Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Blubber, Sob, Bawl

Maggie apologizes to Alice as she picks up Bonnie’s trashy supermarket tabloids, “What kind of degenerate would read this kind of stuff or, for that matter, watch those trashy TV soap operas? This whole house is a disaster. Don’t even get me started.” You already are. Alice tells her to chill. “You know what the worst of this is,” says Maggie, “That money-grubbing bottled blonde not only took my house, but she stole my Mickey’s heart.”

Mickey comes in the back door carrying roses, “This day has been too long coming but boy will she be surprised.”

Mickey makes his exit as Bonnie walks in bogarting a cigarette with an armload of shopping bags, “This stiff neck has to go. I’ve spent my last night on the couch. I’m gonna move that bottled redhead out!”

Abby and Chelsea scope out guys in the poor section of Salem where the great shirt shortage of 2005 has hit Salem the hardest. They watch the guys play basketball as Abby asks, “Is that all you think about – boys? And I still want to know what you and Max did yesterday. And why did he say Patrick came along and ‘rescued’ you?”

“Abby, I’m 18 and I’m legal and you know exactly what we were doing and... OMG! Speak of the devil.”

Max walks up and yanks off his t-shirt so he can donate it to the poor, unfortunates here in the shirtless district.

“You mean Patrick caught you two doing it,” asks Abby.

Patrick meets Billie. He tells her he caught Chelsea in a ‘compromising’ position.

John comes in to see Kate, who is on the computer. He asks if their secret plans are still in tact. “If you mean our double wedding, everything is just fine,” says Kate, “I think that was a great idea.”

“I just want to make sure it’s kept a secret. And guess what, Chloe Lane is alive. She survived the wreck. Didn’t want to tell Brady about it because her face is kind of a mess. I asked her to sing at the wedding, but she’s reluctant. I might have talked her into it, though.”

“It’ll be a great ceremony. Nothing could possibly go wrong,” says Kate.

Belle tells Mimi she can’t believe Shawn is in jail. She asks how things are with Mimi and Rex.

“Things are wonderful, but he’s determined to get answers,” says Mimi.

Belle says, “He’ll still love you when he finds out. Trust me. Trust him. Is that my Mom? Mimi, I have to go talk to her.”

Marlena sits holding her stomach. Roman finds her and asks if she has told John about the baby. “No, I haven’t found the right moment yet,” she says.

Roman takes out a bullhorn and says, “Doc, you know there is only so long you can hide the fact that you are pregnant.”

Belle walks up and says, “OMG! Mom? You’re pregnant?” Marlena stares.

Patrick tells Billie he caught Chelsea with Max Brady. “OMG,” says Billie, “Just because he’s some hotshot race driver doesn’t mean he can take advantage of her. Patrick, she’s barely 18.”

“And she didn’t really think she was being taken advantage of,” says Patrick.

“Hmmm... Thanks for telling me. It’s time I do something to make sure she doesn’t make the same mistakes that I did.”

The girls drool over Max’ glistening bod as Chelsea says, “No, Abs, we didn’t’ do it, OK? We just... you know.”

“OMG, not again! Have you ever thought he might just be using you?”

“Abby,” says Chelsea, “I am using him. You should have seen how jealous Patrick was when he found us.”

“He thinks of you as a kid,” says Abby.

“I’m going to use Max Brady to get Patrick, starting right now,” says Chelsea.

Bonnie sucks down another cigarette as she contemplates the mesh thingy she will use to seduce Mickey. A knock at the door sends her into a frenzy to hide the cigarette and mask the odor. It’s Mimi.

“Mom, Rex is really pushing me to tell him what the big secret was with Jan. What should I do?”

“Maybe you should tell him the truth,” says Bonnie.

“I’m just so scared, Mom. What if he hates me and never wants to see me again,” she whines.

“You should know by now, there are no guarantees in life,” says Bonnie. She sees a folder on the counter, “...hey, what’s that? I think I’ll just take a little peek... OMG, it looks like Mickey is buying Maggie a new restaurant. This is fantastic news. It means Mickey is finally ready to settle and ditch her. I just wish there was some way I could be sure. There is... I’ll call Mickey’s assistant and see if she has heard anything.” She picks up the phone but father Jansen is already on the line. “What? You’re calling to see if Mickey and I are on for renewing our wedding vows? We definitely are! See you tomorrow father.” Bonnie hangs up and has a yee-haa session with Mimi.

Mickey and Maggie bump into each other. Maggie tells Mickey, “I’ve made a decision about our future.” Mickey says, “I’ve made a decision, too.” Maggie says, “I’m leaving you.” I didn’t catch the rest of the conversation. The cheers from the audience drowned it out.

Belle just goes giddy over the news. Roman the coward decides to “let you two talk.” He’ll be in touch.

Belle says, “I can’t believe I’m going to have a baby brother or sister. Dad must be so excited.”

Marlena says, “Dad doesn’t know.” It’s a surprise. Belle’s smile melts.

Billie tells Patrick she was actually going to talk to Chelsea today about moving in with her. They’re foreclosing on Chelsea’s house tomorrow, “There’s just one problem. I don’t have a place to stay myself.”

“I have the perfect solution,” says Patrick, “You and Chelsea can stay with me.” How conveeeeeeennnnniiieennntt.

Max suggests he and Chelsea go spend some quality time together. Abby pulls her away. Abby tries to convince her not to go, but Chelsea tells her to relax. She and Max walk off into the sunset arm-in-arm.

Billie protests but it doesn’t take much for Patrick to convince her to move in, “Once again, Lockhart, you’re a lifesaver.” She hugs him as Max and Chelsea walk by.

Bonnie thinks Mickey is giving Maggie the restaurant as a consolation prize. Mimi is skeptical. Bonnie asks, “Didn’t I just get off the phone with Father Jansen calling to confirm the wedding vow renewal ceremony with Mr. and Mrs. Horton? I’ll bet he’s upstairs right now breaking the news to her.”

There’s breaking-news upstairs, but not what Mickey expected. Maggie says, “I don’t see how you could throw away everything we had for that Bonnie-creature.”

“I’m not throwing anything away,” he says as he whips out the roses, “I want to be with you... only you.” He takes a knee, “Maggie Simmons Horton, will you remarry me?” Maggie Simmons Horton, why don’t you shove those flowers down his throat?

Kate is trying to select flowers for the ceremony. John is distant. Kate says, “A few weeks ago, things were so different. We were engaged to be married. It’s probably a good think we were only engaged.”

“I've said this before,” says John, “What you did for me, what you mean to me... I’ll never forget the time we shared together. You are as beautiful inside as you are out.”

Of course, Roman is standing right there. He says, “I couldn’t agree more.”

Belle wants to know why Marlena hasn’t told John the happy news. Marlena says, “I’m not even sure how to tell you this. The baby isn’t his.” She drops the Roman bomb.

“OMG,” cries Belle, “How could you?”

Billie takes Chelsea off to talk. Patrick decides he and Max need to have a little chat, too.

Billie tries to tell Chelsea to hit the brakes with Max. Chelsea doesn’t want to hear it. “One other thing,” says Billie, “I told you before you could stay with me and I’ve arranged a place for us to stay. Our new landlord Patrick says there’s plenty of room for all of us.”

Patrick,” asks Chelsea. Count her in.

Max doesn’t want any trouble, “Why don’t we settle this on the court? If you win, I’ll back off. If I win, Chelsea’s fair game.”

Mickey tells Maggie he made this decision a long time ago, “But with Mimi’s situation, the time was never right to tell Bonnie. I should have told you a long time ago you are the only one for me. When I thought I had lost you, Bonnie helped me pick up the pieces and move on. But how I could have mistaken gratitude for love is something I’ll never know. Then when you showed up, I was in shock. I went from having no wives to having two wives. I didn’t want to hurt either one of you. That was wrong. I would have hurt Bonnie a lot less if I had told her my place was with you. So I hope you can forgive me and accept my proposal... and... I bought you a new restaurant to buy you off, I mean, take the place of Tuscany.”

“Blubber, blubber, sob, bawl.”

Alice butts in, “Don’t push Mickey, Maggie may need time to decide.”

Maggie caves in, “I wish I could pretend that I do. But I don’t. Oh, yes, Mickey.” Bonnie watches.

Marlena gives Belle the play-by-play from the night of lust in the castle to the reasons why she couldn’t tell John right away.

“Mom,” says Belle, “It’s not your fault.” That one took reasoning only Belle could understand.

Marlena hopes John and Kate are this understanding. And then, the inevitable, “I have to ask you not to talk about this until I blow your dad away with the news.”

John says he can explain. Roman says there is nothing to explain. Kate explains. Isn’t this cozy?

John says he will leave Kate and Roman alone and says to Kate, “I will talk to you later about our project.”

Roman apologizes to Kate for interrupting. Kate says he wasn’t. She walks over and locks the door. Roman says, “Well. Mrs. Brady, what are you doing?” Mrs. Brady demonstrates.

Chelsea tells Abby about the new living arrangements. Chelsea imagines a hot scene with Patrick. She’s ready to move in and will take a rain check with Max.

The duel for the favors of the fair damsel Chelsea is in full swing. Max knocks Patrick back, steals the ball and sinks the shot, “I won,” he announces.

“Yeah,” says Patrick, “Well, you fouled me. I guess that’s the only way you can win, huh?”

“Suck it up, Lockhart, I won fair and square. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date.”

“You’d better remember what I said,” says Patrick.

Billie, Abby and Chelsea come up and ask what’s going on. Just a friendly little game. Max says to Chelsea, “Let’s go.”

“Actually,” says Chelsea, I can’t, “I'm moving today and I have to pack.”

“Whatever,” he books.

Billie tells Chelsea she has to run an errand, giving Chelsea and Abby a golden opportunity to yak.

“Patrick asked me to move in with him,” says Chelsea.

“He also asked Billie. Isn’t she the enemy?”

“He only asked her because he had to. Now that Patrick and me are living under the same roof, it will only be a matter of time before we are sleeping in the same bed. That is, if Jan’s cage is still available.”

Bonnie heard everything, “I understand you two need some time, so I’ll be down at Alice’s.”

“She took that a little too well, don’t’ you think,” asks Maggie, “You don’t suppose she’s under the impression you chose her do you?”

As Bonnie puts her things together she says, “My Mickey is such a doll. He’s letting poor Maggie down easy.” She picks up Maggie’s picture, “Sorry, Red, I’ve got a wedding to plan.”

Belle gets a call. Daddy. “I’m renewing my vows with your mom tomorrow. I need to show her she is the only woman for me and nothing is ever going to change that.”

Roman and Kate frolic. He loves her. “Oh, Roman,” she says, “I love you, too, and nothing is ever going to change that.”

FF on the guilt-riddled Roman.


Previews
========

Abby says, “You’re going to freak Patrick out.” Chelsea drops her towel, “When he sees my body he’s going to flip out, not freak out.”

Shawn is in a familiar setting – behind bars. Mimi tells him about the abortion.

Chloe asks, “What did I do to deserve you?” Brady says, “Just don’t stop loving me, OK?”

Mimi asks, "What do you suppose is farther away from Salem, Hawaii or the moon?" Belle wonders if Mimi has lost her mind, "Well, duuu-uuhhh," she says, "can you see Hawaii?"

Phillip says, “There was a time when I was in combat I thought I was never going to see her again. Now I’m never going to let her go.”

Belle asks, “You don’t think I could be pregnant, do you?”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blubber, sob, bawl" - I thought Prevuze meant the audience's reaction of relief that they finally seem to be DOING something. HAHAHA

LOLs today: the shirtless district; Pard & the bullhorn announcement; all of the pics.

Two burning questions. (1) What about Max's great race driving career? I'm sure Earnhart Jr or Jeff Gordon would stop in the middle of the racing season to hang around jail bait. (2) How can Mickey renew his vows with Maggie "tomorrow" when he's now married to Bonnie? Has there been some quickie divorce I didn't hear about?

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs