Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Damn That Thing Packs A Wallop!

Mimi presses Belle about her feelings for Shawn. Mimi wants to know if she has a clear field. She turns up the volume and Phillip hears her outside. He comes in and asks why Mimi is yelling.

Maggie spills a drink. Mickey wants to know why she is working behind the bar. "Where is Ricardo," he asks.

"He called in sick," says Maggie.

"I know someone who can fill in for him," says Mickey, taking off his coat. Maggie wonders if Mickey can really do this. The waitress comes up and orders a double scotch on the rocks and the Mickster shows his bartending stuff.

Sami and Austin come into Chez Rouge. Sami can't believe Schnitzel chose them over Titan. They order champagne as Nicole comes in and sits at the bar. "One stop shopping," asks Nicole, "Booze and legal advice at the same time?" She orders a Cosmo.

Lucas cries in his booze. He flashes back to the ugly scene at Titan. Maggie tells him to do himself a favor and put the drink down.

Roman comes in. He calls Kate and tells her he had a police emergency. Kate tells him he doesn't need to come back, "It's all between Alex, Marlena and John now."

John wants Marlena to explain why she would want to stay with Alex. Marlena has flashbacks, "I'm absolutely sure about my past with Alex. It's like a movie. It just plays in my mind. The moment I close my eyes, I'm right there, the night he proposed marriage to me."

Maggie sits down. Lucas says he knows he doesn't need the drink, "I just wanted to smell it. It smells like paradise but I know I can't mess with this kind of fire because I'll get burned." Maggie orders him a club soda.

Maggie says, "You and I are not occasional drinkers, Lucas. This is a lifetime disease. Something has happened to you. What is it?"

"It's not Sami this time," says Lucas, "It's that damn company she, Austin and Nicole are starting up. They stole the Clear Visage account from me."

"Take it back from them," says Maggie, "Losing a battle isn't losing the war."

Lucas broods, "I only got this job because Austin turned it down."

Maggie tries to encourage him, "Change your attitude Lucas. The only one who will destroy Victor's confidence in you is you."

Austin offers a toast, "To OUR company." Austin says Sami has proved herself as a partner. Nicole watches and wretches. She bumps into Roman and yells, "Watch where you are walking." Roman stares.

John tells Marlena about the phenomenon of Recovered Memory. He wonders if that might be what is happening here. Marlena believes she really was with Alex before she met John. Alex suggests Marlena tell John what happened the night before they were married. Marlena flashes back to a strip poker game. "I remember this darling man proposing marriage in the snow," says Marlena, "then he lit a fire in our chalet. John, I know how much you love me, but I think you do have to accept that Alex is a part of my past."

"I think she's telling the truth," says Kate.

Austin tells Sami Lucas will be a tougher competitor now. She will have to apply herself, "Are you up for it?" Sami stares.

Maggie encourages Lucas. She says he has a secret weapon – he's a Horton, AND a Roberts, "Trust your instincts. That's all you will need."

Maggie leaves. Enter Sophie. Lucas tells her everything is OK now that she is here.

Phillip wants the scoop. Belle says Mimi was concerned about her future. "Your future is with Claire and me," says Phillip.

Belle says, "Mimi wanted to know if I still have feelings for Shawn."

Phillip asks, "What did you tell her?"

"I have to tell the truth," says Belle, "I do still have feelings for Shawn." STOP THE PRESSES!

Roman apologizes for bumping into Nicole. "This drink cost me twelve bucks," snorts Nicole.

"Let me buy you another one," says Roman, "Come on, this offer won't come again."

Nicole and Roman sit at the bar. Roman orders a beer. Nicole wants to know if a Cosmo is too girly for Roman. She orders him one. There is an uncomfortable moment of silence. Nicole asks, "Read any good books lately?"

Roman asks, "Who's got time to read?"

Roman reminds her he has almost arrested her a couple of times. Mickey serves the Cosmos. Roman tries his and likes it, "Damn that thing packs a wallop! It's not bad for a girly drink."

Nicole wonders what it is like to be Roman Brady. She feels sorry for him with no woman in his life. Roman doesn't need her pity.

Alex tells Marlena this is a wonderful breakthrough. He says the more time they spend together the more of her past she will remember.

John seethes. He thinks Alex has convinced Kate too. Kate says it was Marlena who was convincing. "I'm not gonna lose her to that charlatan," says John.

"There may not be anything you can do about it," says Kate.

"Shawn was my first love," says Belle, "But I am committed to spending all the Days Of Our Lives with you."

Phillip goes to check on Claire. Mimi is relentless. She wants to know if Belle still loves Shawn.

Sami says she gets it, "My future is up to me. I'm going to make it happen, not find it in some man. Lucas will try to take it away from me. He will be ruthless but I'm not afraid of it. I'm going to use my anger to take your company to the top."

Austin tells her that is good, and leaves to take a call. Sami contemplates Lucas and Sophie, "I loved you so much. Still do. I think we've run out of chances, and you dumped me. Now I'm going to burn you."

Lucas tells Sophie about Austin getting Carrie long ago, when Lucas had a crush on her. It hurt him when he loved her and she didn't choose him. Sophie says if it was a different time in her life she wouldn't let another woman get her hands on Lucas. She's not ready to become a stepmother, but she IS ready to fool around. She says, "If you're half as good in the board room as you are with me, take that energy and be a killer in business." Sami watches and hangs her head.

Nicole thinks it’s a shame Roman goes home alone every night. Roman wants to know how she knows that. Nicole says he has THAT look. Roman tells her Marlena is in the past. He has moved on. "I think you're better off without her," says Nicole. She orders a pitcher of cosmos. She gets up, slips and falls into his arms.

Nicole leaves to freshen up. "I'll be damned," smiles Roman, "I'm sittin' here having a Cosmo."

Maggie talks to Mickey about his bar tending skills. He's putting too much alcohol in the drinks. "Oops," says Mickey.

Roman wonders what is going on with Doc and the group.

Alex wants Marlena to look a more pictures of their past. The pictures will fill in a lot of gaps for her, "Are you ready to uncover the truth?" Marlena is ready.

John seethes. He doesn't think it was possible for Marlena to be married to Alex. He sits down at his computer to find information, which will prove the relationship was a lie. Kate watches and stares.

Mimi and Belle. More of the same. Belle loves Phillip, Claire, Shawn, everybody. Such love. Have those zappers out, kids, and make sure they have fresh batteries. This stuff is really getting old.

Phillip hears Mimi says she will fight for Shawn. He tells her she won't have to fight that hard, "Shawn is already yours."

Roman is on the phone with Kate. Kate tells him Marlena doesn't remember him at all.

Sami comes into the ladies room and finds Nicole. "What," says Sami, "Don't I ever get a break from you? Are you here alone?"

Nicole tells her she's there with a hot guy – "Your DADDY." Nicole leaves. Sami stares.

Mimi thanks Phillip for supporting her. She's looking forward to her future with Shawn. Belle hugs her and says she is happy for her. Phillip suggests the four of them should go out sometime. Mimi leaves. Phillip tells Belle this is amazing, "Time for the four musketeers to ride again."

Nicole finds Roman has left. She's angry he might have stiffed her with the bill. At twelve bucks a drink, that would be grand larceny.

Austin comes back to the table. He wants to know what's the matter with Sami. She insists nothing is wrong. He has a surprise for her. He wants to show her something, and goes to get the car. They arrange to meet out front. Sami goes over to Lucas' table and tells him she's sorry she had to crush him to get the Clear Visage account but, "business is business."

Lucas is less than enthusiastic, "Thanks for the tip."

"You might be out of your league. Victor is no fool," says Sami. She leaves.

Lucas looks at Sophie and chuckles, "I have a plan to keep Austin out of the game, and Sami down for good." He excuses himself and makes a call. He says into the phone, "This is Lucas Roberts. I need some information."

Roman comes back for another Cosmo, "I may have just lost an important person in my life," he says, "But, what the hell. Let's have a drink."

Nicole toasts, "Cheers."

John says he has found evidence Alex is a complete fraud. Marlena turns to Alex and asks, "What is he talking about?"

Alex stares. FF.


Previews
========

Lucas tells Lulu, "If this works out, we'll all be winners." Lulu says, "It's blackmail is what it is." Lucas says, "So are you going to help me pull this off, or what?"

Nicole tells Sami, "You might hate me now but you never know. Things can change." Sami snaps, "Just go to hell!" Austin asks, "Is there a problem?"

Marlena asks Alex, "Don't you think you own me an explanation?" Alex says, "You're right. It's time I told you everything."

Exclusive Prevuze Spoiler: The major revelation that Marlena and Alex had a kid heralds the return of Baby DJ. Many years ago Marlena and Don Craig had a boy they named DJ. Deej allegedly died of SIDS (Soap Induced Death Syndrome). Marlena and Don never had a funeral for the kid. Prevuze speculated at the time (in our prehistoric format) instead of burying him, Marlena just kept him in a paper bag in the closet. Now, after all these years, we can reveal the Deejster is really the son of Marlena and Alex and, in fact, as is the custom in Salem, did not die. In an upcoming episode, not only will DJ emerge from his paper bag but he will also come out of the closet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of DJ but that sounds like something they would do

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ancient enough that I remember DJ and his lack of burial. Prevuze may have hit on something here! HAHAHAHA

After the high of Tuesday's episode, this one sounds like a snoozer. My zapper is at the ready and fully charged.

Thanks Prevuze for the recap and especially for the "special spoiler". Made my day.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hasn't anyone notice that Alex is the original Roman. DOOL LOVER..........

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs