Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Big Misunderstanding Brews

Chloe thinks her face looks worse than ever. She can’t let Brady see her. Nicole tells her when Brady comes home he will come looking for her.

Chloe says, “I know what I should do. I should have thought of it before.”

Brady flashes back to Tony telling him about Chloe, and the phone call, “I know that Chloe is alive and Nicole knows here she is. Why would Nicole lie to me?” Well, Duuuuhhh!

Sami worries about the truth coming out. Lucas asks what’s going on, “I know you,” he says, “There’s something you’re not telling me, what is it?”

Kate and Roman talk about Phillip. Roman tries to be reassuring. He has brought her outside to break up her and Belle. Kate thinks Belle was pretending to be concerned about Phillip, “She has been emotionally unfaithful to him. She knew Phillip’s situation but still would not deny her love for Shawn. Roman, I think that’s wrong.”

Roman flashes back to convincing Marlena they shouldn’t tell Kate and John about their little encounter. Roman says, “Kate, I need to tell you something.”

Marlena has made some herbal tea to calm Belle’s nerves. I wonder what herbs they put in that tea. Mimi comes in. Belle wails, “There was a big explosion and the phone went dead. Phillip and Shawn might seriously injured or dead.”

Shawn comes into the plane. He tells them about Phillip and the minefield, “It doesn’t look good.”

The commander comes in. Everyone asks about Phillip.

The commander tells them Phillip is not dead. He was airlifted out for treatment. The commander can’t say what his condition is. He can only release that to his next of kin – his wife. They are still trying to reach her.

He hands Shawn a letter from Phillip. “Shawn, I don’t know how to thank you for what you did. I know you did it for Belle’s sake, but you put your life on the line. Brady, Rex and Lucas, too. I need you to be there for Belle when she gets the news about me. Tell her I’m going to make it. I’ll do whatever it takes to get back to her. Tell her I love her and can’t wait to be with her. Nothing will ever come between us again.”

Mimi tries to encourage Belle. Marlena tells them the Basic Black jet has just taken off. ALL the former hostages are on board. Belle is ecstatic.

Pan in on Belle’s answering machine. The USMC needs to talk to her right away.

Joy abounds. The phone rings. Marlena answers. It’s Chloe. She tells Marlena she’s not doing well, “I need your advice. It’s kind of an emergency. I’d rather do it in person than over the phone.”

“I’ll be right there,” says Marlena. She tells Belle she has to go see a patient. Mimi will stay with Belle. Marlena hugs Belle and tells her everything will be fine.

Nicole tells Chloe calling Marlena wasn’t very smart, “Brady knows you’re alive and will hate me for keeping the truth from him. You’ve pretty much made up your mind? You’re going to tell Brady you’re alive? That’s very brave of you. You don’t have to worry. Even though you’ll never look like the Chloe he fell in love with, he’ll stand by you.”

Chloe says, “I haven’t made up my mind. All I know is Brady will be upset and blame the nurse who gave me an infection. He’ll track her down and make her pay.”

Nicole flashes back to doing the deed. She thinks, “She’s right. Brady will kill me if he finds out.”

Brady sits and thinks on the plane, “I have to get home and find out the truth about Chloe, and what Nicole had to do with it.”

Sami flashes back to Stan telling Nicole to act as a nurse and sabotage the surgery. Lucas asks, “What’s the matter, Sami? I think I know what you’re afraid of.”

Rex tries to convince Shawn Belle belongs with Phillip.

Roman balks, “I wanted to remind you when this was an elegant restaurant called Tuscany we exchanged our vows here.”

Kate says, “It’s also where you were offed by the SSK. I didn’t think I’d ever recover.”

Roman says, “But you did recover. You and John got engaged. Earlier today I waked in on John on the phone with you and I heard him saying how much he cares for you. Do you still have feelings for him?”

Kate says to Roman, “I’ll be honest with you, if you’ll be honest with me about your feelings for Marlena.”

Roman says, “I’m not going to lie to you. Marlena was one of the two greatest loves of my life. We would probably still be together If Stefano hadn’t had other plans.”

Kate says, “A lot of old feelings must have come back at the castle.”

Roman flashes back to the old feelings coming back. “Yeah,” he says, “very powerful feelings. We supported each other just like you and John supported each other.”

“But,” says Kate, “John and I thought you and Marlena were dead.”

Roman asks, “What do you want to know?”

“I would just like to know ho much you came to ‘depend’ on each other. Just how close did you get?”

Roman’s phone rings. “Saved by the bell,” says Kate. It was Roman’s ISA contact. The hostages are on the way back.

“Phillip too,” asks Kate.

“I believe that means everyone,” says Roman. The big misunderstanding brews.

Belle is so happy. She’s hoping Phillip isn’t injured. She rationalizes, “But he wouldn’t be, or he wouldn’t be coming home.”

Mimi says, “Yeah, but when Phillip gets back, YIKES. I am thrilled Rex is coming home and then he’ll find out I’m going to jail and we’ll never have a future together.”

Mimi gets a phone call, “OMG!”

Sami says, “I’m not afraid to go home, Lucas.”

“You know you’ll have a lot of explaining to do,” says Lucas.

“You know I don’t know how I wound up here, just like I don’t know how I wound up in bed with Brandon the night before our wedding,” she says.

“I will get to the bottom of that,” says Lucas, “I’ll find out what my mom knew.”

Rex tells Shawn Phillip is set on spending the rest of his life with Belle. Shawn doesn’t like that, but right now he just wants to focus on Phillip being OK.

Rex says, “The guy asked you to look after his wife. How can you think of spending the rest of your life with her?”

Mimi says the phone call was from Mickey. He wanted to tell her the sentencing date has been moved up. It’s one of Mickey’s trademarks. He can get his clients sentenced to jail quicker than any other lawyer. “Jail is where I belong. The day of the sentencing is now the day Rex and I had planned for our wedding.”

Roman calls Belle. Everybody’s on the way home. Roman wants a welcome home party at Alice's. Mimi and Belle will spread the word and be there to help.

Roman tells Kate they will have one hell of a celebration. Kate wants to know what Sami was doing over there. Roman reminds Kate he asked her to look after Sami, and he is grateful she did. He’s just sorry Sami found a way to get back into trouble, despite that.

“I want to believe you, Sami, but you don’t have the best track record when it comes to weddings,” says Lucas.

“I admit that was a big mistake,” says Sami, “Kate must have drugged us.”

Lucas says, “It doesn't matter. I’m going to find out the truth.”

“Just don’t find out too much truth,” thinks Sami.

Rex asks Lucas to be his best man at the wedding.

“Congratulations, Rex,” says Sami, “I Hope you can trust your bride to be.” She flashes back to Stan’s conversation with Mimi, “Your happy life with Rex is doomed.”

Rex tells Sami there aren’t any secrets between him and Mimi.

Brady says, “I have to find Chloe and when I do, Nicole, you are gone.”

Marlena tells Chloe Brady needs to know she is alive. Nicole wants to speak to Marlena outside. Chloe stares into the mirror as they leave.

“Why are you still here,” asks Marlena.

Nicole says, “I want to make sure Chloe makes the right decision.”

Marlena asks, “Does that include keeping something from the one she loves?”

Nicole reminds Marlena she may be keeping something from the one she loves. She says, “You got down and dirty with your ex at the castle, and I’ll bet you haven’t even bothered to tell John, have you?”

Roman tells Kate he knows she wasn’t responsible for the disaster prior to Sami’s wedding. He will have questions for Sami when she gets back.

Lucas wants to know how Tony got to Sami.

Sami flashes back to her converstation with Tony. He threatens her. He knows Stan’s true identity. Tony runs through everything she has done as Stan. There will be a day of reckoning.

Sami says she doesn’t want to talk about it, “Tony won’t get caught. He’s probably long gone by now. He may be dead. He’s a war criminal. We should forget about him.”

“The authorities won’t forget about him,” says Lucas.

Rex talks about his wedding. Lucas and Phillip should both be best men and Belle should walk down the aisle with Phillip. Shawn storms out.

Mimi asks Belle to make sure Rex moves on and forgets her, “He has to, I’ll be in prison.”

“You didn’t try to kill Jan,” insists Belle.

“If he believes I’m a killer it will be easier for him,” says Mimi.

“He'll never get over you,” says Belle.

“Do you think Phillip can get over you,” asks Mimi. Low blow.

Kate can’t wait to see the boys. Belle and Mimi come up. They are there to help get ready for the party.

Kate tells Belle she can help by caring about reuniting with Phillip.

Pan in on Belle’s answering machine. The USMC really, really needs to talk to her.

Belle tells Kate she hopes they can be civil when Phillip arrives. She and Mimi go inside to help set up.

“Belle doesn’t want to spoil this night,” says Kate, “but when Phillip gets home she’ll break his heart.”

Sami tells Lucas she has so much to celebrate when she gets home including, she hopes, a future with Will’s father.

“Well see about that,” says Lucas.

The 10-minute flight from Europe is just about over. The pilot announces the plane is approaching Salem Airport.

Marlena tells Chloe about the homecoming, “It would be a good time to tell Brady you’re alive.”

“I thought we agreed to keep that a secret,” says Nicole

Marlena says, “That was before Brady heard Chloe’s voice on the phone. Brady is going to ask you about that when he sees you, Nicole. It’s over.”

“You’re right. There is nothing I can do,” says Nicole, “Good luck, Chloe.” She leaves.

Marlena asks, “Are you ready? Brady is coming home tonight. To you.”

Chloe nods, “You’re right Marlena. I’m getting dressed. If Brady is so determined to see me, I want to see him ASAP.”

Nicole wonders how she can tell Brady the truth. Brady runs up to her, “Nicole, I need the truth. Where is Chloe?”

Pan in on a banner hanging at Alice’s, “WELCOME HOME HEROES!” Yeah, shouldn’t that say, “WELCOME HOME IDIOTS!” They went over there to rescue Phillip, came home without him and he may be dead. I’d say Operation Wild Goose was a resounding failure.

Sami runs up and has a big reunion with Roman.

Kate is so happy to see Lucas, “Where is Phillip?”

“My God,” says Lucas, “you haven’t heard the news? Mom, it’s about Phillip.”

Mimi and Rex. Rex says, “I’m back and I love you and I can’t wait to marry you.” Poor schmuck.

Belle waits for Phillip. Shawn hands her a rose. “OMG, I’m glad you’re OK. Where is Phillip?”

Shawn says, “You didn’t get the news yet? Phillip was seriously injured. We don’t know how bad. But he wrote me a letter. He wanted me to tell you he would do whatever it took to come home to you, and he would never let anything come between you again.”

Two soldiers in a car talk, “What was the wife’s name again, Chaplain?

“Isabella.”

“It’s going to be a long night for her,” says the soldier.

Shawn tells Belle he doesn’t know if Phillip will make it.

Belle wails, “Phillip can’t die. I can’t lose him!”

FF on the fountain of tears.



Previews
========

Bo asks, “If DiMera survived that explosion at the castle, why not Ma and Victor?” Hope says, “So maybe they are still alive, Bo.”

Marlena says to Chloe, “As soon as you’re ready, you should see him. You’ll make him the happiest man on earth.”

Shawn asks Belle, “What’s wrong?” She closes her cell phone and says, “It’s worse than I thought.”

Sami says to Lucas, “Tell me what I have to do to get you back.” Lucas says, “You have to be honest with me... about everything.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 minute flight to Salem. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Phil can't be in that bad a shape if he wrote a nice long note to Shawn. And wouldn't he have written something to his great love rather than the schmuck who wants to take her away from him?? Just asking.

And when did Rimi set an actual wedding date? That's news to me.

Great Prevuze!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

philip is such a nimrod. He could have gone home if he hadn't decided to d othe stupid thing and insist on being on duty. he deserves whatever he gets.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big part there

Roman asks, “What do you want to know?”

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs