimi. "You're the only one I want to be with," echoes Shawn.

Kate tells Phillip, "Claire isn't Shawn's. She's yours and Belle's."

Phillip says, "I know that. Shawn is like family now. We're all upset. I realize that."

"I have to make a phone call," says Kate, "Go be with your daughter."

Alex can't believe a one-way ticket costs as much as a round trip. He hangs up, turns around and sees John. He asks John how long he has been standing there.

"Long enough to know you are making the right decision," says John.

Marlena tells Belle her marriage to John isn't legal. She goes through her convoluted multiple-amnesia history with Alex. She says she has to stay true to her marriage vows.

"He's ancient history," says Belle.

"No," says Marlena, "I still have feelings for him."

"He's a total stranger," insists Belle.

"I have amnesia," says Marlena, "Everyone is a total stranger to me. But the one person I recognized and bonded with is Alex. You and I are in a very similar situation. We both have to choose between two men in our lives."

Belle snaps, "Our situation is not the same."

Marlena reminds her, "At the height of labor you called out for Shawn. Alex was my first husband. I still have deep feelings for him."

"That is where our situations are different," says Belle, "I loved Shawn, but the person I married is Phillip and our child is fighting for her life."

Marlena says, "At some point, if you don't get past your feelings for Shawn, you might have to choose one more time between those two men."

"Buying a one-way ticket is the smartest thing you can do," says John.

Alex says, "I'm not going anywhere until I can say goodbye to Marlena."

"I have already made my choice," says Belle, "I am honoring my marriage vows. I will not be unfaithful to Phillip."

Marlena asks, "What do you do with your feelings?"

"I don't' know," says Belle, "If I could go back and change everything I would. But you are abandoning Dad and your family."

"Belle," says Marlena, "I would never leave you. You are my daughter."

"You don't even remember me," whines Belle.

"But I love you."

"Then don't do this," says Belle, "I love you. If you leave Dad you will be making the biggest mistake of your life."

Phillip interrupts. Belle tells him she is spending the night in the hospital. She leaves to call Mimi and ask her to bring them some things.

Phillip assures Marlena he will see Belle through this. Hug. Kate watches.

Shawn suggests Mimi move into his room and they turn her room into a game room. Mimi likes the idea. "We both had to take a crazy road to get here and we both got hurt, but I want to spend every night like this," he says.

Mimi's phone rings. Belle tells her, "I'm sorry I called so late, but it's an emergency."

Chelsea tries to encourage Abby. Abby tells her Jack is dying and the bad news will come whether it's tonight or in a few months. "I will be here for you," says Chelsea, "because we are friends."

Jennifer decides no new is great news. She rambles on about what might have happened to Jack, "Once Jack spent 50 dollars at a vending machine until he got Abby a blue ring. That's the kind of man he is. He's on some kind of romantic errand to make this night special."

The girls come in. Everyone supports everyone. Frankie knows the truth. Frankie stares.

Patrick swims toward Bo. Bo floats. Patrick grabs him and gives him air. They work on Bo's leg and get it unstuck. Patrick gives him the thumbs up but Bo goes on down toward Jack's car.

Hope says, "Bo can't last under that icy water much longer."

Billie says, "And if he couldn't with a wet suit and oxygen... what chance does Jack have?"

Hope wonders, "What if none of them make it back?"

Kate sees Belle on the phone. Mimi asks what Belle needs them to do. Belle wants clothes, their toothbrushes and Claire's stuffed bunny.

"OK," says Mimi, "We'll be there as soon as we get dressed."

That got Belle's attention, "WE?"

"Uh, Shawn and me," says Mimi.

"Oh," chokes Belle, "DID I INTERRUPT SOMETHING?"

Mimi says, "The only thing that matters right now is Claire. We're on our way."

"Uh, um, uh but...," Belle stares.

Belle goes in to see Claire. She bites off the nurse's head, "They've done a million tests. Why don't they know something?" The nurse is happy to leave to see what she can find out. Belle talks to Claire, "I know I haven't been the best mom. But I promise things will change. All you have to do is get better. Because you and Daddy and me are a family and families stay together."

Alex asks Marlena how she is holding up. Marlena says she has had better times. He assures her Claire will pull through. He tells her, "I want you to know I accept your choice. Since there is no place for me in Salem, I will refer your case to a colleague. I want you to know I have never stopped loving you. Maybe I should have come back sooner. The only thing I have ever wanted is for you to be happy." John soaks it all in.

Marlena says, "Alex, wait." Staredown.

Phillip tells Kate, "This is the part of parenting they don't prepare you for." Kate asks him if he thinks Belle is up to a visit from Shawn and Mimi. Phillip says Shawn and Mimi were at their place tonight and Belle is OK with their relationship. He thinks Shawn and Mimi are ready to take the next step, "Shawn and Belle were nothing more than high school sweethearts."

"Are you saying they never slept together," asks Kate.

"No," says Phillip, "They didn't. I'm uncomfortable talking to you about it, but I was her first."

"How do you know," asks Kate.

"She told me," says Phillip, "Excuse me. I have to check on Claire."

"OK," says Kate, "Keep me updated. Phillip leaves.

Kate thinks, "So Shawn and Belle never slept together. So Shawn couldn't be the father... unless Belle lied to Phillip."

Marlena asks Alex not to go. John says they can talk later. Alex says he is prepared to live with Marlena's decision. He will sign whatever papers are necessary to give her a divorce.

Marlena tells Alex, "I don't want a divorce. I don’t want you to go."

Jennifer starts to decorate for the party. Frankie suggests they wait. Jennifer says they don't have anything else to do.

Bo and Patrick are back up. Bo has retrieved Jack's license plate, "The current was too strong to stay down there. Even if he got out of the car, the current would have swept him away."

Jennifer hears a car as they decorate. She opens the door. The grim reapers stand there. Jennifer asks, "What's wrong? Did you find Jack? Why isn't anyone saying anything? Hope?"

Belle and Phillip tell Shawn and Mimi Claire's condition hasn't changed. Belle and Shawn go for coffee. Belle spills the coffee and freaks, "I can't lose it now." Too late, kiddo.

Kate sneaks into the office again. She brings up Shawn's records on the computer, "OMG, no. It can't be. Phillip doesn't have the right blood type but Shawn does. Which means that Belle lied, which means Shawn is the Baby's father, which means we can milk this for years to come."

Phillip tells Mimi it looked like she and Shawn were heating up.

Mimi says, "That was the spices in your risotto. Well... we got closer. A lot closer. Phillip is glad they all can still be friends.

Shawn encourages Belle. He hugs her as Kate watches.

Alex tells Marlena they are still legally married. She has to divorce him to be with John.

"I didn't choose John," says Marlena, "That's why I don't want you to go. I'd like to be your wife if you will have me."

"If I will have you," asks Alex, "You are all I have ever wanted. Oh, we can rebuild our life together. Now we can be together for all the Days Of Our Lives, just like we always dreamed of."

"No way in hell that's going to happen," mumbles John.

Jennifer rambles on about why they might not have found Jack. The group is morbid. My gosh," says Jennifer, "Will somebody please say something!"

"Jen, I need you to be really strong," says Hope.

"We have some bad news," says Bo, "It's about Jack."

"NO! NO! I don't want to know," wails Jennifer.


Previews
========

Jennifer struggles at the bridge, "I can't believe it! I believe he's coming home!" Hope tells Bo, "She can't accept what's right in front of her." Bo says, "...That Jack's gone."

Phillip says, "I wish she looked like her mom." Kate says, "That's your daughter. There's no doubt about that."

Sami tells Nicole, "Your takeover scheme is going to go down. I guarantee it." Nicole asks, "What the hell did you do this time?"

"OMG, it's you," says Lucas.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the picture captions - particularly the ones with the leeches and Lexi checking with Kate. Can't see the fourth picture yet, but that'll give me an excuse to check back in later.

I see we are into one of DAYS' month-long "days". I wonder if they'll get Thanksgiving over with before Christmas hits?

Speaking of which (groan), I can picture the Christmas show now with all its pathos - Jen tearfully hanging Jack's ornament on the tree, Abby weeping as she hangs her ornament next to her Dad's. Spare me.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the bottom picture to pop in. LOLOLOLOL

Can't wait to see the scene in full! Great moving pic, Prevuze.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs