Thursday, July 07, 2005

Jack-Attack

Jack and Jennifer get home. Frankie comes in as Jack and Jennifer kiss. Abby comes downstairs and tells them they have an audience. Jennifer says she’s sorry.

“I’m not,” says Jack.

“The best thing I ever did was marry your father,” says Jennifer.

They ask where Chelsea and Max are.

Chelsea enjoys the view. Max says, “You’ve been here before. Do you want to fool around or drive back?”

“We could talk,” says Chelsea.

“About what,” says Max.

“I don’t know.”

Max asks, “You are saving yourself for your dream guy, right? Is it somebody I know?”

They wheel Phillip in. He says, “I never thought I’d see this place again.” Belle and Phillip kiss as Shawn watches and seethes.

“Phillip is back where he belongs – with his wife,” says Kate.

John tells her, “Shawn underestimated my daughter’s character. Marlena is her mother and she will never break her wedding vows.” Never ever.

“Doc,” says Roman, “You are pregnant. Was it a surprise or were you trying?”

“Roman,” she says, “you misunderstood. I’m a few months along.”

Oops. “Doc,” he says, “are you telling me this isn’t John’s baby.”

“It’s yours,” she whispers.

Shawn asks Phillip if he needs anything. “Everything I have is right here,” he says, as he puts his arm around Belle. He’s happy to be home and will sleep on the couch until he can get upstairs.

“In no time,” Belle says, “you’ll be up walking.”

“And dancing,” he adds.

Belle wishes John happy anniversary. John tells Kate, “We’re off to the next chapter in our lives.”

Marlena says, “Roman, I should have told you as soon as I knew. I haven’t been home long enough for it to be John’s.”

“You know I will stand by whatever you want to do,” says Roman.

“I don’t know what I want to do,” she says.

The guys can’t believe it’s over. Mimi comes out and she and Rex hug.

“Mom’s going to want to throw you a party at Alice's,” says Patrick. Mimi isn’t ready for that. Patrick leaves. Rex has an amazing night planned.

“So,” says Max, “who are you saving it for, that Lockhart guy?”

“No way,” says Chelsea, “He’s practically elderly.”

“He’s a loser,” says Max.

“No he’s not,” insists Chelsea, “He’s been wonderful to Abby and her family. He's sweet and protective.”

“I’ve got protection,” says Max.

Chelsea asks, “Is that all you think about.”

“Like you don’t,” says Max, “We came up to have a good time and so far I’m bored. How about getting down to it?” What technique!

“You’re so romantic I can’t stand it,” says Chelsea, “If you think I’m going all the way with you, you have to be nice to me.”

Max asks, “Have you ever done it before?”

“No.”

“I’m available for practice anytime,” he says.

Jennifer thanks Jack for the wonderful day. They smooch as Frankie drinks coffee. Jack goes into the kitchen. Jennifer asks Frankie if something is wrong.

“No,” he says, “Just thinking about how lucky Jack is.”

In the kitchen we have a Jack-attack. Abby asks him what’s wrong.

Frankie says, ”Jack’s not the only one who’s lucky. You have a lovely family.”

Jennifer says, “Do you remember when we used to talk about what our life would be like?”

Frankie says, “It would have been different if you had come to New York with me.”

“Salem means everything to me,” says Jennifer, “I’m happy. My life with Jack couldn’t be better. There may be happiness down the line I haven’t dreamed of yet. But...”

“Is something wrong?”

In the kitchen, Jack says, “Abby your daddy did a stupid thing. I tried to move that refrigerator myself. I’m fine.”

She buys it, “You’re back now and never leaving us again.”

“Your mother did do OK without me,” says Jack. He goes off the deep end, “If anything ever happens to me, Patrick Lockhart is never to be in this home again. Do you hear me?”

Chelsea asks, “Dad, where did that come from?”

Patrick just happens to be strolling around the lake and finds Max and Abby in the parked car.

“What are you doing here,” asks Max.

Patrick drags Max out of the car and off to the weeds for a chat, “Do you know she is still in high school? What is wrong with you?” Chelsea watches and soaks it in.

For the one-millionth time, Belle says she will be there for Phillip, “Noting you say can change that.”

Phillip says, “I am doing great. I’m sitting in my home with my wife.”

Kate asks Shawn if it’s not about time he goes home.

Shawn says, “If Phillip hadn’t been hurt, Belle would be home with me right now.”

Kate says, “You have lost Belle forever, so why don’t you act like a man and accept that?”

“I don’t know what to do,” says Marlena, “How do I tell John?” John walks in with flowers.

“Are they for me,” asks Marlena.

“They’re not for Roman. What’s going on?”

“Same ole same ole,” says Roman, “I came to talk about Sami.”

“What’s she done now,” says John.

“Nothing worth getting into,” says Marlena, “The flowers are just lovely.”

He kisses her, “Happy anniversary. Didn’t think I forgot, did you?”

“No,” says Marlena, “I didn’t. How are Belle and Phillip?”

“Pretty good,” he says, “Kate’s still over there if you’re anxious to see your wife, Roman.” Hint, hint.

“Thanks for coming by,” says Marlena, “and thanks for listening.”

John spreads his arms, “Is there something going on here I need to know about?”

“Doc,” says Roman, “I think we need to tell him.”

Rex and Mimi are home. Rex has the table set for a romantic dinner. Mimi is stunned. Rex flips on the mood music.

Mimi asks, “How’d I get so lucky? You get me out of prison and bring me home to this.”

“Champagne,” asks Mr. Smoothie.

“Yes.”

Rex holds up his glass, “A toast to your freedom and to us spending all the Days Of Our Lives together.”

“I feel like I’m dreaming,” says Mimi.

Rex says, “We’re going to spend every night together the rest of our lives. I have to ask, what is this secret Jan was holding over your head.” Mimi stares.

Chelsea arranges her clothes as Max and Patrick talk. Chelsea thinks, “Patrick came looking for me. He must be jealous.”

Patrick lectures Max about what a kid Chelsea is. Max leaves. Patrick will take Chelsea home.

Patrick tells her, “You are making a huge mistake with Max.”

Jennifer tells Frankie she is seeing signs something is wrong.

Frankie says, “There is a quick fix – ask him.”

“I tried and he won’t tell me,” says Jennifer.

Frankie says, “We go back to your pre-Jack days. You look like you need someone to talk to.”

“I feel like Jack is in trouble,” says Jennifer, “If he would just tell me I could help him.”

Frankie says, “Honesty is the best way. I’ve learned that over the years.”

“Sounds like you’ve had some relationship problems yourself,” says Jennifer, “You want to talk about it.”

Marlena cops out, “Roman is upset because of what happened between Sami and Lucas.”

“In Germany,” says John, “I told Kate she should cut Sami a break.”

“Let me take care of my own family, OK,” says Roman. He leaves.

“It’s time we concentrated on our anniversary,” says John, “Now, we have just gone through the worst time of our lives. But we are still together.”

“John,” cries Marlena, “we...” Hug. Fret.

Mimi is silent. The phone rings. Saved by the Belle. Mimi tells Belle how Rex and Patrick got her out of jail.

Belle says, “Grab Rex and come right over. Phillip is home.”

Mimi tells Rex, “Phillip wants to see us.”

Rex says, “We’ll finish this conversation later. No more secrets.” Mimi agrees.

Rex and Mimi arrive.

Phillip thanks Rex again for coming to rescue him.

Kate asks Mimi about her time in jail. They give Kate the Readers’ Digest version of the Jan and Mimi thing.

Belle and Mimi talk. “You look miserable,” says Mimi, “Did you make the right decision?”

Shawn comes up and says to Mimi, “Maybe you can get her to admit this isn’t what’s best for anyone.”

Kate tells Roman it’s good to be back. Gee, Roman is distant. He asks about Phillip. “With Belle by his side he’ll do really well,” says Kate.

Roman tells Kate he was at Marlena’s when John came home.

“Roman, what is going on,” she asks.

Marlena says she is worried about Belle and Phillip.

John says, “Be proud of our little girl. She’s your daughter all the way. She had a choice to make and she made the right choice. She is fulfilling her wedding vows.”

Marlena says, “Shawn was the great love of her life. I’m not sure she can get over this. What matters is what’s in her heart. And I don’t think she will ever get over Shawn. Sometimes people try to put a love in the past and they find out that love is still there. I’ve had patients with that problem.”

“Belle chose Phillip for a reason,” says John, “She’s very fortunate to have you as a role model. That makes me the luckiest man in the world.”

Roman stammers. “Basically, Doc just needed to talk to me about Sami.”

Kate pries, “About what.”

Roman changes the subject, “Let’s not ruin Phillip’s homecoming or yours. We’ll talk about Sami later.”

“Shawn still loves you,” says Mimi.

“So does Phillip,” says Belle, “Do I want to be with a man who would jump his motorcycle through a church window?”

Mimi says, “Some women would like the fact that he risked his life.”

“Phillip risked his life for his country,” says Belle.

“You still have feelings for Shawn,” says Mimi, “What are you going to do about that? What is he going to do without you?”

Patrick says, “You weren’t just kissing Max, Chelsea. This just shows how young you are.”

“I’m 18 now, thank God,” says Miss Maturity.

Patrick says, “That doesn't give you license to do anything you want.”

Max comes back to Jack and Jen’s house. Abby asks him where Chelsea is. Max stares.

Jack interrupts, “Work only takes the place of a relationship when you can’t get the one you want.”

“I’m not that deep,” says Frankie.

Jack says, “You’d probably change your tune if Jennifer was available.”

Jennifer drops her jaw. “Jack,” she says, “why would you say that? I am never going to be available again. You are stuck with me for the rest of your life.”

Chelsea tells Patrick he is overreacting. She pours it on, “Max just seemed so nice and I don’t have a boyfriend. I just get soooooo lonely.”

Patrick says, “I just hate to see a guy like that take advantage of you.”

“Oh, Patrick, I’m so glad I have you,” she hugs him.

Max tells Abby, “Patrick Lockhart rescued her from me. Now she is with him, so she goes to the lake with me and comes home with Patrick. Your girlfriend gets around.”

Jack heads back for the kitchen.

Jennifer asks Frankie, “Do you have a clue about what is up?”

“Do you want me to do some snooping around,” he asks.

“Would you,” says Jennifer, “I’m so glad you came back to Salem. Welcome home.”

Alone in the kitchen, Jack says, “This is one secret you won’t find out about. You’re not spending the next couple of months knowing I’m dying. I want the time we have left to be happy.” He pops a pill.

John pours the champagne. He tells Marlena, “You’re still in a different time zone.” He should be, too, after that quick flight from Europe.

John toasts her. “I’m not sure what to toast,” She says.

John helps her, “How about, here’s to spending the rest of your life with the one man you love more than any other.” Clink.

Marlena is still in that other time zone, “All right that’s wrong,” asks John.

Marlena says, “I want to be alone with you. Completely alone.” They hug.

Roman tells Patrick he’s proud of him for figuring out what was on the video. Rex is so happy to see his mom and dad back together. Kate is happy to see Belle with Phillip. “And you,” she says to Roman, “Don’t ever try to get away from me again.”

Belle asks Shawn to leave.

“Why,” he asks, “is it hard for you to pretend. It’s not over. You still love me.”

Shawn leaves. Mimi asks Belle, “Are you sure it’s over with Shawn?”

Belle chases Shawn. She catches him at the door, hesitates and says “Goodbye.” He leaves.

Belle goes to Phillip.

Zone in on Roman thinking, “I hate this. He looses the woman he loves and I have to arrest him.”

Shawn roams the streets of Salem. Shawn stares. FF on the Rebel Without A Clue.


Previews
========

Hope asks Bo, “Why do you keep saying it would be a mistake for Shawn to want to be with the woman he loves? Why?”

“Why are you calling me,” asks Kate on the phone, “Are you threatening me?”

Lucas asks Sami, “Who? Who would help her with something like that, huh?” Sami says, “The one person who has had it out for me forever.”

Phillip says, “Thank you, Belle, for not giving up on us.” He kisses her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another episode, ripe with zapping opportunities tomorrow.

Can't wait for Snarly, Jr to get arrested. Pard will make his wife's day when he puts Jr. behind bars.

Bulldog's mention of Nicole & the mansion reminds me - what was with Brady yelling at Nicole to pack up and move out of the mansion? Last time I looked, Vic's will left everything to Nicole. Brady was only staying there because she asked him to.

Yeah, I know. We DAZED fans have a lot of nerve actually remembering plot points. HAHAHA

7:15 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< I don't know if i was reading the thing right did you put chlease name with abby when she said daddy, where did you come from .. and then when patick walk but and saw them it said something about abby and max.. >>

Probably so. Prevuze is usually done on the fly, not watching the tape. This means I have to think and type at about 90mph at the same time. This sometimes leads to errors. Thanks for the correction.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs