Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Diamond Divorcee

Jack is dressed in a tux and is lighting candles in the dining room. Jennifer comes in and startles him. He tells her he's preparing dinner for the two of them compliments of Chez Rouge. He has a "lovely frock" set up for her upstairs and asks her to go up and try it on. She leaves and Jack mumbles something about this being their last dinner together. He plans to OD tonight.

Lucas comes back to the table. He tells Sophie didn't get all the information he needed, but when he does Austin, Inc. won't know what hit them. They start to leave but Hans and Lulu come in. Lucas points them out to Sophie, but still wants to leave. He doesn't feel like being around Hans and Lulu right now.

Austin has blindfolded Sami. He has her in the prospective office space. Nicole comes in behind them as Sami asks what's wrong with working in her apartment for a while.

"Everything," says Nicole. Sami isn't thrilled to find out Nicole is there.

Austin leads Sami inside with Nicole following. He takes off Sami's blindfold. Sami shouts, "Austin! What – are you kidding? There is no way I'm going to work here!"

Marlena wants to know what John meant when he called Alex a fraud.

"You are lying," says John, "It seems there is no record anywhere of any divorce decree. You were very careful about faking the information about being married, but you forgot to manufacture the evidence showing why you aren't still together."

"He's right," says Marlena, "Why aren't we together if we are so much in love?"

Jack pours the wine and serves. Jennifer thinks maybe he shouldn't be drinking.

"One glass of wine won't kill me," says Jack.

"Jack, I don't want you kidding about that," says Jennifer.

"All right," says Jack, "Tonight is about you and me. I am cherishing every moment I have with you."

"You have to keep fighting," says Jennifer, "You act like you are giving up."

Jack says, "I won't. But it is important to be realistic. We have to talk about what you are going to do after I'm gone."

Alex says there is a good reason why he and Marlena have been apart, "After we married, I died." Back from the dead is he? Well, join the club. This has never happened before in Salem has it?

John thinks he's probably running from the authorities. John goes back to the computer, "No record of your so-called death either. Another lie?"

Alex brings a secure website up on the computer. John stares, "I don't believe it, you were an undercover agent for the government?"

Hans and Lulu sit down. Lucas and Sophie stare. Sophie thinks there is something familiar about Lulu. She has seen her in the tabloids. "You're not gonna believe this," says Sophie. Lucas soaks it in.

"This is Brandon's apartment," says Sami. Nicole thinks it would be perfect for them. Sami and Nicole argue. Austin tries to break it up. Nicole thinks Sami's apartment is too cramped. No client will take them seriously if they don't have their own place. Sami walks out in a huff.

Jack takes Jennifer's hand. They have to talk. You have to zap. After he's gone he wants her to find someone else. Jennifer can't even think about that right now. She wants him to stop talking about this, as we all do. Jack vows they will just enjoy the evening, "Tonight will be about you and me and all the Days Of Our Lives." They dance.

Lucas surfs the web on his cell phone. Sophie is right. Sophie wonders how Hans wouldn't know about Lulu. Lucas says he will use Lulu to get the Clear visage account back.

Nicole goes on about needing office space. Austin is tempted to go for it. Nicole says, "It has a kitchen and a bedroom. You could live here."

Sami says, "So – what – you think you could move in with him?"

Alex tells John how to get into the website. John brings up a newspaper article, "MISSING AND PRESUMED DEAD," says the headline, with a picture of Alex, Roman, of whomever he was back then. John tries to get into the website for more info but can't, "It's locked down. I can't get to it even with my clearance."

Marlena asks Alex, "Don't you think you own me an explanation?"

Alex says, "You're right. It's time I told you everything."

Lucas has a plan. He tells Sophie, "I'll need your help. You have to keep Schnitzel busy so I can talk to Lulu." They go over to Hans' table. Schnitzel tells him his mind is made up about the Clear Visage account. Lucas invites him to join them but Hans declines.

Sophie pours it on, "Oh, Hans, I want to hear all about how you discovered the formula." Lulu has heard this a million times. Lucas invites her to dance.

Lucas charms Lulu, "Something is so familiar about you."

Lulu doesn't like the direction things are going. "I have to go to the girls' room," she says.

Lucas says, "You're not going to pull a 'Houdini' on me are you? They call you the Diamond Divorcee. But I won't tell Hans your little secret as long as you do something for me. Do you have monogrammed towels from all your marriages, Miss Lulu Weiner-Kleinfeld-Guiseppe-Fujimoto-Martinez-Polowski... Should I go on?"

"I fall in love easily," says Lulu.

"You seem to fall out of love easily too," says Lucas, "You're a con artist. You prey on wealthy men."

"Hans knows all about my past," says Lulu.

"You're lying," says Lucas, "Hans is clueless. He doesn't know anything about your past, either. He's going to learn all about Little Lulu unless you do what I say."

Nicole and Sami go on about the office space. Nicole says Austin and she will get their own places. She plays the 'Will' card. Nicole knows Sami has hurt him, "He might hate you now but, you never know. Things can change."

Sami snaps, "Just go to hell!"

Austin asks, "Is there a problem?"

Jack reminds Jennifer of the great times they have had. Jennifer wants more. So does Jack. Flashback-O-Rama. You take my breath away... plays in the background. Pan to J&J in the bedroom.

Alex tells his story, "Shortly after we were married I was recruited for Special Ops. I was told my expertise was needed. At the time it was important to our national security to determine how our operatives would react under stressful conditions. I devised a fiendish experiment. I sat them down in front of Days Of Our Lives and made them watch the Jack and Jennifer, Belle and Mimi crud over and over. They cracked – every one of them. Then, I was shot down over enemy territory and captured. After a time, I was declared dead. Apparently after you were informed, that's when you experienced your first bout of HYSTERICAL AMNESIA.

Sophie continues to lay it on. Hans says he is lucky to have found Lulu.

Lucas gives Lulu instructions to get Hans to back out of the deal with Austin or else. Lulu gets the picture. Lucas says, "If this works out, we'll all be winners."

Lulu says, "It's blackmail is what it is."

Lucas says, "That's exactly what it is. So are you going to help me pull this off, or what?"

"So Austin, how about it? Who will you side with – me or Sami," asks Nicole.

Jack, Jennifer, afterglow. Jennifer reminds him not to forget his meds and rolls over.

"Don't worry, I won't," says Jack. He sighs, opens the drawer and contemplates the bottles.

Lulu says Lucas hasn't given her much choice. They go back to Hans' table. Sophie takes Hans aside, "I just have one word for you – pre-nup."

Lucas and Sophie leave. Lulu suggests she and Hans go back to the hotel, "I'm really not hungry, except for you. I think we need to talk about something, but not here."

Lucas tells Sophie he's going to get the account, "and I owe it all to you. I'm feeling great. Austin won't be, though."

Austin agrees they shouldn't overextend themselves, but they need to be taken seriously. He thinks they should take the office space. He's sorry it has bad memories for Sami, but "Let's do it."

John isn't buying Alex' story. Alex says he didn't tell Marlena any of this because she was in such a fragile state. When he was finally rescued he didn't come back to her because friends had told him how bad it was for Marlena and she had finally moved on. By the time he tracked her down, she was already married to Roman. Marlena flashes back.

"I loved you so much Marlena," says Alex, "It killed me knowing you had no memories of me. I knew it would just cause you more pain if I tried to get back in your life. So I walked away. Don't think that was an easy decision. I have been haunted by it every day since."

"I think that's a bunch of BS," sneers John, "I want facts so I can check it out."

"I will give that information only to Marlena – if she wants it," says Alex.

"No you will give it to me because she is my wife," says John.

"No... I'm not," says Marlena, "We were never married. Not legally. I wasn't married to you or to Roman. If this marriage license is real, and I have every reason to believe it is, then Alex and I are still married. Alex... I'm your wife!"

Alex smiles. FF Marlena.


Thanx to our reader in Kansas (or was it the Land of Oz) for this idea.

Previews
========

Belle says to Phillip, "You deserve so much more. You deserve so much better." Hug.

Shawn is in the shower. He tugs at Mimi, "Come in with me. Mimi says, "I don't know..." Kiss.


Alex tells Marlena, "Give me the chance to prove I am the only man you have ever loved."

Jack leans on Billie, then collapses. Billie yells "Jack!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be back to the old grind, but Prevuze certainly helps to smooth the way.

I think I detect some sort of religious theme going here...Salem & Gomorrah, Sami asking God to smite Sophie, etc. Of course, only God can help the storyline now, the writers sure aren't doing it. HAHAHA

Why is Squints surprised Alex was an undercover agent? Isn't everyone in Salem at one point or another?

Now I know our intelligence agencies are hard up. Either that or they really have a soft spot for Salem boys. Phil was recruited by the ISA when he was a raw Marine recruit and Alex was recruited for his "special expertise" when he was only a med student. Give me a break!

Loved all the extra pictures today, Prevuze!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs