Monday, July 11, 2005

Mommie Dearest

Brady and Chloe share a lovely meal. Chloe tells Brady to stop staring at her. “I can’t help it. You are just so beautiful.” Blind Brady beholds beautiful Chloe.

Chloe says, “This has been really wonderful being here with you. I know we can’t stay here together.”

“I’m taking you back and we will face the world,” says Brady.

“No Brady, I can’t.” says Chloe.”

John sees Marlena won’t eat her eggs. She's just going to have some toast. He offers her a piece of toast dripping in butter and marmalade. Marlena bolts for the bathroom.

On the phone, Roman tells Bo he has to arrest Shawn, “Bo, I hate to do this to you. I gotta ask you to be the one to bring Shawn in. I’m tied up. I have to figure out what's going on with Mom and Victor and Tony D. I was going to do it. Then I realized he’s your son and you might want to do it yourself.”

“You’re right,” says Bo, “I need to be the one.”

“No,” screams Hope, “I will not allow you to arrest our son.”

Kate tells Belle Phillip needs her to be there for him. Shawn rushes up and tells Kate to cool it. Kate tells Shawn to get out of the apartment.

Belle says, “This is my apartment and you have no right to tell him to leave.”

Phillip backs her up. Lucas says, “Mom, you kicked Sami out of my apartment earlier, what’s wrong with you?”

Sami rummages through Eugenia’s apartment. Eugenia comes back to the door and goes through her purse looking for her keys.

“You can’t arrest Shawn,” says Hope.

Roman asks if there is a problem.

Bo says, “If this has to be done, I want to be the one to do it.”

They ask if they can talk to the judge first. Roman says, “The arrest warrant has already been issued. Tell hope I’m sorry.”

Bo says, “Hope, we knew this was a possibility if Shawn missed his hearing.”

“It’s my fault. I gave him the money to go to Germany,” says Hope.

Chloe doesn’t want this time alone with Brady to end.

“I don’t want it to end either, Chloe,” says Brady.

“Another day or two won’t hurt,” she says.

“I want to shout it from the rooftops,” says Brady, “and put it in the paper.”

“Let’s not do that,” says Chloe.

Brady asks, “Can I at least ask my dad and Marlena to come up and see you, is that all right?”

“Yeah, I guess that’s OK,” says Chloe.

Marlena comes back holding her stomach. She tells John she is OK.

“You probably picked up some kind of bug in the castle says John.” He encourages her to see her doctor, but Marlena tells him she already has.

Brady calls, “How would you like to spend the day with your son and the love of his life?”

“If you mean Nicole,” says John, “My schedule is pretty tight.”

“No, Dad, you misunderstood,” says Brady, “Chloe is alive!”

“Huh-wha...”

“Dad, I’m in Mom’s cottage. Come on up and see for yourself,” says Brady.

John tells Marlena, “Chloe Lane is alive and Brady is with her right now. He wants us to come up there.”

“I’m glad she decided to let him see her,” says Marlena.

John says, “OMG, you knew she was alive and you kept that secret from Brady?”

Kate asks Lucas if he is accusing her of something.

“No,” says Lucas, “But if Phillip wants Shawn in Belle’s life it’s none of your business.”

Kate says, “I don’t want to see my children get hurt.”

“We’re adults, mom,” he says, “and some of us even act like it from time to time.”

Kate’s phone rings. “Hello,” she snaps.

“Whoa, this is Roman, are you with Belle and Phillip? I’ve got some things to take care of and I’ll be right over there. Shawn missed his hearing and the judge issued a warrant for his arrest. So if you do see him, tell him to stay put.”

“Yes, of course,” says Kate, “I’ll do my part.” She hangs up, “Look, Lucas, Phillip, I shouldn’t be interfering. If Phillip wants Shawn to be here it’s OK with me.” She thinks, “Because as soon as your parents get here, Shawn, you’ll be out of our lives for good.”

Sami hears the keys rattle. Eugenia walks into an empty room and flops on the bed. She takes off her shoes, “Where did I put my slippers? They must be under the bed.” Under the bed, Sami pulls the slippers out.”

Brady tells Chloe Marlena and John will be happy to see she is alive.

“Actually,” says Chloe, “Marlena already knows I’m alive. She knew a few days before you found me. My mom called and asked her to counsel me. She couldn’t tell because of doctor/patient confidentiality. Also, if she would have told, we would have missed a golden opportunity to drag things out. She told me you would love me no matter what I looked like.”

Brady sees the perfect Chloe and says, “Well, she’s right, I do. I don’t understand why you are so fixated on the way you look.”

Chloe says, “I’d like to talk to Marlena again to try to figure things out a little more.”

“If anyone can help you,” says Brady, “she can.”

Marlena tells John she knew about Chloe. “Chloe became your patient and that’s where the confidentiality rule kicks in,” says John, “The Hippocratic oath is as sacred as your marriage vows.”

“Where are Chloe and Brady now,” asks Marlena.

“At Isabella’s cottage,” says John.

“I didn’t know you kept that,” says Marlena.

“Is that a problem,” asks John.

“No,” says Marlena, “I just didn’t know about it.”

“I thought I told you about it. It’s Brady’s now. I just held on to it for his sake,” says John.

“And,” says Marlena, “because you weren’t ready to let go of Isabella.”

“Of course I don’t want to let go of her. She was a great love of my life and we share a beautiful child. Just as Roman was a great love of your life and you share two beautiful children.” Make that 2½. Anyway, I love you and you love me and if I didn’t tell you about the cottage, I’m sorry.”

Marlena smiles, “That’s OK, I forgive you. And I hope you will find a way to forgive me. John, I have...”

“You have an oath to keep,” he interrupts, “I understand why you didn’t tell me about Chloe.”

Marlena says, “That wasn’t quite what I meant...” DOORBELL.

John answers. It’s Roman, “We just got some unbelievable news says John. Brady called Chloe Lane is alive.”

“That’s incredible.”

John says, “We’re on our way over there to find out the details.”

Roman says, “I wish I had the same great news about Ma and Victor but I’m still working on it. He turns to Marlena, “How you doing, Doc?”

“She’s not doing well,” says John, “In fact, I’m going upstairs and see if I can find something for her stomach. I’ll be right back.” This will also give you kids a chance to talk about your little peccadillo.

“You haven’t told him,” says Roman.

“No, I was going to last night. I just couldn’t find the words. I’m going to tell him right away,” vows Marlena. Translation: John will find out about the kid before it’s born.

“Any idea how he will react?”

Marlena says, “I think he will be devastated. I’m worried about the stress of keeping the secret. It won’t be good for the baby. Have you told Kate?”

“No,” says Roman, “and I won’t until you talk to John. Listen, you don’t have to go through his alone. If you want me to be there I can stay and we can do it right now.”

Eugenia digs for her slippers. Sami hands them to her.

Eugenia sits on the bed and Sami squeaks.

Kate tells Shawn he can stay. Thanks all around. Bo and Hope come in.

“I am so sorry,” says Hope.

Bo tells Shawn, “I’m here as a police officer. I’ve got a warrant for your arrest.” Shawn stares. Belle stares. Kate’s eyes twinkle.

Marlena says she can’t tell John now, “He’s so excited about seeing Chloe and Brady now. I’ll tell him later.”

Roman says, “I just hope John and Kate can understand the extraordinary circumstances we were under that one time we were intimate while we were held captive.”

“They also have to understand that you and I won’t be bound by this child,” says Marlena.

John comes back downstairs, “We were all out of antacid.” Roman leaves.

“I can’t imagine what Marlena was going through not being able to tell me,” says Brady, “She kept saying don’t give up. You’ve gotta keep looking until you find her.”

Chloe confesses, “Brady, that night at Alice's bar, I was there.”

“You were there?”

“Yeah,” she says, “I was hiding behind the bushes and I heard your prayer.”

“Why didn't you come out and reveal yourself to me?”

“I didn’t know how you would react what with the way I looked,” she says.

Brady sees perfection, “Chloe, that doesn’t make any sense to me. Obviously your surgeries were successful.”

“I’m afraid they weren't,” says Chloe.

Brady tells her, “What you see in the mirror is not what I see. You are the same beautiful woman I fell in love with.”

“I’m not the same person and I never will be,” she insists.

“You‘re right, says Brady, “I can’t believe I was so blind I didn’t see it before.”

Sami hides under the bed. Eugenia says, “It must’ve been this old mattress creaking. I’d better check on my baby.” She calls the psychic and asks about Dino. She says Dino has been a perfect angel.

“You know how much I miss him but between working and looking for another job I just didn’t have time to take care of him,” says Eugenia.

“Well,” says the psychic, “We know who’s to blame for that, don’t we?”

“Yeah,” says Eugenia, “My sorry state in life is all because of that damn Sami Brady. At least the little bitch lost her son, her boyfriend and her chances for a happy future. Kate Roberts and I made sure of that.” Sami has a conniption under the bed.

“Arrest me for what,” says Shawn, “you’ve got to be kidding.”

“No,” says Bo, “These charges are no joke and you haven’t been taking them seriously.”

“I got a letter from the court,” says Shawn.

“And what did it say,” asks Hope.

“I didn’t open it,” says Brainiac.

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about,” says Bo, “You missed your new hearing date.”

OK, here it is, you knew this one was coming, “OMG,” whines Belle, “This is all my fault. He wouldn’t have come to Germany if it weren’t for me.”

“This proves,” says Kate, “How irresponsible Shawn has been with his decisions.”

Phillip says, “Mom, you’re friends with judge Fitzpatrick. Can’t you do something?”

Kate says, “I don’t think it would do any good to talk to the judge. What she did was perfectly legal.”

“Yes,” says Hope, “but extreme, don’t you think?”

“I guess Karen had her reasons,” says Kate.

“Right, I guess Karen did,” mocks Hope.

Brady “sees” what happened to Chloe. She was traumatized by the accident, “All that is in the past now. I’m going to do everything in my power to see that nothing like that happens again. I just wish I could have been there from the start.”

John and Marlena come in.

“There she is,” says John. Chloe turns around. John says, “It’s true – you’ve come back to us.” He hugs Chloe.

“She’s here,” says Brady, “as beautiful as ever,” John and Marlena exchange glances.

Brady encourages Marlena and Chloe to talk while he and John go off together.

“Dr. Evans,” says Chloe, “Brady can’t see my scars.”

“I’m sure he’s just looking past them,” advises Marlena.

“Nope, he’s blind as a bat. How is that possible?”

Marlena says, “It’s not surprising. He loves you so unconditionally the only thing he can see is your inner beauty. True love transcends everything. He loves you so deeply he is literally blinded to your imperfections.”

“I know where he learned to love like that,” says Chloe, “It’s the same love you share with Brady’s father. It’s based on trust and honesty.” Oh, the guilt!

John asks, “Can I have Ms. Lane all to myself for a second?” he asks her to do something for him in Salem tomorrow.

“No,” says Chloe, “There is no way I’m leaving this cottage.”

“There must be something we can do,” says Belle,“Maybe we could all whine and blame ourselves.”

“I will vouch for Shawn,” says Phillip.

Shawn puts on his big-boy pants, “I got myself into this. I’ll get myself out of it.”

“Don’t get cocky, Shawn,” says Bo, “This is very serious and you missing the hearing date made a bad situation worse.”

“I have a feeling,” says Shawn, “an ‘I-told-you-so’ is coming and I don’t need it.”

Bo says, “That’s exactly the kind of attitude I was talking about. When are you going to stop acting impulsively and think things through?”

“I don’t know, Dad, when are you?” Staredown.

Hope says, “I think it’s pretty obvious what happened here. You got your good friend Karen to move Shawn’s court date up. You just had to make sure he went to jail, didn’t you Kate?”

“I would never do anything like that even if I did have that kind of influence,” says Kate, “Judge Fitzpatrick would never compromise her position or her authority. But if I did have influence, I would recommend she do exactly as she has done.”

Roman is at the door. Hope gives him both barrels when he comes in, “I think your wife is doing everything she can to destroy Shawn’s life.”

Brady tells Marlena, “I think you ought to talk to Chloe. I think she is traumatized more by this accident than she realizes.”

Marlena goes into shrink-mode, “Tell me why you think that.”

Brady says, “She keeps saying she is ugly. With your help she can come to terms with what is bothering her.”

“And you can’t see what’s wrong with her,” asks Marlena, “I have spoken with Chloe but I will talk to her again if you like. Part of her therapy will mean I have to talk to you too.”

John tells Chloe he wouldn’t ask this if it weren’t important, “No one will care about the scars, anyway.”

Chloe says, “Brady will, eventually, but he can’t see them right now.”

“Maybe that’s because they don’t’ matter to him,” says John, “I’m putting something together for Marlena – a double wedding ceremony with Kate and Roman. I want you to sing at my ceremony.”

“I’m not sure,” says Chloe.

“OK, I understand. But I do want Brady to be there and since you are his future wife please think about coming too,” says John.

Eugenia says, “Kate Roberts owes me big time after I helped her set up Sami.”

“Do you think Kate will come through?”

Eugenia says, “If she doesn’t, I have enough evidence on Kate to make sure her son never speaks to her again. It’s safe and hidden where no one will ever find it. Kate will give me exactly what I want.”

“Sounds like everything is under control. I gotta go. Your dog is chewing up my tarot cards, and in my case, that is exactly the same thing as ‘my dog ate my homework
'.’

Eugenia goes in to take a shower.

Sami crawls out, “OK, there is evidence. It’s in this room and I just have to find it. But not right now. I can’t afford to get caught.”

“I’ll be back,” says the Saminator.

Bo says they have no choice.

“Yeah,” says Shawn, “Ya gotta understand, this will look good on detective Brady’s resume, bringing in his own son.”

“Knock it off,” says Bo.

Roman tells Shawn he asked his dad to pick him up, “because I thought it would be better for the both of you.” Shawn can’t thank him enough.

“This isn’t easy for me, son,” says Bo, “Come on, I’ll read you your rights on the way to the station. Let’s go.”

Hope hugs him, “We’ll get you out as soon as we can.” Bo drags him out. Hope slpas Bo as he walks by.

Phillip and Kate comfort Belle. Kate tells her, “This is kind of a reality check for Shawn. This could help him turn his life around.” Lucas scowls.

Roman says, “Hope, you’re wrong about Kate.” Love is blind.

Hope snaps, “That woman will do anything she can to get Shawn away form Belle.”

Roman tells Hope, “I need for you to calm down. Focus all your energy on helping Shawn.” He goes over to Phillip and Belle. “I’m sorry. I know Shawn organized that team to rescue you. Belle, I understand what you are going through. But the fact is, Shawn was irresponsible. But whatever happened to him, he brought on himself.” Kate’s eyes spin.

Lucas says, “Hope, you really think my mom is responsible for this?”

“One hundred per cent,” says Hope, “Kate would do anything she could to protect her children. Getting Shawn out of the way will insure Phillip’s relationship with Belle.”

“Yeah,” says Lucas, “Maybe that’s why she’s trying so hard to get Sami away from me – to protect me. Some people think my mom set Sami and Brandon up, but I don’t have any proof of that. There is no way she could pull that off.”

“Maybe not alone,” says Hope, “But how about with a little help? Didn’t your mom pay Nicole $5 million to Nicole to marry you? Like I said, when it comes to protecting her children, your mother is capable of anything.”

FF on Lucas staring at Mommie Dearest.


Previews
========

Chelsea tells Abby, “Now that Patrick and me are living under the same roof, it will only be a matter of time before we are sleeping in the same bed.”

Maggie tells Mickey, “I’ve made a decision about our future.” Mickey says, “I’ve made a decision, too.” Maggie says, “I’m leaving you.”

Belle tells Marlena, “I can’t believe I’m going to have a baby brother or sister. Dad must be so excited.” Marlena says, “Dad doesn’t know.”

John tells Kate, “You are as beautiful inside as you are out.” Roman says, “I couldn’t agree more.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the "Saminator".

I really think that Brady is the one that needs to see Doc. Or, at least get his eyes checked.

Thank goodness Prevuze, "will be back".

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this blog....thanks for your effort...Prevuze Rules

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs