Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Backfire

Celeste sees Tek and Lexie kiss in a vision. “No, this can’t be. Alexandra!”

Lexie comes in, “Mom, did you call me?”

Celeste tells her, “Don’t let anything or anyone come between you and Abe.” Lexie runs upstairs.

Abby comes into Chelsea’s room, “I have some good news.”

Chelsea says, “Tell me it was all a dream. Tell me my parents didn’t die.”

“I’m so sorry,” says Abby, “but it’s all true.”

“Well then,” asks Chelsea, “what’s the good news?”

“The doctor said you’re well enough to go home,” says Abby, “You know, we’re both so lucky to have survived that crash and be getting out of here.”

“I don’t feel lucky, just alone,” says Chelsea.

“You’re not alone, you have me,” says Abby.

Billie appears at the door, “You have me too.”

Nancy asks if Nicole knew all along Chloe was alive, “Why am I not surprised and why do I get the feeling you’re up to your usual no good?”

Nicole tells her, “I just came to visit Clara. You know, the girl Brady and I are sponsoring. And what the hell do you mean Chloe is alive?

Marlena tells Chloe she has news about Brady that may change her mind, “This is going to come as a bit of a shock.”

Kate rummages through a drawer at Lucas apartment. Will comes out and asks what she is doing. He’s there to pick up some stuff. Kate has bad news for Will.

The goons cock their rifles and head for the boys’ cell as Sami watches.

Lucas wants to rest up for the big escape.

Brady says, “With any luck we won’t need to escape.”

Sami gets upset with Tony because she heard the guards. She struggles as Bart restrains her. Tony gives his best Cheshire Cat smile.

Will says, “If Mom hadn’t cheated on Dad, we would be a happy family now.”

Kate says, “I know your mother is a walking disaster, but she isn’t responsible for what I am about to tell you. Your father and Uncle Rex and Brady and Shawn decided to do something very courageous, selfless and really dumb. They went to rescue Phillip. We’re just going to have to pray they will come home safely.”

Will asks, “You’re afraid Dad’s going to die over there aren’t you?”

Lucas says, “We gotta get home. Will needs me.” He falls asleep and dreams of getting home and the big reunion with Will.

In his dream, Sami walks in and says, “God sent you home so we can have a second chance.” She begs to be a family again.

Lucas wakes and stares, “Sami.”

Sami struggles. She will stop Tony. Tony tells her with Lucas out of the way she will have custody of Will. Nobody will believe Sami wasn’t involved in taking a US Marine hostage. Sami struggles.

Nancy tells Nicole Chloe didn’t die in the car accident, but doesn't want anyone to know she’s alive until after the surgery. She tells Nicole about the surgical snafu as Nicole remembers masterminding it. Nancy asks, “Nicole, would you like to see Chloe?”

Chloe asks if something happened to Brady.

Marlena says, “Chloe, Brady believed you were dead. Losing you broke his heart, but he accepted it and a moved on with Nicole. They’re getting married. You’re the only one who can stop him.” The mummy stares.

Billie has a teddy bear for Chelsea. Chelsea wants to know why she is doing all this. Billie tells her she promised Chelsea’s mom, “Nothing can bring your parents back but I want to help.”

“My life is over,” says Chelsea.

Billie says, “The last thing your parents would want is for you to give up.”

Abby tells her, “You have me and you can come home with us.”

Chelsea doesn’t want to be a charity case, “Your father just got home. It should be a happy time for you. I’d just be a huge downer. Thanks for the offer, Abs, but I just want to go to my own house.”

A nurse comes in with paperwork for Chelsea. Abby asks Billie, “How are we going to tell her the house won’t be hers for very long?”

Lexie tells Celeste Abe keeps pushing her farther and farther away, “Mom, I’m so sacred. What if he leaves me? Lexie runs out for fresh air and gets more than she bargained for – she bumps into Tek. They embrace as Celeste watches. Celeste sees the picture of Abe and Lexie go up in flames. Such symbolism.

Celeste goes back to the window and sees Lexie and Tek frozen in an embrace. She vows to find out Tek’s secrets before Lexie makes a big mistake. She gets on the computer and uses Jack and Jennifer’s techniques to search.

Lexie cries and pours her heart out about Abe. Tek advises her to give Abe some space. Lexie can’t do that while he’s in this condition.

Tek says, “Lexie, I still care for you. Just because Abe came back doesn’t change anything. If Abe isn’t going to be a loving devoted husband... you deserve so much better.”

Nancy drags Nicole to Chloe’s room. They walk in. “Nicole,” asks Marlena.

Brady sleeps. He dreams of coming home. He runs into John’s apartment and yells for John. He wants to thank him for putting up the ransom. Nicole is there. He keeps his promise and takes a knee. He wants to spend the rest of his life with her, “Marry me, CHLOE.”

Chloe smiles, “I love you Brady.” They kiss. Brady wakes up, “Chloe?”

Lucas calls Sami’s name as he continues to dream. Sami will leave if the answer is no. “The answer is yes,” says Lucas, “I forgive you. I never stopped loving you and I never will.”

Lucas wakes up and calls Sami’s name again.

Tony says, “You will never get Will back unless Lucas is out of the picture. He’s already poisoned him against you.”

Sami squirms, “That’s not true. Will loves me.”

“Let’s see, shall we,” says Tony. He dials a cell phone and hands it to Sami.

Will answers. Sami tells him it’s her. Will asks, “What do you want, Mom?”

“Just to tell you I’m coming back home.”

Will says, “You had your chance, Mom. It’s too late. I don’t want anything to do with you – ever.

Sami says, “Will, I’ll always be your mother. I’ll always love you.”

Kate grabs the phone, “You really don’t get it, do you? Neither Will nor his father want anything to do with you.”

“Kate,” screams Sami, “you deserve anything you’re going to get and more.”

They’re back at Chelsea’s house. Billie tells Chelsea about her parent’s financial condition. They were so broke they could only window-shop at the dollar store. They hired Mickey to file bankruptcy for them. Chelsea really isn’t worried about the money or where she’ll live, it’s losing her parents that is so bad. “At least I have my clothes. They’re paid for and they can’t take those away from me. I’ll be the best dressed homeless person in town.”

You won’t be homeless, Chelsea," says Billie, I want you to stay with me.

Celeste finds something on the Internet, “Well, well, well, what do we have here? Court is in session. Judge Celeste presiding.”

Lexie tells Tek to back off, “Tek, that’s enough. Abe is my husband. You can’t talk like that.”

Tek says, “Lexie, being blind doesn’t give him the right to ignore your feelings.”

“It’s not just the blindness.”

Tek asks, “What is it?”

“He can’t love me the way he used to.”

“Are you saying he’s impotent?”

Lexie stares.

“What is going on,” asks Chloe. Nancy says she slipped and let Nicole know Chloe was alive. Perhaps the two of them should talk.

The shocked Marlena asks if Nancy thinks this is a good idea. “Oh yes,” says Nancy. Marlena asks if Chloe is OK with this.

“Sure,” says Chloe.

Outside, Marlena tells Nancy Chloe is in a fragile emotional state. Nancy thinks this will force Chloe to tell Brady she is alive.

Nicole tells Chloe she can’t believe she is alive.

Chloe says, “Well, I guess now that you know, I should tell Brady the truth myself.”

Brady dreams of Chloe. He wakes with a start. He tells Lucas about the dream.

Dr. Lucas analyzes it. Brady’s sub-conscious is telling him to dump Nicole.

Brady says he heard Lucas talking in his sleep.

“In my dream I forgave her,” says Lucas, “I know Sami can be a handful but deep down she’s the most caring woman I ever met. What if I never see her again?”

Sami seethes, “So help me, Kate, you will be sorry.”

Kate says, “You did this to yourself Sami. Now that you've abandoned your son I will work with my lawyers to get Lucas sole custody and get a restraining order against you. Then I’ll help Lucas find the perfect wife and mother for Will.”

“I will see you burn in hell before I lose my son,” says Sami.

Nancy and Marlena watch through the window as Nicole and Chloe talk. Nancy will make sure Brady finds out Chloe is live.

Nicole says, “You should tell Brady. I’ll stand aside. You are the great love of his life.”

“I won't be any more,” says Chloe.

Nicole says, “He would stick by you anyway. And don’t think because you’re disfigured and grotesque he wouldn’t be proud to be with you anywhere. He’ll take you to corporate functions and you can fill your role as the charming wife of a Titan executive. He’ll be proud to have his picture next to yours in the society columns. Once he knows you’re alive, nothing will keep him away. He would give up everything to be with you. You do know that don’t you?”

“Why are you doing this,” asks Chelsea.

“Because,” says Billie, “I know first hand what it's like to be a kid and on your own. It’s a scary feeling. Nobody should feel that way. You don’t have to be alone or scared. Let me be there for you.”

“I still don’t’ get it,” says Chelsea, “What’s in this for you?”

Tek says, “Abe is angry and frustrated and taking it out on you. You need someone who cares for you.”

“Stop it,” says Lexie, “Abe’s a good man.”

Tek asks, “What kind of life is this for Theo? Two parents who are miserable. How long are you going to let this go on? You need to leave Abe and be with someone willing to give you the happiness you deserve.”

Lexie asks, “You expect me to divorce Abe just because we’re going through a rough time?”

“I don’t want to see you pay any more. Lexie,” says Tek, “I care too much. Think about it. You get hurt, Theo gets hurt too.” Tek leaves. Lexie goes back inside.

Celeste rushes away form the computer. She says she found cases on the Internet, “More than once Tek has been named as co-respondent to divorce proceedings. He has affairs with married women and walks away after the divorce.”

Lexie mumbles.

Celeste advises, “Darling, you’re vulnerable right now. Don’t be his next victim.”

Billie tells Chelsea, “I had a daughter who would be just about your age. They told me she died at birth but lately I’m not so sure. And if she is alive she could be out there alone and scared with no family to turn to, and I hope there is someone who will reach out and take care of her. Maybe I’m just trying to throw good karma out there and hope it makes its way back to my little girl. So what do you say you wanna give this a shot?”

Chelsea answers, “Ok but just until I decide what I’m gonna do.”

Billie says, “Deal.”

Nancy and Marlena come into Chloe's room. Chloe says they have come to an agreement, “Under no circumstances will Nicole tell Brady I’m alive.”

“We’re all sworn to secrecy,” says Nicole. Nancy stares. Can you say, “Backfire?

Sami says, “You wait and see, Kate. You will never see Lucas, Rex or Phillip again. Never.”

Kate hangs up, “She’s bluffing.”

Sami tells Tony, “Do what you want to them.”

“Even Lucas,” he asks.

“Even Lucas,” she says, “He poisoned my son against me.”

“Sami,” he says, “this is something you won’t regret.” Sami works her jaw.

Brady tells Lucas they are a valuable commodity alive, “I can’t think of anyone who would want us dead.”

Tony walks in with the goon squad and says, “Think again, Brady.”

FF on Brady and Lucas.


Previews
========

John tells Roman, “I knew you’d be a little upset about how close the two of us got.” Roman says, “I’d say you got a little more than close.” John tells him, “And I knew it would only be a matter of time before you and I would have a problem with that.”

Nicole asks Marlena, “When you were locked up all those months with your ex, did you stay true to John or did you rekindle your romance with Roman?”

Tony tells Sami, “Not only do I guarantee your mother and father to be alive, but they will be together forever.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering who Tony looked like - the Cheshire Cat. Right on!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

<< Memorial Service VIII >> LOL!!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs