Monday, March 22, 2010

He Dumped Me For Your Wife

Melanie comes downstairs and into Maggie's kitchen. She finds Phillip there sitting at the table, and a strange woman behind him, "Who's that?"

Stephanie finds Nathan at the hospital. They can only talk about one thing... the letter. Melanie tells him he'd better drop it and not talk to Melanie or he'll get hurt.

Hope plays policewoman at the cop-shop. Justin brings her a cup o' joe. Hope thanks him and asks him what it's for. Methinks Justin wants a Cup o' Hope.

Governor Jim is in a bit of a fix. He's handcuffed to the bed as Anna photographs the momentous occasion. Jim scowls, "What the hell is going on here?"

Rafe comes in to see Nicole in the prison visiting area, "This better be good."

"It's about Sydney," says Nicole, "There is something you need to know."

Anna gushes, "Jimmy, you don't remember? We had the most fun two people can have last night. She shows him the pix. As she rolls through the little slide show Jim, gasps, "Oh, oh dear, dear Lord... OHHHHHH!"

Anna smiles, "You got really creative after midnight. I'll be your wife would like to see." Jim demands the camera. Anna makes threats. Jim blows up and demands she unlock the cuffs. "I can't do that until you do me that little favor," chirps Anna.

Nicole asks how Sydney is. Rafe goes into a rage and tells her says is no longer in her life.

Phillip introduces Sophie, the nurse who is there to take care of Melanie and Maggie when he can't. Melanie thinks they shouldn't make a fuss because Maggie wouldn't want that, "Sophie, it was a pleasure and I'm sure you're the best nurse anywhere." She shoves her out the door.

Phillip asks, "What are you doing?"

Melanie asks, "Was I too pushy?"

Maggie comes in and we share an uncomfortable moment, "What's going on?"

Phillip just says he made a bad mistake. His mistake was marrying the little twerp, but we won't dwell on that. He instructs Melanie to leave her phone on and leaves.

Maggie goes right into busybody mode, "No second thoughts?"

"About what," asks Melanie.

"About Nathan?"

Nathan isn't about to drop the conversation about the letter. He and Stephanie go round and round about it. Stephanie agrees she was being selfish and didn't want to get hurt, which is why she didn't show it to him.

Magnanimous Hope tells Justin she's glad the judge dismissed charges against Carly, "I wouldn't want to see her punished for something she didn't do."

Justin asks, "Does that mean you're ready to move on." Subtle, Justin. Really Smooth.

Jim accuses Anna of blackmail. He says it won't work. Anna holds her ground.

Nicole says she has information about the woman who wore the boots. Rafe gets sarcastic. "What, Maybe she wore the boots backwards? I am sick of being jerked around by you. Whatever your plan is, I'm not in."

Melanie insists she loves Phillip. Maggie insists she didn't answer the question. She presses pries and prods, "Do you still have feelings for Nathan?"

Stephanie whines, "You told me you cared for me."

"We had a great time," says Nathan, "This doesn't have anything to do with Melanie."

"You're obsessed," says Stephanie, "Every word out of your mouth is about Melanie and that stupid letter."

Rafe starts to go. Nicole begs him to stay and listen. He rants about what Nicole did to Sami. Nicole flashes back to Anna telling her she didn't get the pardon, "It's about time the woman who stole Sydney got what she deserves."

Melanie says, "I'm new at the commitment and marriage thing and sometimes I think about Nathan. I can tell Nathan still cares a little bit and that brings back... feelings."

Maggie tells her she has to straighten this out if she wants her marriage to work, "It's either Phillip or Nathan. It can't be both."

The ghost of busybodies past appears, "It's either Neil Curtis or Mickey. It can't be both."

Melanie says she realizes that. Maggie suggests she go talk to Nathan.

Nathan says maybe he would have tossed the letter, but there is no way of knowing now. Stephanie says she's sorry and begs his forgiveness.

"We need to take a break," says Nathan, "I'm sorry. He walks off." The fountain of Stephanie erupts.

"You have been the best friend," says Hope.

Justin looks that up in the "Key Words" section of the Guy Manual: "You have been the best friend — there is an old saying that dogs are man's, or woman's, best friend. What she is telling you is you stand about as much chance as Fido."

Hope dumps, "I'm really grateful... BUT nothing will ever happen between you and me." Justin says she has made that very clear. Hope hugs and leaves. Justin stares.

Jim yanks at his handcuffs, but Anna has done a superior job of chaining him up. He refuses to pardon Nicole, "You might as well give it up."

Anna piles on, "Do you remember that little fling we had several years ago? Did I forget to tell you I have photos of that? All of it is going to hit the media."

Jim sweats, "You can't do that. My career... My wife... Oh, God, when I remarried, why did it have to be to Lorena Bobbitt? "

"That's why this is such an important decision," says Anna, "So do you pardon Nicole or watch yourself make it on the Internet? Do me a simple favor, or watch your career go up in flames."

There's not much happening back at the prison. Rafe continues to taunt and mock mainly as a time-wasting measure. Finally Nicole says, "OK, I'm going to tell you who the kidnapper is."

Melanie sits alone in the kitchen and wonders if she should call Nathan. Speak of the devil...

Phillip is at the pier playing tycoon on his phone. He bumps into Stephanie. Phillip tells her Melanie and he are living with Maggie. "As long as you're happy," drones Stephanie.

Phillip senses something is wrong, "You're not. What's wrong?"

"Nathan," says Stephanie, "He dumped me for your wife."

Maggie meets Hope at the pub. She tells her about Phillip and Melanie moving in. Hope thinks that makes a lot of sense given all the drama Melanie has been through, "I Hope everything works out for Phillip and Melanie."

"Why wouldn't it," asks Maggie.

"Why can't love just be simple," asks Hope.

"For one thing," says Maggie, "because the world is full of buttinskis like you and me."

Justin is at the Kiriakis mansion to deliver papers. Henderson tells him he has a visitor. Justin wonders who that could be. He walks into the den to find...

ADRIENNE!

Rafe continues to rant, "How could you possibly know who the kidnapper is. Game over." Nicole breaks in and says this has to do with the voice and the shoes, "I've remembered who it was. It came to me one day."

"Who was she," asks Rafe.

Nicole says, "Rafe this is going to blow your mind." That'll be a small explosion. Nicole continues, "The woman who took Sydney is..." Time passes... A glacier whizzes by...

"The woman is..."

McTavish interrupts, "Nicole... phone. The warden wants to talk to you." Man these writers are clever.

Phillip asks, "Are you saying that cocky little bastard has been daydreaming about my wife?" Stephanie tells him about the letter, and the fact that Nathan hasn't been very forgiving.

Stephanie claims she doesn't know what was in the note, "I'd keep an eye on Nathan. I think he still has a thing for Melanie."

Melanie and Nathan share small talk. She gives him his book and assumes that's what he's there for. He says yes and assumes Melanie is there to see Maggie. She tells him Phillip and her moved in. Nathan finally gets to the point, "There is something I want to ask you... the letter I never got, what did it say?"

Justin wonders why Adrienne is there. "Hope called," says Adrienne, "and said you were in trouble. So what's wrong?"

"Hope called and said I was in trouble and you dropped everything and flew halfway around the world to see me instead of making a simple phone call?"

"What's so strange about that," asks Adrienne , "Isn't that what any normal person would do if they have thousands to blow on a last minute plane flight?"


"Well," says Justin, "Nothing's wrong."

"Then why would Hope say something is wrong," asks Adrienne.

"She wants you and me back together again."

Nicole talks to the warden, "The Governor? Of course. Connect me."

Nicole listens as she's connected to Jimbo, "Miss DiMera, this is Governor Ford. I'm gonna come straight to the point. A mutual friend brought your case to my attention. I have decided your punishment was too harsh. I am granting you a full pardon effective immediately. You will be released today. And hopefully, so will I."

Nicole is overjoyed, "Governor! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me," says Governor Jim, "Thank your friend. And Miss DiMera, don't ever give me cause to regret this."

"Thank you so much," beams Nicole. She hangs up and gives Rafe the good news, "The Governor just pardoned me!"

Nicole turns to McTavish, stands up and they share high fives and butt bumps. Rafe stops the party and asks why the Governor would do that.

Adrienne asks, "I just flew halfway around the world because Hope thinks we're not happy?"

Justin corrects, "Not happy apart."

"What about you," asks Adrienne, "Are you with her on this?"

Hope picks just the right time to walk in. Adrienne gives her both barrels, "You had me fly here to make a fool of myself. Stay out of my life." Adrienne storms out.

Justin turns to Hope, "I wish you hadn't done this." He chases Adrienne.

Melanie stammers. Nathan tells her Stephanie lied and says he would have wanted to read the letter, "What did it say?"

Governor Jim rants, "That lunatic Nicole has been loosed on society. OK. I lived up to my end of the bargain. I want the camera." Anna keeps the camera, but gives him the chip containing the pictures. Jim takes it, "The woman I knew years ago wouldn't have done something like this." Suddenly, the little scoundrel Jim gets a twinkle in his eye, " Tell me something... those toys you brought... you think maybe we could use them again? I would love to remember it this time."

Anna gasps, "Oh, Jim... Oh what the heck, it's been a long time..." Looks like Governor Jimbo doesn't walk away empty handed.

McTavish congratulates Nicole and goes to get a box so she can pack her things.

"I'm still waiting for you to name the kidnapper," says Rafe, "Who was it?"

Nicole bobs and weaves, "It was Kate. I recognized her whispering voice. She has never liked me. She is a heartless loser and didn't care if she was hurting her own husband."

"Wrong," says Rafe, "We already checked out Kate. She's clean."

"Penicillin works wonders," says Nicole, "At least I get to go home." Rafe thinks the pardon came out of the blue and asks about that. "Just lucky I guess," says smiles Nicole.

"Something tells me luck didn't have a thing to do with it," says Mr. Sharpie. Rafe leaves.

Nicole thanks Lois and promises to follow through on her "present" for all her consideration. Lois gets a call and hands Nicole the phone, "It's for you."

Nicole finds Anna on the other end, "Hello, Anna, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine," says Anna, "I know you're fine. I'm pretty sure Jim's fine. I have a friendly little warning, if you ever get an idea you want to turn me in... I taped our conversations."

"Since I'm free, so are you," promises Nicole. She hangs up, "I love second chances." She turns to McTavish, "I need one more favor..."

Phillip plays tycoon again. He gets off the phone and says Stephanie and Nathan can work things out... or not, "Melanie loves me. Nathan is history and that's the way it will stay." Translation: For a microsecond.

Melanie asks if Nathan was mad at her for marrying Phillip. "I just wanted to get out of town," says Nathan.

"With Stephanie," asks Melanie, "OK I'll tell you what was in that letter."

Nicole makes another call, "This is Mr. Michelson's secretary. Mr. Michelson would like to speak to Mr. Brady Black." Brady's secretary tells her Brady is away on business. "He's in Santo Domingo," asks Nicole. Nicole worms Brady's location out of the secretary and hangs up, "Looks like my second chance is away on business. Which gives me an opportunity to start over."

Rafe arrives to see the Governor Jim. The governor lets him in and Rafe asks, "Why did you pardon Nicole DiMera?"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

The Rafe and Mr. Punching Bag photos is priceless and I for one, am not surprised Mr. PB won the IQ test, though I would love to see Rafe miss a swing and Mr. Punching Bag scores a TKO!

Methinks Justin wants a Cup o' Hope. Ew, way too early for that this morning.

Maggie comes in and we share an uncomfortable moment, "What's going on?" Like this won't be the first of many?

Justin asks, "Does that mean you're ready to move on." Subtle, Justin. Really Smooth. Subtle is not a word you will find on any Soap.

Rafe gets sarcastic. "What, Maybe she wore the boots backwards? I am sick of being jerked around by you "In fact, I am sick of being a jerk", now that would have been a surprise.

Justin looks that up in the "Key Words" section of the Guy Manual: "You have been the best friend — there is an old saying that dogs are man's, or woman's, best friend. What she is telling you is you stand about as much chance as Fido." Looks like that cup of Hope may have to wait afterall.

Nicole says, "Rafe this is going to blow your mind." That'll be a small explosion. Indeed. Like the search for the ever elusive Big Foot.

Yay! Adrienne's back. Okay maybe not Yay. Once again, Hope butts into yet another person(s) life.

Anna gasps, "Oh, Jim... Oh what the heck, it's been a long time..." Looks like Governor Jimbo doesn't walk away empty handed. ah Salem, where the women are cheap sluts and the toys are cheaper.

"I love second chances." She turns to McTavish, "I need one more favor..." I am glad she loves them but unfortunate for a little website of the same name....

Maybe it was the filler today, or just the way the sunlight glints off of Prevuze hair, but I was feeling inspired.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't buy Rafe as an FBI agent, a cop yes not an FBI agent (i know some FBI agents and they are more distinguished). I don't buy his little sister as an ex-druggie/drug-dealer either..there is a problem with this family; they are not credible in their jobs.
The scenes between Anna and Gov Jim seem pretty good !
And Nicole after Eric, Austin, Brady, Ej, she will chase Brady again !
Why these women have always to be obsessed by guys, it's cool to be single also but i like her bitchy/sassy attitude back !
Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie angst, love drama zzzzzzzz so boring get the poor Philip out of this mess !
Welcome back Adrienne (i love Judi Evans).

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Methinks Justin wants a Cup o' Hope.

If there’s any slurping, I hope it’s done off screen.

"It's about Sydney," says Nicole, "There is something you need to know."

Anna’s got the governor trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey so I’m betting that Nicole won’t be spilling any beans to the Rafester. The DOOL writing team is also known as Red Herrings R Us.

Anna smiles, "You got really creative after midnight.”

…and so did Anna. In fact, Anna is so creative that it’s totally unbelievable that she got herself into such a precarious position that she had to resort to blackmailing the governor.

Phillip just says he made a bad mistake. His mistake was marrying the little twerp, but we won't dwell on that.

Of all the really stupid things that go on in Salem, Phillip marrying Melanie ranks near the top of the crazy chart.

Nathan says maybe he would have tossed the letter.

Enough already!! I think I can speak for all the faithful Prevuzites – we don’t give a rat’s hairy tuchus about no stinkin’ letter!!

Rafe continues to taunt and mock mainly as a time-wasting measure.

If there's something boring
in your neighborhood

Who you gonna call?
Ghostbusters – no make that Rafe Hernandez!

"Wrong," says Rafe, "We already checked out Kate. She's clean."

"Penicillin works wonders," says Nicole.

LOL!!!!!

"Melanie loves me. Nathan is history and that's the way it will stay." Translation: For a microsecond.

Oh the potential for never ending and nauseating angst! I can hardly wait – ZAAPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

The governor lets him in and Rafe asks, "Why did you pardon Nicole DiMera?"

An appropriate response to that question would be as follows: “Who the bleep are you and what makes you think the decision I made is any of your bleeping business? Excuse me while I call the gendarmes to get your sorry bleep removed from the premises”

Super Monday morning moving pictures and Eliot Spitzer reference Prevuze!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Hope called…and you dropped everything and flew halfway around the world to see me instead of making a simple phone call?"

"What's so strange about that," asks Adrienne , "Isn't that what any normal person would do if they have thousands to blow on a last minute plane flight?
"

Exactly what I was thinking. Couldn’t the writers have come up with a better reason to bring Adrienne into the show? Like wondering why Justin hadn’t signed the divorce papers yet? Or personally handling a problem that had come up in selling her share of Alice’s?

OMG!! Finally!! A Salemite with a few more brain cells than a dead guppy - “I have a friendly little warning, if you ever get an idea you want to turn me in... I taped our conversations."

I, too, found the moving picture very, uh, moving. Wish I had one in my office right now. LOL

I've got sun. And I've got a great Monday prevuze. Life is sweet.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Congratulations, Prevuze! The moving picture caused not a coffee spit-take but my first coffee-dribble-out-of-my-mouth-and-down-to-my-chin experience. So embarrassing.

Can a governor can just make a call and get anyone accused of anything pardoned from prison? No checking with other law enforcement or government authorities, psychiatrists, etc.? This seems highly unlikely to me. Oh wait - this is DOOL. Nevermind.

And OMG!! Why doesn't Stephanie take whatever's left of that stupid letter and give it to Nathan and tell him what to do with it? At this point why on earth would any woman care what he does? Get a clue, Steponme, he's just not that into you. At least she told Phillip about it (a little too late, dummy. How about BEFORE the wedding?) Now he can obsess and harp about it, too.

Somehow Hope will turn Justin and Adrienne's irritation toward her butting in to another "Why is everyone mad at innocent ol' ME?" thing.

LOL over The ghost of busybodies past appears, "It's either Neil Curtis or Mickey. It can't be both." (Prevuze, best Salem History resource on the internet.) And great pictures today!

Happy Monday all. Pardon me while I go wipe off my chin.......

8:10 AM  
Anonymous saggy baskets said...

Why does anyone want Nathan? Maybe they should fix him up with Arianna.

Your Rafe banner is priceless! Maybe you can make that one permanent.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So... Philip's idea to help Maggie was to pay someone else to do it? Seeing as her condition is supposed to be a secret- for some reason -I'm of the opinion that a paid nurse would tip people off.

"You're obsessed," says Stephanie, "Every word out of your mouth is about Melanie and that stupid letter."
Nathan is such an ass, how is he not able to appreciate a girlfriend who treats him with same respect one would treat a child.

"Nathan," says Stephanie, "He dumped me for your wife."
And she told on him and Melanie. LOL!!

McTavish interrupts, "Nicole... phone. The warden wants to talk to you." Man these writers are clever.
Indeed, I was on pins and needles.

Nicole is overjoyed, "Governor! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me," says Governor Jim, "Thank your friend. And Miss DiMera, don't ever give me cause to regret this."

I'm actually happy about this and what makes it more sweeter is that Rafe was screwed in the process. :D

Rafe stops the party and asks why the Governor would do that.
Looks like there's going to be an inquisition.

Rafe arrives to see the Governor Jim. The governor lets him in and Rafe asks, "Why did you pardon Nicole DiMera?"
And I was right. I amazed that Rafe can walk up to a Governor and demand explanations, like he's entitled to one. There's also the consideration that if the Governor can pardon Nicole with such ease he can easily have Rafe sacked. And since Rafe wants to be the sole provider for himself, a mother, and up to 3 kids he should really learn to swallow his pride or at least act with more... tact.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Something tells me luck didn't have a thing to do with it," says Mr. Sharpie.

From now on I will think of Rafe as an overgrown magic marker - but one without a point.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I am a person who has Myasthenia Gravis, you don't need a nurse, you don't have seizures, fainting spells, none of the symptoms that Maggie has. If you take your meds, you will be for the most part OK and live as normal life.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Blago said...

Can a governor can just make a call and get anyone accused of anything pardoned from prison? No checking with other law enforcement or government authorities, psychiatrists, etc.?

You bet you can. A governor can do any doggone thing he pleases. If I were still governor, for a quick roll in the hay with Anna, I'd not only have pardoned her, hell I'd have made her senator from my state, too.

Say, are you all watching my reality show stint? And I really don't think I look like Donny Osmond.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Say, are you all watching my reality show stint? And I really don't think I look like Donny Osmond.

Darn it! I made it all the way to the last comment and felt safe enough taking a drink - which subsequently ended up spewed all over my desk. I guess I'll never learn. And that was awful darn funny last night, too! Though I liked the guy who called him a disgrace and told him to enjoy prison even more! :-)
Prevuse® - Best Apprentice blog on the internet.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I also enjoyed the Apprentice last night. Ol' Blago doesn't let anything phase him, does he? And every answer from the guy is a "typical politician" answer. HA

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Say, are you all watching my reality show stint? And I really don't think I look like Donny Osmond.

Blago honey I endured your paid reality show stint as governor of Illinois. I live in Illinois. Did I vote for you? Not no but hell no!

While in office, it certainly would have been nice if you had actually lived in the Governor's mansion located in Springfield. After all, the capitol is in Springfield, Governor Hat Head, not in Chicago. By living close to your job, you could have saved the tax payers of this fair state $9,000 each time you flew between Springfield and Chicago. Don't even get me started on Free Rides for Seniors. OK - I'm started. Manipulating public transportation funds in an effort to secure more votes will definitely be part of your incredible and lasting legacy. Hopefully, a jail sentence will round out the resume.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For one thing," says Maggie, "because the world is full of buttinskis like you and me."

Seriously, the best way to handle Nathan would be to ignore him. Not seek him out.

I must point out that you have the Maggie and Hope lines mixed up. Maggie says she hopes they last and Hope says why wouldn't they and Maggie says why can't love be simple.

word verification admilmyr: the special admiration one has for one's MIL. Or as I like to put it, Oh G0d D@m it what does she want now?

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs